Change of plans feedback

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Ikisis

Re: Change of plans feedback

Post by Ikisis » 08 Jun 2014, 20:10

I also agree. The LIF: YO is a terrible idea. Splitting the population all the bootleg servers that will pop up.

Plus allowing the source code like that for people to find ways to hack, it will just make hacking easier. Very very bad idea and terrible direction to move in.

Im saddened by this news.

RoboSenshi
Alpha Tester

Post by RoboSenshi » 16 Jun 2014, 01:19

No, no, no this is an awful idea. I understand the financial strains your team is under but you have to find a better solution. There ARE better solutions. A feature like this is something that is implemented after the main release, never before. Simply because you have don't have sufficient interest in it nor a sizable player base. When you have a large main server population down the road Lif:YO will be an amazing way to make extra cash but not before.

You should be doing the exact opposite! Grit your teeth, power through and release something fairly stable and label it as "Early Access Alpha" much like Day Z. The players will understand that the game is buggy and will still buy it if it is presented well. I bought Day Z early access alpha the week it was released for $30. And I will gladly pay 20 Euros or more for a Lif Early Access Alpha but I WILL not spend a dime on Lif:YO and I'm defiantly not the only one that feels this way.

Slowing down development of the main game to focus on Lif:YO is an incredibly ill advised decision. I doubt you will make much money from it and you would have wasted precious time in which you could be gearing up for an Early Access release. If you must you can release Lif:YO at the same time as an Alpha release but not before.

Please, please find another way. I am literally begging the dev team to find a better solution to the financial situation. I honestly from the bottom of my heart hopes it works out but honestly I have no confidence in this method.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 16 Jun 2014, 06:15

RoboSenshi wrote:And I will gladly pay 20 Euros or more for a Lif Early Access Alpha

You can spend 50€ right now and get into pre alpha :P

RoboSenshi
Alpha Tester

Post by RoboSenshi » 16 Jun 2014, 06:33

I was seriously considering it until I discovered Lif:YO. But this is a Closed Alpha. I will defiantly buy an Open Alpha release on steam. Plus I've lost confidence.

It seems that the future of the game is somewhat dependent on the success of Lif:YO. If that imitative fails to bring in enough money or drive awareness for the game it will dissolve what little support the dev team has atm. That's the real problem I have with Lif:YO. I don't like that the fate of this game is somewhat tied to an initiative I believe will be unsuccessful.

I sincerely hope that I'm wrong but imo it's Hail Mary time.

Grimfest

Post by Grimfest » 18 Jun 2014, 03:55

RoboSenshi wrote:I was seriously considering it until I discovered Lif:YO. But this is a Closed Alpha. I will defiantly buy an Open Alpha release on steam. Plus I've lost confidence.

It seems that the future of the game is somewhat dependent on the success of Lif:YO. If that imitative fails to bring in enough money or drive awareness for the game it will dissolve what little support the dev team has atm. That's the real problem I have with Lif:YO. I don't like that the fate of this game is somewhat tied to an initiative I believe will be unsuccessful.

I sincerely hope that I'm wrong but imo it's Hail Mary time.

LiF:YO is more then likely to succeed, as long as it is released properly by making sure the game is playable with not to many issues and all production should stop on the MMO and the whole team should pump the shit out of the game for a few weeks, they call that hyping up a game. Then back to business as usual.) Take rust as an example, its a HUGE success and it is SOOOO limited in gameplay and features. LiF:YO will be like a Medieval version of that, so as long as they don't try to reinvent the wheel, it should do just fine.

Also, there are other titles out there on and off steam having decent to great success with a similar player ran server setup..

Its actually a brilliant strategy, it will generate cash flow while gaining exposure for LiF:MMO, call it profitable advertising.

take a look at this, these are all player ran servers, its big business.

http://www.gameservers.com/game_servers/

Rest easy my forum friend, The game wont fail because of LiF:YO. If anything YO is what will make MMO succeed.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 18 Jun 2014, 21:03

Grim, here is a better question, how many of those privately run servers generate revenue back to the original developer of the game?

Now how many of those privately run servers are ghost towns, in other words, rarely break 5 people online.

Last, how many of those servers are purely there so some players can figure out how to crack, hack or exploit the hell out of the game?

I am a realist at heart, and I will tell you now that while I understand the move to make YO, I do how ever know that it is a bad idea and the more he dedicates to it the more LiF becomes vapourware.

At this point I am thinking... well there is still The Repopulation.

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 18 Jun 2014, 21:32

Hodo wrote:Grim, here is a better question, how many of those privately run servers generate revenue back to the original developer of the game?

