Optimization help.

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Tazmian

Optimization help.

Post by Tazmian » 20 Sep 2014, 04:32

System Specs:
AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core processor (3.6GHz)
8 GB of RAM
1TB hard drive
GeForce GT 610

Even on the lowest settings, I get 10 or less FPS. Is there anything you guys know to help me so I can play this game? I spent 40 bucks on it and I would hope that I can be able to actually play this game.

Getherer
Alpha Tester

Re: Optimization help.

Post by Getherer » 20 Sep 2014, 04:42

Try to lower down distance views, tree and object details, that should drastically increase fps
"I was born original; thy shall not die a copy"

Tazmian

Post by Tazmian » 20 Sep 2014, 04:44

Getherer wrote:Try to lower down distance views, tree and object details, that should drastically increase fps

Like I said, everything is literally as low as it can go.

Getherer
Alpha Tester

Post by Getherer » 20 Sep 2014, 04:47

In that case check if your graphics drivers and directx is up to date, also try to connect to different servers to see if it occurs everywhere, at the moment game is at alpha stage and devs are working hard to fix all issues. So you even ran it on lowest resolution?

And I am assuming you are running it on Win7?

Tazmian

Post by Tazmian » 20 Sep 2014, 04:50

Getherer wrote:In that case check if your graphics drivers and directx is up to date, also try to connect to different servers to see if it occurs everywhere, at the moment game is at alpha stage and devs are working hard to fix all issues. So you even ran it on lowest resolution?

I just updated my graphics drivers, so I'm going to try again soon. And I play singleplayer because i'm not a big fan of people, but if you suggest multiplayer I will try. And yes I am running on Windows 7.

Getherer
Alpha Tester

Post by Getherer » 20 Sep 2014, 04:55

Tazmian wrote:
Getherer wrote:In that case check if your graphics drivers and directx is up to date, also try to connect to different servers to see if it occurs everywhere, at the moment game is at alpha stage and devs are working hard to fix all issues. So you even ran it on lowest resolution?

I just updated my graphics drivers, so I'm going to try again soon. And I play singleplayer because i'm not a big fan of people, but if you suggest multiplayer I will try. And yes I am running on Windows 7.

From what I know single server, as in create server in-game is not as stable and reliable as official servers. Devs soon will release the GM functions and tell us more about dedicated servers. Bear in mind LiF has been primarly made for online and multiplayer teamwork enjoyment, as one character in game on standard settings cannot master all skills available. Thats the beauty of the cooperation in game.

Either way good luck and if problems persist, keep us posted :beer:

Tazmian

Post by Tazmian » 20 Sep 2014, 05:07

Getherer wrote:
Tazmian wrote:

From what I know single server, as in create server in-game is not as stable and reliable as official servers. Devs soon will release the GM functions and tell us more about dedicated servers. Bear in mind LiF has been primarly made for online and multiplayer teamwork enjoyment, as one character in game on standard settings cannot master all skills available. Thats the beauty of the cooperation in game.

Either way good luck and if problems persist, keep us posted :beer:

Updated drives and still crappy FPS. All the settings are as low as they can go, I don't know what else to do about it.

Myrothas

Post by Myrothas » 20 Sep 2014, 11:01

Simply set Tree details to 1.
60 FPS.

Thank me later.

KeDeVi

Post by KeDeVi » 20 Sep 2014, 13:22

Let me go ahead and start by saying, welcome to an ALPHA of LiF.
Then I'll just go ahead and tell you, you aren't the only one with performance struggles. It's an early alpha game is not optimized for consumer pcs. I run an i7 8gb ram and a 4gb dedicated Gtx 680 and i can't put tree detail above 2 without a significant fps hit. This of course only happens when looking at forests. I also don't use any of the post effects because I don't feel they are completed yet. Oh and lighting quality is normal not high that has a huge hit too.

Tazmian

Post by Tazmian » 20 Sep 2014, 23:37

Myrothas wrote:Simply set Tree details to 1.
60 FPS.

Thank me later.

I can't thank you if it doesn't work.

Tazmian

Post by Tazmian » 20 Sep 2014, 23:38

KeDeVi wrote:Let me go ahead and start by saying, welcome to an ALPHA of LiF.
Then I'll just go ahead and tell you, you aren't the only one with performance struggles. It's an early alpha game is not optimized for consumer pcs. I run an i7 8gb ram and a 4gb dedicated Gtx 680 and i can't put tree detail above 2 without a significant fps hit. This of course only happens when looking at forests. I also don't use any of the post effects because I don't feel they are completed yet. Oh and lighting quality is normal not high that has a huge hit too.

Everything is set to low settings. But, I just ordered a GTX 750 Ti graphics card, so hopefully it'll do something to improve playability for this game.

Return to Feedback Section