Fix The Game or Give Us A Refund

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Velius

Re: Fix The Game or Give Us A Refund

Post by Velius » 20 Nov 2017, 23:17

NEeb0 wrote:
Where have they stated that? All I have read is that this is only 'open BETA' for support pack owners and LIF:YO owners (like me) and it was the last server wipe before the real release. This would be super bad release when the game is not even available on Steam currently. I think you have misunderstood the memo.

Actually, you seem to have misunderstood the memo. Everything done presently carries over to live. It's been said many times. This is essentially a soft launch. Powergame now because next week all hell is going to break loose.

Alexcolter
Devoted Believer

Post by Alexcolter » 21 Nov 2017, 00:49

Velius wrote:
NEeb0 wrote:
Where have they stated that? All I have read is that this is only 'open BETA' for support pack owners and LIF:YO owners (like me) and it was the last server wipe before the real release. This would be super bad release when the game is not even available on Steam currently. I think you have misunderstood the memo.

Actually, you seem to have misunderstood the memo. Everything done presently carries over to live. It's been said many times. This is essentially a soft launch. Powergame now because next week all hell is going to break loose.

Although it is considered a soft launch, it is also still in Open Beta indicating that there are fixes to be implemented. Also, despite no wipes occuring, a wipe has occured. It is still possible if another serious game breaking bug slipped through there could be a wipe.

I personally think anyone who is severly upset by the down time should examine the launch of any game or MMO. Most experience launch issues. If anyone purchased the game prior to launch, then they are submitting to the support the dev clause. It is childish to play take back when you feel like it. /imo

Uther
Beta Tester

Post by Uther » 21 Nov 2017, 00:56

Arrakis wrote:We understand that people are angry. Hell, none is more pissed off about those issues than us. But it's not easy to prepare for thousands of players to flood the servers. We were hoping for the best scenario, but something went wrong when we opened the gates. More players, more variables came into the equation and shit went off balance. But as stated here, we are aware of those issues and we are working towards resolving this nasty situation.

And naturally, we understand all those who do not wish to support us any longer. Not everyone has patience and hope, we get it. Development of Life is Feudal was and still is a rough road for us, but in the end, we'll get through it. and we can only hope that you (players) will decide to stick with us even though it's hard to keep faith seeing that it's far from smooth.

You've probably heard enough bitching and whatnot by now but I feel like I need to say this. You should have used this as a stress test, not a soft launch because a lot is bound to go wrong. Like the early access for founders packs for example...

Vai

Post by Vai » 21 Nov 2017, 02:13

Uther wrote:
Arrakis wrote:We understand that people are angry. Hell, none is more pissed off about those issues than us. But it's not easy to prepare for thousands of players to flood the servers. We were hoping for the best scenario, but something went wrong when we opened the gates. More players, more variables came into the equation and shit went off balance. But as stated here, we are aware of those issues and we are working towards resolving this nasty situation.

And naturally, we understand all those who do not wish to support us any longer. Not everyone has patience and hope, we get it. Development of Life is Feudal was and still is a rough road for us, but in the end, we'll get through it. and we can only hope that you (players) will decide to stick with us even though it's hard to keep faith seeing that it's far from smooth.

You've probably heard enough bitching and whatnot by now but I feel like I need to say this. You should have used this as a stress test, not a soft launch because a lot is bound to go wrong. Like the early access for founders packs for example...

I'm not sure they could have the players to perform the stress test if they weren't launching. If it was announced as a stress test, I'd suggest we'd only see a fraction of players trying to play.

Bandido
True Believer

Post by Bandido » 21 Nov 2017, 02:17

Vai wrote:
I'm not sure they could have the players to perform the stress test if they weren't launching. If it was announced as a stress test, I'd suggest we'd only see a fraction of players trying to play.

Naive. At bare minimum they had all the your own buyers they could have tested. They never invited them into beta though.

