Bugged Tanning Tubs & Drying Frames

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Talressen

Bugged Tanning Tubs & Drying Frames

Post by Talressen » 18 Apr 2016, 14:25

Whenever I log off and log back on, hides I placed on the drying frames and in the tubs disappear. They do not appear visually, and the tubs and frames cannot be moved and the hides cannot be picked up. I am also unable to put new hides on / in them.

Jairone
True Believer

Re: Bugged Tanning Tubs & Drying Frames

Post by Jairone » 18 Apr 2016, 23:01

Have you checked the durability of the tubs and frames?

I've found that many times if something doesn't seem to be working that it needs repair (it is below 50%.) I've also suggested that 50% is a little too high, and we should be able to go lower (especially with the loss of max durability when repairing.)

If not, maybe you can see about reporting this via the help me section for bugs.

Talressen

Post by Talressen » 19 Apr 2016, 03:48

Definitely not an issue with durability, they are brand new tubs. Thanks anyway though.

Deus-X-Incognita

Post by Deus-X-Incognita » 19 Apr 2016, 16:15

Had that too, they were invisble and only appeared again after a server restart.
They were invisble for everyone, everything was okay after the restart and they could be picked up again.
German RP Server

Soho

Post by Soho » 21 Apr 2016, 13:30

Same problem here, it just keeps disappearing, even if i use brandnew tubs and frames

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 21 Apr 2016, 14:50

I submited a report a while back, and they could not reproduce it, it doesn't only happen to taning tubs but to other objects, and it can happen even if you do not relog. My personal opinion is that it might be somewhat related to the server having issues with that object and not the game itself. It is being looked into and a solution will be found :) eventualy :%)

Gchristopher

Post by Gchristopher » 04 May 2016, 18:48

Also seeing this bug with Drying Racks and Tanning Tubs. Running LiF:YO Dedicated Server v1.1.1.11.

First noticed that the drying racks with hide on them stopped displaying a hide. Procuration displays the "place a hide" option, but nothing happens when you try it. Trying to pick up and move the rack also does nothing.

The server shows a Warning message like:

Code: Select all
WARN 2016-05-04 10:33:23.396 {} <> [11927109] Ability::canProcessEntity() - failed on checking entity
WARN 2016-05-04 10:33:23.396 {} <> [11927109] ServerManager::ProcessAbilityEvent() - Can't process entity

Rebooting the server appears to have resolved the error for now. We'll see if it comes back.

The only new thing that I can think of that might have triggered this error was placing four drying racks close together in a warehouse?

Gchristopher

Post by Gchristopher » 04 May 2016, 18:54

I wonder if this is a client-server synchronization issue? The client thinks the rack/tub is empty but the server thinks it's full, so they can't agree on what actions the rack/tub should permit?

If so, there's a similar weird issue with floor lamps being in unreliable states, too.

Robalito

Post by Robalito » 10 May 2016, 14:55

Same problem in my server. Several users can't use tanning tubs. Any solution for it?
Thanks.

Kisa

Post by Kisa » 14 May 2016, 18:24

Same here...still waiting of Decision...need of Patch... ;)

It works after restart of servers only.

Booyaah
Beta Tester

Post by Booyaah » 16 May 2016, 16:52

Please take a day off from the MMO and fix this damn bug, it is game breaking for us...the last patch introduced this, it is a regression bug. Compare the code changes from the last build for these actions in your git/svn repo.

Airco

Post by Airco » 16 May 2016, 17:17

imagen they fixing it together whit mmo...
just saying
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Heinrich_von_Leipa
Alpha Tester

Post by Heinrich_von_Leipa » 17 May 2016, 03:17

The terrible thing about this bug on the server I'm playing is that the admin even refuses to EVER make server restarts. He's anxious about people getting angry for resetting herbal gardens. *sighs*

In other words: One major bug can't be dealt with / overcome and breaks our game because another "bug" prevents the admin from doing what is needed to solve the first bug. :Search:

Walgard

Post by Walgard » 19 May 2016, 11:59

After the last patch (1.1.1.15) the issue with drying frames and tanning tubes remains. Whenever I try to use one of them, the console complains about something being broken.

