Any News?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Linbaba
True Believer

Re: Any News?

Post by Linbaba » 30 Jan 2017, 17:47

Olivemanchester wrote:
Linbaba wrote:The thing I'm having trouble understanding is how so many people don't understand such a simple thing?

And why do you think developers are interested in this?
To get a lot of negative and lose players confidence?
I think you're wrong.

I don't understand you're question.

I think I'm right :)

Palladin
True Believer

Post by Palladin » 30 Jan 2017, 19:38

Arzi wrote:Please somebody mute this guy.

whom? :D

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 30 Jan 2017, 20:54

Knowing it's not coming early February as promised and announcing that it will be "sometime in February" is a statement that is made with the intention to deceive.

Is this something you think they do, or do have you had a conversation with developers, where they tell you they have an intention of deceive us ?
If yes i would really like too see it.

The thing I'm having trouble understanding is how so many people don't understand such a simple thing?

Well i would have no trouble understand it, if you show me the conversation. I will back you up 100% when you show me.
If you are just puzzled why people dont understand this based on you thoughts, well could it be your thoughts might be wrong ?

I you cant show me your secret conversation with developers, i will leave you alone as i hope the rest of the LIF community will do. If that happens, i have a feeling this is not the first time you have been left alone in a corner crying for attention.

Yenko68

Post by Yenko68 » 30 Jan 2017, 22:41

Now obviously, I don't work with them and I don't know what's going, but I have seen in betas, alphas, launches a million times and it is always the same thing.

Liar!!!!
Hey, panties in a wad guy. It's a self imposed prediction to achieving a goal. Not a lie. You are pressuring for an update on a goal yet to be achieved. They gave you a good faith estimate.
Shit happens. Get over it.

Palladin
True Believer

Post by Palladin » 31 Jan 2017, 00:13

so no info. just waiting)

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 31 Jan 2017, 01:23

Palladin wrote:so no info. just waiting)

we got plenty of info, there was an announcement of a Developers Q&A with Bobik happening this Thursday, they released the 64bit public beta to YO and told us that was the first step to reopening the MMO, on the 27th they released dev update.

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 31 Jan 2017, 01:28

Yenko68 wrote:
Now obviously, I don't work with them and I don't know what's going, but I have seen in betas, alphas, launches a million times and it is always the same thing.

Liar!!!!
Hey, panties in a wad guy. It's a self imposed prediction to achieving a goal. Not a lie. You are pressuring for an update on a goal yet to be achieved. They gave you a good faith estimate.
Shit happens. Get over it.

You can believe that if you like, but you can't stop me believing what I want to believe, or think what I think, especially since what I think makes ten times more sense than what you think.

Let me tell you a little story, a true story.

Some time ago I tried out Gloria Victis. I thought it was terrible, like horribly bad. And that's what I said in my review, I also said why I thought that and so on, as you do in reviews.

A friend of mine had been following the game for like, the very start, and he loved that game, and he loved the devs, and he hated anyone who didn't love that game.

To the point that when I posted that review on Steam, he got 6 of his friends to down vote it.

He admited to me, cause we're friends, that it wasn't that I was wrong or I was right, he hardly read the review and none of his friends read it.

He just wanted to support the game, support the devs, help the "small indie team" making this "unique never done before open world sandbox blah blah blah".

And he was ready to sacrifice the meaning of what a review is, if it helped people try the game.

Obviously, he was and is not the only one on the world doing this.

Obviously, in a game like LIF, same things will happen, it's even more or less the same configuration for the same "type" of game, or theme, although there are important differences.

It's also developped by an indie team, and it also has a very small (recently growing fast) community of followers who have been investing emotionally, financially, timewise and so on in the same way.

I mean I get why you guys do this, I totally get why my friend did what he did, I wasn't pissed at him at all, but I still think it's wrong.

If someone makes a legit review of a game, it's wrong to downvote it just because you don't want to scare potential customers.

And if someone makes a ligit argument, it's also wrong to troll and bate, and call the moderators and so on. It's the same thing and wrong for the same reasons.

In short : you can tell fanboys any obvious truth, if they think it goes against their game, they will troll, bate, spam, flame and deny it. It's always been like this, and probably always will be.

