fast commands

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

SaresITA89
Alpha Tester

fast commands

Post by SaresITA89 » 12 Oct 2014, 12:40

For every action of crafting you could put an icon, so that you can drag in the slotbar and click without opening the drop-down menu.

example: flatten ground, cut down, branch , etc..etc..

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Re: fast commands

Post by Hoshiqua » 12 Oct 2014, 16:10

You can set an action to be default by right clicking it in the context menu instead of left clicking. Then you only have to left click the tile for flatten ground for example, but it can be done with anything that has actions on it.

SaresITA89
Alpha Tester

Post by SaresITA89 » 12 Oct 2014, 19:59

Are you kidding me?

I am a carpenter.

1- I open the menu
2-inspected the tree
3- open the menu
4-I take the seeds
5- open the menu
6-Shot down the tree
7- open the menu
8-I remove the roots

yes, defoult action is the way...bitch please

all different actions.

Kivvi8

Post by Kivvi8 » 13 Oct 2014, 06:55

SaresITA89 wrote:Are you kidding me?

I am a carpenter.

1- I open the menu
2-inspected the tree
3- open the menu
4-I take the seeds
5- open the menu
6-Shot down the tree
7- open the menu
8-I remove the roots

all different actions.

Rage much? :D

SaresITA89
Alpha Tester

Post by SaresITA89 » 13 Oct 2014, 16:13

Kivvi8 wrote:
SaresITA89 wrote:Are you kidding me?

I am a carpenter.

1- I open the menu
2-inspected the tree
3- open the menu
4-I take the seeds
5- open the menu
6-Shot down the tree
7- open the menu
8-I remove the roots

all different actions.

Rage much? :D

nope, but a lot of boredom.

Shu

Post by Shu » 13 Oct 2014, 23:23

Nice example of what I was talking about in the UI thread that somewhere recently was up here.
It would be fine if going through the menus 10 times would yield a decent amount of stuff, but considering how often these steps need to be done, they become nothing but a most boring chore.
I agree that effort needs to be put into making things, or they will lose their (perceived) value. But not by putting us through menu-hell. If the UI becomes part of the difficulty, something is quite wrong with it.

I'd very much like to see improvements here. Having actions on ... tada! ... the actionbars would be one way to deal with it. It's not innovative, but has proven to be a solid method. But I'd take anything other than context menus, really.
(They are fine in itself, but making just about everything only accessible through them causes much clutter in them, and has resulted in an over usage, making playing feel "clunky" imho.)

SaresITA89
Alpha Tester

Post by SaresITA89 » 14 Oct 2014, 12:18

Shu wrote:Nice example of what I was talking about in the UI thread that somewhere recently was up here.
It would be fine if going through the menus 10 times would yield a decent amount of stuff, but considering how often these steps need to be done, they become nothing but a most boring chore.
I agree that effort needs to be put into making things, or they will lose their (perceived) value. But not by putting us through menu-hell. If the UI becomes part of the difficulty, something is quite wrong with it.

I'd very much like to see improvements here. Having actions on ... tada! ... the actionbars would be one way to deal with it. It's not innovative, but has proven to be a solid method. But I'd take anything other than context menus, really.
(They are fine in itself, but making just about everything only accessible through them causes much clutter in them, and has resulted in an over usage, making playing feel "clunky" imho.)

:beer:

Return to Suggestions and Ideas