MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Arrakis

MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

Post by Arrakis » 25 May 2016, 13:55

Hey folks! :)

Closed Beta is just behind the door, and this is interactive FAQ is where you can ask your questions regarding only MMO tests. For questions regarding game itself, see this MMO interactive FAQ. ;)

Note: This thread is ONLY for questions about MMO Tests, not the game!

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Re: MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

Post by Stormsblade » 25 May 2016, 14:02

Can you let me in now?
Please?

I'm sure this will be the most asked question :ROFL:

Real question:
1. Will the alpha-beta tester only CBT be wiped before general release to all LiF:YO owners phase of CBT?

• Answer: Yes, there will be wipes between beta testing stages and before the release.

2. Will you delay the release of CBT to LiF:YO owners if there are stability concerns? Do you still predict 1-2 weeks between CBT for Alpha/Beta Testers and all LiF:YO owners?

• Answer: If there will be some really serious issues then yes. But we are nearly ready, so it's really doubtful that CBT will be delayed any longer. And it will run for a little bit longer than those two weeks. More info about time frames coming soon.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 25 May 2016, 14:10

3. How many server nodes will be available during the closed testing initialy? All of them, or a limited number?

• Answer: All of them! You will be able to cross the entire continent! :)

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 25 May 2016, 14:13

4. In an interview that Bobik did back in January, he predicted that ships would be available this summer to transport goods across water. Are boats still planned as content to be released early in the beta?

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 25 May 2016, 14:20

5. Will there be an NDA for the CBT, and will streaming/uploading videos be allowed or even encouraged within the same?

• Answer: Just like during Alpha testing, there won't be NDA. But we would ask of all testers not to overexpose possible bugs.

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 25 May 2016, 14:23

6. Will CBT start today? :Yahoo!:

• Answer: Yes and no. More information coming soon.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 25 May 2016, 14:27

7. Will there be a clean way to give feedback about game issues during the CBT? And if so will it be within the forums itself or more perferably private and external such as the previously used zendesk?

• Answer: We are hoping to have working in-game form to send reports. And yes, we will continue to work on zendesk.

Dleatherus
Beta Tester

Post by Dleatherus » 25 May 2016, 14:31

8. Do you have an approximate time frame for how long CBT will run before it's open to all LiF:YO players?

i'm used to closed betas lasting months - the little snippets of info i have read so far indicate 2-4 weeks?

ty

• Answer: We actually do. Closed beta stage will go for a bit longer than those couple weeks ;) More info about time frames coming soon.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 25 May 2016, 14:47

9. What will the skillcap be intialy for the testing? And will it be flexible until finalized for realese, same question for the skill trees are they flexible for changes during testing up to the realese?

• Answer: Skillcap will be 400, and everything will be flexible, these are beta tests after all ;) Throughout the testing, with your help and suggestions we will determine what will require changes.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 25 May 2016, 14:50

10. What is the expected uptime of servers for the CBT?

• Answer: If everything goes right, servers should be up 23/7. One hour is reserved for maintenance and patches. Some unexpected downtimes are also possible though.

Kazar
Beta Tester

Post by Kazar » 25 May 2016, 15:22

11. What is expected skill progress multiplayer for MMO beta testing ? Is it going to change with other settings each wipe or not ?
Thanks for the answer.

• Answer: Skill multiplier will be higher during first beta stages and yes, it will be changed each wipe. Later it will be x1 of course.
Ave BIA

Rushrepsaj

Post by Rushrepsaj » 25 May 2016, 15:32

12. Is it possible to apply as group to the CBT instead of solo? I wish to play with friends. Thanks for the awnser :beer:

• Answer: At the moment there is no way to apply for CBT.

Cattoaster

Post by Cattoaster » 25 May 2016, 15:43

13. Do you plan for a first stress test that all testers can connect at the same time or will the player limit be increased step by step?

• Answer: We will be careful with that and we'll gradually increase player limit.

Papapino
Beta Tester

Post by Papapino » 25 May 2016, 15:53

14. Can players stream during first phase of test?

• Answer: This was already answered. There will be no NDA. We only expect from testers to not to overexpose possible bugs.

Dalin
Beta Tester

Post by Dalin » 25 May 2016, 16:30

15. Does the méteo will be random on the MMO/CBT or follow a weather predicted like the file "cm_weather1" ?
Thanks for the answer. :)

• Answer: It will be different in different climate zones. We might alter it during gameplay.
Traducteur FR - Gestionnaire du Wiki FR - Bijoutier des TdM

ChHarm
Beta Tester

Post by ChHarm » 25 May 2016, 16:39

16. will you still be able to put things in the air ? That would make walls useless

• Answer: Most likely not. Or not high.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 25 May 2016, 16:41

17: Are there any changes to the alignment system in the CBT.

• Answer: We are not planning changes.

18: Will we be able to test out the war system in the CBT.

• Answer: In later stages of beta testing.

19: Will role/privilege limitations be implemented in the CBT.

