First Experience Playing

A place for alpha & beta testers to show off their screenshots, videos and streams from the Closed Beta

Froggie
Alpha Tester

First Experience Playing

Post by Froggie » 17 Jul 2014, 23:09

Hi there community, I'd just like to post this teaser to anyone thinking of buying the game:

My first experience testing/playing the game [17/07/14] has been very fun learning how to use the mechanics and tools. I created my first Character and met up with 2 players in the beginners city who were very friendly. We took a stroll outside of the beautiful starting city, thinking it would be nice to go and explore the map and surrounding scenery. Also, running through the city was this very annoying Knight dressed in chainmail armour, wielded a great sword and travelling by the name of 'LiF Player' who in his grand wisdom decided to ruin my new peasant rags with a swift unprovoked stab to the chest...
:lol: Bobik?! :lol:
So after this trauma, onwards through the map we travelled, towards our new destination 'Server 23 zone' which alone took us ~30 mins to navigate to, not to complain because the views were spectacular and we were now close to the Lake, 2 Forests, Mountains & Desert. We soon figured out how to get 'BASIC' tools, resources, food and mess the sandbox terrain up.
Here you can see our nicely elevated position with the forest on one side and mountain views to the other. Carrying 4 tools as commanded by the Bands peasant overlord. We had a Builder (me), a stone/ore gatherer, and a food/wood supplier. My main achievements other than skill progression/learning are the beginnings of a wooden/stone fortification as you can see here. It isn't much yet, but with the fire burning at night - we had the start of something special. A sustainable community with a dream of starting a township...
:beer:

If you want a REAL experience, [EDIT] donate for early access now.
My question to those veterans who already did: Does terraforming become easier? I found it very challenging to get several squares of land to stay simultaneously flat.

-= Froggie =-
Last edited by Froggie on 19 Jul 2014, 07:50, edited 1 time in total.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: First Experience Playing

Post by Siegbert » 18 Jul 2014, 07:55

Buy? You can only donate and will be granted alpha access in exchange.

EmyLightsaber
Alpha Tester

Post by EmyLightsaber » 18 Jul 2014, 08:09

In my experience, terraforming Does become easier.

There's a little trick to doing so:

Start by flattening just One Tile. Just One.
Next, stand directly on that Tile. Look at each side of the Square Tile you're standing in, and From That Tile, Flatten each of the tiles around it, North, East, South, and West.

Once you've done this, you can checkerboard it as much as you need to terraform for building size.

i.e., Checkerboard, do the first one, then the one on each side, then the one on each one of those sides, until you have however much you needed flattened.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 18 Jul 2014, 09:32

https://lifeisfeudal.com/billing/tutorials.php#basic-12

watching that tutorial might help too ;)

Kossako
Alpha Tester

Post by Kossako » 18 Jul 2014, 10:17

EmyLightsaber wrote:In my experience, terraforming Does become easier.

There's a little trick to doing so:

Start by flattening just One Tile. Just One.
Next, stand directly on that Tile. Look at each side of the Square Tile you're standing in, and From That Tile, Flatten each of the tiles around it, North, East, South, and West.

Once you've done this, you can checkerboard it as much as you need to terraform for building size.

i.e., Checkerboard, do the first one, then the one on each side, then the one on each one of those sides, until you have however much you needed flattened.

A tip to add:

after flattering first square start flattering square that is higher (you will get 30 soil/sand etc) and when your inventory is full start flattering square that is lower (you need 30 soil/sand for that operation). While flattering like that you don't need to pour surplus of mats in some other place or get required mats from other place.
Skills and crafting information: lif-database-application-t1494

Build your first home for newbies guide: first-house-guide-to-new-players-t1432

Xpd
Alpha Tester

Post by Xpd » 18 Jul 2014, 15:50

How dare you reveal our secret location?!

Seeker
Alpha Tester

Post by Seeker » 19 Jul 2014, 04:35

oh the innocence of a newbie.. we will have to punish him for that. Let me check with the guidelines for that..... 24 hours in the iron mines with no light, food and communication on team speak. :evil:
black-company-t1439/ Recruiting young mongrels, misfits and noobs since 2014) 'One day we will find our homeland!'

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/blackc ... 9431228985

Froggie
Alpha Tester

Post by Froggie » 19 Jul 2014, 07:49

Seeker wrote:oh the innocence of a newbie.. we will have to punish him for that. Let me check with the guidelines for that..... 24 hours in the iron mines with no light, food and communication on team speak. :evil:

Lol, Do the servers not get wiped anyway? :P

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 20 Jul 2014, 01:29

Nope. But you're lucky, Bobik will be waiting for you to come out of the mine before implementing cave-ins :DD

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 26 Jul 2014, 04:26

Nobodies going to locate you from that screen shot the world is way too massive.

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 26 Jul 2014, 15:13

Proximo wrote:Nobodies going to locate you from that screen shot the world is way too massive.

The massive volcano might be a clue :D

Xpd
Alpha Tester

Post by Xpd » 01 Aug 2014, 14:30

Froggie wrote:So after this trauma, onwards through the map we travelled, towards our new destination 'Server 23 zone' which alone took us ~30 mins to navigate to, not to complain because the views were spectacular and we were now close to the Lake, 2 Forests, Mountains & Desert.
-= Froggie =-

Or maybe this helps?

Seeker
Alpha Tester

Post by Seeker » 02 Aug 2014, 06:29

this guy was a total spy! haha luckily its only alpha
black-company-t1439/ Recruiting young mongrels, misfits and noobs since 2014) 'One day we will find our homeland!'

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/blackc ... 9431228985

Zenithar

Post by Zenithar » 26 Aug 2014, 21:13

Interesting Screenshot. :) Thanks for sharing your experience with me. Seems fun.
Role-play Fanatic, and Founder of Area-Alpha Gaming.

Return to Beta Leaks