Palladin
True Believer

Post by Palladin » 31 Jan 2017, 01:42

Wookiee420 wrote:

we got plenty of info, there was an announcement of a Developers Q&A with Bobik happening this Thursday, they released the 64bit public beta to YO and told us that was the first step to reopening the MMO, on the 27th they released dev update.

and any info about restoring beta access? only in feb. right? you also can give me info about weather in colorado) it's good for you, but no info for beta access)

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 31 Jan 2017, 18:49

Palladin wrote:
Wookiee420 wrote:

and any info about restoring beta access? only in feb. right? you also can give me info about weather in colorado) it's good for you, but no info for beta access)

Do you know how to read? They clearly told us in that same post that told us the 64bit is out that once that is stable they will turn beta back on. Maybe you need to practice your reading comprehension.

Palladin
True Believer

Post by Palladin » 31 Jan 2017, 18:52

Wookiee420 wrote: Maybe you need to practice your reading comprehension.

do you know any date in feb? or just wasting a time?

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 31 Jan 2017, 18:58

Palladin wrote:

"officially", it will be February wiithout specific date.

Personally, I don't think it will be until the 2nd half of February but that's just me.

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 31 Jan 2017, 20:47

Linbaba wrote:
Palladin wrote:

"officially", it will be February wiithout specific date.

Personally, I don't think it will be until the 2nd half of February but that's just me.

second half of February is still February, they updated the expected date from "early Feb" to "sometime in Feb" you yourself have said this many times. it cannot be a lie if they are correcting themselves and telling you there will be an extension, again you yourself acknowledge that this has been said. i do not understand how you yourself can type something and still not understand what is happening.
A lie is Ark they told us Tek Teir was coming in November and it released yesterday. A lie is Medieval Engineers/Space Engineers taking 3 years to give you what they promised without word. It is not a lie if they tell you that there has been a change in plans, that is keeping you updated. If you really are this pissed at Bitbox, demand your money back and have a nice day, otherwise shut up already. You aren't making the game go faster, and its very clear by the lack of official responses to you that no one but other players who have nothing better to do gives a shit about anything you say.
Last edited by Wookiee420 on 31 Jan 2017, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 31 Jan 2017, 20:50

Palladin wrote:

i know exactly as much as anyone who can read does, its not our fault you dont understand English, its also posted in French and Russian, maybe that will be easier for you guys to understand.

Palladin
True Believer

Post by Palladin » 31 Jan 2017, 21:00

Wookiee420 wrote: its also posted in French and Russian, maybe that will be easier for you guys to understand.

i happy for your english. really) but i asked only about any news/dates. if you would like to talk about your good english or chineese you can open new topic)

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 31 Jan 2017, 21:04

Palladin wrote:
Wookiee420 wrote: its also posted in French and Russian, maybe that will be easier for you guys to understand.

i happy for your english. really) but i asked only about any news/dates. if you would like to talk about your good english or chineese you can open new topic)

don't worry about it, they are pissed at me and taking it out on you :x

DEAD_RABBIT
Zealous Believer

Post by DEAD_RABBIT » 01 Feb 2017, 02:54

Linbaba wrote:
Wookiee420 wrote:i dont see any lies here, they said end Jan beginning Feb and they would tell us more as it got closer, then they told us that they were finishing 64bit and when it was done the servers would go back up. Now they answered your question with a "sometime in Feb" which is their effort to not lie to you and tell you the wrong date. If they had actually said an exact date, maybe I could see the lie, but a vague answer is all they have so as to avoid this exact conversation.

Buddy if you don't see it, it's because you don't want to see it.

Cause it's obvious and simple to see.

I agree with Wookiee. Even if they have been saying early February doesnt mean complication didnt come up. Have you ever tried to build a game in Unity or any other game engine? Difficult to say the least. It isnt as simple as copy past assets and its works fine everytime.

Everything could be working fine and all of a sudden a bug comes out of the woodwork that completly takes over your project, sometime game breaking.

Things like this happen. And as harsh as the Steam community is I can see the sense in waiting until there confident that everything will mostly go smoothly, especially since theyve changed to x64..

They have to be vague because nothing is definate. We dont want another No Mans Sky do we lol?