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Post by Laertes » 19 May 2016, 12:58

I still haven´t had that issue by myself, but it´s also on our fresh-wiped Server. After talking to several Players on different Server, we eventually found out an common ground: It looks like Tubs and Frames that where not moved after building/before using get that issue while objects that where moved did not ... at least until the next restart.

For further isolations some more tests are needed and it would be nice if it could be testet on other Servers too. Maybe we´re able to localize how to repeat this one.

Pureluck

Post by Pureluck » 20 May 2016, 17:37

The server I play on got the same issues, I just purchased the game couple of days ago and stacked tons of leather, then rushed to get tanning tubs and drying frames to process it, and lucky me, by the time I got them, this patch made my life a living hell, the only thing that helps is when I find a nice guy with admin to move them so they show again, but sometimes they get lost in the process even if frames and tubs get unbuged, resulting in a large quantity of lost hides. I believe only yesterday alone I've lost 20-30 hides, due to game crashes, and then there are times when no admins are available for a big amount of time, not to mention how happy they are when I ask for their help 5th or 6th time.

This is frustrating and I feel like walking away from the game, fearing that my mood will always get ruined by such issues after new patches.

Yalokcin
Zealous Believer

Post by Yalokcin » 24 May 2016, 23:27

The same problem! FIX THIS BUG pleeeease!!! :oops: It`s unpossible to play with it :bad:

Velsharoon
True Believer

Post by Velsharoon » 25 May 2016, 00:54

TEMPORARY FIX

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h9d1nous95iyn ... s.xml?dl=0

so basically if u disconnect while having tubs or racks running there is a change when u log in again to not receive the proper state of the object ( states = complete or working)
and never be able to retrieve the hide or flax until a server restart or gm moving em manually to resend u the state packet.

i've modded the skill_types xml so u get both the options, that would temporary fix the problem until the developers fix it.

for those who dont want to download the file

in your data/skill_types.xml

find Procuration

and then find

Dry a Hide
Use Tanning Tub
Pick up a Hide
Pick Up

and set the
<ent_req type="state">complete</ent_req>
or
<ent_req type="state">working</ent_req>
to
<ent_req type="state">complete working</ent_req>.

enjoy your fixed tubs and racks (functionality-wise)
visually they would still be bugged.

Larainan

Post by Larainan » 26 May 2016, 03:49

We have found on our server that tubs that are moved to new tiles stop glitching. those tubs that are still sitting in the same place they were before the patch continue to have that problem. Move your tubs and see if it stops for you!

Varj

Post by Varj » 03 Jun 2016, 05:15

This bug is still happening, i tried moving the tubs and frames and sometimes work some times not, this is a mayor bug that need to be fix it

Gchristopher

Post by Gchristopher » 03 Jun 2016, 08:10

Velsharoon wrote:TEMPORARY FIX
in your data/skill_types.xml

find Procuration

and then find

Dry a Hide
Use Tanning Tub
Pick up a Hide
Pick Up

and set the
<ent_req type="state">complete</ent_req>
or
<ent_req type="state">working</ent_req>
to
<ent_req type="state">complete working</ent_req>.

enjoy your fixed tubs and racks (functionality-wise)
visually they would still be bugged.

I tried this workaround and found that it works. And it only requires only client-side modification. Just apply this change and you can easily keep using your tanning tubs and drying racks.

Larainan

Post by Larainan » 03 Jul 2016, 15:34

Pureluck wrote:The server I play on got the same issues, I just purchased the game couple of days ago and stacked tons of leather, then rushed to get tanning tubs and drying frames to process it, and lucky me, by the time I got them, this patch made my life a living hell, the only thing that helps is when I find a nice guy with admin to move them so they show again, but sometimes they get lost in the process even if frames and tubs get unbuged, resulting in a large quantity of lost hides. I believe only yesterday alone I've lost 20-30 hides, due to game crashes, and then there are times when no admins are available for a big amount of time, not to mention how happy they are when I ask for their help 5th or 6th time.

