Current state of the game

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Zenjamin
True Believer

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Zenjamin » 03 Jan 2018, 09:52

A very simple solution (IMO) would be to simply extend JH to allow things to be dropped and lootable inside town claims - but no damage to town claims.

This means you are not safe inside a town claim for eternity, gives a reason to defend your walls and make intelligent base design for town claim - but also gives incentive to protect your town during JH, instead of just logging out.

What would be the down side of this? People logging off inside town claim? Prevent people from logging back inside a claim that isn't theirs. Honestly - given JH will supposedly be daily, there needs to be a punishment for avoiding PvP entirely - ie, your base will get raided. There needs to be a good incentive to hold your base with good defense, and good design; JH meaning you can lose things during inside the town claim.

This one simple change would, IMO, fix PvP for those PvP guilds, and reintroduce risk for those people who seem to want to completely ignore PvP in this game.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 03 Jan 2018, 10:09

As if the devs will rly concider our suggestions like they have so far, they might listen to those that cry enough of them or wait mention its not rp or something, that might work lets ask for another rp server with killing ruleset that might work...

Zenjamin
True Believer

Post by Zenjamin » 03 Jan 2018, 10:29

I believe they will listen - because, it's their back pocket that will hurt the most. The people buying the expensive armors and skins are the PvPers, the people buying Premium are the PvPers who need PH to reskill for example. Those people are seriously reconsidering whether or not to renew and for the most part are holding off.

I really would want to see a response from the devs or at least some kind of indication that they will rebalance this in the future. Part of the reason people are crying so much is that there is NO response from any dev on this matter yet, as to what is happening.

If it's going to be more of the same, PvE, then the PvP crowd will move on. If it's going to be reconsidered, then at least we know its coming soon(tm). Any response from the devs would be very welcome.

DramaQueen
Alpha Tester

Post by DramaQueen » 03 Jan 2018, 11:12

Guys, this game is not about pvp. Delete and forget
Darkfall soon :
https://youtu.be/p-ch2lkdPH8
When you want to fool the world, tell the truth.

Zenjamin
True Believer

Post by Zenjamin » 03 Jan 2018, 13:24

DramaQueen wrote:Guys, this game is not about pvp. Delete and forget
Darkfall soon :
https://youtu.be/p-ch2lkdPH8

I get that you're butt hurt about the game being PvE. I know, I am too. But what you're doing by spamming useless crap all over the forums is not helping.

BanditKing

Post by BanditKing » 03 Jan 2018, 13:26

Yeah Darkfall.

The same game that still only has 1 class, mage/hybrid and its 10 years later.

Played it for a long time but if you think its going to be anything more than an arena good luck.
Revelation is recruiting | [NA] Buyan Server | Join us

Monco

Post by Monco » 03 Jan 2018, 14:35

The first thing I did after they removed boosting was cancelling the automatic renew of premium subscription, and I know many other people who did the same.

Bodil
Devoted Believer

Post by Bodil » 03 Jan 2018, 16:13

Dobrt wrote:
Kast wrote:JH times and siege/IB mechanics are legitimate topics of discussion... but anyone demanding the reinstatement of bark box stacking or buddy jumping has rocks in their head. Basically, those people are insisting that the exploits (and they are exploits) they used previously to bypass game mechanics they don't like be reintroduced.

I'm not sure what to say about that. Personally, I blame our public schools.

Agreed!

These PVE fanbois are the same ones who use drying racks for walls and only put loot on town claims.

How is 100% PVP immunity good for the game?

Devs - You realize the people buying $150 skins and subs are the PVPers who want to show off and need skill insurance, right?

Dobrt
Banned

Post by Dobrt » 03 Jan 2018, 17:43

I have to send a big thank you to all the butt-hurt pvpers. My stock in kleenex brand products has increased dramatically since the removal of all the pvp exploits. :Bravo:

Monco

Post by Monco » 03 Jan 2018, 18:04

Dobrt wrote:I have to send a big thank you to all the butt-hurt pvpers. My stock in kleenex brand products has increased dramatically since the removal of all the pvp exploits. :Bravo:

You should have played in Epleland if you wanted a more "Fair" PvP instead of complaining and begging the devs to change what so many people actually enjoyed.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 03 Jan 2018, 20:30

Dobrt wrote:I have to send a big thank you to all the butt-hurt pvpers. My stock in kleenex brand products has increased dramatically since the removal of all the pvp exploits. :Bravo:

I think you are using Kleenex wrong if you are wiping your butt with them.

Just saying.

I personally would have invested in...
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Dobrt
Banned

Post by Dobrt » 03 Jan 2018, 20:41

Akimangelini wrote:

You should have played in Epleland if you wanted a more "Fair" PvP instead of complaining and begging the devs to change what so many people actually enjoyed.

