Random Tree Spawns

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Eve

Random Tree Spawns

Post by Eve » 21 Nov 2014, 20:57

Please put an option to turn off random tree spawning.
Any server that has been running for awhile has way too many trees for one... It seems that they only seem to spawn less than q10 trees everywhere also. The current tree spawn is way to quick and sometimes the trees are spawning right next to each other which creates a wall of trees.
This is ridiculous, so please add the option to turn this off, or even better, allow us to set the frequency and min-max quality of trees...

It would be even better if they would only spawn from a tree in the vacinity and the quality should be based off that.

But even so, the option to turn this off would be nice because unpopulated areas get way too thick with trees...

Orsus

Re: Random Tree Spawns

Post by Orsus » 21 Nov 2014, 21:07

Whole heatedly agree with you.

My server has very few players on it, all are concentrated in the northern section of the map.

Lag is starting to get worse every cycle since there are now enough players to keep the trees from spawning exponentially. We cannot even find the GM of the server to ask them for some help.

On the low population servers, if they could remove half the trees, I wonder how much it would improve the game, with reduction in resources that the servers are having to expend to track an ever increasing number of tree spawning and growth rates.

It's getting very crowed, we have had trees span next to buildings while we are about to place a structure next to it. Bad when the trees spawn inside the towns.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Crushinator

Post by Crushinator » 30 Nov 2014, 23:32

I can barely walk through a forest I used to be able to

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 30 Nov 2014, 23:51

I've had to start hunting trips with bringing my axe now. At least you can still walk through stumps at least. Often now I have to "weed" areas, but goes with the Lore in my opinion, "Trail Blazers."

Likely will start seeing more and more people lay down rocks or paving with both clay and junk rock to prevent tree spawns.

If you either pave or lay down a layer of rocks, clay, sand, or non- Forest Soil, trees will not respawn on that tile.

Start making "mud" roads with a layer of regular soil, pave with clay/stone, lay down rocks. It's intentional, use the in game features to make roadways/paths.

Chlupac

Post by Chlupac » 24 Aug 2015, 19:56

Sorry for digging up this old topic, but are there any news or fixes for this problem? Its really stressful to see what trees do after three months :-/ I dont want to start again and again because of server lags :-( stumps and mines are under control now so iam guessing tree count could be the problem :-(

TheZar

Post by TheZar » 25 Aug 2015, 12:02

Chlupac wrote:Sorry for digging up this old topic, but are there any news or fixes for this problem? Its really stressful to see what trees do after three months :-/ I dont want to start again and again because of server lags :-( stumps and mines are under control now so iam guessing tree count could be the problem :-(

delete-poor-quality-trees-monthly-auto-uproot-t8393/

Return to Feedback Section