Role playing in LiF

All discussions relevant to Guilds go here!

Jeric
Alpha Tester

Role playing in LiF

Post by Jeric » 27 Nov 2013, 05:10

I don't know if anyone has thought of this yet but this game has one of the best environments for role-playing. With the limitless possibilities I see wonderful potential here. I know I am crossing my fingers and I am going to donate to help this project become a reality.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Re: Role playing in LiF

Post by Krevente » 19 Dec 2013, 23:42

Silver Sun Republic has developed and built many different RP communities in many different games. I agree 100% that the potential is endless. I look forward to working with and against folks on a deeper RP level!

Demonic

Post by Demonic » 20 Dec 2013, 09:41

I have to say, I am really excited about this game, and I look forward to meet all you Roleplayers :) I fancy myself a good roleplayer, but i never RPd in english so it will be fun :D

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 20 Dec 2013, 10:19

Raise the banners, blow the horn!
No, wait, it is not the battle horn this time. We are waking peasants for the fieldwork.
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Antiblitz

Post by Antiblitz » 20 Dec 2013, 22:19

good luck typing out that long rp sentence when i run you through, rping doesnt do much but hold you back. You think every goon that crosses this game will rp? of course not, and you doing it will more then likely get you killed unless they dedicate a server to it, which isnt happening. I wouldnt bother trying it, because once the game starts, that all goes out the window.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 20 Dec 2013, 22:31

Antiblitz wrote:good luck typing out that long rp sentence when i run you through, rping doesnt do much but hold you back. You think every goon that crosses this game will rp? of course not, and you doing it will more then likely get you killed unless they dedicate a server to it, which isnt happening. I wouldnt bother trying it, because once the game starts, that all goes out the window.

That's where you are wrong man, roleplaying is a very significant part of the game for some people, and I doubt you will 'run us trough' when we will be drinking ale and celebrate within walls of our kingdom.

There will be many roleplayers, and there will be as many pvpers and other type of players.

You say such thing that I may reason to believe you don't know what is MMORPG, or you confuse it with just some MMO. MMORPG means Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, might that Role Playing be forgotten by you? This happens, many people these days confuse typical MMO with MMORPG, because many of them became sports like football, DOTA for instance, well WoW can be counted too because only thing people are doing there is PvPing and raiding.

Unfortunatly people imagination has dropped to minimum and most of them are not even capable of roleplaying because let's be honest, it requires some decent ammount of imagination and some knowledge, here for instance that is the knowledge about times of middle age, life of the people in that time etc. It is hard to play a peasant, crafstman or a soldier if one does not have any idea how these character might behave.

And therefore roleplaying is pushed beyond the border, cut off from the gameplay because players are oncentrating on PvE and PvP and their position in the global statistics.

That's the sad truth, roleplayers are minority, but roleplayers will enjoy the game more running in worst items being even homeless than PvP guys who are cursing their opponents and ganking them whenever they can. You might have no idea how different is the gameplay for true roleplayer from the gameplay of PvPr who has no idea about roleplaying or it's purpose.

Think about it.

Antiblitz

Post by Antiblitz » 20 Dec 2013, 22:40

Please dont attempt to belittle me, ive been playing plenty of mmo's to know, thats the problem, i know, you seem to not. So when im "roleplaying" by rolling around in your innards that i have strewn about on the ground, because you were typing out some nonsense like, "oh hello, traveller, i see you have your sword out, please we mean no harm, we are but simple nice men". By that time i'll be already rolling around in your polish guts.

Thats the problem, you cant fathom what others will do, what trolls do, you have no idea what happens when roleplayers and non rp'ers mix. It doesnt work well, so please go back to the other thread and rp with that chicken guy, because im not bothered by your feeble mind. I'm aware of what people will do, you will need to learn.

Go play Haven & Hearth, or Eve Online, Ultima, Darkfall, etc, please go learn how to rp in that, and you will understand how much people care that you are "roleplaying".

