Diseases

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!
Drakotar

Diseases

Post by Drakotar » 23 Sep 2014, 22:07

We all know about the plague and the awful hygiene of the medieval era and the ways people combat it. Heres a few ideas.

• If a user is close to animals more, for example a farmer, he or she is more likely to catch a disease.
  • Diseases spread in towns and cities more, and are more likely to spread in lower tier huts, rather than clean houses.
  • Some ideas for symptoms could be:

• Low stamina
    • Blurred vision
    • Vomiting & dehydration
    • Rare circumstances, slow inevitable death
  • Alchemy could help users with diseases. Charging them for remedies and for severe diseases, rare herbs would be needed to cure them.
  • Cities/towns would have to banish people with diseases or cart dead bodies outside to keep their cities/towns clear and safe.
  • Dead plagued bodies possibly used for warfare in the future?

Just some thoughts, obviously this is mid-end game kind of updates. It would definitely add a new, interesting mechanic to the game and give the alchemists another cause. What do you guys think? :D

SpitFir3Tornado

Re: Diseases

Post by SpitFir3Tornado » 05 Oct 2014, 03:45

Really good idea, hope this is implemented.

Drakotar

Post by Drakotar » 05 Oct 2014, 23:25

SpitFir3Tornado wrote:Really good idea, hope this is implemented.

Thanks :D It would be very interesting to see if players would help or just simply banish other players that had diseases.

Murmasa

Post by Murmasa » 05 Oct 2014, 23:45

+1 please add.

MaxB

Post by MaxB » 06 Oct 2014, 01:09

I'd rather not have this due to newbie players being clueless on what to do considering 1) The learning curve to LiF:YO is VERY steep, 2) I think the devs have a more important list to go through at the moment such as adding already pre-planned features that haven't already been added and 3) It seems a bit cliche for me. All I'm saying is not everyone in medieval times would have a disease just because they didn't have modern medicine, obviously there would've been a massive amount of diseased populants in the era compared to modern times but I don't think it'd be in EVERY city, etc.

Drakotar

Post by Drakotar » 06 Oct 2014, 13:38

MaxB wrote:I'd rather not have this due to newbie players being clueless on what to do considering 1) The learning curve to LiF:YO is VERY steep, 2) I think the devs have a more important list to go through at the moment such as adding already pre-planned features that haven't already been added and 3) It seems a bit cliche for me. All I'm saying is not everyone in medieval times would have a disease just because they didn't have modern medicine, obviously there would've been a massive amount of diseased populants in the era compared to modern times but I don't think it'd be in EVERY city, etc.

I fully understand the devs are busy and in no way am I implying this should be added asap. Id rather have the bugs fixed too :D . I understand the newbie scenario but they way I see it is more experienced players could either help or see what diseases they had, an example being the plague or "black death", players with the disease would have lower stamina and large black spots on their skin and they would cough frequently. The player screen where you see your condition could show these spots on the skin and maybe your condition. Eventually players would learn. I dont want to see a server wide extinction because of a plague (even though it could happen) but disease would be rare unless it was spread. Remember the plague wiped out 75 to 200 million people in europe in medieval times so its was possible for a large population to be infected.

Easterlake

Post by Easterlake » 07 Oct 2014, 09:49

:beer: Thats why every larger town needs a sewer, aqueduct or water station to prevent diseases from happening.
I would like to see more civilization variation in the game, between architecture and way of playing.

Tymefor

Post by Tymefor » 15 Oct 2014, 01:19

Bit unrealistic that this will ever happen. As stated curve is to high for new players. But I really like the idea.

Could possibly be tied to the proximity of home to a Keep. In that only more advanced players are going to have a home close to a keep. So any settlement that actually had advanced to keep level would surely have a healer on hand by that stage :)

Return to Suggestions and Ideas