After 100h of gamplay ideas

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Euromatone

After 100h of gamplay ideas

Post by Euromatone » 19 Nov 2014, 11:41

Hi there all,
First of all i want to thank Bobik and his team for LiF, i was waiting a long time for a game that will allow me to have as much fun as i had playing Ultima Online :)

So after those 100h of gameplay i came with some ideas how to make a life more feudal ^^
Let's begin:
1. It would be nice if standard map would be disabled for players and for example you need some skill in arts or a new skill (ex. cartography ) to create maps ( actualy map fragments ).
Imagine that, maps could be then sold to other players. Better cartographers could for exaple point villages, mines, animals, ore deposits or any point of interest for their townfolks.
2. Message Boards and signs
- they are needed especialy in this kind of game. For message boards we would use paper as notes ( they could be some kind of containers ), and signs should have some custom texts on them created by the owner.
3. Paper and books
- yeah, i like to write, create stories thats why on my own server i would like to create a library that holds some legends, info about gods and everything else ^^
4. Movable water
- would be nice to have ability to pour water to my moat
5. Working Torches
- to light all the dark nights that i travel through the island
6. Bell Towers or something similar to them
- system of alerting rest of townfolks about closing danger
7. Building for ores
- small building that can store only ores, it would be better then pouring them on the ground ^^
8. GM tools/commands for faster terraforming
- as admin on my server i would like to have ability to create thing as villages, castles, labirynths, arenas and any points of interest that i want to create faster. Flattening 100 squares can be a pain for now.
9. GM tools/commands for better object/item distribution/deletion
- ability to give items to other players or delete them from inventory, setting theirs alligment or other things would be nice addition to GM abbilities
10. More options in database to change how things work in game, ex. breeding times, spawning rates... etc. and of course would be nice if we could change things only on server side without need to dowload files to client side ( maybe some auto download option could help for now )
11. Traps for players -
It would be a nice addition to fortification system, some wooden/metal spikes, maybe some flamable fluid that we can pour on the ground ^^
12. Claiming system that allow adding trusted persons to buildings
- for people creating villages it is the first and most immportant thing, maybe some kind of building (ex. monument, townhall, villagestone etc. ) that will allow a creator to add buildings and people to it.
13. Trading system ( trading for coins or barter option )
- some traiding stands or something similar with option to add items with cost option would be nice to boost trade between people
14. Poisons and diseases
- poisoned arrows, poisoned weapons, poisoned food, natural diseases should create more love for herbalists ^^
15. Better healing system
- i don't know what should be changed but i don't like it :P
16. Entrances for mines
- would be a nice addition if we could make mines look more like mines xD
17. GM tools/commands that allow us to fill tunnels and holes on map
- Yeah, for now after some time of playing there can be many holes and unused tunnels on the map that we can't do anything with. Would be nice if we could fill those holes and recreate land without wiping all server data ^^
18. Baners and flags
- only to show those tresspassers on whos land they are ^^
19. Teleporting to "set as home" location without a home location shouldn't teleport you anywhere
20. Decorative objects should have interactions, ex. chairs, beds, benches... would be nice to sit on something better then cold ground.
21. After death there should be a body not a tombstone, and of course we should have ability to chop it to pieces ( like in UO ) and use some parts as decorations :P
22. Fishing should be reworked to be more challanging, let us use some baits, worms to catch better ql fishes, make it more like a minigame not just point and wait
23. Faith/Piety system should add some effects to players not only change aligment, for me aligment should be changed by interaction with players having higher authority not only by praying to gods ^^. Prayers should for example change players luck, maybe some stats or skills, of course everything would be temporary and aligment should have a big influence in praying succes rate.
24. Musical instruments for those who want to create a medieval band ^^ maybe some effects of music, something like calmness status that will allow you to rest faster.
25. Something easier to make than tiny shack for starters, maybe some fiber tent just to "set as my home".
26. Some reworking in skill tree, some skill requairments are just not logical, ex. scale armor for shields ? why ? or cooking for tailoring ^^
27. Ability to deconstruct objects constructed by players or ability to destroy those objects ( ex. campfires, tiny shacks or any other movable or unmovable objects ).
28. Seasons
- i know it would be hard to implement but it would be a superb addition to game especialy winter seaon with snow ^^
29. Ability to track people.
30. More balnce in storage capacity of containers.

That is all for now, if something comes to my mind i will update this thread.

PS. Sorry for my rusty english ^^

General-Zod

Re: After 100h of gamplay ideas

Post by General-Zod » 20 Nov 2014, 16:05

You completed 100 hours... congratulations

Now that you are familiar on how the game works next you will need to pay a visit to the extended FAQ's, I believe they address most of the suggestions here.

With that being said here are the idea's that I like...

11. Traps for players
16. Entrances for mines (which I believe was address in another thread)
18. Banners and flags
29. Ability to track people. (My favourite)

In regards to #29 this would mean somebody with high tracking skill and proficient with weapons could potentially become a Bounty Hunter. Traveling the lands, rendering his services for a small fee to individuals that have been robbed/murdered or could even be contracted out by a Kingdom that wants to protect their villagers.

Fluffypinkbunny

Re: After 100h of gamplay ideas

Post by Fluffypinkbunny » 20 Nov 2014, 21:05

you missed the official wiki's faq version. (which is a little easier to search than the forum versions. imo)
http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Faq
(though i update it about once a week, so it might seem "slower" than the forum versions.)

Return to Suggestions and Ideas