Server wipes or permanent progress?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Aivarioha

Server wipes or permanent progress?

Post by Aivarioha » 19 Dec 2017, 12:11

Simple question. Do LiF:MMO servers ever wipe so new players can compete and start on a fair ground or it's not like Rust for example?

Because if so, I don't understand how a new player could setup himself with his enemies being already developed if you know what I mean.

Hodo

Re: Server wipes or permanent progress?

Post by Hodo » 19 Dec 2017, 13:48

There will be no wipes on the main servers for the MMO.

It is permanent progress.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 19 Dec 2017, 14:21

On your second question, this is not a KOS game.... mostly...... Not everyone in this game is your enemy.... You just need to talk to you neighbors and become friends with the biggest one. At that point if your smart and trade raw materials for other goods its likely you could catch up pretty quickly.

The game is actually much easier with people already developed around you. When everyone is naked eating nuts and apples.... the game is pretty rough.

At this point in the game already I am getting the same skill gains just by the food we can now cook that I was getting in the first few weeks with my power hour activated.

Clarioncaller

Post by Clarioncaller » 19 Dec 2017, 18:46

No wipe puts new crafter's ,new guilds,new players at a decided disadvantage in a highly competitive environment.
The game has really had a soft launch.

Velius

Post by Velius » 19 Dec 2017, 19:35

Clarioncaller wrote:No wipe puts new crafter's ,new guilds,new players at a decided disadvantage in a highly competitive environment.

Trust me, new crafters are NEVER at a disadvantage. If you join a large guild odds are you will be powerleveled through your trade in no time due to the vast amount of resources and tools/armaments/materials that they require.

New soldiers are issues actual weapons to train with and as a result they train far faster. There are a plethora of veteran players who are available to teach newcomers and oftentimes they thoroughly enjoy it.

Many professions always need more hands as the organization grows, such as farmers and cooks. Foresters are also quite the hot commodity as are highly skilled builders. There is also no such thing as too many herbalists, for they are the rockstars of the game.

Joining a large kingdom guild or allying yourself with one is the best way to get to a point where you can enjoy your time and focus on what you wish to do rather than running all over creation trying to keep your head above water and support your tiny shack and caveman lifestyle. Now, if that level of challenge appeals to you and is what you enjoy, then by all means don't let me stop you.

People need to stop seeing guilds as enemies and start seeing them as assets. Somewhere along the MMO timeline this stigma of "Large guilds are all cheater/elitists/snobby replaced the old vision of them being communities of players who work together to create something great and enjoying their time together at the same time.

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 19 Dec 2017, 19:49

Velius wrote:Trust me, new crafters are NEVER at a disadvantage. If you join a large guild odds are you will be powerleveled through your trade in no time due to the vast amount of resources and tools/armaments/materials that they require.

New soldiers are issues actual weapons to train with and as a result they train far faster. There are a plethora of veteran players who are available to teach newcomers and oftentimes they thoroughly enjoy it.

Many professions always need more hands as the organization grows, such as farmers and cooks. Foresters are also quite the hot commodity as are highly skilled builders. There is also no such thing as too many herbalists, for they are the rockstars of the game.

Joining a large kingdom guild or allying yourself with one is the best way to get to a point where you can enjoy your time and focus on what you wish to do rather than running all over creation trying to keep your head above water and support your tiny shack and caveman lifestyle. Now, if that level of challenge appeals to you and is what you enjoy, then by all means don't let me stop you.

People need to stop seeing guilds as enemies and start seeing them as assets. Somewhere along the MMO timeline this stigma of "Large guilds are all cheater/elitists/snobby replaced the old vision of them being communities of players who work together to create something great and enjoying their time together at the same time.

Exactly

Clarioncaller wrote:No wipe puts new crafter's ,new guilds,new players at a decided disadvantage in a highly competitive environment.

This is true, if they decide that they immediately want to compete with other established guilds... Politics is probably about 1/2 of this game. And what game that is highly competitive doesn't put someone just starting out at a disadvantage.

On top of this, I still say people starting out late will have it much better then people who started out at launch. We get new recruits in and they start with a house... high Q 4 ingredient food and most structures already built... when I started I had nuts and had to be scared all the time that if I died I would spawn 12 servers away.

The game has soft launched, they said that when they announced the beta the last time, in fact they always said they would have a "Soft launch" some time in the game development they just weren't good at saying which stage it would come at.

Tleigh34au

Post by Tleigh34au » 21 Dec 2017, 06:05

Lord_Sitruc wrote:On your second question, this is not a KOS game.... mostly...... Not everyone in this game is your enemy.....

The 8 hours i traveled to be killed on 2 occasions really says to me otherwise. This game really has nothing for a new player to set up solo, there's literally no trees and by the time you do find some and get started you will get killed. This game is not new player friendly.

Velius

Post by Velius » 21 Dec 2017, 19:39

Tleigh34au wrote:
Lord_Sitruc wrote:On your second question, this is not a KOS game.... mostly...... Not everyone in this game is your enemy.....

The 8 hours i traveled to be killed on 2 occasions really says to me otherwise. This game really has nothing for a new player to set up solo, there's literally no trees and by the time you do find some and get started you will get killed. This game is not new player friendly.

Join a guild, always keep crtl+F4 on if you don't know the area, join a guild, stay the hell away from the NPC city unless you speak russian, join a guild.

This game is not, has never been, and god-willing never will be meant for players to set up solo. I would say 95% of those who attempt to do so will wind up frustrated and ragequitting. The 5% who are able to handle it have large amounts of playtime available to be constantly grinding and juggling professions and also have very good interpersonal skills and can negotiate agreements with local guilds to get their coin and commodities.

That being said, join a guild.

Grozer

Post by Grozer » 24 Dec 2017, 02:59

Related question. Since the server doesn't wipe, is there a mechanic to restore abandoned terraforming to their natural state? AKA erosion.

I saw that buildings burn if abandoned but what about tunnels and landscaping projects? Otherwise, the world will look really funky (or interesting) after awhile.

Velius

Post by Velius » 24 Dec 2017, 06:26

Grozer wrote:Related question. Since the server doesn't wipe, is there a mechanic to restore abandoned terraforming to their natural state? AKA erosion.

I saw that buildings burn if abandoned but what about tunnels and landscaping projects? Otherwise, the world will look really funky (or interesting) after awhile.

Yes, but you are talking a span of RL months. That's to prevent someone from sectioning off an area and just using it as an infinite source of q100 resources.

Return to Newcomer Section