Using disconnection as an escape!?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Tusak

Using disconnection as an escape!?

Post by Tusak » 16 Feb 2014, 02:19

For example, you outmaneuver the other clan or you outnumbered them. What if they disconnect?

Another problem can be offline sieges. You and your four other mates found a clan and you claimed somewhere. You built a castle on your territory.

When you are offline, another five people came and conquered there and all the efforts, puff, gone.

Or what if your internet is gone and you got dc'ed.

Is there a solution for this type of problems happens to be a lot in this game?

Let's discuss.
Last edited by Tusak on 16 Feb 2014, 02:25, edited 1 time in total.

Cloud
Alpha Tester

Re: Using disconnection as an escape!?

Post by Cloud » 16 Feb 2014, 02:23

Tusak wrote:For example, you outmaneuver the other clan or you outnumbered them. What if they disconnect?

Another problem can be offline sieges. You and your four other mates found a clan and you claimed somewhere. You built a castle on your territory.

When you are offline, another five people came and conquer there and all the efforts, puff, gone.

Or what if your internet is gone and you got dc'ed.

Is there a solution for this type of problems happens to be a lot in this game?

Let's discuss.

Maybe put a timer after you log out?

Raxx
Alpha Tester

Post by Raxx » 16 Feb 2014, 08:13

It's easily fixed with a timer, let's say 30 sec -1 min. As for the claiming I don't that's possible without declaring siege, and that will probably not be possible to do instantly. A siege will probably have a timer aswell up to the day after it's declared to give time to plan and prepare for both parts. Though i'm sure bobik can clarify

Druss
Alpha Tester

Post by Druss » 16 Feb 2014, 10:07

He has the ninja seiges covered look it up under game info its there. There will be no 4 am seiges when you are offline you will know it is coming and be able to have time to get people there and prepare defense

Olloch
Alpha Tester

Post by Olloch » 16 Feb 2014, 10:16

Combat logging prolly needs to be looked at but judging by all the other things Bobik and his team has thought of. I'm sure this one is already solved :)
May my enemies live long so they can see me progress.

Antiblitz

Post by Antiblitz » 16 Feb 2014, 16:03

doubt alot of people have played Haven & Hearth, however, considering the inspiration this game gleams from it, i can only expect similarities. In H&H, logging during a fight meant death, as you were at that time under the eye of the enemy, and if you logged out, you would just stand there. The only way to safely log out was to not be "aggroed" by the enemy. I can only assume the same thing would be in place here. Once aggression is shown the player cant log out, or simply an area where if a player who isnt deemed a "friend" is in will hinder your log out. So even if spotted, but not aggroed persay, the player cant simply safely log.

I really wouldnt worry to much about it, the dev team seems to be on top of their game more so then other companies we have dealt with. They have learned from the mistakes and failures of others, and i can only assume will not let this feeble idea go to waste.

Roycelbaker

Post by Roycelbaker » 16 Feb 2014, 21:13

I've been playing a lot of rust lately and watching the Game of Thrones. An Idea popped in my head... Why not Rust with a Game of Thrones Theme. Then it hit me. A persistent world. A place to start out from the bottom. build a house, claim a territory, survive like in medieval times. I went to the computer and googled medieval sandbox game. I was surprised when I found Life is Feudal. It's everything I imagined in my mind. I want to play this game. I want to build a kingdom. This game has so much potential to be great.

I have an idea about combat loggers. In Rust when you log out your body falls to the ground asleep. You can be killed while offline(sleeping) and looted. This would be a great solution and very realistic.

While you are sleeping in your house/keep/castle you can be raided and killed. Just like in real life. Add sleepers to your game and people will love it.

Kossako
Alpha Tester

Post by Kossako » 16 Feb 2014, 21:34

Roycelbaker wrote:I've been playing a lot of rust lately and watching the Game of Thrones. An Idea popped in my head... Why not Rust with a Game of Thrones Theme. Then it hit me. A persistent world. A place to start out from the bottom. build a house, claim a territory, survive like in medieval times. I went to the computer and googled medieval sandbox game. I was surprised when I found Life is Feudal. It's everything I imagined in my mind. I want to play this game. I want to build a kingdom. This game has so much potential to be great.