Small problem with your comment........the population has increased since the removal of the pvp exploits the specific pvp morons used. ;)

SharanaEU
Zealous Believer

Post by SharanaEU » 03 Jan 2018, 21:27

Dobrt wrote:
Akimangelini wrote:

Small problem with your comment........the population has increased since the removal of the pvp exploits the specific pvp morons used. ;)

In which parallel universe is that? EU was 4K each evening, right now it's 2 500 going up to 3K sometimes.

On the whole topic tho we will find out more tomorrow:

Dobrt
Banned

Post by Dobrt » 03 Jan 2018, 21:41

SharanaEU wrote:
In which parallel universe is that? EU was 4K each evening, right now it's 2 500 going up to 3K sometimes.

I am, and have always referred to the NA server, which has grown by almost 1000 during peak hours (not hour), and 200 - 600 during low hours.

Maybe a lot of EU people have moved over due to the better atmosphere since the removal of the pvp exploits. Unfortunately there are still some pvpers who are having hissy-fits and can't wait for the mechanics and balance adjustments.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 03 Jan 2018, 22:01

SharanaEU wrote:

I look forward to that conversation.

Should be enlightening to say the least. And may be a deciding factor for a lot of players if they will stay or go.

StenKnight
True Believer

Post by StenKnight » 03 Jan 2018, 22:10

Agathius we dont always agree with each other or see eye to eye but I honestly thought this post was dead on. Good post my Greek brother. I and all the Blackarrow left LIF for this same reason you highlighted. The day they made the anti-raid post. Its quite sad to see the devs take the game in the directrion theyre going. I hope the best for LIF. Id even wish to say we'd consider coming back if they made the game "hardcore" and "feudal" again, but I really cant see them returning to their old hardcore ways.

The game has gained way too much popularity for the RP community and the PVP gaming community has either moved on for the most part or didnt even bother coming back/ getting into it. That is just that harsh realization. I just hope the devs realize unlike RPer pvpers dont cry outloud we just say you know what I cant fight here well whatever and move on to a game we can fight.

Dobrt
Banned

Post by Dobrt » 03 Jan 2018, 22:15

Hodo wrote:
SharanaEU wrote:

I look forward to that conversation.

Should be enlightening to say the least. And may be a deciding factor for a lot of players if they will stay or go.

And my hope is some adjustment are made, mechanics are discussed, and the whiny pvpers who need exploits and can't wait like you decide to leave.

StenKnight
True Believer

Post by StenKnight » 03 Jan 2018, 22:16

Dobrt wrote:
SharanaEU wrote:

I am, and have always referred to the NA server, which has grown by almost 1000 during peak hours (not hour), and 200 - 600 during low hours.

Maybe a lot of EU people have moved over due to the better atmosphere since the removal of the pvp exploits. Unfortunately there are still some pvpers who are having hissy-fits and can't wait for the mechanics and balance adjustments.

NA server was sitting at 2800+ on primetime it doesnt even hit 2400 these days idk what universe your in. Both servers are already losing population thats why the devs want to have a sit down meeting.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 03 Jan 2018, 22:24

StenKnight wrote:

NA server was sitting at 2800+ on primetime it doesnt even hit 2400 these days idk what universe your in. Both servers are already losing population thats why the devs want to have a sit down meeting.

I wouldnt even bother trying to talk to him. Dobrt doesn't want to listen to reason or even try and consider anything. He is just a wannabe jonny-come-lately troll. He is also one of those who would use such great terms as... safe space and fake news.

So let him sit here in the forums with his safe space blinders on and continue spread some fake news about how everything is fine. I knew someone else like that......

Dobrt
Banned

Post by Dobrt » 03 Jan 2018, 22:29

StenKnight wrote:

It appears you haven't been around for a while. Firstly the noisy exploit vp people have whined far worse than any; and

prior to the removal of the pvp friendly exploits, the NA servers had a peak of 1400 - 1700 and rarely reached 2000+, and at a low was at 200-400. After the exploits were removed the peak is anywhere between 1800-3200 depending on night and hour, and a low of 600-2000 again depending on hour.

Look the fact is I pvp as well, but I never used exploits so I am not that affected by the changes, and I only think it's fair that those using the tanning rack and other defencive exploits have their day as the stacking and offencive exploits were use for over a month.

Yes, it's a little more difficult, but as mentioned many times fixes, mechanics, and balance adjustments are coming and people just need to be patient and quit with the whining.

Dobrt
Banned

Post by Dobrt » 03 Jan 2018, 22:35

Hodo wrote:
I wouldnt even bother trying to talk to him. Dobrt doesn't want to listen to reason or even try and consider anything. He is just a wannabe jonny-come-lately troll. He is also one of those who would use such great terms as... safe space and fake news.

So let him sit here in the forums with his safe space blinders on and continue spread some fake news about how everything is fine. I knew someone else like that......

Still whining, but at least not about your precious exploits or how little steel you can produce.....or how mean the dev's are to you....... :good:

Do you need to go out and buy some more tissues yet......helps with the first quarter numbers! 8-)

Last edited by Dobrt on 03 Jan 2018, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 03 Jan 2018, 22:36

Dobrt wrote:It appears you haven't been around for a while. Firstly the noisy exploit vp people have whined far worse than any; and

prior to the removal of the pvp friendly exploits, the NA servers had a peak of 1400 - 1700 and rarely reached 2000+, and at a low was at 200-400. After the exploits were removed the peak is anywhere between 1800-3200 depending on night and hour, and a low of 600-2000 again depending on hour.