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 20 Dec 2013, 22:49

You seek a problem where there is none, do you really think all roleplayers are roleplaying 24/7 no matter what the situation is? If I see a guy who tries to kill me I pull out my sword/axe/cooking pot and hit him in the head as much as I have to to put him to the ground and I go back to my business. Simple as that, but if there may appear some inteligent(else) players who are going to get recieve solid hit in their nuts only by their own stupidity then it is their problem and their alone.

Anyway if you find a nice group of friendly fellows who like to roleplaying then you can go and spend some time with them doing so, even after punching some gankers you can just go back to that stuff and continue roleplaying.

If someone knows how to do it and want to do it, then they just do it, but they are aware of any danger that may come, so there will be no surprise, just a little pause.

I could give you several good examples of how it can look like, but I hope you know and I don't have to explain you that.

For about 8 years I am in roleplaying stuff of different kind, PBF, LARP, RPGs, MMORPGs and so on and so on, so I could exchange arguments with you on that matter as long as I'd have to, but that's not the point, I already said what I wanted to say and let's stop there.

Antiblitz

Post by Antiblitz » 20 Dec 2013, 23:06

whoa is me, 8 years larping, jeez, i didnt know this was going to turn into a dick swinging contest by replying telling you the dangers of rping in a pvp game.

It seems you have no experience whatsoever on the internet, but anyways, ill submit to your clearly formidable, superior, roleplaying being, to stop what will turn in to a dangerous flame war. Please continue roleplaying, i wont be.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 20 Dec 2013, 23:39

First of all, why not keep the conversation on the mature level as it was before you stormed in? That would look much more better, because you are turning normal conversation and argumentation about roleplaying into some kind of childlish sandbox war with the topic of the superiority non-roleplayers over roleplayers.

Second, I wonder what does 'experience on the internet' mean excacly and how it is measured.

Third and the last, if you don't care about roleplaying, you don't want to roleplay and you don't like roleplayers, then a good idea would be to not take a part in discussions about that matter in particular, because in the summary we can clearly see that you are lightly saying that roleplayers suck and will not survive in this game.

And now that we are all aware how much you do dislike roleplayers you can calm down and take a deep breath and just be cool.

Demonic

Post by Demonic » 21 Dec 2013, 00:51

Arakis, my fellow brother roleplayer, you are simply waging a war that is already lost. You can not talk some sense into this type of guys. They don't like RPers, they don't like Roleplay and they're in every game.

They have a right to play the game the way they want, but they almost always think RP is stupid just 'cause they don't like it.

It is almost impossible to have a normal discussion with those types.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 21 Dec 2013, 00:56

Demonic, that I have noticed, I just didn't meet many of these kind of people, I mostly spent time in groups of people who liked both pvp and roleplaying, even a little bit, but they did.

I enjoy it very much, which you can see by reading my guild's lore. I put that roleplaying piece of soul everywhere I go, but whatever. Hopefully we will be able to sit down next to the table, drink some ale, hear some bard playing and singing and eventually knock someone down. :evil:

Demonic

Post by Demonic » 21 Dec 2013, 01:52

That we surely will my dear polish neighbour. And we will drink it in the tavern built by my blueprints :)

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 21 Dec 2013, 01:54

Well, now that I am aware that you are with the Pope I wouldnt be so sure, we are Vikings after all and you are... well, you just worship some false God.

Demonic

Post by Demonic » 21 Dec 2013, 01:59

My response to this is in your Private messages. I think we can peacefully discuss it there :)

Antiblitz

Post by Antiblitz » 21 Dec 2013, 14:34

Its not about not liking something, its about assuming the inevitable, something you completely miss. This game ISNT for roleplaying, Why you ask? because its 1 server, and every player on it isnt going to be playing to the same rules as you. By roleplaying, you are putting yourself at a distinct disadvantage to every player who refuses to do it. I myself i assume will have light roleplaying aspects, such as having a group based upon a certain historic group, or perform certain actions based upon the world around myself. However, im not going attempt to throw myself into a world that isnt going to do the same actions when the rules say nothing about the actions.

