My ideas in full.

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

My ideas in full.

Post by Lukepop » 16 Jun 2014, 07:39

Rogue (Thief/assasin)
Assasination: Allows you to kill guild members with assasin dagger or crossbow, taking away their guild status and a small extra percentage of their Skill points. It takes 10-20 more alignment to kill them this way depending on their rank. Using the Assasination skill activates an effect (You pay, They die)

10-20 skill, Novice. Novice crossbow has 5% chance to take away their rank and takes away 5% more skillpoints. Killing a man this way takes -10 more alignment to you.
Novice dagger has 10% chance to take away their rank and takes away 5% more skillpoints. Killing a man this way takes -20 more alignment away from you.

16-50 skills, Apprentice. Apprentice crossbow has a 25% chance to take away their rank and takes away 15% more skillpoints. Killing a man this way takes -10
more alignment away from you.
Apprentice dagger has a 40% chance to take away their rank and takes away 15% more skillpoints. Killing a man this way takes away -20 more alignment away from you

51-90, Assasin. Assasin crossbow has a 50% chance to take away their rank and takes away 25% more skillpoints. Killing a man this way takes -10 alignment away from you.
Assasin dagger has a 80% chance to take away their rank and takes away 30% more skillpoints. Killing a man this way takes -20 alignment from you

91-100, Master.Master crossbow has 80% chance to take away their rank and takes away 40% more skillpoints. Killing a man this way takes -10 alignment from you.
Master Dagger has a 90% (95 Mebbe) chance to take away their rank and takes away 50% more skillpoints. Killing a man this way takes -20 alignment from you.

Knife fighting:
Allows use of Knives and daggers effectively, Later levels unlock more techniques such as an unblockable lunge or the ability to reduce an enemies shp by 95% of maximum in a single stamina draining attack

Soft leathers:
Allows you to wear Soft leather(With silk ingredients) armours (the lightest armour). Later levels allow you to wear higher quality soft leather armours.

Soft as a feather:
Allows you to move with much less noise. Later levels decrease the noise.

Rooftop Bravado:
Increases your run speed and jump height.

Ok. An idea for life is feudal. Instead of cloaks allowing people not recognise you (see your name and alignment), cowls make people not recognise you.

Over tunics make them not see guild emblem/coat of arms on your armour (if that's in).

Cloaks make them not see your weapons (sheathed weapons) and ammunition.

Then tiers as a secondary thing:

Cowls

Tier 1 cowls conceal the identity of -10 to 49 alignment people. Tier 2 0 to -49 alignment people. Tier 3 50 to 500 alignment people. Tier 4 50-500 alignment people

Overtunics

Tier 1 Overtunics hide guild info of guilds 1-15
Tier 2 Overtunics hide guild info of guilds 16-50
Tier 3 Overtunics hide guild info of guilds 50-200
Tier 4 Overtunics hide guild info of 200+
Or vice versa, with larger guilds being first.

Cloaks (assuming its four weapons, shields or ammo packs equipped at a time)

Tier 1 Cloaks hide 1 equipment piece
Tier 2 Cloaks hide 2 equipment pieces
Tier 3 Cloaks hide 3 equipment pieces
Tier 4 cloaks hide 4 equipment pieces

That’s it. I hope everyone understand and considers these suggestions. Except maybe cowls, if you discount them think of what cowls could be for

A new skill called horse archery:
Either a secondary skill or…

A Cavalryman (light cavalry)
The cavalryman skills would be:
Ability to ride the fastest horses.
Hard leather: Allows you to wear Hard leather armour (With chainmail pieces)
sabres (NI*),
Ability to read players names at a longer distance (NI*),
Ability to fire from horses at same accuracy as on foot.

These are best ideas.

NI=Not important.

This is a serious suggestion, please consider it and try to think of ideas it could work instead of ways it couldn't. ( :good: )
Last edited by Lukepop on 16 Jun 2014, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.
Link to Tirmani thread:
the-duchy-of-tirmani-t1291/

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: My ideas in full.

Post by Siegbert » 16 Jun 2014, 10:19

I find it unnecessary to restrict people from wearing what they want by levels. Everybody should be able to wear every thing imho. Heavy armor might slow you down considerably when you're not trained to wear it, like Mortal Online did it.
I'm not so sure if I like the existence of classes either. Imho the more freedom of choice the better. That's what Mortal Online did right, too: you spend points for different skills and respend them when you run short of it. Makes you more flexible than strict classes do.

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

Post by Lukepop » 16 Jun 2014, 11:49

They're not classes. They're combat skill trees.

Also: maybe it takes alot longer to learn?
Link to Tirmani thread:

StevenMac

Post by StevenMac » 16 Jun 2014, 19:01

I disagree in everything, I dont think levels should be important in the game, otherwise people will focus on leveling up and not in politics, roleplaying, and having fun. Also, the skill will require no skill, for the stronger user will be the user that plays the most.

