Faction identification using emblems

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Do you think this idea should be added?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 9

Tyler_Films

Faction identification using emblems

Post by Tyler_Films » 24 Sep 2014, 04:20

Identifying different groups seems to be a extremely important aspect of this game. Being able to determine the group of a person quickly can be decisive to determine if a engagement is necessary or to Know if you should avoid a certain area due to a rival or unknown faction. I suggest adding things like flag poles and flags to certain building To show a specific emblem of a faction.
Example: a flag on the top of a castle to show the owners
Another way emblems can be implemented is with color coating things and emblems on clothing. During the Medieval Ages knights would wear their family crest on their armor or put a sort of cape over their hoarse to identify themselves. A system like shod could also be implemented. How will emblems be made? With a emblem editor similar to the one on battlefield where specific shapes can be used to upload into the game from the website. Also a color scheme could be created while you are making the emblem, so your armor and things such as capes would be different colors from the enemy. How to avoid inappropriate emblems, with a staff approval system or a report system. Thank you for listening and I hope my ideas will be considers by the staff and added into the game
Last edited by Tyler_Films on 25 Sep 2014, 05:08, edited 1 time in total.

Brady_The

Re: Faction identification using emblems

Post by Brady_The » 24 Sep 2014, 06:33

That is what came immediately to my mind when I first read about the Guild/Faction feature. Options to personalize your own Guild with crests and colours schemes would totally add to immersion and could help to create a communal spirit/common identity.

Tyler_Films wrote:How will emblems be made? With a emblem editor similar to the one on battlefield where specific shapes can be used to upload into the game from the website.

That is the only point I disagree with. You mention the Battlelog Emblem editor, so I guess you know how awful it actually is. It doesn't really allow the creation of logos, not to mention complex crests. I have no idea, how to address this problem. Maybe by using the logo of a steam group or specifying a logo in the options (similar to the CS spray logo), etc.

I am pretty sure that abuse of the system would happen, but not in great numbers. I would consider this game pretty hardcore which will most likely attract hardcore (and thus mainly mature) players.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 24 Sep 2014, 08:29

I think it was confirmed that coat of arms will be introduced at some point.
But I think, that apart from that you should be able to tell friends from foes by looking at their characters, maybe with a symbol floating over their heads showing the guild's emblem.

Tyler_Films

Post by Tyler_Films » 25 Sep 2014, 05:06

Brady_The wrote:That is what came immediately to my mind when I first read about the Guild/Faction feature. Options to personalize your own Guild with crests and colours schemes would totally add to immersion and could help to create a communal spirit/common identity.

Tyler_Films wrote:How will emblems be made? With a emblem editor similar to the one on battlefield where specific shapes can be used to upload into the game from the website.

That is the only point I disagree with. You mention the Battlelog Emblem editor, so I guess you know how awful it actually is. It doesn't really allow the creation of logos, not to mention complex crests. I have no idea, how to address this problem. Maybe by using the logo of a steam group or specifying a logo in the options (similar to the CS spray logo), etc.

I am pretty sure that abuse of the system would happen, but not in great numbers. I would consider this game pretty hardcore which will most likely attract hardcore (and thus mainly mature) players.

I agree the system would have to be changed but the concept would be similar in where you make your own emblem

DennisOlsen

Post by DennisOlsen » 25 Sep 2014, 06:46

I think this should be implemented yes... having a coat of arm was as all of you know.. used by all Kings, Lords and so on, even clans had some kind of coat of arms.. so yes please make it possible :)

I think it could be cool to craft your own coat of arm, so it shows on heraldic, shields and flags and so on, but it doesnt have to be as much like BF4.. maybe like war of the roses.. ?? :)

i support this idea :)

Return to Suggestions and Ideas