Next topic, i told you once, i will tell you again, dont attempt to belittle me, im well aware of how people play. Im not going to fold to the already near 250 shit posts you have performed in 20 days time because you think this is going to be a medieval Second Life(http://www.secondlife.com/Welcome). What im attempting to bring to you is light, light that will brighten your dim understanding of how the human player works and interacts with this world, with you acting like your going to have some super civilized world and fucking off in some tavern behind it, you are already not only making yourself a target, but hindering yourself in what will surely not be a realistic feudal system.

Oh but you have 8 years experience with larping so you surely know what will happen in a medieval game. Yet ive played games with maps, feudal systems implemented, castles, actual sieges(not that fake siege shit you wanna play on Warband, a set of placed ladders is not sieging, get out). Do you think in any of those above listed things that the people played fair? no of course not, nor did they even bother with the feudal system, it happened for like 2 months and then the sham was over, it nevers works, because of language barriers, and every cock like yourself wanting to be on top, and it just causes more problems then its worth. But hey, you would know more then me, because like i said, you have 8 years experience, and over 200 posts in 20 days......

TL:DR version, kiddies, this rping is great and all, but not everyone is going to do it, and by doing so, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage. Im not saying count it out all together, just dont expect this to be what you think it is, its a video game, and people play it as such, if you cant get that, then go fucking larp somewhere. What i bring is light showing you what trolls, and hardcore pk'ers are, and they arent nice, its reality, and it happens, for literally at times, no reason whatsoever.

Demonic

Post by Demonic » 21 Dec 2013, 14:56

Do you really think we are going to Roleplay all the time? If I see someone with his weapons ready to strike, I won't write a massege. I'll ready my bow and make sure he's dead before you get close to me.

Dailato
Alpha Tester

Post by Dailato » 21 Dec 2013, 15:33

Are you bitter about getting ganked alot, and then decided if you can't beat 'em join 'em, and anyone who doesn't follow you in that is just an idiot?
A cynic is detected at any rate.

If you will allow me for a few minutes to elaborate... I understand what you're saying, I do, honestly. But what you're thinking of is the "stereotypical" roleplayer.
The kind that plays WoW going to people's make-believe marriages and funerals wearing no weapons or armour, and the whole lot gets aoe'd by a mage.

Believe it or not these are actually pretty terrible roleplayers. Their faction is at war, and yet they go and hold such an event in a clearly unsafe place, furthermore do not bring any kind of weapons or armour for protection, and on top of that don't set up guards or protection of any kind.
Unless they are all roleplaying as idiots, this is not good roleplay, because they are not taking the other players or the world in general into account. This is however, also a symptom of the game just being bad for roleplay, as there's little room to do such events to begin with.

That being said here's how your scenario works out in LiF: you see people talking in a roleplayish manner, and decide they're easy pickings, so you run in with your sword drawn.
The roleplayers all draw their weapons and slaughter you instantly. Why? Because it's completely in character to defend yourself rather than chatting when someone charges at you with a sword. THAT is roleplay. And yeah maybe one or two are roleplaying as cowards and run off. But when they come back their friends will chastise them for it, and they will attempt to argue in defence, and suddenly your gank-attempt has added to their play and enjoyment of the game.

Non-rpers interacting with Rp-ers, plain and simple.
Now if you're going to be a troll and walk up to them and start yelling and pulling down your pants, you could just get ignored, or they could decide to punch you in the schnozz.

You see that's the beauty of an open-pvp system. It's not just "oh lol the RP-ers are no longer protected, easy pickings" it's also "the trolls are no longer protected, smack them about a bit"
And since, unlike WoW, there are no levels, such that a max lvl troll can stomp on lowbie RP-ers all day, you fuck with the RP-ers at your own risk, just like everyone else.

Please try to keep an open mind either way, I get where you're coming from, but you don't seem to have seen both sides of the fence.

