Church of Requesta

For the sole purpose of guilds recruiting members.

Azerath
Alpha Tester

Church of Requesta

Post by Azerath » 25 Nov 2015, 01:46

With the official release of LiF:YO the Church of Requesta will now be actively looking for members.

The Church is interested in both individual players, and entire nations to join us.

Why a religion?

Game play eventually grows stale. This is true for every game, online or not. For me personally, politics, intrigue, diplomacy, in-game interactions between characters (basically role playing) is the only thing that will keep me playing this game for years. I believe I'm not the only one who shares this belief.

Religions are unique in that have no real borders. This can lead to interactions between guilds on the eastern side of the continent with guilds on the western side. We can have server-wide meetings between the Bishops with them all trying to finagle Church policy in a way that bests serves their nation. We can celebrate server-wide religious holidays, and maybe even have server-wide religious conflicts.

We can have independent religious communities, friars who travel the world, and missionaries who try to convert reluctant guilds...and probably get killed for it.

Why not the in-game religion?

This is a sandbox game. A Dev created religion just isn't as appealing to me as one created and shaped by the players in that sandbox.

I also like the idea of there being multiple religions in this game, all vying for supremacy.

I am a member of the Silver Sun Republic, and if you are a free player just looking to become a member of the Church in some capacity, it would be best to head over to those forums:
http://www.silversunrepublic.com/content.php

If you are a guild leader, or the member of another guild, you can send me a PM on these forums, or on the Silver Sun forums. You'll probably get a quicker response if you join the Silver Sun forums, and send me a PM there.

For more information, here's a link to the guild discussion on these forums: church-of-requesta-t4765/
Caelitus Mihi Vires

Azerath
Alpha Tester

Re: Church of Requesta

Post by Azerath » 07 Dec 2015, 18:27

A few clarifications:

You do not have to join the Republic if you want to be a member of the Church. I am happy to "train" people from other guilds to be priests, or independent people who don't want to tie themselves to any guild.

There is no expectation of a formal alliance between the guilds who are members of the Church.
Caelitus Mihi Vires

Azerath
Alpha Tester

Re: Church of Requesta

Post by Azerath » 16 Jan 2016, 19:31

The Church is primarily a roleplaying (RP) guild. We engage in Forum, in-game, and Practical Roleplay.

Forum RP is where you post something on the forums. An interactive story where multiple people can join. It can have a pre-determined outcome, or it can develop based on the actions taken by the people in the story. It generally has no real in-game effect.

In-game RP is where you play out your character while playing the actual game. The Church only engages in this type of RP when it's relatively safe to do so. Our members aren't expected to pontificate while being assaulted or the like. This can be scripted or spontaneous.

Practical RP is a bit more complicated of a subject. In the Church, you are a priest because you have a good understanding of the Church's lore and can teach it to other ppl. You are a friar because you travel around helping people in the name of the Church and in return people give you enough food not to starve. Bishops will meet in conclaves to determine the future of the Church. You are these things, not because of your in-game class or your in-game skills, but because you fill these roles in-game.
Caelitus Mihi Vires

Return to Guild Recruitment