Look the fact is I pvp as well, but I never used exploits so I am not that affected by the changes, and I only think it's fair that those using the tanning rack and other defencive exploits have their day as the stacking and offencive exploits were use for over a month.

Yes, it's a little more difficult, but as mentioned many times fixes, mechanics, and balance adjustments are coming and people just need to be patient and quit with the whining.

I am going to just start calling you Baghdad Bob.
Okay Bob... we believe you.... ;)

Dobrt
Banned

Post by Dobrt » 04 Jan 2018, 01:17

Hodo wrote:
I am going to just start calling you Baghdad Bob.
Okay Bob... we believe you.... ;)

I guess whiny baby offended you.......so........whiny boy! :ROFL:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/ori ... 460/61.jpg

Kast

Post by Kast » 04 Jan 2018, 02:50

Bodil wrote:
Dobrt wrote:
Kast wrote:JH times and siege/IB mechanics are legitimate topics of discussion... but anyone demanding the reinstatement of bark box stacking or buddy jumping has rocks in their head. Basically, those people are insisting that the exploits (and they are exploits) they used previously to bypass game mechanics they don't like be reintroduced.

I'm not sure what to say about that. Personally, I blame our public schools.

Agreed!

These PVE fanbois are the same ones who use drying racks for walls and only put loot on town claims.

How is 100% PVP immunity good for the game?

Devs - You realize the people buying $150 skins and subs are the PVPers who want to show off and need skill insurance, right?

And that's why I'm sending my kids to private school.

I agree that using drying racks as a defensive wall is a little silly, but it's in line with the game's claim protection mechanic. Should collision be removed from furniture? Maybe. But trying to equate them with bedroll-bridges, buddy jumping and stacking boxes to jump over actual defensive walls strains credibility. Take a deep breath.

Monco

Post by Monco » 05 Jan 2018, 00:24

So after today's AMA they basically said that World PvP is meaningless and they will only focus on instanced battles. They should probably change the way they are advertising this game from open world PvP sandbox to open world PvE sandbox with instanced PvP. I guess we'll see all PvPers only login for IBs as we're already seeing right now.

Bodil
Devoted Believer

Post by Bodil » 05 Jan 2018, 05:58

Akimangelini wrote:So after today's AMA they basically said that World PvP is meaningless and they will only focus on instanced battles. They should probably change the way they are advertising this game from open world PvP sandbox to open world PvE sandbox with instanced PvP. I guess we'll see all PvPers only login for IBs as we're already seeing right now.

Yep, pretty sad as this game was advertised much differently in the past.

DramaQueen
Alpha Tester

Post by DramaQueen » 05 Jan 2018, 09:17

I think, Devs cant and dont know how to fix lags in open world.
instanced battles - justification
When you want to fool the world, tell the truth.

overdose

Post by overdose » 05 Jan 2018, 10:46

Guys all just we have a pve server let them out there and play there with they humster rules , and we have a pvp server avalon for us here it needs to change the rules and make a little more pvp and more rules for destroying the buildings.

Zenjamin
True Believer

Post by Zenjamin » 05 Jan 2018, 12:01

Akimangelini wrote:So after today's AMA they basically said that World PvP is meaningless and they will only focus on instanced battles. They should probably change the way they are advertising this game from open world PvP sandbox to open world PvE sandbox with instanced PvP. I guess we'll see all PvPers only login for IBs as we're already seeing right now.

Truth. Probably already 50% of the FU alliance on NA doesn't bother playing at night anymore and are purely joining on weekends. We already have our massive castle walls, everything protected on town claims and nothing to lose. JH is only once a week and is a laggy mess that has driven away most PvPers. The bases that used to have a lot of people in them are now ghost towns, with the occassional person logging in to tend to animals.

Monco

Post by Monco » 05 Jan 2018, 16:44

DramaQueen wrote:

I think, Devs cant and dont know how to fix lags in open world.
instanced battles - justification

Yes, their problem is that their servers are weak and the game is way too badly optimized, with a gtx1070 8gb video card i get 20-40 fps in areas with trees... they can't afford to let people move around the world because if a server is already full of people who actually live there it can't handle more people coming to raid without a massive lag, that's why JH is laggy as hell. They have to change the way this game is advertised to avoid scamming more people and having tons of bad reviews on steam launch but hey we all know that that advertising it as a PvP open world sandbox makes it quite interesting while in fact there's no open world pvp at all and the whole world is basically static with people only moving from their bases when they have to place an IB totem or get resources from mines / trade. PvP in this game is all and will all be instanced, that's their plan, which makes this game not for me, I guess i'll have to wait for vanilla wow to be a thing once again.

Return to General Discussion