Yours truly -The Pope

Antiblitz

Post by Antiblitz » 21 Dec 2013, 18:03

All of you attempting to pretend that rping is going to be something are blind, simple as that. Once you are crushed beneath some russian gankers, who zerg you, or a whole swath of ruthless trolls, you wont play anymore, your butts sore from how nobody roleplays. That is what i am trying to tell you, but apparently like i said, you all seem to have literally zero, ZERO, internet experience, or atleast so it seems. I dont care what you say, or what crap you want to try and throw at me, if you literally cant see what im telling you, then you are blind. There is nothing bitter about what i say, its reality, experience i have gained from playing, games, politics, playing both sides of a war, playing on someones emotions to later backstab them for their equipment.

Would you like examples?

Go play Dayz, there is a reason why there are two separate servers, one for roleplaying, and the other for the rest of the world, they do not co-mingle because it doesnt work, near 90% of the time, talking to someone even when they were at a disadvantage(back turned, no weapon, etc), they still attempted to kill me either on the spot, or later down the road, even when the first words out of my mouth are "hi, im friendly, i dont mean any harm, please dont fight me".

Go play Haven & Hearth;
Haven and Hearth, a game which has incredibly similar characteristics, I was walking around building a wall, i saw a man, who came on screen quite suddenly, i spoke to him saying "hello friend, im friendly, peaceful, and dont have much". He said hello back, walked up to me, knocked me out and began looting me, i stood no chance, i stated to him, "friend why would you do that, i am but a simpled man just trying to live a meager new life out here", his response was simple, "like i give a fuck", taking all i had.

Another related offense on the same game consisted of a man caught stealing from my house, i asked him to drop what he had stolen, and that he and i could just turn cheek and not speak of this again, instead he came back with 6 men and murdered my entire village on a whim, while i attempted to be "nice, and roleplay a hermit".

Strategus, something im sure you have never heard of, i and my small crew attempted to live a life in a forest until we eventually could come across a village that could have been our own, away from everyone, no enemies whatsoever, we had control of the village for about a week, until a group decided it was time to troll, no declaration of war, no preemptive warning, nothing, yet other clans would perform these ritualistic deeds to roleplay, just as a sign of fair play, and for the good of the game.

Eve Online, i had just started, joined up with a small group of 18 players, we had basically nothing. A French group, decided to declare war on us, we had never heard of them, nor did anything to anyone else, why did he declare war? money, he wanted to squeeze money out of us, money we didnt have, because we were new. We had no choice but to disband, and go our separate ways. Months later i joined with another group, a larger group, much more organized, able to defend itself. Someone declares war on us, guess who it is? the fucking french twat and his group, he told me i never paid my debt, tracked down all of us and declared war on everyone, he brought one of the large alliances playing in on the war dec. essentially bringing our playtime to a halt. I couldnt leave stations, i couldnt play a game i was paying for, because we had no way to defend ourselves. Why did he bother chasing us down months later for no reason? was it to troll? idk, what i do know was, it was an awful game experience, sitting in a station spinning your ship in circles, because you hired mercs with the last bit of money you could gather between you and the group, giving away all your money to be out paid by those french guys to the same mercs you hired, and they instead turning on you.

These are just a small bit of the vast experiences i bring to the table, that you cannot fathom. Like i said before, we will be playing game which has death, and looting, people who wont play to the same rules, meta gaming like fools, so why bother when they wont and will more then likely ruthlessly murder you for your bundle of sticks you managed to gather on your first hour of playing.

Either way, you will either dissolve whatever roleplaying you do, or you will fold to other players who dont, and meta game to kill you, because they will kill you, because this is a game, not real life, and they wont play by your rules, they play by theirs, oh and they dont have any.

Im tired of this discussion, you will continue posting telling me how superior you will be, and how nothing will harm you, staking claims to land, and title. The game hasnt started, you have no idea of what powers lay dormant, this game hasnt even reached out to players that it should have, please continue making yourselves good targets.