Now how many of those privately run servers are ghost towns, in other words, rarely break 5 people online.

Last, how many of those servers are purely there so some players can figure out how to crack, hack or exploit the hell out of the game?

I am a realist at heart, and I will tell you now that while I understand the move to make YO, I do how ever know that it is a bad idea and the more he dedicates to it the more LiF becomes vapourware.

It might be of value to you to read where Bobik has posted in this thread.

Grimfest

Post by Grimfest » 18 Jun 2014, 22:24

Hodo wrote:
Grim why are you so sexy!?

1: Grim, here is a better question, how many of those privately run servers generate revenue back to the original developer of the game?

2: Now how many of those privately run servers are ghost towns, in other words, rarely break 5 people online.

3: Last, how many of those servers are purely there so some players can figure out how to crack, hack or exploit the hell out of the game?

4: I am a realist at heart, and I will tell you now that while I understand the move to make YO, I do how ever know that it is a bad idea and the more he dedicates to it the more LiF becomes vapourware.

1) I am not sure, but in one of my threads regarding business model. I suggested aligning with a server provider to collect commission. (affiliate marketing) Bobik posted in that thread aswell, go take a look at it in the suggestions section.

2) In regards to private servers, I regularly communicate with the owners of 2 of the top servers, (Promoting them) Get Rust or Die Tryin and The Wonderful World of Rust. They work their asses off to get the population they have. I also, had my own server at one point. Towards your comment about 5 players max online is correct, but that is now, not 6 months ago. how much money do you think Garry made off of rust being on steam? They stopped updating that game completely and are working on a completely different game and I would bet the farm that its not using old money, its using new money. So what do you expect the player base to do when a game has such limited features as rust?

500,000 copies sold as of about 6 months ago. Problem? I think not.
http://www.destructoid.com/rust-has-sol ... 9279.phtml

If Garry made a dollar per copy sold he would still be laugh'n all the way to the bank.

3: I dunno, im not much in to hacking, but id have to say not many as it crazy cheap to run a server, people probably just pay it and forget about it. it was $12.80ish for a 50 player server if I remember correctly. Also, if you tie this in to my business model section, it goes to show that people are willing to pay a monthly subscription. Its one of the only disagreements I have with the project so far.

4a: If you understand Programming, you will understand that a lot of what he is doing with YO can also be interchanged with MMO, They are not making a completely different game, they are using assets, and other scripts that they need to and have made for the MMO already. I am not a programming expert, but I do know this.

4b: What method do you suggest they use to generate money that wont take away from development time on the MMO? Would you like them to sell the game to someone that doesn't care about it, and just wants to make money? Do you want to invest or know someone that does?

Flannery
Alpha Tester

Post by Flannery » 18 Jun 2014, 23:21

Grimfest wrote:
Hodo wrote:
Grim why are you so sexy!?

1: Grim, here is a better question, how many of those privately run servers generate revenue back to the original developer of the game?

2: Now how many of those privately run servers are ghost towns, in other words, rarely break 5 people online.

3: Last, how many of those servers are purely there so some players can figure out how to crack, hack or exploit the hell out of the game?

4: I am a realist at heart, and I will tell you now that while I understand the move to make YO, I do how ever know that it is a bad idea and the more he dedicates to it the more LiF becomes vapourware.

1) I am not sure, but in one of my threads regarding business model. I suggested aligning with a server provider to collect commission. (affiliate marketing) Bobik posted in that thread aswell, go take a look at it in the suggestions section.

2) In regards to private servers, I regularly communicate with the owners of 2 of the top servers, (Promoting them) Get Rust or Die Tryin and The Wonderful World of Rust. They work their asses off to get the population they have. I also, had my own server at one point. Towards your comment about 5 players max online is correct, but that is now, not 6 months ago. how much money do you think Garry made off of rust being on steam? They stopped updating that game completely and are working on a completely different game and I would bet the farm that its not using old money, its using new money. So what do you expect the player base to do when a game has such limited features as rust?

500,000 copies sold as of about 6 months ago. Problem? I think not.
http://www.destructoid.com/rust-has-sol ... 9279.phtml

If Garry made a dollar per copy sold he would still be laugh'n all the way to the bank.

3: I dunno, im not much in to hacking, but id have to say not many as it crazy cheap to run a server, people probably just pay it and forget about it. it was $12.80ish for a 50 player server if I remember correctly. Also, if you tie this in to my business model section, it goes to show that people are willing to pay a monthly subscription. Its one of the only disagreements I have with the project so far.

