Discovered GM Commands [Dedicated]

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

TgTemplar

Re: Discovered GM Commands [Dedicated]

Post by TgTemplar » 23 Sep 2014, 19:02

If you use the site that's depicted in your README when you get the ded. server files, Maria comes with Heidi.

I've been using that.

----

Anyone know how to modify starting inventories for a server? I'd love to give everyone starting gear, like basic leather and a sword.
New RP Server that is driven entirely by you, the players.
post25586/#p25586
Give us a go!

Sherwood23

Post by Sherwood23 » 23 Sep 2014, 20:09

The /gm works as I get GM in my name; however...

None of the other commands work, what file are you guys editing ?

Thanks

Pbwolf

Post by Pbwolf » 23 Sep 2014, 21:04

You have to edit the database. There is a character table, with a column for GM. Change it to 1 for your character.

Rebumai

Post by Rebumai » 23 Sep 2014, 21:10

Pbwolf wrote:You have to edit the database. There is a character table, with a column for GM. Change it to 1 for your character.

The thing is we don't know how to do that.

Dwolf

Post by Dwolf » 23 Sep 2014, 21:49

MH6 wrote:
Dwolf wrote:Is there any command to show the server ip?

listAllServers(); maybe? Or just select the server in the server browser and it should show the address in the bottom right.

Thanks that worked :D

TorZar

Post by TorZar » 23 Sep 2014, 22:06

MH6 wrote:If you are interested, I wrote a plugin to maintain a unique DB table that contains all the active players. I'm doing this for my live web map viewer, which shows all the current players and structures on the map in your web browser. I don't get login times (I am polling data every so often at the moment) but I'd imagine it can be done via callbacks.

I'm also writing a plugin to automatically sync character and skill data between server instances.

It'd be nice if we could get access to a few of the source server .cs files :D

you are a step ahead of me, just today at work I was running through my head the easiest way to line up and map out the DB player coords to a map... I'm kinda pulling back the throttle some to see where things are headed here. Just poking around here and there. If it goes the right direction, there is definitely potential and worth the time to develop some nice admin software..

TgTemplar wrote:/alignment set # - Sets alignment on user. Only seems to work up to 0.

/heal - As the name suggests. (Only brings a user to 100 flat.)

/Reagents - Gives you a LOT of alchemical goods. A LOT.

nice work, thanks for the effort ;) I'll add to main post

Revv wrote:Do we have to know how to use mysql to do this or is there an easier way I have no idea on how to use mysql.
Revv wrote:Are you guys using something like MySQL to edit the database files or is there another program to edit the tables?

HeidiSQL is a decent free program, I personally use Navicat. Knowing/learning even the most basic SQL is always helpful (for this and future endeavors).. but in terms of whats going on here, can easily be done with very little to no knowledge beyond setting the correct SQL server port (default 3306) and typing in the password.. Most of it would be looking at plain text in tables.

Nazgul111

Post by Nazgul111 » 23 Sep 2014, 22:17

would be usefull to know the exact filename of the database file we need to edit, the only sql file i could find in blackbox files is new.sql

TgTemplar

Post by TgTemplar » 23 Sep 2014, 22:20

To explain what I've noticed from /gm compared to setting yourself as GM via SQL Database.

/GM enables what seems like a 'GM Mode.'
All crafting and action times are reduced to 1 second. Skills are generally ignored and as long as you have a single point in the skill, you can do anything in/with the skill.

For example:

I have 1 skill point in Masonry. Without /GM, all I can make is the stone low-walls and a well. With /GM enabled, I can make literally anything within the Masonry tree, assuming I have the required resources and tools.

This said, actually having to toggle a player's status in the SQL feels a bit like a fail-safe. Even if word gets out about your Admin passwords, players can't actually use the complete, add or any other command. To be honest, I actually prefer this set up and the security it, even if unintentionally, provides.
post25586/#p25586
Give us a go!

Nazgul111

Post by Nazgul111 » 23 Sep 2014, 22:35

hmm for some reason when i press '`' ingame now it does not seem to appear at all, any ideas as to why? it worked before

TgTemplar

Post by TgTemplar » 23 Sep 2014, 22:41

Well, for what it's worth, you can just use /'Command' in any channel to use the commands listed. Issue is, you don't see any of the prompts.

Sounds like you may have unbound your key but, I can't be sure.
post25586/#p25586
Give us a go!

