Is it answer to question: Why LiF didn`t get goal so fast?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

LightTab2

Is it answer to question: Why LiF didn`t get goal so fast?

Post by LightTab2 » 17 Apr 2014, 10:55

Kickstarter goal(Eur) = 200 000;
Alpha access(Amout of Eur) = 50;

A lot of games have nice trailer and are cheap, so peoples want to try games. All, who liked any game, will help developers in marketing.

LiF would not get the kickstarter goal so fast, if they won`t lower price, because noone will try game and recommend it to friends (noone will buy this game in most of poor countries.

I think they would not lower price, because they have a "bad" system of combat and want earn some cash for hire someone, who will help repair it, but it`s bad tactic.

NOTE: 50 euro is more than price of Battlefield 4/Arma III. For example Mortal Online is now f2p, because want to get more players, who will sub Mortal.

I think that creating demo of LiF (I mean LiF without multiplayer and small map) is a good point for marketing.

Touchmee
Alpha Tester

Re: Is it answer to question: Why LiF didn`t get goal so fas

Post by Touchmee » 17 Apr 2014, 11:31

This seems like a bait, so I'm gonna be a good fish and not bite

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 17 Apr 2014, 11:45

LightTab2 wrote:I think that creating demo of LiF (I mean LiF without multiplayer and small map) is a good point for marketing.

There will be a free to play island test area that people can use to try the game and get used to the mechanics and skills you use while playing the game.

Most games are cheap because they are shitty.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 17 Apr 2014, 11:49

Excactly, LiF will offer free 'demo' on that starter island when released, so anybody will be able to actually try the game before they decide to buy it. This is something that many B2P mmo's do not offer. :)

And bringing up the matter of the dead indiegogo campaign is pointless really, because LiF got greenlight on Steam and in couple months there will be early access open there.

So let's not talk about the "Why's" and "If's" but concentrate on the present matters. :)

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 17 Apr 2014, 12:55

LightTab2 wrote:Kickstarter goal(Eur) = 200 000;
Alpha access(Amout of Eur) = 50;

A lot of games have nice trailer and are cheap, so peoples want to try games. All, who liked any game, will help developers in marketing.

LiF would not get the kickstarter goal so fast, if they won`t lower price, because noone will try game and recommend it to friends (noone will buy this game in most of poor countries[in Poland average payment for normal job is 450 euro, so 50 eur is 11% precent + you must pay for things, which you need for life])

I think they would not lower price, because they have a "bad" system of combat and want earn some cash for hire someone, who will help repair it, but it`s bad tactic.

NOTE: 50 euro is more than price of Battlefield 4/Arma III. For example Mortal Online is now f2p, because want to get more players, who will sub Mortal.

I think that creating demo of LiF (I mean LiF without multiplayer and small map) is a good point for marketing.

Alpha hasn't even started and Bobik didn't sound as he wanted too many people in the game at this stage anyway.

Well, combat system isn't implemented yet so you're commenting on a provisional one. The way it's intended is very close to Mount&Blade which still has the best melee combat out there.

First, servers need to be stable. Then gameplay features need to be fixed and implemented.
Then is the time for a new trailer and crowd funding campaign.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 17 Apr 2014, 14:22

Touchmee wrote:This seems like a bait, so I'm gonna be a good fish and not bite

This :)

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 17 Apr 2014, 18:31

I am a long time sandbox player, and I have seen literally hundreds of indi-sandbox games come and go before they made it to the 2 year mark. And others that are still around but only because someone forgot the server will still on.

My biggest concern isn't the alpha athletic supporter price, but the fact he maybe biting off more than he can chew. I have seen this several times in the past 5 years. From Wurm Online, where Rolf is JUST now getting most of the things in game from 4 years ago, to-do list. Or Shores of Hazeron where Haxus is still working on it after 3 years, and it is still no where near 75% done.

Then there is the list of failed games, that promised big. Like Xsyon, Mortal Online, Starquest Online and even Roma Victor. All promised the moon and stars, and fell quite a bit short due to the amount of work it required versus the amount of manpower available to do the work.

Not trying to be hostile or mean, just being honest. I would love to see this game completed and come out with everything that he is promising but I am finding that in todays gaming environment that game is akin to a "perfect knight". It is just something we can all wish for but the goals are nearly impossible to achieve alone.

Cunk

Post by Cunk » 17 Apr 2014, 22:38

Hundreds of sandbox MMOs? Are/were there really that many? I suppose it might depend on a liberal definition of "sandbox".

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 18 Apr 2014, 05:40

Cunk wrote:Hundreds of sandbox MMOs? Are/were there really that many? I suppose it might depend on a liberal definition of "sandbox".

Yeah, I think by "literally" he means "not literally" ^^

LightTab2

Post by LightTab2 » 18 Apr 2014, 07:01

Sorry, I forgot about "Newbie Island". One more question: What affect on LiF release date?

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 18 Apr 2014, 09:39

LightTab2 wrote:Sorry, I forgot about "Newbie Island". One more question: What affect on LiF release date?

State of development.

Endryju

Post by Endryju » 20 Apr 2014, 10:13

i think LightTab2 i right. 50 euro is to high price for an alpha game. Especially when another medieval sandbox (GloriaVictis) alpha cost 10 euro and now one of most known sandbox DayZ Standalone cost 23 euro... You should do like Bohemia Interactive lower price for alpha to get more players and after that make it little higher. Unless you really don't want many people in Alpha tests...

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 20 Apr 2014, 10:35

Endryju wrote:i think LightTab2 i right. 50 euro is to high price for an alpha game. Especially when another medieval sandbox (GloriaVictis) alpha cost 10 euro and now one of most known sandbox DayZ Standalone cost 23 euro... You should do like Bohemia Interactive lower price for alpha to get more players and after that make it little higher. Unless you really don't want many people in Alpha tests...