4a: If you understand Programming, you will understand that a lot of what he is doing with YO can also be interchanged with MMO, They are not making a completely different game, they are using assets, and other scripts that they need to and have made for the MMO already. I am not a programming expert, but I do know this.

4b: What method do you suggest they use to generate money that wont take away from development time on the MMO? Would you like them to sell the game to someone that doesn't care about it, and just wants to make money? Do you want to invest or know someone that does?

Rust sold over 800.000 copies just the first month I believe, and Garry and team have cashed in over 37.000.000 dollars on it so far... Definitely NOT using old money for the current development.... ;)

And I think Grim has it right here in his assessment of the rest.
I am not entirely fond of LiF: YO either, but it might as well be the salvation for LiF: MMO. I HIGHLY doubt it will get the same hype and cash flow as Rust did - As that was special, and extremely lucky with the timing (+ releasing Early Access just before Christmas)

But I am still positive - and I think it will create some interest and much needed money in the bank.

But what we think or do not think will have nothing to say at all - as things will go the way they go, regardless of our predictions.

LiF: YO is happening whether we like it or not - and only time will show if it was the right move out of the current situation or not. :beer:
"The enemy of my enemy - is my friend"

"Tides of War" Pre Alpha Videos
http://www.tidesofwargame.com

RoboSenshi
Alpha Tester

Post by RoboSenshi » 19 Jun 2014, 01:07

Hodo wrote:At this point I am thinking... well there is still The Repopulation.

"MOD EDIT" The Repopulation. I want Medieval combat dammit! :(

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 19 Jun 2014, 04:49

RoboSenshi wrote:
Hodo wrote:At this point I am thinking... well there is still The Repopulation.

"MOD EDIT" The Repopulation. I want Medieval combat dammit! :(

Oh easy don't get your pantaloons in a bunch. I love medieval things, but most, and I mean MOST games in this genre are bad, or done baddly and just miss the mark for me. Trust me, I know a thing or two about medieval combat.

I am hopeful for LiF, but the realist in me says odds are it will be a long long time before the MMO that is advertised is ever to see the light of my computer monitor.

I am a sandbox gamer and I hate to say this but The Repopulation my beat LiF to the punch, and hopefully between the three that I am watching, LiF, Greed Monger, and The Repopulation, I hope all three come out. But realistically I doubt most of them will survive past the first year, and it would be a miracle if any of them are around in 10 years.

FrostyMug

Post by FrostyMug » 23 Jun 2014, 16:36

Saxxon wrote:Read threads before you /rant and you might find answers before you post and it cuts down on needless drama.

You honestly don't think all these exploits will be found and dealt with? Would you rather wait for the mmo to be released and deal with them when the game is live?

I don't think so.

Since you feel so strongly I figured you would at least read the comments here but since you didn't here is something you should have noticed...

Bobik wrote:Yes, official alpha will still be possible and we will still do our best to make a stable servers.

There are numerous reasons behind LiF:YO. I literally had a whole week of sleepless nights (I am not joking.) weighting all cons and pros. Some of those reasons are financial also. We have really small team for such a huge project. It was known to us, but I had obviously underestimated multinodes system complexity and amount of bugs it had produced and will produce.

Fixing those bugs had taken a lot of efforts and will take more. Investors' grip on my neck is tightening once more. It was easier since greenlight campaign and semi good flow of donations, but now it is all grim as it was after our failed indiegogo.com campaign.

As it was stated above, LiF MMO will not suffer in any way from LiF:YO only by some amount of development speed, which in the end might be even faster. Amount of features that 5 developers can produce in 6 month, might be less then amount of features produced by 1 developer in 3 months and then 10 developers in next 3 months ;)

LiF MMO concepts will be unchanged and I am sure that massiveness in all scales (21*21km map, guilds, battles, sieges) + advertisement via LiF:YO will bring even more players into our main world.

I completely understand your first reaction, but still hope for some moral support and understanding of our situation.

BTW, LiF:YO will be useful for MMO players also. Trust me, I know how it is easy to feck up a complex walls perimeter construction if you had not planned it before hand. ;) We had experienced that while we were building that central that city you have seen in game. For us that was just a few minutes of instant deleting a huge chunk of walls, but for you such mistake will mean a long and boring process of damaging and destroying of your own assets ;) I am not talking about wasted resources and time.

So LiF:YO will be a good tool for planning, PvP/formations training and testing of your characters/team build. I wish we had such detailed planning/template testing tools back in the days of old MMOs :cry:

I honestly think I agree with the OP. The issues you speak of can be resolved in a Alpha and Beta of the game there is no need to create a second game that allows the community to shatter. To me this is what will be the result of allowing people there own little safe haven. They will not come to the MMO side and will just play the private server. Hence no longer are you a MMO you are a Call of Duty.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 23 Jun 2014, 16:52

Their loss... they'll miss out the fun of a big ass sandbox world.

