- Level 0: Can Praise God (alignment increases, can be used once per day).
- Level 30: Can bless people calling upon "God's Mercy" that removes death penalty during PvP events (sieges/battles/Judgement Hour)
- Level 60: Can bless people calling upon "God's Love" that increases luck by 3.
- Level 90: Can bless a monument, adding a reduced death penalty for every guild member within the realm claim. Must be cast daily. Casting uses hard stamina from the strain of the blessing. Possibly use monument maintenance points as well.
- Level 100: Can remove/reduce the length of ‘Rez sickness’ (similar to healing)
The arguments against players being able to recall to their bind point are:
- Unrealistic for a game where magic does not exist.
- Allows players to abuse overburdened movement.
- Reduces danger from hostiles.
- Allows players to quickly return home when being raided.
For the other listed arguments against ‘recall’, I consider them perfectly valid. However, the solution is not to ‘remove the mechanic’. The solution is to ‘balance the mechanic’. My solution:
- Remove ‘recall’ from the piety skill and add it as part of movement.
- Set the cooldown back to 30 minutes and modify the character table so the cooldown is not reset on a game restart (similar to ‘LastTimeUsedPraiseYourGodAbility’ table value).
- Remove chance to fail when using recall.
- Limit excessive weight being carried to the skill in movement. So a movement skill of 25 would allow you to be 25% overburdened when you recall.
- Add ‘resurrection’ sickness to the player after they recall, similar to when a player dies.
For this I would argue that without some form of fast travel, trade in the game will actually be reduced to a bare minimum as it will become too much of a hassle traveling half way around the world (realistically players will meet in the starting city) and then traveling back. Instead players will either produce what they need themselves, or go without. Trade exists when one party finds it easier to acquire goods from someone else rather than producing it themselves. So the best method of ensuring ‘targets’ is to ensure a healthy trading system by making travel easier. Having ‘recall’ means that ‘targets’ still have to travel to a destination with either items or currency, so as in the real world, most ‘road agents’ will live just outside popular trading destinations.
Finally, many folks have expressed a desire for a ‘church’ type building. I’d recommend having one that requires lots of metals (copper, silver, gold). For a benefit of having a church, I would add a luck bonus to every guild member when they are within the realm claim.
I am sure that some of this has been previously suggested by other players. Apologies for not remembering who and where, but your ideas were clearly good enough to cement within my subconscious. For those who disagree with the above, please post your reasoned arguments along with your view point.