Cheers

Sycopata666
True Believer

Post by Sycopata666 » 01 Feb 2017, 10:23

The real problem is the community interest. is hard for clan leaders join people to a project. and freeze it so much time. now all my clan members are in another games. amd wen beta come back they have to inmediate abandon the new games to back to the beta and have no idea how time they can play until new break... why Devs suggested multyple breaks.

There are not so much idea from Devs of how manage comunity. This prolongate freezes just kill the interest ,and move players to new games , and you cant expect they back wen you decide...

Devs can still work , and no close the servers , and let game grow until coitus interruptus each time..
You can see what i mean in the forum activity... the game interest is goone away to let Devs autist work, and some bizarre dev blocs with no concrete information.

Jamaicus
True Believer

Post by Jamaicus » 02 Feb 2017, 03:22

Blizzard is notorious for delaying games because they are perfectionists. There's no sense in getting all wriled up accusing them of lying when they've come so far. Especially being a smaller company we should all give them due credit. I don't normally post on forum but all the negativity about it is insane. You purchased LIF YO, when I bought the game it was I think 20-30 $. I had so much fun with it for a long time with No monthly fees for 2 years. Calculate how much it would cost to pay 15$ a month for 2 years. Plus DLCs? What entitled, spoiled mindset do you come from to accuse someone of lying, to sit there and break it down to the specifics of when the next wave was, in your eyes, supposed to be released?

Give your constructive criticism with respect. Hone your LIF skills on YO. But if you have to wait? You wait. You wait 2 more months if you have to you brat because creating a game for as many carebear, want-it-my-way, cookie-cutting, gamers Ive seen in 20 years of mmorpgs must be like walking on eggshells. Accept whats offered graciously and have some appreciation!!

DrunkenSailman
True Believer

Post by DrunkenSailman » 04 Feb 2017, 09:47

Well here 4 day of the declared month, maybe developers will give an answer, though reference day when they will open server for the second phase?It would be not bad to know

Releteam
True Believer

Post by Releteam » 05 Feb 2017, 01:01

DrunkenSailman wrote:Well here 4 day of the declared month, maybe developers will give an answer, though reference day when they will open server for the second phase?It would be not bad to know

+1

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 05 Feb 2017, 17:42

It's hard to believe this game hasn't been abandoned by all players yet , it's been 4 years since the first thought of the original game coming out (the MMO) and we still have no playable iteration except for that terrible YO version, and even those who have played the first wave of the MMO barely got a chance due to the poor state of these "beta" servers .

If you believe the lies of the devs that they are in beta for the MMO I feel bad for you , because truth is the devs have a game built on poor architecture and code, and they are backed against a wall ; they cannot even support writing code for a server based game let alone a massive MMO . Please , quit while you are ahead , even Conan exiles - an ark clone in alpha just released days ago - is in a better state than the YO and MMO version of this game (and apparently YO is a finished product and this MMO is in "beta" ) it's a lie to string customers along for years to come - I guarantee that the MMO will be in this same sorry state in a year from now, and of course the YO version will never get better due to horrid lag and crappy pre-alpha combat animations (what the hell is with that sliding stam-out animation ? It's ugly and shows the level of detail and quality in the overall game).

I hope soon people have better city building Games , because that's all this game truly Fulfills in people's hearts and IMO , is the only reason why people tough out the poor fps / server performance and daily grind to keep massive establishments up and running with no solid pvp that isn't riddled with choppy performance and bugs ... logs still float so you can sneak into castles ? Only in LIF . Game still runs at 25 fps when you get into 5v5 battles after game is "fully released"? Only in LIF . MMO is promised to all backers - but now is being milked for more money by selling tickets to an earlier play date , which won't be worth it due to aforementioned terrible code and servers . Only in lif. I knew as soon as they released YO to "fully released state" that it was dooomed due to the poor state it was in that day , it wasn't ready and I was so shocked that the devs thought it was , even the User interface looks like a pre alpha model .

LIF is dead for me and always will be , there are much better games looking forward , I just hope they don't flop like these developers decided to do : they had so much potential and threw it all away due to impatience or greed or both .

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 05 Feb 2017, 18:39

Blackberrygoo wrote:
there are much better games looking forward , .

