Wurm Online Representing.

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Haydn

Re: Wurm Online Representing.

Post by Haydn » 11 Jun 2014, 07:30

wutup.

JKH, Epic.

Firefly7

Post by Firefly7 » 14 Jun 2014, 18:35

Hi my name is Cobb

LuisMH

Post by LuisMH » 20 Jun 2014, 20:02

hi!
Lavatar here.
Looking forward to play this game with the people I've met in Wurm.
Maybe this time I can be "friends" with that Posteh guy and he won't kill me.
Maybe I can kill that Touchmee dude now... I would love that...
I just wish Moonpoppy wasn't here... oh well...

Touchmee
Alpha Tester

Post by Touchmee » 20 Jun 2014, 21:30

Never was able and never will be!!!!

Good to see you around here mate!

Velsh82

Post by Velsh82 » 21 Jun 2014, 18:17

Greetings.... I used to play wurm.... but left after I lost my acc and my money after being being out for 6 month with my work (where stationed in afghan...) and now Im just looking forward for lif :D

Moonpoppy
Alpha Tester

Post by Moonpoppy » 26 Jun 2014, 09:58

If any Wurm players are Alpha-Testing, give me a shout :)

Darkfear
Alpha Tester

Post by Darkfear » 26 Jun 2014, 10:56

I am a long-time Wurm Online player and although it has a pretty poor PVP aspect I like the PVE.

From the videos LiF looks very encouraging. It appears as though the developers have learned from Wurm's mistakes.

I am looking forward to trying the game out.

Spindraft

Post by Spindraft » 26 Jun 2014, 13:35

Howdy
It looks like the Epic PvP crowd is representing so I figured I would introduce my non-pvp WURM character. I am Fitter with deeds on Independence and Xanadu. I don't usually play PvP and don't really believe it to be a requirement for player interaction as the devs imply on this site but I have been waiting for a more advanced version of the game I love. Look forward to giving LiF a go.

Seeker
Alpha Tester

Post by Seeker » 04 Jul 2014, 13:26

Hey guys got a querstion. Does it take as long to build things in this game as in Wurm?
black-company-t1439/ Recruiting young mongrels, misfits and noobs since 2014) 'One day we will find our homeland!'

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/blackc ... 9431228985

Robino
Alpha Tester

Post by Robino » 20 Jul 2014, 08:43

hi all

I just signed up for the alpha. Looking forward to a game where the combat system makes a little more sense.

I'm hoping for some awesome pvp

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 22 Jul 2014, 00:57

Seeker wrote:Hey guys got a querstion. Does it take as long to build things in this game as in Wurm?

I hope you got a chance to check it out in the last Alpha since I saw your name floating around the chat :)

My impressions were that it will, but that it all depends on your support structure as far as your guild/community and quality of tools. That part seems to be very similar to Wurm.

The game has a serious Wurm-esque feel to it, but the terraforming system alone is vastly superior in my opinion. In order to level a block I stand in that cell and click level on the one next to it. It levels that targeted cell to the one I'm standing on. Wurm was easy once you figured it out, but this system is soooo much easier from the start!

Akiyama10
Alpha Tester

Post by Akiyama10 » 25 Jul 2014, 15:11

Honor to Magnaron! I am Akiyama from the great mountain Monastery in Xanadu.. when i say mountain i mean hill next to a lake.. because building on the top of a mountain is really hard XD

Jackburton

Post by Jackburton » 26 Jul 2014, 00:29

I'm drunk right now. how about you guys?

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 26 Jul 2014, 12:38

Krevente wrote:
Seeker wrote:Hey guys got a querstion. Does it take as long to build things in this game as in Wurm?

I hope you got a chance to check it out in the last Alpha since I saw your name floating around the chat :)

My impressions were that it will, but that it all depends on your support structure as far as your guild/community and quality of tools. That part seems to be very similar to Wurm.

The game has a serious Wurm-esque feel to it, but the terraforming system alone is vastly superior in my opinion. In order to level a block I stand in that cell and click level on the one next to it. It levels that targeted cell to the one I'm standing on. Wurm was easy once you figured it out, but this system is soooo much easier from the start!

The grind will be an acceptable time and not pure drudgery. Skill and stat caps will make your character in LiF specialized.

MachineMedic
Alpha Tester

Post by MachineMedic » 26 Jul 2014, 21:31

Another on-and-off Wurm player here.

I've been on and off of Wurm a few times over the last few years, going on adventures, picking a place to settle, then getting bored from the ludicrous amount of grinding, and being demotivated by the limited number and size of uncivilized spaces in which to build in Independence.