Yoshihito

Post by Yoshihito » 21 Nov 2017, 02:24

Azzerhoden wrote:Hey Iron - out of curiosity - are you a lawyer? Because if you are, I assume you can quote me passed cases in where gamers were able to sue a game company successfully for this type of issue?

BTW - Please read that with the highest level of sarcasm possible.

Interestingly enough, a dirty little secret of the video game world is that they get sued all the time. We don't hear about it because companies are willing to just pay them to go away. There are rare cases where if the person is stupid enough they'll fight it. But in the long run, it's easier to just give them their money back or pay a little extra to keep them quiet. This was admitted by someone high up in the industry so it's legit.

Vai

Post by Vai » 21 Nov 2017, 02:27

Bandido wrote:
Vai wrote:

Naive. At bare minimum they had all the your own buyers they could have tested. They never invited them into beta though.

So without the hype of launching they would have had the same numbers attempting to play. Gotcha. :good:

Bandido
True Believer

Post by Bandido » 21 Nov 2017, 02:30

Vai wrote:
Bandido wrote:
Vai wrote:

So without the hype of launching they would have had the same numbers attempting to play. Gotcha. :good:

My bad you are right. Why try to even have a stress test, that would have been a waste of time. Kids these days. And obvious it would not be the same amount but it would have been more than 1.1 k that downloaded the game over time during beta instead of like now all at once.

NEeb0

Post by NEeb0 » 21 Nov 2017, 07:17

Velius wrote:

You are correct on the part that this is part of their soft launch and regarding to their previous news all will be carried to the full release without any wipes. Even still, this is not a full release yet and we are still in the testing phase. It would be odd to have a proper launch of the game and have it available only to the support pack buyers and YO owners and have the game be unavailable on steam.

Eventhough I dont want to give the early access excuse (too many games abuse it) this clearly still is in a beta (atleast server stability wise) and hopefully we see improvements in the server and dispatcher stability soon.

Imo if the issues we are currently having means that the game on full release will be mostly lag and server issue free, please have all the issues now. I can wait a month or two to everything be ironed out.

Vai

Post by Vai » 21 Nov 2017, 14:29

Bandido wrote:
Vai wrote:
Bandido wrote:

My bad you are right. Why try to even have a stress test, that would have been a waste of time. Kids these days. And obvious it would not be the same amount but it would have been more than 1.1 k that downloaded the game over time during beta instead of like now all at once.

I'm not even sure what you are trying to say. The waves were an incremental stress test. You being naive or still a kid has nothing to do with it.

Bandido
True Believer

Post by Bandido » 21 Nov 2017, 15:18

Vai wrote:I'm not even sure what you are trying to say. The waves were an incremental stress test. You being naive or still a kid has nothing to do with it.

Apologize I will not take the time to explain it to you in a more simple way that you would be able to understand. Even though you just stated the problem yourself without realizing.
I like how you picked out naive and kids from my post to use in your own.

Kaskas
Zealous Believer

Post by Kaskas » 21 Nov 2017, 17:12

I've spent more time trying to get in game than I have in the game.

I bought two copies of the game through steam ages ago and later upgraded one of the steam accounts to Zealous Believer, left the other account as it was. I have this second account for when one of my friends or even my nephews pop round to play on my second PC.

Instead however, both steam accounts are now linked to my main Zealous Believer LIF account (I unwittingly assigned them the same email, as both steam accounts are also assigned to the same email).

So not only am I having to put up with all the issues everyone else is, but I also have to explain to my nephew why he can't play the digging game... (I had my own personal Terra-former and you've ruined it!).

In case that weren't enough, I have received none of the Zealous believer items at all, nor the compensation you guys mentioned we'd be getting for this most epic release.

What can I say... just another disgruntled customer I guess.

Emskinz
Beta Tester

Post by Emskinz » 21 Nov 2017, 18:45

I'll wait i have waited over a year and a half so i'll wait

just make sure that my waiting is not in vain.

Also the Eu servers are laggy as hell atm not just me got over ten in our group all having the same issue rubber banding all over the place and not able to open boxes e.g

Return to General Discussion