Important Poll

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Would you be willing to pay for EVERY character you want to transfer to the main continent?

Yes, I am willing to pay for every character and the price looks reasonable.
42%
Yes, I am willing to pay for every character, but the price seems too high.
20%
Yes, I am willing to pay for every character and feel free to raise the prices. LiF is going to be a cool game and worth it! :)
8%
No, I don’t want to pay for every character in order to play.
30%

Total votes : 2460

Olloch
Alpha Tester

Re: Important Poll

Post by Olloch » 15 Feb 2014, 22:53

Alts seem more useful in this game since one character can't possibly master all skills. Therefor the current model seems to be the best way to do things. Encourage group play as opposed to one guy with 5 characters doing every skill.
May my enemies live long so they can see me progress.

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 19 Feb 2014, 16:34

Olloch wrote:Alts seem more useful in this game since one character can't possibly master all skills. Therefor the current model seems to be the best way to do things. Encourage group play as opposed to one guy with 5 characters doing every skill.

I agree completely 100%

20 EU to start with to bring your main character to the world, But I would think about 20 EU per player regardless for every alt and of course with specials, and offers that were described from time to time.

I really do not care for allowing players to move with complete skills server to server for a price. I am more along the lines of you should come and start from scratch if you want to compete on a server.

PabloX

Post by PabloX » 19 Feb 2014, 16:47

I believe the current model is there will be only one server to start with in order to keep the community/population together and to have a cohesive one world game.

Shealladh
Alpha Tester

Post by Shealladh » 24 Feb 2014, 09:17

So with these extra characters, I assume you can only log into your account and use either character, not both at the same time?

avalon78
Alpha Tester

Post by avalon78 » 24 Feb 2014, 12:20

But I think it must be a limit of how many chars can have a player.

Otherwise, soon every player has his own empire, its own economy and the economy/trade is broken. Anyone could supply themselves.

So there must be a limit of players per account.
I think a good limit is 2 chars per account.

Maximum number of chars should be at 3, the 3rd Char should not be too cheap. (Around 50 €?)

If you want more, just have to create another account.

Edit: I think I deviated from the topic. :(

It is meant that way, I can make my main character copy to another char?

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 24 Feb 2014, 20:17

Shealladh wrote:
It is meant that way, I can make my main character copy to another char?

Hmm, what? Do you mean cloning your character? If so, no. It's just a matter of creating a new character.

Zennoya
Alpha Tester

Post by Zennoya » 02 Mar 2014, 23:06

I have a question that i dont know if someone already asked (I tried to search, but found nothing about it) -> IF i will be killed/murdered by someone, and I will loose all my skills what happens than?
Will it be required to pay again for my character?

Valdin
Alpha Tester

Post by Valdin » 02 Mar 2014, 23:29

Zennoya wrote:I have a question that i dont know if someone already asked (I tried to search, but found nothing about it) -> IF i will be killed/murdered by someone, and I will loose all my skills what happens than?
Will it be required to pay again for my character?

You don't loose all your skills. You loose a certain amount of skills based off your alignment. The better your alignment the less skills you loose with your death.

What happens next is you respawn and work on the skills you lost or you find the guy that killed you and kill him. This has been answered multiple times in the FAQ and other threads

Wigster600

Post by Wigster600 » 11 Mar 2014, 16:00

Personally I find this to be abit over the top and extortionate, with having bought the game to play it you should be allowed to send over one character to the continent from the newbie island as many times as you want and pay extra to have more characters.

20 euros is abit of a piss-take if you've bought the game, perhaps the newbie island mode could be a sort of free demo? and you need to pay the 20 euros to unlock the rest of the game. :D

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 12 Mar 2014, 11:32

Wigster600 wrote:20 euros is abit of a piss-take if you've bought the game, perhaps the newbie island mode could be a sort of free demo? and you need to pay the 20 euros to unlock the rest of the game. :D

That's the precise idea. You pay 20£ for your first character-transfer off of the newbie island. Technically the island is a free demo and you buy the game with the first character.

SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Post by SirWinston » 12 Mar 2014, 12:20

I'd like to know what exactly backers will get once we hit release. If we donated the 50€ required to get alpha access, for it to be fair the way I see it we should get 4 tickets to the mainland.

The first one 20€, then three more additional characters for 10€ each.

That would be equivalent to what most games being crowd funded do.
Spoiler

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 12 Mar 2014, 12:23

Winston wrote:I'd like to know what exactly backers will get once we hit release. If we donated the 50€ required to get alpha access, for it to be fair the way I see it we should get 4 tickets to the mainland.

It has been stated that youve basically bought the game and will receive in-game vanity shop currency reimbursement.

Engellus
Alpha Tester

Post by Engellus » 15 Mar 2014, 00:21

Thokan wrote:
Winston wrote:I'd like to know what exactly backers will get once we hit release. If we donated the 50€ required to get alpha access, for it to be fair the way I see it we should get 4 tickets to the mainland.

It has been stated that youve basically bought the game and will receive in-game vanity shop currency reimbursement.

It would still be nice to get a free character slot or something as a 'thank-you' to those who have chosen to invest in a product ahead of time. If we get what was promised, I am content with that. But more is always better...
ᚤᚦᚨᚱᚨᛒᚨ:ᛊᛒᚨ:ᚷᚩᚷᚩᚷᚩ

If all you want is to come to fight, we have the graves of our fathers. Come on, find these and try to destroy them: you shall know then whether we will fight you. -Idanthyrsus

NiveusCornix

Post by NiveusCornix » 23 Mar 2014, 03:43

I feel like everyone should have to pay for the full game starting at $29.99(or the equivalent in Euro) while the games in beta and then the price would raise as the game is updated. The demo could still be played, just you have to buy the game to have say a maximum of 3-5 character slots, anymore then 3 or 5 you would have to buy. This payment plan would avoid the constant pickle of having to buy more characters. Buying characters screws over a player if they have to delete them.

Wigster600

Post by Wigster600 » 29 Mar 2014, 20:38

What happens if you catch a player looting your house/goods? if you kill him will that affect your characters rating or whatever it is?

Flannery
Alpha Tester

Post by Flannery » 29 Mar 2014, 22:47

Wigster600 wrote:What happens if you catch a player looting your house/goods? if you kill him will that affect your characters rating or whatever it is?

This is really not the right place for this question ;)
And a little investment of time learning about the game, and checking the wiki would give you the answer :)

But shortly - If another player trespasses on your personal claim, you can attack him/her without loss of alignment.

Here is the link for what you seek on the wiki:
http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Alignment
"The enemy of my enemy - is my friend"

"Tides of War" Pre Alpha Videos
http://www.tidesofwargame.com

Ramaraunt

Post by Ramaraunt » 29 Mar 2014, 23:45

I'm amazed at the one time payment thing. Pretty awesome, hope it stays. I wouldn't be angry with a monthly fee, maybe one per account (not character).

As for the allignment system, it shouldn't get stuck bellow -50, and -10 seems to be really high per murder, considering you only gain +1 allignment per day while praying.

Alt griefing will be an issue no matter how you make this game. There is no way to avoid it. The best you can do is make it easy to deal with alt griefers as they arrive. Make it so that griefers are at a disadvantage, not an advantage. Losing gear should be a big deterent, and people should not be punished so harshly for defending what they own. It will surely result in people abusing the system to forcefully drive down the reputations of their enemies by swarming them with alts. The people being swarmed with alts will then be forced to use alts themselves to avoid losing reputation, and the game becomes a giant alt zerg rush.

There should be no allignment penalty for killing a griefer on your own lands. Perhaps before killing them, you could give a warning that will pop up on their screen as a diologe box. It would be best if you could create a list of people that are "attackable on site" on your property, and when they enter they recieve a warning diologe box. This should prevent town owners from tricking peaceful visitors to come into their town so they can easily kill them for free loot without penalty. After someone is marked as "attackable on site", they should be given 2 mins or so to safely leave the property.

Off of owned property, there should be a different set of rules. If someone attacks you first, there should be no allignment penalty for killing them. If someone attacks first, they should gain a "Criminal" status, that makes you not get a penalty for attacking and killing them. This status should fade after 30 mins or so.

