two suggestions for indiegogo

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

SaresITA89
Alpha Tester

two suggestions for indiegogo

Post by SaresITA89 » 02 Nov 2013, 06:38

Hello,

1)

That I believe the video of the trailer is a little too little.

After various disappointments sandbox, I believe That people want to see somthing blackberries before making a donation.

Also I was hoping for a video that showed more of what's at stake.

2)
Write down who will be a b2p

sorry for my english

Bobik
Project Leader

Re: two suggestions for indiegogo

Post by Bobik » 02 Nov 2013, 08:59

Yes, we are planning to make video updates soon, or maybe it's gonna be "let's play"-like live streams.

I do not understand your last question, sorry.

Virdill
Alpha Tester

Post by Virdill » 02 Nov 2013, 09:05

I think he meant, that it is better to specify in more detail or put more on display will be a B2P game, in fact I think if you specify that the game after purchased, without subscription and with a shop, a lot more people will buy the pre-purchased ;)
Sorry for my bad English

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 02 Nov 2013, 09:13

You are right, for some strange reason that part had disappeared. will fix it now :good:

Bjord

Post by Bjord » 02 Nov 2013, 10:06

Just one question:

Why are you asking for so much money? €150 for instant access for example, is a real punch in the kidney. €200,000 is asking for a lot.

Seryoga

Post by Seryoga » 02 Nov 2013, 11:17

I also find it a bit unfortunate that it costs so much to participate in the alpha / beta. Was hoping that it will cost a maximum of 30 € to participate in the beta.

SaresITA89
Alpha Tester

Post by SaresITA89 » 02 Nov 2013, 11:19

Bobik wrote:Yes, we are planning to make video updates soon, or maybe it's gonna be "let's play"-like live streams.

I do not understand your last question, sorry.

1 - Well, but do it before the campaign is over, you will have many more people who will try to finance gambling

2 - this :

Virdill wrote:I think he meant, that it is better to specify in more detail or put more on display will be a B2P game, in fact I think if you specify that the game after purchased, without subscription and with a shop, a lot more people will buy the pre-purchased ;)

SaresITA89
Alpha Tester

Post by SaresITA89 » 02 Nov 2013, 11:23

Seryoga wrote:I also find it a bit unfortunate that it costs so much to participate in the alpha / beta. Was hoping that it will cost a maximum of 30 € to participate in the beta.

with 30 €, you buy a game b2p, in an age where a game costs 50 €
I think 30 € without the beta, are right

but I believe that those who pay 50 €, needs access to the second beta.

Virdill
Alpha Tester

Post by Virdill » 02 Nov 2013, 11:29

SaresITA89 wrote:with 30 €, you buy a game b2p, in an age where a game costs 50 €
I think 30 € without the beta, are right

but I believe that those who pay 50 €, needs access to the second beta.

Quote ;)
Sorry for my bad English

Balariand
Alpha Tester

Post by Balariand » 02 Nov 2013, 12:37

Greetings,

I don't know whether you can change the perks and stuff of the indiegogo.com campaign while it is running, but you should if you can. Banok made a thread in the cRPG forum (a very popular mod for M&B) and it has over 1k views. The problem is, the last 3 or more pages are filled with complaints about the price of the beta access... People seem to expect to pay WAY less than 90€ for Beta access and some even think 200.000 € in total is to much.

Sincerely, Balariand

En_Dotter

Post by En_Dotter » 02 Nov 2013, 12:57

Seryoga wrote:I also find it a bit unfortunate that it costs so much to participate in the alpha / beta. Was hoping that it will cost a maximum of 30 € to participate in the beta.

Well, if i were to make a game i would have done the same. If i want to testers then i would also like to pick them up myself. But in order to test an MMO then i need a lot of people. Now, i also do not want a real big bunch that might lead only to playing the game instead of testing and reporting the problems and/or solutions to the game. "Hight" price for alpha/beta participation seems totally ok in my opinion.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 02 Nov 2013, 13:02

Firstly, i had corrected that b2p part, it should be ok now.

Secondly, we are not trying to sell that game. We are trying to get funds that are NEEDED to continue our next year of development. It is not like our greed or something like that - we need those money, or we will be simply forced to cease development and there will be no alphas or betas neither for 30€ nor for 150€.
I do understand these complains, but at least you guys here should understand that even alpha and beta it is not sending away some copies of not so finished game. It is whole infrastructure that should be up, ready and working. If we could afford that big infrastructure, we would lower the price and let everyone get in for a 2-5€ or for free...

Balariand
Alpha Tester

Post by Balariand » 02 Nov 2013, 13:14

Well, tbh I am against the "buy your access" system in general. What I was trying to point out is, it would be better to have 100 people pledging 15€ instead of 10 people pleding 90€.

Sincerely, Balariand

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 02 Nov 2013, 13:22

they can pledge any amount, you know :) Bad things with all those successful campaigns, that many times they fail to provide what they've been asked for. And if we will have ALOT of alpha testers our servers won't be able to hold that for sure and that will return in even more disappointment.

Balariand
Alpha Tester

Post by Balariand » 02 Nov 2013, 13:37

Yeah they can pledge any amount, and I do realize that the amount of testers is supposed to be limited. But, you know that many people on the Interwebz are a bit... strange. They will probably think: "90€ for beta?(Assuming that Beta access is the main reason for the majority of people to pledge) Greedy fucks wont get anything from me!" And that way you might loose many potential backers. I honestly broke my head the last 20 minutes trying to solve that, but I couldn't find a way ^^

Sincerely, Balariand

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 02 Nov 2013, 13:57

Well, at least we got some support, so right now we just have to spread the word with double force. Internet is big and i really think that there are enough geeks that will like some or all of our features and will be able to donate something.

Balariand
Alpha Tester

Post by Balariand » 02 Nov 2013, 13:59

Let's hope so, I can't even imagine running around the rest of my life thinking "You ALMOST had an awesome game!" :D

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 02 Nov 2013, 14:13

Do not say that anymore, i am about to cry :cry:
:D :crazy:

Kuroi
Alpha Tester

Post by Kuroi » 02 Nov 2013, 14:43

let's just spread the word, i already sent like 20 mails to the major mmorpg websites, i'm gonna "find them" if they don't even write a news about it...

Kerbox
Alpha Tester

Post by Kerbox » 02 Nov 2013, 19:06

In my honest opinion, potential donators including people like me are most interested in a perk that would give them alpha or beta access and willing to donate up to that amount to gain that access as long as the amount is reasonable.

I chose the 30 euro donation and that will be my final decision. Had the beta access been 50 euros I would have been enticed and extremely tempted (it's just human nature) to put down 20 euros more and the odds are that I would have done it. So now instead of getting 50 in donations, you end up with 30 from one donator. This is a scenario that will probably be repeated with other donators too.

I know you guys making this game are not greedy, but people can be persuaded by tempting them with reasonable prices for perks that give players something they think is really worth putting some more money down for. It is more uncommon to see people donate larger amounts for almost nothing in return. This is something to think about.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 02 Nov 2013, 19:51

I'm just curious how you propose to get 200k within about one and a half months... You'd need like 4-5k donations every day.

Is this realistic?

After all, if you don't succeed with it you will end up getting nothing out of it, right?

finalreview
Alpha Tester

Post by finalreview » 03 Nov 2013, 00:30

I've been thinking about this all day, and the best I can come up is something similar to this:

22EUR(30$US) Game is purchased.
(Unlimited)

26EUR(35$US) Closed Backer section, be involved in discussions.
(Unlimited)

35EUR(47$US) Increased Authority Skill @ release (and alpha betas if they get in)
(Unlimited)

50EUR(67$US) BETA-II Access.
(1000 Available = 50000EUR)

60EUR(81$US) BETA-I Access.
(500 Available = 30000EUR)

70EUR(95$US) "Untouchable Game Supporter" Lifetime Title* + ALL Previous Perks! * Slightly Bigger Alignment Penalty to your Murderer
(500 Available = 35000EUR)

80EUR(108$US) Closed ALPHA-III Access.
(300 Available = 24000EUR)

90EUR(122$US) Closed ALPHA-II Access.
(200 Available = 18000EUR)

110EUR(149$US Average price of a MMORPG Collectors Edition) Instant Closed ALPHA Access (100 Available = 11000EUR)

Limiting amount available increases demand while protecting against failing to provide access to alpha/beta. With this system we would have:

Total funds (including only limited perks with alpha access) = 168,000 EUROS

Total number of players with access to specific levels of alpha - beta phases: (add 211 extra for those who purchase house rental perks)

ALPHA-I - 100
ALPHA-II - 300
ALPHA-III - 600
BETA-I - 1600
BETA-II - 2600

I have no clue what Bobik expects the different phases to be able to handle player wise but this seems plausible. The prices of the Tiny Shack - Big House rentals could be lowered to something like 120-160EUR or about 38000EUR total. Otherwise we are going to have an empty city! I think the Keep/Castle price is good though.

So in total not counting the unlimited perks below 50EUR or the Keep/Castle perk we are looking at a total of 193,000EUR.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 03 Nov 2013, 08:28

Siegbert wrote:I'm just curious how you propose to get 200k within about one and a half months... You'd need like 4-5k donations every day.

Is this realistic?

After all, if you don't succeed with it you will end up getting nothing out of it, right?

