Latest patch trees

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

ThorneRazeri
Beta Tester

Re: Latest patch trees

Post by ThorneRazeri » 21 Nov 2016, 18:15

Catall wrote:
ThorneRazeri wrote:Are you also holding your breath?

No, i have to place our Servers-Community Feedback here. It is not everyones life-task to insult others as it might be yours.

Not insulting - just asking the appropriate question when childish demands are made. You could have dealt with this yourself.

Halvdal

Post by Halvdal » 22 Nov 2016, 09:10

YO is almost dead. Some people from our community (38 people) stopped playing after the "clay" patch because this patch destroyed many big projects. The other 23 people stopped playing after the latest patch.

And the developer does not care....

It is now obvious that they are patching the game dead to force everyone to plays their MMO. But this plan will not work.

YO was a really good game with so much potential. :cry:

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 22 Nov 2016, 09:28

terraforming with dirt let you have +/- 4 level difference whiel clay was 6... isn't a good reason to leave.

but I agree, for YO, this tree growth is a little rough... for the MMO with its very very very slow progression, that's not a problem at all

maybe devs should add a trigger in the creation world to let people set their own speed tree growth, independant from the day/night cycle
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Catall
Devoted Believer

Post by Catall » 22 Nov 2016, 11:35

ThorneRazeri wrote:Not insulting - just asking the appropriate question when childish demands are made. You could have dealt with this yourself.

So you are saying, don't place your servers community feedback here if it does not fit to your personal opinion? Yes, that's the way how Feedback works. I absolutely support your point of view.

May i ask you in future belongings if our community-feedback is appropiate in your eyes?

Because of lack of moderation in here and of course to correct my Statement in regards of Mr. Hodens opinion:

Tree-Patch is perfect, just leave it as it is, no changes needed. Players love that patch, they are playing the shit out of the game right now!!!!!!1eleven I need to open another Server, so many want to play! Awesome!11!!!11 They are WATCHING TREES while they grow!!!11 ALL 19 Days Long!!!!11 Nature couldn't have done it better!!!!!

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 22 Nov 2016, 12:52

Halvdal wrote:It is now obvious that they are patching the game dead to force everyone to plays their MMO. But this plan will not work.

YO was a really good game with so much potential. :cry:

Actually YO is intended for very small part of the community. The most of us saw YO as time killer and training for the MMO till it comes out, not as a stand alone game. YO also servers as testserver where they apply the new changes they've just prepared for the MMO like the mentioned clay and forest changes which are both very good ones. Where they failed with the latest one is that they didn't consider the YO's server lifespan on 1-3 months and didn't add means to adjust the growing period and didn't share the GM command (they use in the MMO) to just spawn fully mature trees in the player's made forests 1 week after they've planted or so.

ThorneRazeri
Beta Tester

Post by ThorneRazeri » 22 Nov 2016, 15:14

Catall wrote:
ThorneRazeri wrote:Not insulting - just asking the appropriate question when childish demands are made. You could have dealt with this yourself.

So you are saying, don't place your servers community feedback here if it does not fit to your personal opinion? Yes, that's the way how Feedback works. I absolutely support your point of view.

May i ask you in future belongings if our community-feedback is appropiate in your eyes?

Because of lack of moderation in here and of course to correct my Statement in regards of Mr. Hodens opinion:

Tree-Patch is perfect, just leave it as it is, no changes needed. Players love that patch, they are playing the shit out of the game right now!!!!!!1eleven I need to open another Server, so many want to play! Awesome!11!!!11 They are WATCHING TREES while they grow!!!11 ALL 19 Days Long!!!!11 Nature couldn't have done it better!!!!!

I didn't say anything like that. I didn't say anything remotely close to that. Everything I said was referring to your demand. Being frustrated with the change is understandable. Watching a community you helped build fall apart is very frustrating. Making demands isn't going to solve the issues you are having.

Perhaps next time you will consider asking for help on these forums. It would certainly have a better chance of success.

Halvdal

Post by Halvdal » 23 Nov 2016, 08:25

Khan-Bjornsen wrote:terraforming with dirt let you have +/- 4 level difference whiel clay was 6... isn't a good reason to leave.

but I agree, for YO, this tree growth is a little rough... for the MMO with its very very very slow progression, that's not a problem at all

maybe devs should add a trigger in the creation world to let people set their own speed tree growth, independant from the day/night cycle

It is a good reason to leave because they can't finish there projects. So many people build up castles on the mountains and after this patch it was impossible to change anything. The people spend thousends of hours in this projects.

And tree growth...it takes too long. Actually we're shutting down 4(!) community servers.

Enough is enough.

Btw @Sharana: We all paid a full price for this game! So it IS a standalone for many people.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 23 Nov 2016, 11:03

Halvdal wrote:Btw @Sharana: We all paid a full price for this game! So it IS a standalone for many people.

More then 300 000 payed for LiF:YO. I'm sure there are enough who only cared about LiF:YO and some form of creativity without balance which was the case with the clay terraforming. Doesn't mean they aren't small part of this 300 000+ who own the game.

Styxwash
Zealous Believer

Post by Styxwash » 23 Nov 2016, 11:08

I agree that the slow tree growth isn't fitting for LIF:YO. The game needs a tree growth multiplier, no doubt.

Some people may be scared off by the slow tree growth, but population is still pretty stable.

Recently I've checked the in-game numbers on steam and they are actually higher than last month.

Dansk_viking

Post by Dansk_viking » 01 Dec 2016, 19:09

Now that the developers have given us a way to adjust the growth speed of trees (apart from the regular cycle growth time), I'm wondering if it can also be slowed down, say halfed like this:

<TreeAgingSpeed>0.5</TreeAgingSpeed>

Do decimal numbers work, and will doing this cause other issues?

Return to Feedback Section