I have an idea about combat loggers. In Rust when you log out your body falls to the ground asleep. You can be killed while offline(sleeping) and looted. This would be a great solution and very realistic.

While you are sleeping in your house/keep/castle you can be raided and killed. Just like in real life. Add sleepers to your game and people will love it.

No thanks.

Killing someone when he is offline have nothing to do with fun. If you want someone stuff kill him in battle. That at least requires some effort.
Last edited by Kossako on 16 Feb 2014, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.
Skills and crafting information: lif-database-application-t1494

Build your first home for newbies guide: first-house-guide-to-new-players-t1432

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 16 Feb 2014, 21:38

As this is a MMO game and not a simulator there is a breaking point where too much realism just becomes torture.

Killing people offline just doesnt make sense. This is not a death-simulator like Rust or DayZ.

That said, it would be nice to see some kind of incentive to logging off at your bed, aka sleeping. Logout delay for combat is a obvious given.

Roycelbaker

Post by Roycelbaker » 16 Feb 2014, 21:41

What would determine you to be in battle?

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 16 Feb 2014, 21:44

Roycelbaker wrote:What would determine you to be in battle?

A simple combat mode would work. A time frame of you recieving or dealing damage.

But imo the option of just setting a timer on log out all on all is the most viable option.

Roycelbaker

Post by Roycelbaker » 17 Feb 2014, 01:14

So if I wanted to log out I would have to be in a safe place and wait a certain amount of time? That sounds reasonable. I still like the idea of sleepers. It would cause you to better fortify your settlements and would add more risk to the game. I like a game where I risk losing all I have. Games today have too many easy buttons, I like hardcore gameplay. I would like a timer put on respawning. At least 1 day. Make people think before going out and trying to kill you just because there is no risk and they can respawn instantly and come back for another try.

Cloud
Alpha Tester

Post by Cloud » 17 Feb 2014, 02:10

Roycelbaker wrote:What would determine you to be in battle?

Getting a attacked/ within a certain range of a enemy..(Someone with red name or w/e)

Roycelbaker

Post by Roycelbaker » 17 Feb 2014, 02:46

I hope there is no name tags in the game unless you are in a group.

Drakes821
Alpha Tester

Post by Drakes821 » 17 Feb 2014, 03:50

As other's have said a simple logout timer would suffice, 10 seconds in a safe zone and 1 minute everywhere else. It resets on any movement or damage taken.

I don't think there's any need to complicate it, best to stick with something that's proven and works.

Olloch
Alpha Tester

Post by Olloch » 17 Feb 2014, 03:52

Royce your name only shows up when a player mouses over you. They are NOT persistent.
May my enemies live long so they can see me progress.

Sting5

Post by Sting5 » 17 Feb 2014, 05:10

Thokan wrote:As this is a MMO game and not a simulator there is a breaking point where too much realism just becomes torture.

Killing people offline just doesnt make sense. This is not a death-simulator like Rust or DayZ.
I agree - we can't enjoy a simulator, when it becomes too much realistic - You can enjoy game depicting reality, but not becoming one.
We have to concentrate on how to make this game close to reality, implement an enormous amount of features and possibilities. But when those features and options would make You afraid to log out... Not a good idea :)

P.S. In DayZ characted doesn't stay on map when logged out as in Rust, this is not a common thing in MMO'S.
QUAERO TOTUS

Nalle
Alpha Tester

Post by Nalle » 18 Feb 2014, 06:47

Just putting a timer on loggout, also a timer on when a "siege" is actually in effect.

Zennie

Post by Zennie » 18 Feb 2014, 20:53

Well, I wouldn't even think about it.

In EVE when you disconnect you warp on a random place and stay in game for some time (and even more if engaged in a combat). You can be probed out and, obviously, killed.

In Wurm it depends on your location and whether there are enemies around. If you are on your deed (bought land) and no enemies nearby, you log off instantly. If you are in wilderness, you log off after 1 min, if there are enemies in your local, you log off after 5 mins. You can be attacked and due to Wurm erm sophisticated combat you can actually kill potential wild animal that would attack you, but there's a high risk you'd end up dead instead.

So, I wouldn't really worry about this.

Return to General Discussion