Kobiwaldi

Post by Kobiwaldi » 23 Sep 2014, 22:46

/weather # --Change the weather
/delobj -- Target with mouse over construction to delete it
/addobj --Found the Command but dont know how to use it :D
/setmyskill skillname # --Set's the Skill level of the selected skill
/stuck --get unstuck
/suicide --get instant kill

Something more but did not test it all (maybe some dont work at all)

/WC
/GROW -- console says "terrain grows" but needs more testing
/STABLE
/KO
/TESTCRIM -- alignment goes into negativ , you get criminal
/MIXER
/ADDOBJ
/SETMYSTAT statname # -eg Strength
/EFFECTADD x y --x Number y Duration (e.g 4 is draging)
/EFFECT
/ANIMAL
/ARROW
Last edited by Kobiwaldi on 23 Sep 2014, 23:34, edited 2 times in total.

TgTemplar

Post by TgTemplar » 23 Sep 2014, 22:48

Kobiwaldi wrote:/weather # --Change the weather
/stuck --get unstuck

Something more but did not test it (maybe they dont work at all)

/WC
/GROW
/STABLE
/KO
/TESTCRIM
/MIXER
/ADDOBJ
/SETMYSTAT
/EFFECTADD
/EFFECT
/ANIMAL
/ARROW

:shock:
post25586/#p25586
Give us a go!

TorZar

Post by TorZar » 23 Sep 2014, 22:50

Nazgul111 wrote:would be usefull to know the exact filename of the database file we need to edit, the only sql file i could find in blackbox files is new.sql

well, for specifically what you asked.. if you're running dedicated server as instructed by readme.. you'll most likely have the "database files" in (C:\Program Files\MariaDB 5.5\data\lif_1)

BUT

I'm assuming this isn't what you're really wanting as that's not how to go about editing these things..

It's running as a service and server on you're local machine (assuming again, it's been followed) and will need to log into the server with SQL management software..

BLACKBOX - I couldn't answer.. haven't touched it.. just throwing out there that it wont be a single "file" you'll be editing

TorZar

Post by TorZar » 23 Sep 2014, 22:51

TgTemplar wrote:
Kobiwaldi wrote:/weather # --Change the weather
/stuck --get unstuck

Something more but did not test it (maybe they dont work at all)

/WC
/GROW
/STABLE
/KO
/TESTCRIM
/MIXER
/ADDOBJ
/SETMYSTAT
/EFFECTADD
/EFFECT
/ANIMAL
/ARROW

:shock:

No joke, testing these out now... first one done: /delobj {working!!!} (you sir, earned a cookie <fakepicofcookie>)

TorZar

Post by TorZar » 23 Sep 2014, 22:54

/stuck - i think is pray.. which i need to remove from bar....

Sherwood23

Post by Sherwood23 » 23 Sep 2014, 22:55

Are you guys editing the new.SQL file? If so, can I adjust the value with notepad++ ?

If it is New.SQL, what's a good keyword to search for? Can I see character names etc? or do I need to search via steam ID?

Thanks

*EDIT* Nevermind, I think this was answered? researching a bit....
Last edited by Sherwood23 on 23 Sep 2014, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.

Nazgul111

Post by Nazgul111 » 23 Sep 2014, 22:56

TorZar wrote:
Nazgul111 wrote:would be usefull to know the exact filename of the database file we need to edit, the only sql file i could find in blackbox files is new.sql

well, for specifically what you asked.. if you're running dedicated server as instructed by readme.. you'll most likely have the "database files" in (C:\Program Files\MariaDB 5.5\data\lif_1)

BUT

I'm assuming this isn't what you're really wanting as that's not how to go about editing these things..

It's running as a service and server on you're local machine (assuming again, it's been followed) and will need to log into the server with SQL management software..

BLACKBOX - I couldn't answer.. haven't touched it.. just throwing out there that it wont be a single "file" you'll be editing

Blackbox = Server Provider, i am not hosting the server on my local machine but rather on blackbox servers as such i have ftp access to the server files

TgTemplar

Post by TgTemplar » 23 Sep 2014, 22:57

I've got a minor 'project' for you guys, the Loading screen prompts can be found in a file called.. something-something messages.(Will edit this when I get home. Watching students take tests atm.)

Can we find a way to get these to read personal messages or are the loading screen messages hosted locally instead of pulled from a server? Also! Altering the system welcoming prompt, has anyone found a way to modify this yet? (I've yet to sit down and comb all the files for this stuff.)
post25586/#p25586
Give us a go!

