Kidnapping and ransom...

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

BjronCrackhammer

Kidnapping and ransom...

Post by BjronCrackhammer » 18 Jul 2014, 17:53

I'd like the ability to move players who are unconscious and to have a way to disable peoples return home ability, because a group of 8 "bandits" who take captives and who also make "serfs" sounds funny and realistic.
Remember being good is really boring with no bad.

Wigster600

Re: Kidnapping and ransom...

Post by Wigster600 » 18 Jul 2014, 18:53

+1

Better get me some slaves for the plantations... or a concentration camp... :twisted:

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 18 Jul 2014, 18:55

Well, I believe you can interrupt praying by hitting them :D

I'm all for carrying unconcious people around for some time.

LoneTophat
Alpha Tester

Post by LoneTophat » 18 Jul 2014, 21:58

There may have been light talk of peasants being enslaved to terraform our guild's land... :P

Devilize
Alpha Tester

Post by Devilize » 19 Jul 2014, 14:17

I played age of wushu which is a very fun game in its own right and there is a fun kidnapping mechanic in that game.

When you log out your character may stay in the game and earn you money by taking on a job In place of an npc. However other players can kidnap you and attempt to sell you to a fence.

This plays out like reverse capture the flag. The moment you attempt to capture someone you are flagged and anyone can attack you to either save or capture them for themselves.

Ive had some very fun chases as a result of the mechanic.

I would love to see mechanics like this in LiF along with a prison and jury system.
The most amazing signature you could ever see is located here but in UV.

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 19 Jul 2014, 21:32

Kidnapping/enslavement just has no place in this game. In theory it may be great, but there's really no reasonable way to force a hostile player (even with a game mechanic) to do exactly what you want. This is strictly RP.

Wigster600

Post by Wigster600 » 19 Jul 2014, 22:39

Jezbelle wrote:-1

Kidnapping/enslavement just has no place in this game. In theory it may be great, but there's really no reasonable way to force a hostile player (even with a game mechanic) to do exactly what you want. This is strictly RP.

Perhaps, "do this work and you get food" If food is vital to staying alive in this.

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 19 Jul 2014, 23:05

Wigster600 wrote:Perhaps, "do this work and you get food" If food is vital to staying alive in this.

You are still not solving the critical issue that I mentioned...

BjronCrackhammer

Post by BjronCrackhammer » 20 Jul 2014, 05:34

We'll not killing you and causing you to lose a massive amount of skills sounds like good incentive to the now naked man to listen to the armored one with a sword... Plus it would be a matter of your here for this long at which point we release

BjronCrackhammer

Post by BjronCrackhammer » 20 Jul 2014, 05:35

Think forced indentured servant

Killjoyous20

Post by Killjoyous20 » 21 Jul 2014, 04:35

Enslave PKers, they either work, or lose a ton of skills. Also you see it's not evil to enslave PKers with the threat of killing them..... kinda...
Threaten to break their legs and force them into a duel against another player with broken legs and you have your "Good Samaritan award"

as you watch them frantically fight for their lives. :evil:

Honzadr

Post by Honzadr » 21 Jul 2014, 06:36

problem is that they can run away or log out

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 21 Jul 2014, 06:55

Honzadr wrote:problem is that they can run away or log out

They could try to run but the captors would be faster with their horses. As for logging out: I'm still advocating for your body remaining in the game to prevent that.

Baelgor
Alpha Tester

Post by Baelgor » 21 Jul 2014, 07:51

Siegbert wrote:As for logging out: I'm still advocating for your body remaining in the game to prevent that.

+1
But you should be safe in your own claim ;) Otherwise there will be a big slavery problem : with sleeping ppl :D Imagine you got to bed in the northern areas and wake up in the deserts as a slave for some rich karavan dude :ROFL:

LoneTophat
Alpha Tester

Post by LoneTophat » 21 Jul 2014, 08:51

For the roleplay concerns, it seems to be a primary point of the game, whether the individual decides to take part or not. The idea of "intrigue, politics, nation building" as advertised by Bobikik seems pretty clear, as well as the push for a complex religious system, including a Pope and Cardinals. (This is from the recent interview).

