The problem of looking down...

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

The problem of looking down...

Post by Siegbert » 04 Sep 2014, 21:39

I'm not sure if your character being able to look up and down (meaning the model bending its upper body) is really such a good idea.

Already we see that when playing in 3rd person most players' characters are looking at the ground when in actuality this is not the case.

I just played some rounds Mount&Blade and I noticed that when in the heat of combat I'm watching from a pretty big angle down in order to see exactly what my opponents are doing. Now in M&B there is no character bending... you will alway look straight ahead.

With the same play style in LiF my character would seem as if he lost his car keys...

What's the solution?

Either remove the up and down bending completely or adjust the angle in a way that you're still looking straight ahead while seeing your character from above...

I think immersion is a pretty big factor in a game like this so I don't want to be reminded that there's another player behind my enemy who plays in 3rd person each time I'm encountering someone in battle.

What do you think?

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Re: The problem of looking down...

Post by Jezbelle » 04 Sep 2014, 23:15

+1

Seeing other people looking down has always bothered me immensely. I hope they change this.

Terminus_Zaire
Alpha Tester

Post by Terminus_Zaire » 05 Sep 2014, 03:58

For first person view, being able to bend at the waste is extremely important and makes harvesting/interacting with the world much more immersive for third parties.

However, the moment you enter a combat stance, the internal mechanics should make you look directly at the individual you have targeted with your reticle.

I say look at the person you are targeting, because there are some circumstances when our enemy may be directly below us, and looking straight down is a valid option (think of inside keeps, on the stairs).

Basically whatever you do, don't disable it completely.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 05 Sep 2014, 05:44

Chivalry also has you character bends up and down yet the problem hasn't occured to me though I'm usually playing in 3rd person.

Tantal
Alpha Tester

Post by Tantal » 05 Sep 2014, 11:18

I realized it when I watched Baelgors first video of the Movie making. My Char still bends down, although I tried to avoid it to make the video look better.

Looking down is usually more a movement of the head than the body. I hope they can improve it a little.

Terminus_Zaire
Alpha Tester

Post by Terminus_Zaire » 07 Sep 2014, 04:48

Tantal wrote:Looking down is usually more a movement of the head than the body. I hope they can improve it a little.

Maybe that's the trick then.

Unless players are literally targeting below a 30 degree angle (like 0.5m in front of you), your body shouldn't move at all.

Baronandy

Post by Baronandy » 13 Sep 2014, 14:02

sure it looks wired but its an important mechanic at least in chivalery to duck under a swing which is aimed to the head to cut his head afterwards off .

or that you can jump over a swing which is aimed to the lags

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llnRxtazljg

1 min 13 .

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 13 Sep 2014, 14:20

I know. I used to do it as well and the noobs never got it :D

I don't think this will be possible in LiF

Return to Suggestions and Ideas