TERRORFORM

For the sole purpose of guilds recruiting members.

Dragon Scales
Alpha Tester

Post by Dragon Scales » 26 Apr 2013, 14:25

[center][center]

HephaestusWallpaper.jpg

[center]Myself and a few friends have been following LIF for quite some time, and have been keen to start up our own guild for the Alpha. We're aiming to be a social guild with a focus on letting people do what they want to do, with other like minded people by organizing the Guild into divisions. Want to go fight and pillage? We'll stick you in the 'Vanguard' or 'Raiders' division of the guild. This is just one example, but we'll get into the organization of the guild soon.

Another important point, is that not just the officers will be able to suggest changes to the guild. Any member of TERRORFORM can suggest something they would like to see or do. Think the banner should be different? Suggest. Think we should invade this territory? Suggest. If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, simply comment on the thread saying you would like to join, and an officer 'thank you' means that you have been accepted.

1. Mission Statement
- What we're aiming for, The rules, etc.
2. Organisation
- How the guild will be organized, Member training, tournaments and war games, etc
3. Plans
- What we're working toward.[/center]

[left]
1.) Mission Statement[center][/left]
TERRORFORM will be a guild devoted to being truthful to one fact. LIF is a game, so the main goal is to have fun XD. I also personally believe 'Friends can be the great motivation', so the idea is to gather together like minded individuals under one banner. Rules for joining (and staying) with TERRORFORM are as follows, but are subject to change:
RULES
A.) Don't Kill other members without permission (such as a duel, tournament, etc.)
B.) Don't steal, vandalize, or scam other TERRORFORM members.
C.) It's ok to criticize; but insults intended to be hurtful will NOT be tolerated. Horseplay is accepted.
-Difference between insults and criticism
CRITICISM - That's a terrible approach, do this. (constructive)
INSULT - Are you a fucking moron you noob? (non-constructive)
D.) Under no circumstance are TERRORFORM members ever to engage in Kingdom to Kingdom hostility (such as raiding a neutral or friendly town without an officer's orders/consent). Exceptions to this are war, self-defense, and general PVP. General PvP is ENCOURAGED.
E.) MOST IMPORTANT RULE - NEVER DISCLOSE INFORMATION RELATING TO TERRORFORM WITHOUT BEING GIVEN PERMISSION BY AT
LEAST AN OFFICER.

pvp_rule_1_tshirt.jpg

Leaders

Dragon Scales
Architect Supremacist
Blazer717

Have more friends coming, but the lazy buggers have yet to make profiles XD[/center]

[left]2.) Organization[/left]
I like to live my life by great philosophies and inspirational quotes. One such quote is "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open. - James Dewar". Even though sometimes I may think I'm correct, what if I'm actually wrong, and someone else is correct, or someone else has a better answer? And I have learned that great knowledge can come from anywhere.

Therefore, TERRORFORM will be constructed with a 'Council' that will vote on decisions, and it will be based on a tweaked majority rules system. Example: Say the council has 5 members (hopefully more than this XD) and 1 member votes No and 4 members vote Yes, the Decision will be Yes. However, if 2 members Vote no and 3 members Vote yes, the decision will be put forth to all members of TERRORFORM through the form of a Survey, and whatever the majority decides will be the decision. Any member, however, will be able to put forward ideas and if the majority votes in favor, the idea will be put into action.

TERRORFORMorganization2.jpg

TERRORFORMs organization will look something like this most likely, however odds are it will be tweaked a bit during ALPHA. It should also be mentioned that this build is for a guild of, at most, 50. Any larger and TERRORFORM will have to rely on a chain of command, e.g 'Squads and Captains'

Another important aspect TERRORFORM will be working toward is 'Training' systems which will not only train our new members, but allow the skillers in our guild to earn a stable income. For the Combat Division, for example, hopefully we will run a series of war games and drills; allowing us to practice PvP skills, build sociability and teamwork, and have fun. For Industrialists there will be an FAQ and Contract Board (forum or in built?) enabling a supply chains; in which harvesters will fulfill contracts for manufacturers, and manufacturers will complete contracts for consumers(e.g weapons for soldiers, tools for builders, siege equipment, etc.) I liked the contract system in EVE especially in a corp setting, so it's something I'll stick with.

Also, most people seem to have quartermasters. TERRORFORM won't, as this seems like something that would be better left instead to either the Industrial captains OR officers in general.[/center]

[left]3.) Plans[/left]
[center]The plan is to Gather members, claim territory (without stretching ourselves thin) build towns and an economy, Enabling our members to fulfill whatever niche it is they wish to fill. Whether it is to enter epic combat, get rich, build magnificent structures, or whatever other niche they wish to fill.

My personal hope is to build a large training/tournament ground, Which will not only be great fun, but because of the sandbox/terraforming capabilities of LIF, will allow some awesome combat scenarios/terrain. The tournament grounds will also be excellent for Training players in PvP, running wargames and group drills/formations. But the best part will be holding 'Tournaments' Charge every participant, say, 10 gold. Now say 20 people compete. The 1st place winner earns 40%(80gold) of the pool, 2nd place 20%(40gold), and 3rd place 10% (20gold). And once that's finished I'd love to go Bounty Hunting.

Feel free to leave what your goals are on this thread. Gives us all something to work towards :)
and if we can get enough members I'll see about renting a Teamspeak or Ventrilo server.

09/10/2012 EDIT
- If any of the TERRORFORM leaders (Myself, Arch-Sup, or Blazer717) 'Thank You' your post, consider your application accepted.

27/04/2013
- Thread restarted. NIXON's BACK!

- Roster 27/04/2013 :
Leaders - Dragon Scales_____Architect Supremacist_____Blazer717
Members - Balariand_____Gyrus_____Toddly
Terechsensei_____Werkarpfen_____Soorn van Linden
Simple69

27/04/2013[/center]

BjronCrackhammer

Re: TERRORFORM

Post by BjronCrackhammer » 23 Jul 2014, 03:04

I'm willing to join up if say under orders of course sneaking into a keep and burning grain sores, the armory, gear of people who happen to have crossbow bolts in them is allowed... I love sneaking and am very good at it against people (but not ai for some reason), I love the idea of screwing over a defense for our guild (or on contract)

Note I am a contract player which grants safety to my guild and it's allies but no others, I'm deniable asset. Understand that I will not ask for permission to do independent contracts or team contracts, I will however inform my CO a short while before departing with a target and the "safe" plan

Does that sound ok to all of you? Need some dirty work done? They'll never know it was you.

Return to Guild Recruitment