Like what? I mean, this is exactly the kind / category I like, but appart from one or two unreleased ones, like "Chronicles of Elyria" (which does look pretty cool) I'm not aware of any other "good" MMO / sanbox / openworld with (bonus) medieval no fantasy theme RPGs.

I suppose Gloria Victis comes as a close a competitor as you can get but it isn't the same kind of game at all (plus imo it really sucks, at this stage anyway).

As to the rest, I'm interested in what you said but do you have any proof?

For example, (just one of the other things you said) you say this beta isn't really beta because the game will always look like this, you say this because YO is "released" and wasn't different from its beta?

btw, personally, this game has basically so many things that I hate in a game, but in a weird way, it's the only one to have really got me hooked for a long time.

I mean, it's a carebear game where you spend all your time crafting, building, and so on. There's a little pvp, but the core of the game isn't about that, well not in my short experience anyway.

And in other MMOs, I'm always pvping, hardcore, never doing pve, never doing crafting, never doing anything else, cause I hate that stuff.

But I have no idea how or why, when I played this last month, crafting and pve is the only thing I did, and I loved it lol

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 05 Feb 2017, 19:26

Blackberrygoo wrote:It's hard to believe this game hasn't been abandoned by all players yet , it's been 4 years since the first thought of the original game coming out (the MMO) and we still have no playable iteration except for that terrible YO version, and even those who have played the first wave of the MMO barely got a chance due to the poor state of these "beta" servers .

In actual fact almost no MMOs are playable after 4 years. Those that are ready have been built on pre-existing game structures. Unless you are talking about games that came out 20 years ago, in which case you would be foolish to compare the complexity of those games to the games of today.

So you really should learn more about what you are talking about. Allow me to help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_development,
https://www.destructoid.com/aaa-game-development-teams-are-too-damn-big-247366.phtml

Finally, lets separate what the large companies produce from the Indies: https://mmos.com/editorials/most-expensive-mmorpgs-ever-developed

This is why I have little to no patience for some of the people on these forums. Even though I sometimes disagree with Bitbox on some decisions they make, they have accomplished a hell of a lot for an independent game company and for the most part still listen to their player base for feedback.

If you don't like the results, offer constructive criticism. If you spend any time on these forums you will find that other players who have done so have had their feedback integrated in the product.

People who sit on the sidelines and bitch like spoiled brats should just go away.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 06 Feb 2017, 19:27

shoot, Idk why everyone complains about how long it takes for a game to get developed. I started watching this and star citizen at about the same time, bought both at around the same time, got about 550 more hours in this game then I do star citizen so......... And they got a lot of money

Nightborder
True Believer

Post by Nightborder » 07 Feb 2017, 09:07

Lord_Sitruc wrote:shoot, Idk why everyone complains about how long it takes for a game to get developed. I started watching this and star citizen at about the same time, bought both at around the same time, got about 550 more hours in this game then I do star citizen so......... And they got a lot of money

Same here but I think SC will never be finished... :pardon:

Sycopata666
True Believer

Post by Sycopata666 » 07 Feb 2017, 13:53

The power of star cityzen is the propaganda. Life is feudal devs ara making the game of my dreams but have no idea of how sell it to the comunity.

Youtubers and streamers need his feed.

The game need a impulse , they got the base but we nee a improbe of content.

Ships. people love the ships.
Advanced gaming mechanics. like more minigames to fish and other actions. but with real reward wen you doo it. and no Flash minigames... real integratet on the game engine.
Unlock skills.. people love being creative so much games just work why people can desing this fancy virtual and unique char, the best sand box ever created lock roles to 9 Profession.....
Remove anty fun skills, im not a coward if im rounded by enemies. i just want a honorable fight no wach how they spam me coward warcry wen i cant just try to fight.
And horses are not a pokemon. horse give you advantatge and no penalty you can hide it on you magical doraemon bag.
And if you get dismountet... you can magical insta mount. you have to wait 3 secs to wear a shobel but yo can insta mount a horse? Include wen you wear full plate armor.

there are so much nice thinks in this game. but some ones are just bad, and you no fix it.

Right click and wach all happen is not atractive to the... common gamers, and if you want the world hardcore games see do you exist , you need the full comunity. not just the core fans.