• Answer: Same as above, in later beta stages.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Larainan

Post by Larainan » 25 May 2016, 17:44

20. Will we as Lifeyo server owners absolutely have to wipe when the tests begin or can we keep our lifeyo servers seperate from the mmo maps and changes while the testing is going on. I personally would prefer to keep my world intact until the very last minute possible.

I had read the skill cap would be 600 in the past now you are saying 400 is that subject to change? Or are you planning to take things like gathering and terraforming off the cap limits?

• Answer: Not related. LiF:YO and MMO are two separate games.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 25 May 2016, 17:56

21: On the official CBT notice, it includes whether the resources will be reshuffled. Is this for the beginning of that testing phase, or after the phase is completed?

• Answer: At the end of the phase.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Diablo1903
Zealous Believer

Post by Diablo1903 » 25 May 2016, 18:12

22. Will the CBT have all the different monument types available for testing?

• Answer: Not sure what you mean. There will be guild monuments, yes. Like in LiF:YO.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 25 May 2016, 18:13

23. I was under the impression that CBT will last few weeks and then YO owners will be allowed to test stability. After reading the news it looks like "couple of weeks" + "few months" months away so ~september/october at best, right?

• Answer: Depends on how tests will go.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 25 May 2016, 18:19

24. Will some form of the minigames be available within the CBT for testing?

• Answer Yes, along with mobile app to play them :)

Old-LadyBothilda

Post by Old-LadyBothilda » 25 May 2016, 18:37

25. Will the CBT have a working starting City with some of the features that have been mentioned?

(i.e. rooms for rent, property for sale)

• Answer: Starting city will be in WIP stage in first phases of testing. It will be completed in later phases. Renting etc will be available in later stages of testing.

Nugs
Beta Tester

Post by Nugs » 25 May 2016, 18:45

26. What is the cutoff date for having purchased the game to be considered for the early waves of the alpha/beta for MMO?

• Answer: Purchase of LiF:YO is not related to MMO CBT access.

Old-LadyBothilda

Post by Old-LadyBothilda » 25 May 2016, 19:02

27. Will the monuments work differently in the CBT than LiF:YO?

• Answer: They will work almost the same way. But guild diplomacy, guild management and land/property management and access rights will be more detailed and flexible, than in LiF:YO. During wave 0, there will be more simple guilds management, but we will implement it in full details soon.

Gordon der Eiserne
Devoted Believer

Post by Gordon der Eiserne » 25 May 2016, 20:46

28. Is Beta Wave #1 for the Alpha Tester in YO? (no Gold Player )

Good Work Team :good:

• Answer: Not sure what you mean. There is no Alpha Tester in YO. There are two groups, Alpha Testers and Beta Testers who join in the first stages of testing.

Booyaah
Beta Tester

Post by Booyaah » 25 May 2016, 20:55

29. Can you give us an idea on what is the tentative criteria for selecting players for Beta Wave #1?

As I think was mentioned before, most of us would want to bring some active guild members along with us from an obvious social aspect. Being able to apply as a guild leader for 10 keys would be nice. I think Bobik originally said like expect 2-4 week head start for alpha testers...having to wait another entire year from now it is probably going to be hard to keep all our ppl interested with just YO.

• Answer: We're still considering this. But firstly we would like to see how MMO performs with a help of our most dedicated fans that actually saw MMO tests in 2014, and proven that they can provide feedback.

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer

Post by Unbeaten » 25 May 2016, 21:20

Booyaah wrote:Can you give us an idea on what is the tentative criteria for selecting players for Beta Wave #1?

As I think was mentioned before, most of us would want to bring some active guild members along with us from an obvious social aspect. Being able to apply as a guild leader for 10 keys would be nice. I think Bobik originally said like expect 2-4 week head start for alpha testers...having to wait another entire year from now it is probably going to be hard to keep all our ppl interested with just YO.

How could this be done without inviting everyone, for everyone's guilds. Other tests for other games have involved community invites with leader + 10 to establish atleast ground work and a functioning city. This is something I would like to see considered. Instead its a lot of some certain guilds and few others.

30. Will the MMO have any types of territory or alliance system? I have heard once that you may have to subjugate to a kingdom or nation.

• Answer: There will be alliances. The rest is answered in question 27.

Matt7glass

Post by Matt7glass » 25 May 2016, 23:11

very excited really do enjoy this game can not wait for the mmorpg. I have been gaming since D&D was the only rpg. have had an account with EQ since 99 and have not looked forward to a game like I'am with this one. Hope I get a chance to get into early beta testing really do enjoy watching games progress and helping find bugs in them so the game can be polished by release. hats off to you great game cant wait for release.

Ninjanomnom
Beta Tester

Post by Ninjanomnom » 26 May 2016, 00:52

32. What state is the npc/spawn city going to be in?

• Answer: Answered in question 25.

33. Will the mmo test have content updates or is it going to be updates focused more on server stability.

• Answer: Stability is a priority, but once it will be polished, we will switch to a content creation for both LiF:YO and LiF:MMO simultaneously.

34. Are there plans for any rewards like silly hats (or otherwise) for taking part in the mmo test.

• Answer: None so far, but why not :) At least they can expect an unique title.

Return to General Discussion