Flannery
Alpha Tester

Post by Flannery » 30 Mar 2014, 09:34

Ramaraunt wrote:I'm amazed at the one time payment thing. Pretty awesome, hope it stays. I wouldn't be angry with a monthly fee, maybe one per account (not character).

As for the allignment system, it shouldn't get stuck bellow -50, and -10 seems to be really high per murder, considering you only gain +1 allignment per day while praying.

Alt griefing will be an issue no matter how you make this game. There is no way to avoid it. The best you can do is make it easy to deal with alt griefers as they arrive. Make it so that griefers are at a disadvantage, not an advantage. Losing gear should be a big deterent, and people should not be punished so harshly for defending what they own. It will surely result in people abusing the system to forcefully drive down the reputations of their enemies by swarming them with alts. The people being swarmed with alts will then be forced to use alts themselves to avoid losing reputation, and the game becomes a giant alt zerg rush.

There should be no allignment penalty for killing a griefer on your own lands. Perhaps before killing them, you could give a warning that will pop up on their screen as a diologe box. It would be best if you could create a list of people that are "attackable on site" on your property, and when they enter they recieve a warning diologe box. This should prevent town owners from tricking peaceful visitors to come into their town so they can easily kill them for free loot without penalty. After someone is marked as "attackable on site", they should be given 2 mins or so to safely leave the property.

Off of owned property, there should be a different set of rules. If someone attacks you first, there should be no allignment penalty for killing them. If someone attacks first, they should gain a "Criminal" status, that makes you not get a penalty for attacking and killing them. This status should fade after 30 mins or so.

If anyone tresspasses or attacks your property you can attack/kill them without loss of alignment.

If you tresspass on a Town, you are labeled a criminal in that Town, and can be killed on sight with no penalty to the killer

If you are attacked, and kill the attacker you do not loose alignement.

And you have to pay a additional fee for EACH character that you want to bring to the mainland - so alt swarming will become quite expensive, so that will not be a huge problem I personally think.

You will of course have the odd one that kills everything on sight - but when all the disadvantages of having - 50 alignement kicks in, he/she will leave or create a new char - and have to pay to get that one over to the main land as well. I think in most cases he/she will take better care of the character a second time around.

A few people want to play "evil" and cope with the negative challenges of the effect of having - 50 alignment as a part of that char. And they should be allowed to. After all - We need people of all sorts to keep it interesting ;)
These chars with - 50 alignment will be called/tagged as criminals.

And do bare in mind that murder should not be easy to commit without consequences.

If you however do spot a char with - 50 you are free to kill him/her without loss of alignment yourself.

Having a monthly payment system with as many alts as you want - would however most certainly create the problem you described... :)

**EDIT:
I hope I do not come across as rude, as that is really not my intention - but more a advice ;)
If you had used the time you used on coming up with your idea and write it - and rather read a little about the game you are interested in, you would have found it already has almost exactly the features you asked for ;)

here is a link to the wiki for you:
http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Alignment

Welcome to the forum and happy reading :beer:

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 30 Mar 2014, 15:19

I love the concept of this game, and being an advid medieval recreationist in the real world and a history nut. I look forward to this game. I think the price is very fair, I would almost suggest upping it to 12-15EUD.

Ramaraunt

Post by Ramaraunt » 30 Mar 2014, 15:42

Flannery wrote:And you have to pay a additional fee for EACH character that you want to bring to the mainland - so alt swarming will become quite expensive, so that will not be a huge problem I personally think.

I've played other games and I have to say that this is not the truth. 10e is small change for a person that has serious intentions to grief. However, the ability to kill tresspassers at will changes things. I'm a bit confused at how that works though. Is anyone from a different faction that enters your deed a tresspasser? What about people that are not in a faction, like visiting merchants or explorers that will cause no harm?

Flannery wrote:
Having a monthly payment system with as many alts as you want - would however most certainly create the problem you described... :)

I kindof meant a 5e a month fee on top of the tickets to join the island.

Edit: Not per character, just 1 per account.
Last edited by Ramaraunt on 30 Mar 2014, 16:48, edited 3 times in total.