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

Post by Lukepop » 16 Jun 2014, 20:53

Dude. These skill type things are already confirmed in game. I'm just suggesting new combat skill trees. As well as the other one about cloaks and stuff.

EDIT: Regarding Armour, I meant it the way the current set up has it.
Link to Tirmani thread:

Grimfest

Post by Grimfest » 16 Jun 2014, 23:43

You didnt want people to tell you how it wouldn't work but rather tell you how it can work. so here it goes.

YOU write the code for it yourself and they MIGHT consider putting it in, not to mention all the balancing it would need and testing it would take to get it right.

Way to complex of a system. Micro managing things like that take away from the development of armors, weapons, structures and other gameObject.GetComponent's that make the game worth playing.

For those of you that want all these political features and OP isn't the only one. go play SIMS. also, do a little research on what sandbox is. to many

FEATURES tend to FORCE players to play a game a certain way, which takes away from the SANDBOX.
its like saying, here is a sandbox, but you can only play with this soldier, in that corner, as long as the king doesn't want to take a piss where you are playing, in that case you must close your eyes and count to 100.

Sandboxes have a "ruleset, law or guideline" and the player gets to choose everything else. Think of an ant farm with a few rules.

Also, do you know what goes in to putting this feature in to a game? Since I started working on my own project I have a new found respect for Programmers.

The amount of programming it would take to implement all these variables your asking for would be way to demanding at this stage of the game. Save this idea for a year or 2 then revisit this idea if you must.

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

Post by Lukepop » 17 Jun 2014, 08:04

I Apologise for what this post was. I still maintain though, I think light cavalry is a good idea in general and that the sims doesn't represent politics. ;)
Last edited by Lukepop on 18 Jun 2014, 06:43, edited 2 times in total.
Link to Tirmani thread:

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 17 Jun 2014, 10:29

Lukepop wrote:SO shut up you idiot and
How about no name calling? :)

RoboSenshi
Alpha Tester

Post by RoboSenshi » 17 Jun 2014, 15:37

Lukepop don't act like a child. If he doesn't like your idea it doesn't mean you should reply with insults. It makes you look very immature especially since his post made no personal attack on you. All he did was critique your ideas and he actually raised some good points.

That being said I like the idea of certain cloaks being able to hide weapons.

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

Post by Lukepop » 17 Jun 2014, 21:01

I apologise but I failed to see his points. Could someone please point them out?
Link to Tirmani thread:

Grimfest

Post by Grimfest » 18 Jun 2014, 04:20

Lukepop wrote:I apologise but I failed to see his points. Could someone please point them out?

Bro, I cant point them out to you, maybe someone else can, but I do want to state that, I am probably not anyones favorite on these forums. I do sometimes speak in a way that might seem insulting, but rarely is it an attack on a specific person. When an idea is attacked It can feel personal.

For your own comfort, by the time the game is released, I might have to run solo as I wont have any friends left... :ROFL:

Also, I'd like to take a moment to point out that video games, bring out ALL of our inner-child. I mean look most of us are doing something that was thought to be for kids long ago. I am 33 going on 50 in real life, but I am sometimes 33 going on 18 in games.
That's part of the reason some of us are here. AND taking in to account that Ultima Online has a HUGE place in my heart and this game has the potential to be the rebirth of that, why wouldn't I channel my inner-child? :D

I hope Bobik and the team can take me back to 1997 UO, the glory days. F**K Trammel. (the 18 year old coming out in me again) :evil:

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

Post by Lukepop » 18 Jun 2014, 06:40

Grimfest, I for one would be honoured to play with you. I think I see some of your points now. But it won't be Ultima, It won't be any other game it will be LIFE IS FEUDAL!

( 8-) )
Link to Tirmani thread:

Grimfest

Post by Grimfest » 18 Jun 2014, 18:02

Lukepop wrote:Grimfest, I for one would be honoured to play with you. I think I see some of your points now. But it won't be Ultima, It won't be any other game it will be LIFE IS FEUDAL!

( 8-) )

Awe bro, you are killing me with kindness. I am speechless :Yahoo!:

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

Post by Lukepop » 19 Jun 2014, 06:29

:)
Link to Tirmani thread:

Flannery
Alpha Tester

Post by Flannery » 19 Jun 2014, 10:49

Awwww... All this bonding...
Brings a tear to my eye :friends:

And here I thought you were a though @#!$,Grim!!
And now i find you are just as pink and fluffy on the inside as the rest of us are... ;)

:crazy: :beer:
"The enemy of my enemy - is my friend"

"Tides of War" Pre Alpha Videos
http://www.tidesofwargame.com

Grimfest

Post by Grimfest » 19 Jun 2014, 19:20

:D these emotes are cool :Yahoo!:

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

Post by Lukepop » 19 Jun 2014, 21:20