What will you do ?

All discussions relevant to Guilds go here!

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

What will you do ?

Post by Hoshiqua » 05 Mar 2016, 17:27

Hey !

I am interested in knowing what will YO guilds do upon MMO Beta / release !

Will you join the MMO world ? Will your attempt to be on your own ? Are you going / looking for to join under a bigger group for protection ? How will you deal with wars ? With your neighbours ? How will you deal with strangers that come to your town ? Will you be open for trade ? Will you be heavy on military or crafting / economics ? How will you defend / attack during a war ?

And any other questions of the type you can come up with :)

Example :

For my guild, Adareldan, we will definitely join the MMO world. We will attempt to remain independent, at all cost. We may join under a way bigger group temporarily for protection / coalition but only until the purpose of it has been accomplished. We will happily wage war and make sure to be strong enough to not rely too much on allies if possible.

Neighbors that aren't too strong or allied with too many people or our own allies will be offered the opportunity to join our kingdom, or be a "client country" (pay taxes for protection but no further joining into the politics of the kingdom, so they don't necessarily join wars and such). Those who join us as full vassals will have their leader be offered housing in the capital to join the Conclave (council).

Strangers will be welcomed into our city, under certain conditions of course (no drawing weapons, no stealing, no going to some restricted areas). As such, we will be very open for trade.

The guild itself will be mostly military, at least once we get everything going good.

During war, we will either attempt to defend all of the involved parties on our side, and always attempt to "dominate" rather than destroy a foe.

There :) Now that you get the concept, I'm eagerly awaiting for your responses !

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Re: What will you do ?

Post by Azzerhoden » 22 Mar 2016, 17:10

The Kingdom of Hyperion will be active in the MMO, in closed alpha, beta, and GA.

As always, other guilds, individuals, fiefdoms, counties, duchies and any other organizational structure would be welcome to discuss with the appropriate people about joining.

Fortunately, I am not one of those appropriate people. :D You will see from my sig that I'm the Chamberlain for the The Duchy of Wessex, which is a duchy within the Kingdom of Hyperion.

I'd be happy to point you to someone who is though, such as His Majesty, Manus Dei, or His Grace, Brando De'Medici, who also serves as Hyperion's Lord Chancellor.

Those who are interested can send me a PM or visit our forums and I'll arrange for a discussion.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 30 Mar 2016, 23:27

I am always happy to chat with others about structure, history or strategy. I always smile when I hear groups discuss tactics or strategy from a video game perspective because it's something we're constantly going on about in Hyperion.

I use video games to help develop real world strategy and tactics. MMOs really do become a sandbox to help me employ lessons learned and operational experience as a test bed before taking them back to my daily life as a military officer. I've cited MMO scenarios several times in white papers for tactics development and process improvement.

In fact, we had a great conversation with a few different groups last night that are interested in cooperating with the Kingdom of Hyperion.

Hyperion is the tried and true group that is implementing actual tactics and strategy with a real training program that is designed to teach a real grasp of what those words mean above and beyond just repeating them because it's 'tacticool' to do it.

We're looking for groups that want to do more than just talk about strategy; we want players who want to contribute to something greater than themselves that has the means to make a real impact. I don't want to waste your time with empty promises. I want us to build something legitimate.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 03 Apr 2016, 19:53

Were gunna crush bugs.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 04 Apr 2016, 17:15

Proximo wrote:Were gunna crush bugs.

:O: WE WILL KILL THEM ALL! WITHOUT MERCY OR REMORSE!
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 04 Apr 2016, 18:30

Hello there :twisted:

Kalmorte
True Believer

Post by Kalmorte » 06 Apr 2016, 20:25

Not really interested in bugs. I'm be much more focused on uprooting fallacy in the realm.

Return to Guilds Discussions and Politics