Features in short:
Edit: The following list is rather outdated, check the change logs for a lot more exciting features and fixes!
- One character per account restriction! No more abusing alts to avoid alignment penalties.
- 48 hour claim time instead of 24.
- Keeps can now be used as Homes and be Claimed. Crafting stations with doors can now be Claimed as well!
- Huge skill lines reconfiguration, especially combat skills. Character creation skills adjusted accordingly.
- Logical recipe requirements (especially flux, flax, linen, lamps, steel requirements). Replaced Wool and Tusk requirements with Linen Cloth and Horn respectively (Temporarily). High tier Padded Armours and dull bolts are now accessible.
- Complete weapons rebalance, with the new combat skill lines in mind. No more overpowered Pitchforks! The deeper you level in a skill line the more useful the corresponding equipment.
- Heavy armour rebalance, bigger difference between armour types weaknesses and strengths.
- Better container capacity! Bigger small warehouse, better chests/crates/barrels/carts/wheelbarrows. Somewhat reduced inventory of tombstones and animal corpses. Barrels can be filled with Ores/Rock/Soils and carried!
- Outfits are available for crafting under Tailoring!
- Some skill action times and experience gain adjustments (farming, skinning, Coop actions).
- Somewhat extended log out time to make combat logging more risky.
- Usable Cooking recipes at level 0 are now present.
How to join
Download the attached client-side files. It has to be extracted in your game folder, which is usually located at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Life is Feudal Your Own
Don't try to play with these files on regular servers, and don't try to play without these files on Life is Balanced servers! I advice making a backup of either your entire Life is Feudal folder or manually backing up the vanilla files that are being overwritten.
After extracting the archive into your game folder, look for the following server:
[MOD] Life is Balanced vX.Y (Visit LiF forum for access)
The password is:
Or, from the main menu press ~ to open the console and enter this:
I'll see you ingame!
Concerning version numbering:
First number is the client-side version, second number the server-side version, i.e:
As a player, you don't need to redownload anything for server-side-only updates. I list such updates anyway to inform you all.
- 0.2.7.1 compatibility.
- 0.2.6.0 compatibility.
- 0.2.5.1 compatibility.
- Increased day cycle to 24 hours to give people time to empty their dropped bags before the decay system deletes it.
- Cooking changes of official patch ignored, Cooking already works as I intended in LiB.
- 0.2.4.2 compatibility.
- Minor weapon tweaks.
- Dull Arrow recipe fixed.
- Paved roads can now be flattened and be build upon. This is desirable for gatehouses for example, now roads can actually continue through them.
- Arrows and bolts don't float anymore, they are now affected by gravity and will fly in proper arcs.
- Thorough combat rebalance! Armours, melee weapons, ranged weapons and arrows have all been re-adjusted, with both realism and gameplay in mind.
- Damage is noticably higher overall, for more dangerous, more realistic and higher-stakes combat. This will make fleeing or combat logging harder, and makes armour more useful.
- Weapons and armour types become considerably better further down the skill lines, making specialisation more rewarding. Being a hybrid of all was the way to go before, not so much anymore. You'll really want the equipment of those later or even last Skills in the lines, but you'll have to make choices!
- Thrusting damage is now higher, especially for specialised thrusting weapons like Polearms. When thrusting it is a lot harder to get comparable speed bonuses to swinging, which made thrusting underpowered.
- Blunt damage is now the main weakness of top tier armours.
- The speed of projectiles has been lessened somewhat to reduce the chance of them going through characters without doing any damage. Arrow damage has been increased to compensate for the speed bonus loss.
- Royal armour is now better than Veteran armour.
- 0.2.3.1 compatility update.
- Keep Claim timers fixed.
- Made a mistake packaging the new files, now the uploaded archive contains all the correct files. Apologies.
- Crossbow bug/exploit fixed! Now you first have to load your crossbow after drawing it.
- Ranged weaponry rebalance: Str/Agi requirements, speed, damage, weights, friction.
- Arrows, bolts, saws can now be carried on the hips as well.
- Weapon weight rebalance.
- Chests now have 24 hour claim time after putting it down. Barrels and tree logs have no timers anymore.
- Woodcutting time increased, uprooting time decreased.
- Arbalest now requires 3 Steel Bars instead of 1 Metal Band.
- Dull Arrows now cost Horn instead of Metal Band, for Dull Bolt consistency.
- Server rules added to in-game welcome message.
- Skills descriptions somewhat updated and clarified.
- Monk's Outfit is now somewhat heavier to match the other outfits.
- Official patch 0.2.2.0 compatability update.
- Engineer's Outfit skill requirement has been changed to Construction.
- 24 hour claim time increased to 48 hours.
- Keeps can now be set as homes. The Wooden Keep, Small Keep, Keep, and Large Keep now respecively have 10, 20, 30, and 40 home slots available.
- Keeps and crafting stations with doors in them are now claimable as well.
- Pounce force reduced to prevent "super jump" exploit.
- Swimming speed about halved.
- Doubled Hank of Linen yield.
- Bug fixes of earlier Silk and Cooking changes.
- Fixed a stupid typo that broke the GUI. Thanks to King of Hell for spotting it.
- Outfits (casual clothes) are now available for crafting under Tailoring! Cheaper than advertised on the Wiki!
- Two Cooking recipes have been moved to level 0 to re-allow Cooking XP gain since official patch 0.2.1.0.
- Barrels can now be used for storing and transporting Rocks/Ores/Soil. For real this time.
- Snare Trap Grass Fiber cost halved.
- More temporary Wool ingredient replacements, either with Linen or Silk, both Cloth and Hanks.
- Cheaper higher level Padded Armours.
- Moved "Use Bellows" again, this time to General Actions.
- Some small fixes to earlier changes.
Old version numbering used from here
-Reroll of Barrel changes due to unforeseen effects.
- Made Barrels inmovable so they can be used as storage for Ores/Rocks/Clay/Soils.
- Skinning and Harvesting duration adjustments.
- Moved Mallet to Craft on knifes.
- Bone Glue creation to Animal Lore, no more progression blockade due to terribly slow Coops.
- Mallet creation to Primitive Tools. Should be possible to level Construction now without spamming fences.
- Use Bellows ability skill requirement removed. You can finally properly use the Kiln without requiring Smelting.
- Initial release