Show Grid When Terraforming

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Paha

Show Grid When Terraforming

Post by Paha » 22 Sep 2014, 08:41

I think it would be great to either terraform while in the "observe" mode or to have an option to enable always showing the square you are looking at.

I also would like to see some form of planning tools for terraforming, such as designating an area for flattening and marking a desired height. I had to help level two areas for houses today and it was quite tedious going in and out of observer after every change.

Mumpel

Re: Show Grid When Terraforming

Post by Mumpel » 22 Sep 2014, 12:21

Ohh yeah, that would be really cool! The terraformin part is really annoying ... yesterday i build flat ground for 3 small huts and it was quite a pain in the ass.

It would be really cool to have the grid on the ground while building. (maybe with terraforming on 90 or something)

Or what even might be better: if you cold queue orders for terraforming while in observer mode.

AussiePastor
Alpha Tester

Post by AussiePastor » 22 Sep 2014, 12:23

Amen to that?

Oppps! Plus one.
Aussie Pastor
Real Life Pastor that's a gamer.

Kossako
Alpha Tester

Post by Kossako » 22 Sep 2014, 12:40

I was terraforming a lot and never had to check after cell how it looks like.

You set flattering as default.
Click square till you get prospecting action - this is when terrain is already flat.
Stand on first flatten square and flatten next to it - it would have same heigh as the one you are standing on.
Flatten desired area.

Most of the time I don't use "observer" ability at all.
Skills and crafting information: lif-database-application-t1494

Build your first home for newbies guide: first-house-guide-to-new-players-t1432

Mumpel

Post by Mumpel » 22 Sep 2014, 12:53

Kossako wrote:I was terraforming a lot and never had to check after cell how it looks like.

Click square till you get prospecting action - this is when terrain is already flat.
Stand on first flatten square and flatten next to it - it would have same heigh as the one you are standing on.
Flatten desired area.

That a good points. But it's not limited to flattening ... lets say you want build a road that is slowly getting higher 9.0 -> 9.1. -> 9.2 for expample and u have uneven terrain ... then its gettin hard to remember everything; and now lets say there are 3 people working on this project ... its possible to coordinate via skype or ts ... but with ingame chat its really hard.

Paha

Post by Paha » 22 Sep 2014, 18:06

Kossako wrote:I was terraforming a lot and never had to check after cell how it looks like.

Flatten desired area.

That could be useful, but I had to level out a 4x4 area to a height of 5.2 that ranged from 4 to 7. I don't think your way would work for that. It would also help if the observe mode updated when terrain changed within your view.

Godcomplex

Post by Godcomplex » 29 Sep 2014, 04:17

Paha wrote:

Flatten desired area.

That could be useful, but I had to level out a 4x4 area to a height of 5.2 that ranged from 4 to 7. I don't think your way would work for that. It would also help if the observe mode updated when terrain changed within your view.

The flatten option work with both raising and lowering tiles, so what he said does work for what you were trying to do

RowdyGowdy

Post by RowdyGowdy » 03 Oct 2014, 16:52

+1 I'd like to see an option for GM should be added while in "observe" mode for mass terraforming where you can simply click on the tiles, edit the numbers, then save.

EDIT: a similar thread
allow-terraforming-in-observe-mode-t2464/

Last edited by RowdyGowdy on 07 Oct 2014, 13:18, edited 2 times in total.
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

B101uk

Post by B101uk » 04 Oct 2014, 15:39

definitely not needed IMO.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas