Request for all old and new users

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Arrakis

Request for all old and new users

Post by Arrakis » 17 Dec 2013, 23:45

Dear Users

I am observing your efforts on Life is Feudal forums for quite some time, I am observing all recent topics, your suggestions about the game and your questions about it, and this is where some big issue is present.

Actually I am shocked how many people are starting discussions and asking questions that were already answered, making suggestions about things that were already made, arguing about the things that have been already explained.

That problem appears mostly because one single reason, most of you coming here don't spare time for reading all FAQs, both Archived and Interactive ones, very few have watched developer's stream recorded by Bobik for you, so you would understand the game mechanics, so you didn't have to ask more questions.

LiF team have put a lot of effort to give you all the informations that you might need when you come in here not knowing more about the game that you've seen in promo video or heard from your friend that recommended you that site.

I humbly ask you, all of you, old users and new users to first familirize yourselves with FAQs and Developer's Stream, because most of the questions you have asked or you want to ask are already answered. There is so much information on the website itself and forums that I really can't understand why some people don't care to read any of that and they just start random questions and such.

Please, before asking a question check if it wasn't answered already or the information wasn't provided earlier on the website itself.
Before posting a suggestion familirize yourself with the game mechanics and it's bases, because you must understand, that what was made here by the developers team is mostly finished content that will change only slightly and propably only when there is something missing or something is problematic.

So again, for those who skipped their lecture please follow these links below:

Trust me, if you do so it will make everything a lot simpler for you and the forum administration/developers team, and also forum itself will be cleaner.

Hopefully you will agree with me and you will spend some time on reading all information there is provided before asking some really silly questions or making strange, really illogical suggestions.

Sincirely
Arrakis

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Re: Request for all old and new users

Post by Thokan » 17 Dec 2013, 23:51

There should definitely be an encouragement in big shiny letters here on the forums for people using the search button, as it is not always obvious for new members that they have to search to receive information.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 18 Dec 2013, 00:06

Yeah, I will put forward this suggestion to Bobik, because indeed there is hard to tell at first visit where are all these things, but if people want to know answers for their questions, it's really simple to use 'search' module, and if there is something that isn't written here, it was surely said on developer's stream.

Anyway, hopefully Bobik will add some announcement or something like that that will forward new people to these topics, but I believe even then this problem will still exist because some people just don't want to spend an hour reading about the game or watching that 2hr video that Bobik was making at late night.

I reall wish more people would appreciate what he has done for all people here, those present here and those who are yet to visit this website.

HamsterPants

Post by HamsterPants » 18 Dec 2013, 00:31

Arrakis09 wrote:Yeah, I will put forward this suggestion to Bobik, because indeed there is hard to tell at first visit where are all these things, but if people want to know answers for their questions, it's really simple to use 'search' module, and if there is something that isn't written here, it was surely said on developer's stream.

Anyway, hopefully Bobik will add some announcement or something like that that will forward new people to these topics, but I believe even then this problem will still exist because some people just don't want to spend an hour reading about the game or watching that 2hr video that Bobik was making at late night.

I reall wish more people would appreciate what he has done for all people here, those present here and those who are yet to visit this website.
I agree. And this is especially the case for true sandbox games like this one. The last time I got into a sandbox game, I spent an entire month reading the wikis before actually playing. It's just generally important to understand these things, and much less of a burden on everyone else if people do everything they can to look for the answers to their questions before having to ask.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 18 Dec 2013, 07:59

I've just read that topic and made a correction here: http://lifeisfeudal.com/FAQ

I don't really see any better ways to force people to read before posting questions. Well, maybe make a banner on front page leading to FAQ thred? :D But that's too much IMHO 8-)

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 18 Dec 2013, 09:59

Bobik wrote:I don't really see any better ways to force people to read before posting questions. Well, maybe make a banner on front page leading to FAQ thred? :D But that's too much IMHO 8-)

Wouldn't an announcement thread with the message "Please read this before posting", links to the FAQs and guide how to use the search function have the same effect?

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 18 Dec 2013, 10:03

I am afraid we will have to pay less attention to this occurence as it will disappear at once when the game will be started and Wiki will be filled with useful info, while any attemt to defeat laziness-monster is a lost battle. People will just keep coming and ask genuine, unique and thrilling questions that noone else was able to think of.

Pehaps we can create a separate branch on the forum for questions where both devs and players can answer questions?
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 18 Dec 2013, 14:21

Thokan wrote:
Bobik wrote:I don't really see any better ways to force people to read before posting questions. Well, maybe make a banner on front page leading to FAQ thred? :D But that's too much IMHO 8-)

Wouldn't an announcement thread with the message "Please read this before posting", links to the FAQs and guide how to use the search function have the same effect?

There is already a sticky thread by Falke with forum rules. I don't really want to spam with announcements threads, because each announcement thread lowers value of all others.

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 18 Dec 2013, 14:27

Bobik wrote:
Thokan wrote:

There is already a sticky thread by Falke with forum rules. I don't really want to spam with announcements threads, because each announcement thread lowers value of all others.

Gotcha. Indeed.

HamsterPants

Post by HamsterPants » 18 Dec 2013, 15:29

It's not right to force people to do anything, but I think that creating incentives to research before asking is a good way, and it also respects the intelligence of people who already went in planning to do that.

Return to General Discussion