Discussion: How do you want to live?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

He-man
Alpha Tester

Re: Discussion: How do you want to live?

Post by He-man » 19 Jan 2014, 13:08

I will let you all fight to have me, let the best one win xDD :Yahoo!:

telakh i agree with you. The hermits will be constantly attacked by clans and smalls guilds who focus on looting xD

En_Dotter

Post by En_Dotter » 19 Jan 2014, 16:01

Ill come with my cRPG clan here. We are experienced cRPG players and also Strategus players.

We are not sure if we are going to play the same role we did there, but im sure we are making an archer clan. By role i mean the big picture stuff. We used to be a merchant republic with absolute neutrality towards others. Was wonderful to play it.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 19 Jan 2014, 16:58

He-man wrote:I will let you all fight to have me, let the best one win xDD :Yahoo!:

telakh i agree with you. The hermits will be constantly attacked by clans and smalls guilds who focus on looting xD

You could still live a secluded life on a realms claimed land. Most likely you would pay a tax of whatever it is you craft out there but would be considered under there protection.

Feudalism in general makes it so smaller groups of people can do there own thing but still contribute and reap the benefits of bringing many players together. Benefits such as mutual defense.

Letholdus

Post by Letholdus » 23 Jan 2014, 07:04

I will find a honorable guild and be a minor/blacksmith/healer. I love playing a supporter role. I also love being a healer since I am a EMT in real life.

P0stpwned

Post by P0stpwned » 23 Jan 2014, 17:31

The wife and I will start up a little homestead and eventually allow others to join, beginning a little town that will hopefully eventually grow to a powerful kingdom. In the process we'll try to be friendly and pray nobody finds us.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 24 Jan 2014, 00:17

P0stpwned wrote:The wife and I will start up a little homestead and eventually allow others to join, beginning a little town that will hopefully eventually grow to a powerful kingdom. In the process we'll try to be friendly and pray nobody finds us.

Yer screwed. The type of players attracted to this game will mostly be blood thirsty killers who prey on the weak.

P0stpwned

Post by P0stpwned » 24 Jan 2014, 01:11

I suppose that depends on how big the map is then, lol.

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 24 Jan 2014, 04:41

The world will become owerpopulated pretty soon, and this feudal fiction supposes that you will either be feudal or vassal or peasant and there is no place for hermits or switzeland.
Proximo is right this time although the game has no permadeath and agression on hermits will result in new recruits for the opponents thus bringing us greater wars between factions. Although nothing prevents a strong faction to wipe out half of the continent, I am sure the devs will find a clue to fix such imballance.
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 24 Jan 2014, 08:15

There's nothing to say that there won't be areas of the gigantic map where you can build a personal claim and be left alone.

We have no information whatsoever on the realm claims except the explanation of the core feature.

You are assuming. Wait and come alpha we shall see.

Elysana
Alpha Tester

Post by Elysana » 25 Jan 2014, 06:44

If I could join a country or a kingdom early on, I would. I would like to contribute to the well-being of a community in a "traditionally feminine" way, as I would like to live as a "Lady" or a "Priestess".

I would focus on the "Witchcraft" tree, which composes Healing, Alchemy, Nature's Lore, etc. I still don't know what "Authority" does, but I am very much interested in "Piety".

I don't really think I'd raise combat skills much, unless it suits me.

Straya

Post by Straya » 28 Jan 2014, 13:50

become a merchant , and eventually set up a trade post on some land and pay taxe's if need be :D

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 29 Jan 2014, 17:25

I think i'll immediatly start making friends and build a civilization with them ! Like set up a camp, wait for more people, found a guild, claim land, build castle.. and so on.

JoeCold

Post by JoeCold » 29 Jan 2014, 22:01

I'll do what my Doge asks of me. At first, I'm sure that will be a lot of tedious resource gathering for the crafters. But, eventually, he will call upon my sword.

Ilegibally
Alpha Tester

Post by Ilegibally » 30 Jan 2014, 16:10

I think I will spend the first day I play wandering off into the wilderness, and the next, making my home from scratch. I might gather some friends to wander with me so that they don't have to find their way to it later.

Druss
Alpha Tester

Post by Druss » 09 Feb 2014, 06:51

I will attempt to create a small outpost in the mountains and mine/smith while gathering my friends to strengthen my community. If me and my friends are not strong enough on our own we will pledge fealty to a larger kingdom and trade with them and pledge our swords to battle for protection.

Vallras
Alpha Tester

Post by Vallras » 11 Feb 2014, 13:18

Crafter of a powerful faction, stay behind the safety of walls.

PrimusPalus
Alpha Tester

Post by PrimusPalus » 12 Feb 2014, 11:01

I have a unit/organization... we don't like that "clan" word (it is a 4 letter word after all). We will likely set up a section of the world to stake claim in. Somewhere we can have a village and eventually build up to a castle of sorts.

Our goal will be that of peace keepers and lawmen. AKA "The Good Guys". We wont want to be doing banditry and causing problems, but securing allies and alliances to better the lands.

For the Alpha testing portion of this, we'll be doing what we can to bug hunt and report them. The goal here is to improve upon the game, not "enjoy it" per se (at least not yet).

First thing I plan to do when I get in-game? Check out as much of the building components as I can and do me a bit of hunting. I really want this game to be Mount and Blade / War of the Roses but in MMO form. The building seems to me a LOT like Star Wars Galaxies was... and that excites me!
Captain J. Shields
Commanding Officer
24th Marine Expeditionary Unit

Mativs
Alpha Tester

Post by Mativs » 12 Feb 2014, 13:38

I will live "Feudal"! Cause Life Is Feudal!
:
House Calribal
"Virtvs Vnita Fortior"

Cloud
Alpha Tester

Post by Cloud » 12 Feb 2014, 14:28

If I ever turn to living alone, I will be a merchant, and all sorts. I will have a nice little cosy house near some woods of some sort, gather materials and sell on.

Pygoz
Alpha Tester

Post by Pygoz » 12 Feb 2014, 16:12

The start

We as GamerhouseEU will try to find each other and then look for a piece of land that we can live on with a nice view and of course some great resources around. We will then try to claim that piece of land.

Who does what?

After that we will need to divide the work we do among each other, one of us will need to learn how to do the wood cutting and the carpentry. One of us will need to learn how to take care of the animals we will keep. Someone else will learn how to mine and craft weapons, but he won't go alone learning how to mine because one will also need to learn to craft armor.

Building the houses

After we all picked our jobs we will start creating houses for us all. We will try to live close to each other and eventually form a small guild.

The exploration

Once that's all done we will start exploring the world together and see what's all out there. We will try to stay neutral, however if someone has something we really want we might take the consequences for it.

Marck

Post by Marck » 12 Feb 2014, 16:56

Join or create a faction and battle for their ideals.

In my freetime I will charge taxes for my Kingdom (j/k) :evil:

But I will really enjoy if a large group/guild create a "Kingdom" or "Empire" organization to play with.
"Knight of the Knights of Malta - Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of Saint John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta"

Tusak

Post by Tusak » 12 Feb 2014, 21:52

I will be a mighty tank warrior who only fights for farmers and the poor. Maybe I found a communist state. :)

Return to General Discussion