BjronCrackhammer

Post by BjronCrackhammer » 23 Jul 2014, 03:08

Shrugs I like the idea of kidnapping your leader and having a massive siege for him back, only to find me sitting in the throne room, look up and say "to bad... All the lives wasted" "he's in another castle" "it's bigger then this one, and has a lava moat"

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

Post by Lukepop » 23 Jul 2014, 07:20

BjronCrackhammer wrote:Shrugs I like the idea of kidnapping your leader and having a massive siege for him back, only to find me sitting in the throne room, look up and say "to bad... All the lives wasted" "he's in another castle" "it's bigger then this one, and has a lava moat"

Lololololololololololololol ( :ROFL: )
Link to Tirmani thread:
the-duchy-of-tirmani-t1291/

CrazyCheater
Alpha Tester

Post by CrazyCheater » 23 Jul 2014, 08:27

+1 would really like smth. like that

Devilize wrote:I played age of wushu which is a very fun game in its own right and there is a fun kidnapping mechanic in that game.

When you log out your character may stay in the game and earn you money by taking on a job In place of an npc. However other players can kidnap you and attempt to sell you to a fence.

This plays out like reverse capture the flag. The moment you attempt to capture someone you are flagged and anyone can attack you to either save or capture them for themselves.

Ive had some very fun chases as a result of the mechanic.

I would love to see mechanics like this in LiF along with a prison and jury system.

Yeah, I have played Age of Wulin, so i know what you mean :)
That was really funny at the beginning, but later it was just boring, since the players weren't online and you can't really interact with them ;)

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 26 Jul 2014, 04:12

Bad idea.

Mumbles

Post by Mumbles » 26 Jul 2014, 06:31

I +1 this idea

Im just imagining a small group of bandits 5-8 kidnapping a Lord when hes out getting supplies, or even another Realm kidnapping a Lord and wanting Ransom, you could lock him in a dungeon :D

Chieva

Post by Chieva » 26 Jul 2014, 19:02

I like but don't like this idea. Roleplaying wise if someone "kidnapped" me I would totally go along with it and help them out with stuff but if a group of players could actually physically stop me from being able to get home or continue with whatever I'm trying to do it wouldn't be cool, it would also create a problem with people farming, people could wait at the transport spot from the newbspot and just gather them up and use them to do menial tasks, and that's no fun for those players, and t would cause a definite power imbalance in the game. But as a roleplaying thing it has potential to be fun.
<3Kendakari~Chieva<3

Seawulf
Beta Tester

Post by Seawulf » 16 Oct 2014, 00:08

Roleplay wise it would be fun, but that mechanic would leave the possibility for people being assholes, forcing others to do what they want, pushing them to the boring laborous tasks required to mantain a village. While that sounds fun and realistic to imprison people, it is no fun for the person which is forced to spend the time doing something with no reward at all.

For kidnapping/slavery system to work, I would like to see a system where people with very high good alignment are able to build and manage a prison building, where they can place criminals to be judged for their crimes, that is a way to counter the amount of kidnappers and slavers in the game, as they'd fear to be imprisoned and spend time in an uncomfortable situation themselves.

Rexilium

Post by Rexilium » 16 Oct 2014, 10:08

bad idea.
very bad.

who want to log in and play a Character tied up in a dirty room?

oh well he can just wait to starving and respawn!
isn t easier create another character (pls do not kidnap this one too!) and forget the older one?
yes it is...
or just stop playing because it will became too boring.

seriously, a game is played for the fun and the entratenment...

a lot of person will find fun and entrateined by kidnapping people and abuse them, but very few find the same fun and feel so entrateined in chains...

and the conseguences is: less fun-->less play--->less player....(-->less money ;) )

so, i think a 100% realistic game is not a good idea 'cause ITS A GAME, NOT THE REALITY!

Return to Suggestions and Ideas