GV is not a sandbox game, it has merely couple of sandbox elements, nothing more ;) And 10E pretty much covers features that game is offering. Also atm we don't have official alpha entry tickets, donations are volutary. And ye, we have pretty much a lot of testers already and their number is sufficient so we don't rush for them nor the money.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 20 Apr 2014, 12:26

GloriaVictis will be free2play so it would be strange if they'd charge 50€ for the alpha participation.
Aside from that it lacks quality and ambition for my taste. I wouldn't have paid 50€ for this one.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 20 Apr 2014, 14:39

Endryju wrote:i think LightTab2 i right. 50 euro is to high price for an alpha game. Especially when another medieval sandbox (GloriaVictis) alpha cost 10 euro and now one of most known sandbox DayZ Standalone cost 23 euro... You should do like Bohemia Interactive lower price for alpha to get more players and after that make it little higher. Unless you really don't want many people in Alpha tests...

After seeing the one pre-alpha video for GV, while it looks cool, it is not a sandbox. It is a themepark much like ESO, and WoW. Which is great for people who like those games but for me and I am sure several others here it is not. I could have a blast picking apart the pre-alpha videos I have found but I wont do it here.

LightTab2

Post by LightTab2 » 21 Apr 2014, 16:14

Well, I just wanted to say that this game won`t be so popular fast (important-poll-t632/#p5981 system is good, but be sure that many of peoples will forgot about LiF until you`ll release it). In my mind you can do alpha and demo. Alpha would stay for 50 eur and all who bought it would have all saved.

Demo - free (like "Newbie island") trail of game, which would be for example singleplayer and with caps of skills (60?) or limited playtime. Many of players, who liked demo would be fan of LiF and recommend it to friends, many of friends would buy alpha.

Lowering price of alpha or discounts/bundles should make the kickstarter goal easier to reach. Well you can also good market your game, but please do something or many of us will start playing another games and forgot about LiF.

(Sorry for my grammar, English isn`t my main language :sorry: )

Kossako
Alpha Tester

Post by Kossako » 21 Apr 2014, 20:02

LightTab2 wrote:Well, I just wanted to say that this game won`t be so popular fast (important-poll-t632/#p5981 system is good, but be sure that many of peoples will forgot about LiF until you`ll release it). In my mind you can do alpha and demo. Alpha would stay for 50 eur and all who bought it would have all saved.

Demo - free (like "Newbie island") trail of game, which would be for example singleplayer and with caps of skills (60?) or limited playtime. Many of players, who liked demo would be fan of LiF and recommend it to friends, many of friends would buy alpha.

Lowering price of alpha or discounts/bundles should make the kickstarter goal easier to reach. Well you can also good market your game, but please do something or many of us will start playing another games and forgot about LiF.

Thousands of alfa testers are not needed atm. Less ppl bug testing currently means less double/triple bug reporting. Maybe if servers will beup, most of major bugs will be fixed then they will lower price per alfa so more ppl can join. If you don't want to donate then don't and wait for release.
Skills and crafting information: lif-database-application-t1494

Build your first home for newbies guide: first-house-guide-to-new-players-t1432

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 21 Apr 2014, 20:09

LightTab2 wrote:Well, I just wanted to say that this game won`t be so popular fast (important-poll-t632/#p5981 system is good, but be sure that many of peoples will forgot about LiF until you`ll release it). In my mind you can do alpha and demo. Alpha would stay for 50 eur and all who bought it would have all saved.

All will come in time ;) When official closed alpha will start there will be more loud voices spreading the word about LiF (Mostly trough youtube videos), so we are not afraid about being popular, because that process takes some time.

Last year LiF was nothing more than a myth for many people, right now this game is becoming a well known title already, and what more - We have reached #2 on Steam Greenlight in couple of days, so really that's some acomplishment and a lot people know about this game already, many are waiting for it's release too.

There will be no demo, it is enough that we have no NDA and everybody is free to release for public gameplay videos, so people can see upclose how does it look like, how does game mechanics work etc. This speaks for the game, and this is also marketing.

So do not worry, when internet will be flooded with alpha gameplay videos (which has already started) people will keep observing us and waiting for release ;)

LightTab2

Post by LightTab2 » 22 Apr 2014, 09:14

Arrakis09 wrote:
All will come in time ;) When official closed alpha will start there will be more loud voices spreading the word about LiF (Mostly trough youtube videos), so we are not afraid about being popular, because that process takes some time.

Last year LiF was nothing more than a myth for many people, right now this game is becoming a well known title already, and what more - We have reached #2 on Steam Greenlight in couple of days, so really that's some acomplishment and a lot people know about this game already, many are waiting for it's release too.

There will be no demo, it is enough that we have no NDA and everybody is free to release for public gameplay videos, so people can see upclose how does it look like, how does game mechanics work etc. This speaks for the game, and this is also marketing.

So do not worry, when internet will be flooded with alpha gameplay videos (which has already started) people will keep observing us and waiting for release ;)

:good: But many of people waiting will start playing another games like Mortal Online. I hope that LiF would be epic (when released) and get fans back.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 22 Apr 2014, 11:42

LightTab2 wrote: :good: But many of people waiting will start playing another games like Mortal Online.

Hopefully they will. It'll feel much more pleasant for them when they finally move over to LiF ^^

Nocturne

Post by Nocturne » 22 Apr 2014, 12:25

Siegbert wrote:Well, combat system isn't implemented yet so you're commenting on a provisional one.

this

Return to General Discussion