Give feed to the Prense with stuning news. Do you see Rust dev blogs? you no need beig star cityzen fenomenon. but probably you can do it better. i pray to you doing it.

my 5 cents

Palladin
True Believer

Post by Palladin » 07 Feb 2017, 14:47

ships is not necessary, some siege weapons will be more useful and interesting

Sycopata666
True Believer

Post by Sycopata666 » 07 Feb 2017, 14:55

Palladin wrote:ships is not necessary, some siege weapons will be more useful and interesting

Game have so much water and this is not a triton simulator game.

Ships. Animal Trade cards are a must have. and then you can remove the doraemom Magical bags. and use the realistic ways to move stuff.

Obiusly this tools need his primitive versions like all tols in this game.

https://goo.gl/images/eHl0hQ

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 07 Feb 2017, 15:26

Sycopata666 wrote:The power of star cityzen is the propaganda. Life is feudal devs ara making the game of my dreams but have no idea of how sell it to the comunity.

Advanced gaming mechanics. like more minigames to fish and other actions. but with real reward wen you doo it. and no Flash minigames... real integratet on the game engine.
Unlock skills.. people love being creative so much games just work why people can desing this fancy virtual and unique char, the best sand box ever created lock roles to 9 Profession.....
Remove anty fun skills, im not a coward if im rounded by enemies. i just want a honorable fight no wach how they spam me coward warcry wen i cant just try to fight.
And horses are not a pokemon. horse give you advantatge and no penalty you can hide it on you magical doraemon bag.
And if you get dismountet... you can magical insta mount. you have to wait 3 secs to wear a shobel but yo can insta mount a horse? Include wen you wear full plate armor.

there are so much nice thinks in this game. but some ones are just bad, and you no fix it.

Right click and wach all happen is not atractive to the... common gamers, and if you want the world hardcore games see do you exist , you need the full comunity. not just the core fans.

Give feed to the Prense with stuning news. Do you see Rust dev blogs? you no need beig star cityzen fenomenon. but probably you can do it better. i pray to you doing it.

my 5 cents

Some of the stuff i agree to, some not.
But 1 huge danger i fear more then anything in this game, is if to many new players come in fast (advertising etc.) and the community grows, a lot of casual players will join the mmo.
The moment a mob of them start complaining the game is to hard, BitBox might very well start changing the game so they stay. We have already seen signs of this, with Bobik suggesting magic fireballs and bells that alert people!!!!
I fully understand Bitbox if they try and please the mob, since they are trying to make money on this game. But damn i will hate it if the game becomes any more easy then it is now. The steep learning curve is imo 1 of the main reason people keep playing this game. Just when you think you know the game, you find some small detail that change a way to build a base, farm, plant trees completely. But ofc you never come to that stage if you are a casual player crying about every little detail the game offer, that does not fit your idea of how the game should work. And i think that is the problem a lot of the mob will bring in if/when the game becomes popular.
So i will enjoy the game while it is still just some Russian back ally product with all the bugs

Nightborder
True Believer

Post by Nightborder » 07 Feb 2017, 17:27

Asimov wrote:
Sycopata666 wrote:The power of star cityzen is the propaganda. Life is feudal devs ara making the game of my dreams but have no idea of how sell it to the comunity.

my 5 cents

Some of the stuff i agree to, some not.
But 1 huge danger i fear more then anything in this game, is if to many new players come in fast (advertising etc.) and the community grows, a lot of casual players will join the mmo.
The moment a mob of them start complaining the game is to hard, BitBox might very well start changing the game so they stay. We have already seen signs of this, with Bobik suggesting magic fireballs and bells that alert people!!!!
I fully understand Bitbox if they try and please the mob, since they are trying to make money on this game. But damn i will hate it if the game becomes any more easy then it is now. The steep learning curve is imo 1 of the main reason people keep playing this game. Just when you think you know the game, you find some small detail that change a way to build a base, farm, plant trees completely. But ofc you never come to that stage if you are a casual player crying about every little detail the game offer, that does not fit your idea of how the game should work. And i think that is the problem a lot of the mob will bring in if/when the game becomes popular.
So i will enjoy the game while it is still just some Russian back ally product with all the bugs

+1 for this!

Return to General Discussion