TorZar

Post by TorZar » 23 Sep 2014, 22:59

Nazgul111 wrote:
TorZar wrote:

BUT

Blackbox = Server Provider, i am not hosting the server on my local machine but rather on blackbox servers as such i have ftp access to the server files

ya, you'll have to see and hunt down if they give you access and info to log into your servers database (which, compared to other game server hosters.. doubtful but not impossible)

Nazgul111

Post by Nazgul111 » 23 Sep 2014, 23:02

TorZar wrote:ya, you'll have to see and hunt down if they give you access and info to log into your servers database (which, compared to other game server hosters.. doubtful but not impossible)

well if they dont provide such a basic function as database access, thats my card doing the chargeback along with few very rude words:p

TorZar

Post by TorZar » 23 Sep 2014, 23:05

TgTemplar wrote:I've got a minor 'project' for you guys, the Loading screen prompts can be found in a file called.. something-something messages.(Will edit this when I get home. Watching students take tests atm.)

Can we find a way to get these to read personal messages or are the loading screen messages hosted locally instead of pulled from a server? Also! Altering the system welcoming prompt, has anyone found a way to modify this yet? (I've yet to sit down and comb all the files for this stuff.)

funny you mention this.. I tried to modify the MOTD on server login and found "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Life is Feudal Your Own Dedicated Server\data\cm_messages.xml" <string id="688"> is the text for login... I changed it and nothing.. after this point I assumed it was pulled locally.. (I should stop assuming)

TgTemplar

Post by TgTemplar » 23 Sep 2014, 23:08

Yeah the messages files didn't actually display my custom messages when I modified them before but, I thought I'd ask if anyone had found something I failed to come across.
post25586/#p25586
Give us a go!

TorZar

Post by TorZar » 23 Sep 2014, 23:14

/weather # or /weather rain , storm , sunny , clear , soiedhgpoquierngp

etc etc.... get a response from the console but don't seem to jog a switch (watching clouds like in dayz when you could see the jump on switchover)

anybody hits this, please post.

Sherwood23

Post by Sherwood23 » 23 Sep 2014, 23:20

What program are you guys modifying the Database with?
My server is hosted by Blackbox, I have FTP access.. but I don't think that I would use filezilla to do so..

Would the database be located in thesefiles?
http://prntscr.com/4ppvbc

I kinda think what I need is some program that would connect to the server via IP.. then it would display the tables.. am I right?

hah thanks for your patience guys..

Nazgul111

Post by Nazgul111 » 23 Sep 2014, 23:27

Sherwood23 wrote:What program are you guys modifying the Database with?
My server is hosted by Blackbox, I have FTP access.. but I don't think that I would use filezilla to do so..

I kinda think what I need is some program that would connect to the server via IP.. then it would display the tables.. am I right?

http://www.heidisql.com/download.php
This one seems to be able to do it via ftp, however i have no clue if blackbox allows it, wrote a ticket so will see in a bit.

TorZar

Post by TorZar » 23 Sep 2014, 23:29

/addobj is def doing something... I started with <assuming> it required some sort of location, direction input as well... i was able to create a camp fire on my position.. but whatever i was doing is unstable and still need to figure out... I was entering similar to:

/addobj 117150319 234 1 1 1

or variants... when i pulled out of console and stepped back.. there was a campfire "X" sign under me

edit 1:
/addobj 520
created a School at my feet twice

edit 2:
Database: table 'objects_types' 'ID' = directly related to /addobj #
adding to main post.

edit 3:
using this method appears to be using your characters pos and direction for setting the building
Last edited by TorZar on 23 Sep 2014, 23:44, edited 4 times in total.

TgTemplar

Post by TgTemplar » 23 Sep 2014, 23:36

Purely speculation but, maybe the prompt is Item X-position Y-position Z-Position Rotation? Hopefully Object Center is your current Grid location, else the command will be nearly unusable.
post25586/#p25586
Give us a go!

TorZar

Post by TorZar » 24 Sep 2014, 00:19

Nice work on getting this figured out all, just about all we're missing is the warp/tele... :pardon:

Nazgul111

Post by Nazgul111 » 24 Sep 2014, 00:22

Nazgul111 wrote:
Sherwood23 wrote:What program are you guys modifying the Database with?

http://www.heidisql.com/download.php
This one seems to be able to do it via ftp, however i have no clue if blackbox allows it, wrote a ticket so will see in a bit.

Just got an answer and yes indeed they can set it up, just make an inquiry and they will be able to sort you out:D

TorZar

Post by TorZar » 24 Sep 2014, 00:26

/animal

spawned a boar at my feet... when attacked with practice sword, it crashed client and server... retesting..

edit 1:
second result the same, crashing server and client.. testing without spawned animal

edit 2:
restarting and tracking down a legit moose and killing produced NO crash... backing off this one as seems dangerous to server atm ..
Last edited by TorZar on 24 Sep 2014, 01:27, edited 2 times in total.

Return to General Discussion