Grimfest

Post by Grimfest » 23 Jun 2014, 18:56

FrostyMug wrote:I honestly think I agree with the OP. The issues you speak of can be resolved in a Alpha and Beta of the game there is no need to create a second game that allows the community to shatter. To me this is what will be the result of allowing people there own little safe haven. They will not come to the MMO side and will just play the private server. Hence no longer are you a MMO you are a Call of Duty

1)The issues you speak of can be resolved in a Alpha and Beta of the game there is no need to create a second game that allows the community to shatter.

2)To me this is what will be the result of allowing people there own little safe haven.

3)They will not come to the MMO side and will just play the private server. Hence no longer are you a MMO you are a Call of Duty.

1) It is possible that they could resolve it with an early access on steam, however, running an early access could do more damage then good if the game doesn't have enough features or to many bugs. Once you disappoint someone, its hard to get them back. There are dozens of games, you can probably check your email inbox and see how many games send you out advertisements with updates and changes and free trials trying to get you back, and you probably have only looked at their website or read the changes but never tried the game again. In this industry you get ONE shot to prove yourself.

2) I look it is from a perspective of my Ultima Online days. Carebears or Trammies as we called them back then most of the time wouldn't go to Felucia as they didn't like PvP and didn't want to part take in that aspect of the game.

It was like 2 different servers on one Shard. This game doesn't have a "Trammel", and people that don't want to participate in PvP and the Political aspects that this game focuses on, now have the opportunity to play the game "Their" way with "Their" Rule sets.

3) If they stay on YO, they were never coming to the MMO in the first place and by chance if they would have, they would of left the game with a negative impression that carry's across these forums and others. This is an opportunity for this company to make a little MORE money on work they have ALREADY done.

Last example for you, I have been playing a lot of RUST while I wait for this game, many times and that's saying it lightly, I have killed a player sometimes a naked player and they rage in chat about why did I kill them? ITS A PVP GAME. You have to expect to die. Its people like this that will stay on YO and its where they belong. Personally I don't want to get bitched at every time I kill someone.

Metal

Post by Metal » 02 Jul 2014, 15:36

@bobik.

In near future, will i be allowed to host more then 200/400~ players server ?

In near future, will i be allowed to use full functions as your offical servers ?

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 02 Jul 2014, 15:38

No and no.

LoneTophat
Alpha Tester

Post by LoneTophat » 05 Jul 2014, 02:03

I'll cut to the chase, I've been on the fence about paying 50 Euros (almost 70 US dollars) for Alpha/Beta/Beyond access. I believe this game can be great, I believe this game could blow Wurm/Mortal Online/Darkfall/etc out of the water. But... Life is Feudal, right? Realistically, with these serious setbacks both financially and game development wise, I'm simply unsure the small independent developer team can live up to expectations, now, in a year, in five years, whenever. The small cash infusion they'll see from this "change of plans" may get hardline (ie: NOT us players/consumers) off their back for awhile, but the stagnation that will result from splitting the team's focus (which is what this will do, no two ways about it) will result in the player base dwindling to a point of no return. I just don't want to see this turning into feature creep / eternal beta, which is what it looks like it's going to do, honestly. I joined a guild that wants to blow this game up, and they've already bought into the small server idea. We'll see how it goes, at this point. 67 US dollars is something I'd spend on a special edition triple A title (such as Fallout, Skyrim, etc) and get some physics goodies with it. I just can't see myself paying that now, for all the shaky ground I'm seeing from the developers. In a few months, things could be VERY different, as others have said, time will tell whether the ship sinks or floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee. I hope for all those who have already bought into the dream, including the Developers who have invested countless hours into making this real, we see a successful indie MMORPG blow up and go home with the gold.

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 05 Jul 2014, 08:33

I have no doubts and actually like the idea a lot. Reminds me a lot of Warband. It'll be like playing PW-mod and then have a real MMO too :D

Seeker
Alpha Tester

Post by Seeker » 05 Jul 2014, 14:15

Guys I want to say this. Yes the LiF: YO doesn't sound like a great idea for a multiple reasons that have been mentioned in the thread already. If the main problem is money which is usually is, when it comes to small developers, then any ways of getting finances is as good as any.
Some people have been winging about 'cash grabbing', come on, do u think people will simply make the game for free, and because its their full time job, they have literally no income. To those people I say, have you tired to live on minimal income in hard conditions? Get out of ur ass and give them you money.
I hope this game would prevail in many ways and will come out on top. I am sure there will be people from other projects that had enough and looking for something new to play. Let us all help promote, finance and contribute to the game.
Rant over. see you on the battlefield. :Yahoo!:
black-company-t1439/ Recruiting young mongrels, misfits and noobs since 2014) 'One day we will find our homeland!'

