Land Claim Microtransactions?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Crusader316

Land Claim Microtransactions?

Post by Crusader316 » 17 Sep 2014, 21:19

Hi all,

So I was listening to a recent Q&A stream-(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzcA5UwECH8) and at 1:05:05 Bobik get asked a question about land claims. As I understand Bobik's answer you can claim 400m^2 for your personal land claim but THEN you can pay real life money each month to get a personal land claim of up to 1000m^2.

I have not heard of this before and I really don't like it. Assuming I have understood things correctly, this is essentially a microtransaction. I am against microtransactions on principle and I was under the impression that LiF would only have cosmetic microtransactions but apparently that has changed? What gives? :Search:

Personally I am prepared to pay a higher price or even a monthly subscription fee as long as I get a full game where everyone plays on the same level. Cosmetic items are fine by me but this... you're really pushing it..

Artaus
Beta Tester

Re: Land Claim Microtransactions?

Post by Artaus » 17 Sep 2014, 22:48

I don't believe so. Basically there is a micro transaction that was talked about, renting houses or big buildings in the central city with premium currency, it's possible that he was referring to that.

I've not heard of any micro transactions to increase any caps the game has.

Jeorg
Alpha Tester

Post by Jeorg » 18 Sep 2014, 00:07

hiya,
As far as Iam aware its still you may only acquire a purchased land claim which is actually more like renting a room or shack in the Central City of Newbie Isle.
In LiF: MMO your claim is not so large as an individual out in the world, forgive me, I am forgetting the numbers right now, but they don't involve payment. Everyone can essentially claim a home plot, then these can grow as the locale grows.
No, unless I missed a big discussion somewhere, no change on the micro's.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 18 Sep 2014, 10:03

These are current plans. And bigger personal land claim does not provide you with any PvP bonus at all - it just gives you more land to make a better looking place to live.

But anyway, we're all in LiF:YO ATM and everything might change 1000 times till we reach LiF:MMO actual release and open of in game shop.

Mortimer

Post by Mortimer » 18 Sep 2014, 10:29

So you're saying there is going to be a microtransaction for a bigger claim then? As of right now?

Sure, everything can change but if your approach is that you want it in, then there's a good chance you will get it in one way or another.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 18 Sep 2014, 10:47

Mortimer wrote:So you're saying there is going to be a microtransaction for a bigger claim then? As of right now?

Sure, everything can change but if your approach is that you want it in, then there's a good chance you will get it in one way or another.

Yes, for a bigger PERSONAL claim. Guild claims/monuments will not be affected by shop in any way.

Mortimer

Post by Mortimer » 18 Sep 2014, 12:15

Hey Bobik, so just to clarify as I can't find much info on it, guild claims can be sieged in the mmo, what about personal ones? I know that the country's leaders can evict people from claims, but otherwise can someone scare you away from your own claim and take the land over?

The question is of course in relation to the bigger personal claim, I wonder if it's invulnerable for the most part.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 18 Sep 2014, 14:57

Nope, only guild leader that have his guild claim over your personal claim can evict you. Other personal claims can not affect your claim in any way. And no one else can affect your claim and your stuff on it.

BUT that might be not true, IF your guild is in war with another guild and they're raiding your guild territories. But we will make some kind of time limitations for that action, so these raids will be in time, when your guild can provide a defence to you, if they can ;) If they can not, sorry, life IS feudal :)

Kossako
Alpha Tester

Post by Kossako » 18 Sep 2014, 16:05

Bobik wrote:Nope, only guild leader that have his guild claim over your personal claim can evict you. Other personal claims can not affect your claim in any way. And no one else can affect your claim and your stuff on it.

BUT that might be not true, IF your guild is in war with another guild and they're raiding your guild territories. But we will make some kind of time limitations for that action, so these raids will be in time, when your guild can provide a defence to you, if they can ;) If they can not, sorry, life IS feudal :)

Authority skill rise with time.
How borders will be calculated when mine and mine neighbors claim area will be rising?

What about claim border when I decide to buy claim expansion?
Skills and crafting information: lif-database-application-t1494

Build your first home for newbies guide: first-house-guide-to-new-players-t1432

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 18 Sep 2014, 17:52

You can expand your borders manually, every day if you have enough Authority for that expansion. While expanding borders, though, neighboring claims will be taken into account, aka 2 claims must have at least 2 unclaimed terrain cells between them.

So yes, in theory you can be boxed between your neighbors without free space to grow your claim, no matter how high is your Authority. Then it will be a good time to start intrigues in your guild in order to remove your neighbor and his claim ;)

Cetian

Post by Cetian » 21 Sep 2014, 19:20

Microstransactions for larger personal land claims sounds like a bad idea. It's really pushing it as far as being "cosmetical". I hope it won't get in.

Return to General Discussion