I've really fallen in love with the depth and primal adventure behind Wurm online, but I've never been quite able to successfully get over it's shortcomings enough to enjoy it for more than a week or three at a time.

The biggest thing that probably puts me off from Wurm is the knowledge of the fact that once you have a stable dwelling with a source of food, water, and safety... you don't really have anything else to do or worry about other than mind-numbing levels of maintenance, and paying your monthly dues - both for your character, AND your property deed.

I've had many similar experiences with quite a few Minecraft and FTB servers as well - albeit with 100% fewer monthly fees.

I'm hoping that LiF will finally break the conventional style of linear "beginning to end" progression with it's new mechanics such as: faster skill leveling with the addition of caps on the amount of high-level skills you can have at any given time. Rather than - for instance - spending 9-12 months in Wurm just grinding *thousands* of trees to get to the point where you can succeed at sawing wooden planks more than 90% of the time, the focus here will hopefully be more on finding and balancing the skills you find most important and useful for your own needs.

Really looking forward to this game as a significant improvement on everything that has come before it. :Yahoo!:

Robino
Alpha Tester

Post by Robino » 28 Jul 2014, 08:25

MachineMedic makes good points.

Wurm's levelling and creation mechanics have been said to be 'old style' game design. Endless grinding while stood in the same spot. Minecraft showed us that you need to be always doing something to advance. I hope LiF takes some inspiration from that.

Artaus
Beta Tester

Post by Artaus » 01 Aug 2014, 02:09

Hey,

I'm on Chaos Kingdom of Jehn-Kellon :D

Unruhmike
Alpha Tester

Post by Unruhmike » 03 Aug 2014, 22:56

baramor here from elevation MR.

Torgrim

Post by Torgrim » 07 Aug 2014, 07:45

\o/

OTMatt

Post by OTMatt » 08 Aug 2014, 05:27

Was a 4 month player of wurm around 6 years ago, built a small fort with 8 other guys until a team of 4 high level dudes destroyed it all.

I have to say though that was the best teamwork ive ever seen and I hope this game can do the same.

Jackburton

Post by Jackburton » 08 Aug 2014, 22:19

OTMatt, do you still play the game that comes with the forums?

OTMatt

Post by OTMatt » 08 Aug 2014, 22:43

Jackburton wrote:OTMatt, do you still play the game that comes with the forums?

Occasionally, I mainly play another WW2 game now.

Funny I just realized theres a lot of players here from the ww2 mmo.

Gnatthegnome

Post by Gnatthegnome » 26 Aug 2014, 04:46

Another wurm refugee here. My entire family played, and, well, got bored and tired of the crashes, etc. I've been quietly following this game for months, and the more I see the more I'm convinced my whole group from Pristine/Release will likely move in eventually.

Buske

Post by Buske » 26 Aug 2014, 13:46

Ruka, JK Chaos.

Ragnoth

Post by Ragnoth » 31 Aug 2014, 04:32

Ragnorath on JK, loved wurm played for months built up a town got caught up in school work for a month, got kicked from town. ect. Tried to get back into Wurm, but currently looking for something, better. So im very hopeful for this game trying to get a couple of my friends from (major Civ 5 players) to join to form a guild. Cant wait for this game

Calchexas

Post by Calchexas » 01 Sep 2014, 17:15

Well well... yet another Wurm player.
Calchexas, Mol Rehan, Desertion.
Finally some real mining without sudden shafts :Yahoo!:

Tarlynn
Alpha Tester

Post by Tarlynn » 02 Sep 2014, 16:21

Silas and Tarlynn from Wurm, hi all!

Snaker

Post by Snaker » 06 Sep 2014, 18:29

Exwurm player / eve \o/ Sup wurmians

omg finally a game w/o the freaking grind job like duties

KaosReigns

Post by KaosReigns » 13 Sep 2014, 20:38

Hey all, going to be some epic battles here for sure, many of the old Wurm players seem to be moving.

KaosReigns - Started on BL, moved over to JK on ele, joined up with Hammerfall before the "god"event nuked everything, havent played since. (Along with most of us that worked on Hammerfall)

Glad to see this is coming, super excited for it :D
It takes many nails to make a crib, yet just one screw can fill it.

Jackburton

Post by Jackburton » 25 Oct 2014, 00:55

Should see more people coming over from Wurm soon. Looks like that game is going down the shitter with all the accounts up for sale recently.

Return to Newcomer Section