I would like to see more footmen in padded/light armor

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Blackcloud96

I would like to see more footmen in padded/light armor

Post by Blackcloud96 » 09 Oct 2014, 11:55

Right now it's so easy to craft a Royal Plate armor simply because you just need leather and few ingots. I think there should be more padded/leather armor soldiers and the half plate and full plate armor should really be expensive to craft, only the veterans and lords should be worthy enough to wear it.

My suggestion is this: plate armors should require a minimum amount of quality of iron, leather and such (based on influence) to craft. Iron plate armor can still be crafted with any quality but half plate will require a quality 50, full plate quality 70 and royal plate a quality 80. This way people will actually have to search for high quality iron, take in consideration the quality of the knife when skinning and so on instead of blindly gather the iron and create the best looking armor in the game :no:

I also feel like padded armor is so time consuming compared to all other armors and I would like to see some tweaks for that.

Struthasphere

Re: I would like to see more footmen in padded/light armor

Post by Struthasphere » 11 Oct 2014, 10:54

Agree on the royal plate being too easy, would like to see historically expensive/ influential armour and weapons being made by master craftsmen with good quality materials. It fits in with The Lord/ peasant feudal class system too.

Good idea mate.

Wambhse

Post by Wambhse » 28 Oct 2014, 06:42

Maybe something like expensive dyes or some other new material like silk that requires multiple steps to make, should be added in.

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 28 Oct 2014, 08:16

I agree that low-quality royal (and other high end) armors don't make sense at all. But putting a "minimum quality" requirement on them is not the answer, because that will make all armor sets of a particular variety exactly the same. And we want a little diversity.

Currently, a royal set with low quality functions as well as cloth armor, but looks the same as a royal set with 100 quality. This system still obviously needs to be changed.

My suggestion (which I've already made a thread for) is to make low quality armor look patchy and dirty (even if its "royal"), while high quality armor look brilliantly polished and clean.

This would incentivize players to gather better materials for better armor, as it will allow others to recognize the fact that they're wearing "crappy" royal armor.

Thread can be viewed here: item-quality-visual-indicator-t4347/

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis » 28 Oct 2014, 16:05

I like the idea about iron quality determining the type of an armor that can be crafted. I also have an idea how to a) make good Armor more expensive and b) make good Armor rare.

Probably not the best idea yet but taking most MMOs crafting system a RNG would be maybe a good idea here:

To craft a certain "tier" of armor (novice, regular, veteran, royal) you need to have a minimum quality of ingridients for it. Further you need pure and simply luck (would match to current process of herbalims), which also would be affected by: Your Crafting Skill, the quality of the ingridients and maybe the workbench. Still the quality of the result should be done like it is right now.

Just my opinion to throw it in.

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 29 Oct 2014, 00:40

You know what ? People are hanging out in plate right now because it looks very good and the guy inside it feels "dominant" :p

But once they realise they will fall like flies against archers and spearmen, they'll go for scale. As for leather, all archers and crossbowmen should take leather, because it is way lighter, and movement is vital as archer / xbowman.
As for padded, well, I think it is good against blunt and piercing but weak against slashing : that is good for spearmen.
But people need to know that and take it into accound : wait for the MMO open alpha before thinking of changes. But, yea, I do think plate armor is not expensive enough, and that padded is VERY expensive. Plate armor shouldn't cost that much, but it should take a longer time to make, and more skill. But PLEASE do not implement LUCK into successfully crafting any items. Or at least make the action automaticly repeat if you fail : I don't want to have to click 3 times for one piece of armor when I need to make 100 for my troops.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas