Feudal Democracy (Poll)

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Feudal Democracy (Poll)

Post by Khan- » 17 Jan 2017, 16:43

Allez les gars, on vote et si vous n'avez pas compris : récap !

2 polls !
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 17 Jan 2017, 17:22

At the risk of creating more work for the devs who are already working on important tasks, I like the concept, but not the actual details. I marked Other with a short note about attacking a movable object toward a result of opening a container for the inventory inside. In general yes, weapons should be able to damage structures AND movable objects, but let me expand on that here.

Start with a container holding items with x durability points. At x/2, the container should become lootable. At 0 durability points the container is destroyed.

Doors/buildings should also have durability points, with the same vulnerability mechanic. At x/2 they can be opened by anyone. At 0 durability they are destroyed.

If destroyed, then those items within/attached to the movable object are dropped on the ground, not destroyed. Perhaps lower the quality of the items. This allows for outright destruction or looting, or a mixture of both.

It also allows for a future skill of 'lock picking' where a thief 'grants themselves' access to a container or building for a set amount of time.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Delcan
True Believer

Post by Delcan » 17 Jan 2017, 18:30

+1, to add to what Azzerhoden said, axes and maces should deal much more damage to movable objects than swords or spears.

Tholld

Post by Tholld » 18 Jan 2017, 08:49

Nice concept, BUT:

• Please do more important things first. There is much to do which is far more important than this idea.

• Let us have something like a NPC militia first which avoids nightly thefts. Otherwise LIF will become a thief game.

• Instead of milita (or in addition to it) let us build traps to protect the warehouses and carts. Once a trap is triggered, thief could get harmed (poisoned for example) or marked and get a huge Alignment loss.

Olivemanchester

Post by Olivemanchester » 18 Jan 2017, 10:05

+1, good idea!

I think it's important and agree with Azzerhoden

JTCrowder1
Beta Tester

Post by JTCrowder1 » 18 Jan 2017, 10:08

Tholld wrote:Nice concept, BUT:

• Please do more important things first. There is much to do which is far more important than this idea.

This.

Sleep

Post by Sleep » 19 Jan 2017, 23:33

This can actually solve the problem with improvised siege ladders. In a reality construction of lots of bark boxes, chairs, crates, etc. is very unstable and will collapse as soon as anyone tries to climb it. However in the game such a pile of junk is solid as rock and will never crash even when 10 people are jumping on top of it. And there's no viable option to ruin such "ladder" yet. And there should be an ability to flip over siege ladders when they'll be implemented.

Some_Jerk
True Believer

Post by Some_Jerk » 20 Jan 2017, 21:53

I think this would be a great feature which would add more realism to the game. completing current issues are more important, but if you can't get this feature in at release you could add it post release.

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 21 Jan 2017, 16:37

Fix your game before adding extra fluff . It runs at 20-30 fps on good gaming rigs or bad , the game falls to pieces with runtime error crashes that I've only ever seen in early access alpha games . This game is nothing but a desperate attempt to keep life is feudal in the public eye until they painstakingly push out the MMO that has been long promised even before the crappy server based version came out .

Olivemanchester

Post by Olivemanchester » 23 Jan 2017, 08:35

Blackberrygoo wrote:Fix your game before adding extra fluff . It runs at 20-30 fps on good gaming rigs or bad , the game falls to pieces with runtime error crashes that I've only ever seen in early access alpha games . This game is nothing but a desperate attempt to keep life is feudal in the public eye until they painstakingly push out the MMO that has been long promised even before the crappy server based version came out .

I'm sure they already have their own plan about it. Just a little patience and maybe new video card? :good:

Kedishka

Post by Kedishka » 23 Jan 2017, 18:14

Yes they should. Just down the line and say once the 64 bit is test / running on the MMO Beta Services plus other more key items are included.

Once implemented I think axes should be better at this than a sword but not as good as a proper siege weapon.

Losthorizon350
Beta Tester

Post by Losthorizon350 » 27 Jan 2017, 11:18

Wise feature. Finally we'll be able to get rid of that bloody ladders of bark boxes. :)

Nuke76

Post by Nuke76 » 30 Jan 2017, 12:30

:fool:

Seo

Post by Seo » 01 Apr 2017, 08:32

great idea, I am going to bookmark it

Return to General Discussion