This is frustrating and I feel like walking away from the game, fearing that my mood will always get ruined by such issues after new patches.

I feel for you having gm's that get tired of moving the tubs/racks.

I have been playing with this issue on my server. for the players that I have had place the signs for new tubs and racks, I load the mats, they build then pick up and move across their compound to new tile. that keeps them working for most from that point forward. Make sure you set them with a tile spacing between each of them....

I agree that this seems to be some kind of client side having different information than the server side issue as someone else pointed out but I also think it has something to do with the map position itself not saving information correctly because it also happens with floor lamps that have to be lit more than once until you replace them or move them to a new tile... it happens with horses on server restarts floating in the air or on new map positions all together. All of this started after the last 2 patches.

The April 17 patch broke our server it would not allow us to restore our database without updating the restored world to the patch. The patch wouldn't recognize our world at all and we ended up starting all over again because there was some 64 bit issue...my server was new at that patch. the may patch brought on the tub and horses issue and I run a completely un-modded server. After the may patch I started noticing lots of map position errors especially in the forest parts of the game but also in objects. I never had that much red in my server logs before. Repairs don't seem to correct the issue at all.

My advice is try rebuilding and moving your racks to a new location before you use them and see if that helps you. Some of our players never have the issue again some do after they crash on the client side so I am back to moving them around.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 03 Jul 2016, 15:57

Hey folks. We're really sorry that you are still struggling with that issue. Good news is that fix for that will probably appear in the next patch. ;)

Ld3FIk5

Post by Ld3FIk5 » 20 Sep 2016, 08:45

Arrakis09 wrote:Hey folks. We're really sorry that you are still struggling with that issue. Good news is that fix for that will probably appear in the next patch. ;)

Several patches later the bug is still there. Whats the status?

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 22 Sep 2016, 10:37

As i see it, the bug has been re-introduced to us. One of them bugs you really really like.
Best work around i know of right now, is to make sure not to log off before you have emptied your frames/tubs. It is not 100% sure, but the best solution i know of

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 22 Sep 2016, 11:53

The good news is, we were finally able to replicate this bug on our side, so we are on the right track.

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 22 Sep 2016, 15:03

Really looking forward to a fix

Hieve

Post by Hieve » 22 Sep 2016, 19:08

happens here now also.
50% of the tubes are not working anymore - all started at the same time, the ones that are not working anymore also don't show the steam animation anymore, the menu is still there, but it doesn't react to any use.
you can move some of them in GM mode, while some do not move anymore...
looking forward to a patch soon :)

Catall
Devoted Believer

Post by Catall » 18 Oct 2016, 13:39

In my Opinion this bug is a rather big one, as it is an issue between Server and Client communication. The same Problem exists for any useable light-source (building) every door, even for the windmills.

it affects the windmill as hard as tubes and racks, with the big difference: you can't pick up and place a windmill in GM mode.

It is not that big off a Trouble for doors and lights as Players do have a single command for one action (e.g.: open/close door).

Hieve

Post by Hieve » 20 Oct 2016, 00:50

Catall wrote:In my Opinion this bug is a rather big one, as it is an issue between Server and Client communication. The same Problem exists for any useable light-source (building) every door, even for the windmills.

it affects the windmill as hard as tubes and racks, with the big difference: you can't pick up and place a windmill in GM mode.

It is not that big off a Trouble for doors and lights as Players do have a single command for one action (e.g.: open/close door).

for light sources I found out they are still in the status 'lightning' but are not optical any more "lightning"

I can agree, this is a game breaking bug for some jobs! it should be really fixed asap..

Return to Feedback Section