Gaining skill in animal lore

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Magneman

Gaining skill in animal lore

Post by Magneman » 01 Oct 2014, 07:00

Hi!
So I placed 6 hares and a chicken in a coop. Waited 24 hrs. Can't clean the place or harvest anything. Can't slaughter any of the animals. 3 of the hares died of old age.

Animal lore skill still at 0. How do I actually get to lvl up my skill in animal lore?

Elysana
Alpha Tester

Re: Gaining skill in animal lore

Post by Elysana » 01 Oct 2014, 08:13

Hi there! Animal lore is pretty difficult to level up. When the dung meter reaches 20%, you will be able to clean the coop for a few skill experience. You get more points when you harvest chicken eggs!

Deantwo
Alpha Tester

Post by Deantwo » 01 Oct 2014, 09:20

The Foxtail empire successfully defended against the evil space ponies!
Read all about it: Second Invasion of Rævehjerte Repelled

- Shores of Hazeron

Umulium

Post by Umulium » 01 Oct 2014, 18:52

well it wont get you fare that link.

It will give you an idear. but if you want to get to 60 in animal lore fast.

then you need to do it optimal.
1. go make 50-80 snares.

2. spread the snares out. make a system or what ever.. you can put the snares close to each other 10 tiles is fine.

(i pretty much had two strings of 20 snares placed out.)

3. collect snares 1-2 hours after, those that havnt snaped you get back, the rest will get destroyed and reward you with hare or chicken. yay :Yahoo!:

4. repeat untill you got like 15 chickens. the more the faster the skill gain but you can get more while the chickens you have stay on a coop.

5. place your 15+ chickens in a coop. feed them some veggis. best at hand would be appels, since they should be a good Q cuz of your farming.

6. harvest eggs untill lvl 60 in animal lore. keep traping and add chickens.. if you have 30+ chickens running two coops could be optimal.

small tips.

Chickens and hares live to about 6-7 years, so kill em or save them in your inventory or bag on the ground untill then, since they wont age unless in a coop.

If you have 10 or less chickens.. they will most likely die off before you can harvest any eggs.

you can build a coop for you hares, to clean the coops, when at 20% dung, but the skill gain is low.

if you can wait untill 60 animal lore to kill your hares and chickens. Do so in the coop it will speed your skilling in procuration.

losing claim or all animals die in your coop and the coop updates to zero animals youll lose your progress, that means no dung or eggs.

leaving your animals in a coop over night is risky at most.
take them back into your inventory, untill you get back.
when you get back. reclaim and put your animals back.

i could keep going. but this should do. put your learning cap on when playing, observe and come to prober conclusions..
there so SO MUCH wrong information out there.

Deantwo
Alpha Tester

Post by Deantwo » 01 Oct 2014, 20:14

Umulium wrote:Chickens and hares live to about 6-7 years, so kill em or save them in your inventory or bag on the ground untill then, since they wont age unless in a coop.

I have seen animals at the age of 9 lately, so somethinig most have been fixed in a patch or something.
There are also reports of animals being even of the age 13-14.

Read this:
https://lifeisfeudal.com/mantis/view.php?id=1050
The Foxtail empire successfully defended against the evil space ponies!
Read all about it: Second Invasion of Rævehjerte Repelled

- Shores of Hazeron

Umulium

Post by Umulium » 01 Oct 2014, 20:44

Deantwo wrote:I have seen animals at the age of 9 lately, so somethinig most have been fixed in a patch or something.
There are also reports of animals being even of the age 13-14.

could be that higher Q animals live longer or it is random how long they live, but by the off chance they might die at the 7th year, i would take them out of the coop at age of 6, to not lose them and what they give from killing them, well the hares at least.

Rarp

Post by Rarp » 01 Oct 2014, 20:56

Have had chickens live to 15, it depends purely on their quality. Bred animals have higher quality.
ImagejoinToRemoteServer("lif.nightswatch.ca:28000","")
The Night's Watch is recruiting!
Web based skill calculator

Andre0525

Post by Andre0525 » 06 Oct 2014, 03:04

so i cant even kill them in the coop i have to take them out but then it gives me hunting/fishing
its been 2 days and only 9 skill this is depressing :O:

DaddyLovebone
Zealous Believer

Post by DaddyLovebone » 06 Oct 2014, 03:31

Higher quality animals do indeed live longer, and it's not at all hard to make them go up in quality. Feed them high quality apples and you are set.

Ansona4

Post by Ansona4 » 26 Dec 2014, 03:34

It doesn't tell you in game but animal lore must be level 30 to slaughter in coop.

Orsus

Post by Orsus » 28 Dec 2014, 10:20

In the beginning I have found 4 coops work the best as long as you have planted enough Apple trees to feed them.

Once you have them filled up most of the way they will begin producing eggs and dung faster. Not sure if higher quality food increases the amount of dung gathered or not.

When gathering the dung and eggs, remove all animals except the highest quality animal. As the dung eggs, milk, and wool are based off the average quality of the animals present when the resources are gathered.

Also taming a pig or sheep will increase the skill more than gathering the resources will.

Make sure you have as high a food quality multiplier as you can get before cleaning, harvesting, or taming as this will increase the amount that is gained. If you can make it or trade for it use the pork sausage. I've gotten mine as high as 4.80 with it so far. Still experimenting with other foods, to find a better one.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

ANGELofDEATH

Post by ANGELofDEATH » 29 Dec 2014, 16:51

You should also find high quality dirt to put the snares down on. Find some 100Q dirt, get one shovel full. Bring it back to your home, drop it in one pile. Place all your snares down on that one tile, yes you can stack them all on one tile. Then those snares will give you better Q animals.

The snares are, as with everything in this game, are quality based on the ingredients, and your skill, you put into them. 100Q branches, plant fibers and apple will produce 100Q snares, producing 100Q animals. ALTHOUGH, the coops will now take low Q animals up to 100Q in just a few days, if that long.

Coop animals will now live into their late teens.. I have seen a chicken at 21.. Yet I slaughter them all at 12, where the gain in bones from hares stops at 5. That way I dont lose them to old age.

Return to Newcomer Section