More examples, because you seem to not get it:
http://youtu.be/aqJG36aPN0o
http://youtu.be/X3ucf_yJFRg
http://youtu.be/6xEpCVfqch0
There are so many more, just type in youtube, "insert game name" and "pvp or trolling or pking etc". This is what you are trying to bring yourself into, and i dont think you are prepared.

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 21 Dec 2013, 19:13

I understand both sides of this argument and I've had this discussion with Arrakis and other people before.

You have to strike a balance between what I like to call "practical RP" and dealing with the people who are just out to wreck you day any time they can.

In my mind, practical RP is when you create a persona for your characters, clan, or kingdom and attempt to live that persona. You don't create fake weddings, wierd story lines, and things like that. You react in a roleplay manner to the situations that unfold as a result of the actions of other players. To me that is practical roleplay.

Now, I understand Arrakis's point of view that hard core roleplay is entertaining for alot of folks and there isn't anything wrong with that. However, those individuals are not typically the hard core pvp types that will keep a city from burning to the ground.

Your balance is that you have to be able to cater to both groups in a clan. This isn't impossible because more often than not, your RPer's are the crafter, adventuerer, types anyhow. Your pvper's are your combat, hunter, warfare types. In most cases (not all) those two groups can coexist since they don't really have much to do with each other most of the time. As long as the pvp crowd doesn't give the RP crowd and bunch of crap and the RP crowd doesn't spend any battle looting while the pvpers do all the fighting, then it usually works out.

Roleplay in a Sandbox is perfectly fine. Lots of people will join in for a little fun even if they don't typically role play. But you have to be able to flip the off switch and go straight into kick arse mode when that odd group of uncultured barbarians comes in to start killing and raping without so much as an introduction.

It's a fine balancing act that few have mastered. That isn't to say that it can't be done. It's just hard.
Lord Cian Khan
Baron of Deephold,
Gul Khan of House of Khans
Great Khan of the Tribal lands

HOUSE OF KHANS
http://www.houseofkhans.com

HOK DISCORD
https://discord.gg/NRB3DR3

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 15 Feb 2014, 21:45

When you get the CoD kiddies in your area, and they start spouting off at the mouth with their "U mad bros" and such I just say "What manner of speech is this Brother?" Then I declare them a either a witch or consort of the devil, and I dispatch them.
Cimmerian Mercenary

Sellka
Alpha Tester

Post by Sellka » 16 Feb 2014, 04:02

From briefly reading this I look forward to some of the groups that are already here, taking note. Roleplaying the diplomatic terms, feasts, festivals, Knighting ceremonies. I do look forward to it all.

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 17 Feb 2014, 00:12

RP definitely adds to the life of the game. I look forward to getting out there and bashing heads to have stories to tell around the campfire, not just sitting around making them up :D

We're putting some additional touches on our RP community site at http://www.lifeisroleplay.com. Right now the forums link redirects to our own guild site, but that will be replaced by neutral forums so that it becomes more of a community wide effort.

Looking for volunteers to help us run it!

Sting5

Post by Sting5 » 17 Feb 2014, 05:23

And again Antiblitz and Arrakis rip each other apart :)

Thing is that this is MMORPG, not MMO. Deal with it.

I see one problem thus far - we will have great demand of food in guilds, but as much as I can see right now, nobody wants to breed animals and take care of seeds - everyone is looking for sword fights. And this kills most of the Feudal life :(

P.S. Jousting tournaments will be awesome!
QUAERO TOTUS

Demonic

Post by Demonic » 17 Feb 2014, 07:28

Sting5 wrote:And again Antiblitz and Arrakis rip each other apart :)

I thing it's more like a habit by now :D

By the way, they are definitely people who go for food making, problem with that is the fact, if you won't be good in fighting or you won't have a big guild, you'll end up loosing all your stuff over and over again. THat's why guys are more into combat.

And the other thing is, you have to have buildings for farming... that's I'll roll with world shaping ;)

Elysana
Alpha Tester

Post by Elysana » 17 Feb 2014, 12:52

Greetings!

I have been playing MMOs, both sandbox and theme park, for quite some time now, and I am of the mind that role-playing and hardcore PvP can still go hand in hand.

