LF Guild

For the sole purpose of guilds recruiting members.
Roelen

LF Guild

Post by Roelen » 24 Feb 2016, 00:54

Looking for a heavy RP guild with a focus or interest in starting on Gaelic culture. When I say heavy RP, I still mean practical RP, just all my actions and skills and crafts will be based on character. I am looking to start a hamlet/village within the realm claim of a bigger guild and get a small community going out there. Interested players building personal homesteads/farmsteads can build around mine and we can combine to make a single village. Of course, then we will pay tribute to the guild in military power, crafted items, etc.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Re: LF Guild

Post by Krevente » 24 Feb 2016, 04:08

I saw your post on our recruitment thread and I think your plan is perfect. We can help you build up and integrate into the larger Realm/Kingdom on your own terms. We are running an RP-PvP server right now with several other guilds with pretty high activity.

LifeisRoleplay.com Hyperion Total War| RP_PvP is the name of the server.

Roelen

Post by Roelen » 24 Feb 2016, 21:47

Nice, I have at least one other player who will be joining, if I gather enough support, I was thinking about creating a Serjeanty within the kingdom of hyperion, perhaps?

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 25 Feb 2016, 00:19

That would be very possible. The way we bring groups into the fold that are below a 'shire' (Shires consisting of roughly 40+ members) are through the standing shires. I recommend you guys jump in with us and we can discuss structural matters to see how we all best fit together. Now is the best time to get in on that discussion to make sure you get into the position you really want.

Roelen

Post by Roelen » 25 Feb 2016, 21:32

I would like to play as nobility from an RP perpective, but would prefer that I wasn't leading a whole realm, as I don't always have the time to deal with such things. (Tried it in LoTRO a few times to no avail, I could build a group quickly enough but it fell apart due to RL stuff with leadership, including myself, just as quickly.) Perhaps I could institute a "Regent" system where others can take lead in my absscense or we could have a monthly/seasonal rotation? As for ranking, I assume leadership of border territory (realm claim outskirts) would make me a marquis? Though that would historically put me above shire leaders (sherriffs)... not sure if mark = county in political status though, and it seems like your shires are more equivalent to counties, which would be ruled by a count? I dunno we cam discuss the feudal rankings later :p

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 26 Feb 2016, 00:05

Each shire is either a Duchy, County or Barony depending upon the size and composition. It also depends upon to whom you swear your vassalage to and what their status would be.

The Silver Sun Republic is a Crowned Mercantile Republic, which is the equivalent of a Duchy and I currently have two Baronies as direct vassals and two fiefdoms. Each of the Baronies could operate as guilds in their own right, but because of the relationship we all have together we have decided to all work as one shire. The fiefdoms I currently hold are longtime Republic members who have proven themselves as leaders and I grant them land and members as a sub-group roughly around 10 or 20 people depending on our activity at the time.

If you were to lead a border group, you would be a March Lord, which could make you a Marquis, but you could also be several other ranks depending upon your involvement/roster.

Ultimately, it all comes down to roster size, activity and involvement. We would negotiate your initial vassalage based upon several factors, but I recommend you join up, be active and recruit guys to your cause. It would be fair to our other vassals if you had three dudes and I made you a Baron. It also makes it more fun to grow with the group, too, so that if you start out with a Serjeantry and recruit enough people to grow then I could eventually name you a Count and split you off into your own County. It is how we've grown the Republic over time. When we go into other games or activity dies, then we may absorb that County back into the main group, but your legacy will stay in tact as recorded by our history and lore.

Several of our legacy military units are considered heritage units and they carry the banners of past famous groups, like our Gryphons of Gulghat who held out the city in Darkfall Online against the entire server for multiple sieges. Our premier infrantry unit carries their name across every game we play.

Return to Guild Recruitment