Wigster600

Post by Wigster600 » 30 Mar 2014, 16:39

A monthly payment style would probably put people off the game.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 30 Mar 2014, 16:55

The games where I have seen the most amount of griefers that were nearly unstoppable were the games where they let players have as many accounts or characters as they wanted per IP, and these griefers would use alts to spy, harrass or pk other players. A few in Mortal Online would use alts to find exploits hacks and cheats and then use these same cheats and exploits on their main toons and claim "I didn't know I seen xxx doing it." And if one character or account got found cornered or banned they would just use an alt to continue their activities.

This system that is suggested is honestly the best way to keep from seeing to many griefers, there will still be some, there will always be griefers it is the nature of online games. But it will help limit them, the hardcore griefers will find away around most of the rules and limitations and still cause problems, but as long as they don't cheat or exploit I honestly don't care if someone wants to play a bandit, murderer, or otherwise "bad" guy. But they also shouldn't cry when they are hunted and exterminated.

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 30 Mar 2014, 17:02

Hodo wrote:the hardcore griefers will find away around most of the rules and limitations and still cause problems

I fail to see the way they could find any way around the rules. The developers are very savvy when it comes to problems such as these. The only way I see for a greifer to get around any of the systems in place would to be spend alot of money on new characters weekly so let them have at it... :pardon:

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 30 Mar 2014, 17:16

Saxxon wrote:
I fail to see the way they could find any way around the rules. The developers are very savvy when it comes to problems such as these. The only way I see for a greifer to get around any of the systems in place would to be spend alot of money on new characters weekly so let them have at it... :pardon:

I didn't mean the character limitation rules, I meant in general. I have seen some griefers spend thousands of dollars on a game just to ruin it.

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 30 Mar 2014, 17:23

Hodo wrote:I didn't mean the character limitation rules, I meant in general. I have seen some griefers spend thousands of dollars on a game just to ruin it.

Remember they must train each of these characters as well. A task that will probably take on average a couple of weeks at the least to be effective at pvp.

I feel the misery endured by anyone trying to do this will be ten to one hundred times the amount they could ever give out.

This seems to be straying off the topic. If you guys wish to keep debating this first search for a thread related to this topic or create a new one please.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 30 Mar 2014, 17:39

Saxxon wrote:
Remember they must train each of these characters as well. A task that will probably take on average a couple of weeks at the least to be effective at pvp.

I feel the misery endured by anyone trying to do this will be ten to one hundred times the amount they could ever give out.

One word.

Macro.

RoboSenshi
Alpha Tester

Post by RoboSenshi » 07 Apr 2014, 04:54

Thank god for this post. I'm very new to this game. I literally just discovered it and it's like God heard my prayers about the perfect mmo and just presented it to me. I will be playing this one for a while and I was wondering if this was a P2P or F2P.

As to the poll, it seems very reasonable. I'm in the US and a one time payment of about $30 for the full game is really good. Newbie island can act as a tutorial/trial to see if you want to commit to the game. the additional player slot price however seems a little steep to me but I understand your reasoning for it.

I do hope since we've payed for the character there won't be any other "paid for" features that would give unfair advantage to other players. Although I wouldn't mind paying for vanity items such as special Capes, Crowns etc.

Flannery
Alpha Tester

Post by Flannery » 07 Apr 2014, 06:13

RoboSenshi wrote:I do hope since we've payed for the character there won't be any other "paid for" features that would give unfair advantage to other players. Although I wouldn't mind paying for vanity items such as special Capes, Crowns etc.

From what I have read in noumerous places, and understood about the game - the ingame shop will only consist of items of a cosmetic nature - no stat giving items :)

RoboSenshi
Alpha Tester

Post by RoboSenshi » 09 Apr 2014, 23:23

Awesome.

Dyraele

Post by Dyraele » 17 Apr 2014, 16:05

I would be willing to pay for some after one or two free transfers. Maybe even have an in game way to build up a way to pay for the transfer. After the first ones though, I would be willing to pay, but that wasn't part of the poll, so I voted no since I don't want to pay for every single one.

Return to General Discussion