You can always identify who only plays the game for the player-killing, and who enjoys role-playing, which allows you to choose who to role-play with.

If the person or the guild you're interacting with seems like the "LULZ, stabbity-stab stab kill kill" type, you can always speak to them plainly, as a player. Otherwise, you can interact in your character's voice, if you think the player you're dealing with is receptive to role-play.

We must also keep in mind that while Life is Feudal is certainly hardcore, it also has an alignment system, which would probably curb the senseless player-killing.

I may not be a hardcore role-player myself, but I love weaving stories behind the characters, guilds, or factions I make, and tailor them accordingly to the existing lore.

I also like the idea of dangerous weddings, be they red or purple, majestic feasts (King Harlaus?), intrigue, diplomacy, and all that stuff. It's all just for good fun!

I did have a light role-playing guild once in a persistent hardcore PvP world that swore to protect lesser factions, and I think we did just fine, PvP-wise.

We shall see whether Life is Feudal is conducive to role-play, but I'd like to think so.

Lady Elysana

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 17 Feb 2014, 13:07

I agree with Bobik that the world population will stay relatively low for the first few months and so we will not have too many hardcore pvp competitors.

But as the game will get more poplular, I am afraid it will become very much like EVE where hardcore powergaming 24/7 is the only way to survive.

Yet we will still be able to arrange roleplay between guilds, organise RP tuornaments, siedges with no looting and all kinds of team roleplay events.
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

ARTHURDAYNE151

Post by ARTHURDAYNE151 » 20 Feb 2014, 20:05

Antiblitz wrote:All of you attempting to pretend that rping is going to be something are blind, simple as that. Once you are crushed beneath some russian gankers, who zerg you, or a whole swath of ruthless trolls, you wont play anymore, your butts sore from how nobody roleplays. That is what i am trying to tell you, but apparently like i said, you all seem to have literally zero, ZERO, internet experience, or atleast so it seems. I dont care what you say, or what crap you want to try and throw at me, if you literally cant see what im telling you, then you are blind. There is nothing bitter about what i say, its reality, experience i have gained from playing, games, politics, playing both sides of a war, playing on someones emotions to later backstab them for their equipment.

Would you like examples?

Go play Dayz, there is a reason why there are two separate servers, one for roleplaying, and the other for the rest of the world, they do not co-mingle because it doesnt work, near 90% of the time, talking to someone even when they were at a disadvantage(back turned, no weapon, etc), they still attempted to kill me either on the spot, or later down the road, even when the first words out of my mouth are "hi, im friendly, i dont mean any harm, please dont fight me".

Go play Haven & Hearth;
Haven and Hearth, a game which has incredibly similar characteristics, I was walking around building a wall, i saw a man, who came on screen quite suddenly, i spoke to him saying "hello friend, im friendly, peaceful, and dont have much". He said hello back, walked up to me, knocked me out and began looting me, i stood no chance, i stated to him, "friend why would you do that, i am but a simpled man just trying to live a meager new life out here", his response was simple, "like i give a fuck", taking all i had.

Another related offense on the same game consisted of a man caught stealing from my house, i asked him to drop what he had stolen, and that he and i could just turn cheek and not speak of this again, instead he came back with 6 men and murdered my entire village on a whim, while i attempted to be "nice, and roleplay a hermit".

Strategus, something im sure you have never heard of, i and my small crew attempted to live a life in a forest until we eventually could come across a village that could have been our own, away from everyone, no enemies whatsoever, we had control of the village for about a week, until a group decided it was time to troll, no declaration of war, no preemptive warning, nothing, yet other clans would perform these ritualistic deeds to roleplay, just as a sign of fair play, and for the good of the game.