On other hand it will be even more worse for us, if we will sell alpha access for cheap and that will end up in overcrowded, laggy and crashing server that will neither good for testing, nor good for players.
And after all we will end up without obligations that will be more expensive for us to fulfill and that would stall our development even more.
Anyway, we can't change reward prices of already claimed rewards neither we can change overall goal and type of campaign.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 03 Nov 2013, 09:57

Bobik wrote:
Siegbert wrote:I'm just curious how you propose to get 200k within about one and a half months... You'd need like 4-5k donations every day.

Is this realistic?

On other hand it will be even more worse for us, if we will sell alpha access for cheap and that will end up in overcrowded, laggy and crashing server that will neither good for testing, nor good for players.
And after all we will end up without obligations that will be more expensive for us to fulfill and that would stall our development even more.
Anyway, we can't change reward prices of already claimed rewards neither we can change overall goal and type of campaign.

I wasn't talking about alpha access. You may handle this as you wish afaic. I just think it's highly unlikely to meet the overall goal of 200k, unless you have any marketing trick going on I'm not aware of.

So, assuming the first crowd funding fails, will there be another one at a later time, or will you just quit working on it?

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 03 Nov 2013, 12:59

Sounds more like a quit to me so far... and trust me - i don't really want to do that.

Rigan

Post by Rigan » 03 Nov 2013, 13:13

It's a shame you couldn't get on kickstarter due to region, I had never even heard of Indiegogo until a friend on here linked me too it.

I think a lot of people must be in the same boat and unaware of it with kickstarter being in the limelight.

I wish it all success, however I must agree I find the alpha and beta prices far too expensive, and what comes to my mind is,

if it's 30 euro to pledge and that buys me the game, well I might aswell just wait and spend that same 30 euro IF the game ever comes out in a couple of years.

I know the game never will come out without pledges. But my point here is, people who are unaware of the game before this indiegogo don't have an attachment to it and won't care if it never comes out, and I don't think there is a big enough following.

On a positive note, have you guys reached out to MMO sites and see if anyone is interested in doing a Q and A with you? might help to spread the word even more.

En_Dotter

Post by En_Dotter » 03 Nov 2013, 19:31

You have totally forgot about one thing when it comes to crowd funding - small teams (aka mates) and clans.
Lets say it like this. I have 4 more friends and we play cRPG together. We like the game, and we want it (i mean is there a sane person that wouldnt like this game???). Now we look at the prices and there is no benefit for being a team. So we want to donate enough so it could be considered as a bought to play. That means 5 of us would need to give you 150euro total. Price seems fine, but one of us cant afford it or 2 (and we cant pay for them cus we cant afford it). Why not make it 125 euro total for 5 people (25 per person).
Now clans, 10 people same 25/person (250 euro total, so u "lose" 50e) and they can have guy with bigger land claim or something. 20 people clan would get it for maybe 20e with previous perk + maybe some other gift (400 euro insted of 600).
Why this?

First case: 4 of us can afford the game and that would be total of 120e by current prices, so we can easily add 1.25euro each to buy it for the 5th mate. Same goes for clan purchase. We all donate a bit to have more people. Also, by having ppl going to play a new game other clans might as well.
It is automatic marketing - one game loses player base and demands that the rest of players go with the rest.
Simple math, huge profit (or better said huge donations!).
If this campaign fails (looking at the 1st 3 days results i think it will :( ) make a new one with better marketing. I know little about marketing but at least i know how players think (or i think i know).
Best of luck with this and expect my donation soon as well.
Last edited by En_Dotter on 03 Nov 2013, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

Kuroi
Alpha Tester

Post by Kuroi » 03 Nov 2013, 19:41

En_Dotter wrote:So we want to donate enough so it could be considered as a bought to play. That means 5 of us would need to give you 150euro. Price seems fine, but one of us cant afford it or 2

alpha is not playing... it's testing...

if you want to play you wait for release and in the meanwhile you donate as much as you can afford in order to not let the campaign fail...

En_Dotter

Post by En_Dotter » 03 Nov 2013, 19:55

Kuroi wrote:
En_Dotter wrote:So we want to donate enough so it could be considered as a bought to play. That means 5 of us would need to give you 150euro. Price seems fine, but one of us cant afford it or 2

if you want to play you wait for release and in the meanwhile you donate as much as you can afford in order to not let the campaign fail...

I know what i am talking about. I never mentioned tests. I meant playing. And this game cannot wait for actual buy 2 play if they dont get funded. My post is about that - encouraging methods for funding and being able to play the game once its out.

Kuroi
Alpha Tester

Post by Kuroi » 03 Nov 2013, 20:15

En_Dotter wrote:
Kuroi wrote:

I know what i am talking about. I never mentioned tests. I meant playing. And this game cannot wait for actual buy 2 play if they dont get funded. My post is about that - encouraging methods for funding and being able to play the game once its out.

...sorry but i don't understand then =P

if your friends can't afford to give 150, just give 30, no?

EDIT: ok, now i get it, you meant 150 in total, not everyone of you

Return to General Discussion