We Need Camels

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

BericDondarrion1
True Believer

We Need Camels

Post by BericDondarrion1 » 29 Mar 2018, 14:45

Vote Yes For Camels

Click the Strawpoll

https://strawpoll.com/hrs1k71c

Tetsel
Beta Tester

Re: We Need Camels

Post by Tetsel » 29 Mar 2018, 15:08

Since horses have been nerfed, we need a ride with more stamina !!
Camels seem to fit prefectly !

Vote Yes for glorious camel in this game !

And it can fit in your inventory, camel is a very convenient ride.

Tetsel
Beta Tester

Post by Tetsel » 30 Mar 2018, 14:35

Fabulous camel need a bump !

Eldurian

Post by Eldurian » 30 Mar 2018, 15:21

Makes sense given that there are desert regions in the game. I'd really like to see a lot more done with tamable animals including a new combat skill that allows you to tame and control wolves. Very backburner kind of stuff right now though.

As to the horse issue. It would be solved if horse stamina was regenerated if your horse was at a walk and stayed the same if your horse is at a trot. You still do move faster on horse than foot with a decent horse anyway but having to completely stop to stam up is super annoying. I feel like I spend about as much time resting as riding.

From real horseback riding I remember walking or trotting most of the way. Canter/Gallop is fairly rare and complete stops are infrequent.

Having stam regenerate at a walk and stay neutral at a trot would mean people would trot everywhere, kick it up to a canter or gallop to attack/flee enemy players, and full stops would be quite rare.

Less tedious. More realistic. Win/win

Mark-holt

Post by Mark-holt » 30 Mar 2018, 22:14

Seeing more regional animals would be a nice addition. There wasn't a need to blanket nerf the horses due to some complaints. Historically, the plains were dominated by horsemen and in the foresty, hilly and mountainous areas there were mostly footman.

When camels come out, people will ask for them to be buffed as they're slow and not ideal in combat. People will complain about how inferior they are to horses.

But overall it would be nice to see a more fleshed out animal lore system - hybrid breeding, regional breeding, selective breeding to focus on a particular stat (speed, strength, stamina) etc. It would also open up more trade opportunities and more variety in the army's. Camels can't survive in the north and so northern guilds wont have them, but they will be fighting camels in the south.

Return to General Discussion