Eve Online, i had just started, joined up with a small group of 18 players, we had basically nothing. A French group, decided to declare war on us, we had never heard of them, nor did anything to anyone else, why did he declare war? money, he wanted to squeeze money out of us, money we didnt have, because we were new. We had no choice but to disband, and go our separate ways. Months later i joined with another group, a larger group, much more organized, able to defend itself. Someone declares war on us, guess who it is? the fucking french twat and his group, he told me i never paid my debt, tracked down all of us and declared war on everyone, he brought one of the large alliances playing in on the war dec. essentially bringing our playtime to a halt. I couldnt leave stations, i couldnt play a game i was paying for, because we had no way to defend ourselves. Why did he bother chasing us down months later for no reason? was it to troll? idk, what i do know was, it was an awful game experience, sitting in a station spinning your ship in circles, because you hired mercs with the last bit of money you could gather between you and the group, giving away all your money to be out paid by those french guys to the same mercs you hired, and they instead turning on you.

These are just a small bit of the vast experiences i bring to the table, that you cannot fathom. Like i said before, we will be playing game which has death, and looting, people who wont play to the same rules, meta gaming like fools, so why bother when they wont and will more then likely ruthlessly murder you for your bundle of sticks you managed to gather on your first hour of playing.

Either way, you will either dissolve whatever roleplaying you do, or you will fold to other players who dont, and meta game to kill you, because they will kill you, because this is a game, not real life, and they wont play by your rules, they play by theirs, oh and they dont have any.

Im tired of this discussion, you will continue posting telling me how superior you will be, and how nothing will harm you, staking claims to land, and title. The game hasnt started, you have no idea of what powers lay dormant, this game hasnt even reached out to players that it should have, please continue making yourselves good targets.

More examples, because you seem to not get it:
http://youtu.be/aqJG36aPN0o
http://youtu.be/X3ucf_yJFRg
http://youtu.be/6xEpCVfqch0
There are so many more, just type in youtube, "insert game name" and "pvp or trolling or pking etc". This is what you are trying to bring yourself into, and i dont think you are prepared.

I don't think anyone has belittled you, though I've seen several occasions in your posts where you've gone out of your way to insult others.

I also am sorry to hear about your bad experiences with roleplay. At the end of the day though, it is not the other players outside of the RP Community that ultimately decides whether or not an RP community is successful. We are responsible for determining our own fate.

As for myself... I tend to play it as I would were I really living in these times. Not only armed people, but unarmed people as well better be careful to approach me to closely on the roads. I am a very paranoid person, and my character will be as well. I'm an RP'er, and that RP will reinforce the game. I'll still know how to swing a sword and prepare myself for battle.

Wrekkoning
Alpha Tester

Post by Wrekkoning » 21 Feb 2014, 14:14

I am in no way a fan of roleplay what so ever. However, that being said. Anything, and I do mean anything that brings another player fun in the games they play is good with me.

I personally view it more as work then anything, people that know us know we have done a lot of this in the past. Line battles, formations and so on. In many different games. It is for show. Its to drum IP enthusiasm for the game in your members and community. People think its fun and it can be used effectively if done right. No reason to hate it. If you feel its a disadvantage to partake, then use it to your advantage in the battlefield. If you feel its fun, then use it to the fullest and get as many people in this game as you possible can. The more the marrier.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 23 Feb 2014, 10:18

Games like this come down to communities. People of all kinds will basically be forced to pick a group to stick to for protection.

How rping comes into this is if you remain somehow useful ingame you will thrive in whatever your doing.

This game may be harsh or 'hardcore pvp' but if you can cook good food/farm anything you will be able to attach yourself to pvpers to maintain your 'pretend time' writing stories and things. There is a taxing system for living on guilds claims.

This game was designed to first and foremost be a feudal society which involves all elements. The most prominent being land ownership and peasants.

Now you may be saying "I'm not a peasant!" but the truth is the common man makes the world go round. The common man is the one who fights and dies in the mud. Who sows the fields, butchers the meat and forges the sword.

I'm a practical person and I think this game is perfect for hardcore rpers blending in with hardcore pvpers.

I'm not bashing on the pvp skills of rpers either I'm just using it as an extreme for those that may dedicate alot of time to rping and every other type of rper.

Return to Guilds Discussions and Politics