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/blackc ... 9431228985

Krevente
Alpha Tester

Post by Krevente » 05 Jul 2014, 22:47

I'm going to step out in front in support of the plans here. At first I was really taken back by the LiF:YO announcement. I figured it was a sign of a failing game, but then after a few beers and some arguments on TeamSpeak I came to the conclusion that this might be a better thing than we all realize.

Having played Wurm Online, Mortal Online, Darkfall, Xsyon, Shadowbane and a myriad of other random ass indie games I have come to one conclusion. Some people who were playing those games, shouldn't have been, lol. What I mean by that is that I keep observing open PvP games being taken over by players that whine until death penalties are rolled back, safe zones are overdone and certain game features are made too generic to attempt to appease the crowd.

LiF:YO allows players to customize their game experience if they really want it that bad. Now you can build in peace if you suffer from "Bob the Builder" syndrome as one of my guildmates accuses me of having. If you want to have a closed RP group that doesn't have to worry about PvP, then you can do that as well. If your crew gets totally decimated you can gain some of that morale back on your own server. If you just can't pull yourselves together you can also rally back in peace.

It also allows Bobik and crew to create their own vision for the game unmolested and point towards LiF:YO for those that can't handle the brutal nature of online sandbox PvP games. Rather than having a separate PvE server wasting hosting resources, people can go have their own little sandbox off to the side. Xsyon just split into a PvP and separate PvE server, which is the worst idea because you've taken a low population already and just broke it up to even lower population totals.

I think it's a good answer to an age old question of how to accommodate the carebear crowd without taking away from the PvPers and vice versa. Having full control over your own server settings will allow niche groups to satiate whatever their lust is without having to compromise the main game.

Those that are truly dedicated to the open world sandbox game will have the MMO to play. Rather than trying to fill a world with a majority of victims that don't fight back and hide in the safe zones you'll get competitive players that really do want to create an immersive experience.

TL;DR LiF:YO allows carebears and overly hardcore PvPers (players at the extreme end of the playstyle spectrum) to play in their own little sandbox without detracting from the main feature sets on the main MMO server.

LoneTophat
Alpha Tester

Post by LoneTophat » 05 Jul 2014, 23:12

Krevente wrote:TL;DR LiF:YO allows carebears and overly hardcore PvPers (players at the extreme end of the playstyle spectrum) to play in their own little sandbox without detracting from the main feature sets on the main MMO server.

I never really considered this, but I hope to see the game succeed just like everyone else. Perhaps you're right, and it'll turn out for the best, allowing not only a badly needed cash injection, but also benefit the user experience, through the many examples you gave. I'll see if I can muster the funds to purchase Alpha, if only because of the great connections I've made with our guildmates, Krevente. I think if we have a great group, that'll make this a great game in my book. I hope to see you all in-game!

Madscrills

Post by Madscrills » 06 Jul 2014, 01:03

Greetings everyone,

New to the forums. I didn't read the last 21 pages but I did read the first page of this discussion and the comment above me. Here's my small take on the change for what it's worth.

I plan to play LiF with at least one other buddy of mine. Hopefully I can convince some others to join but I doubt it since this is such a niche game, as has been stated numerous times.

I played Wurm for a while with my buddy and we loved the PvE portion of it. But we longed to be able to do some PvP. Alas, we were always too chicken shit to go to the epic cluster and duke it out because we thought we'd get out shit pushed in immediately.

I will say this. Even though private servers will be available now, We'll be playing on the main server. Sure there will be pvp risk, but that's where the main community and economy will be. What's the point of playing a game like this and not interacting with your fellow players?

I'm not a PvPer, but with the combat system being vastly superior to Wurm, and with world PvP being allowed. I definitely see myself picking up a sword, if anything to defend my little fishing village.

This will be good, and won't affect the main world in the long run from my perspective. Especially since the private servers will be limited to the amount of people you can have and other functions. But that's just my 2 cents.

Flannery
Alpha Tester

Post by Flannery » 06 Jul 2014, 02:07

Madscrills wrote:Greetings everyone,

New to the forums. I didn't read the last 21 pages but I did read the first page of this discussion and the comment above me. Here's my small take on the change for what it's worth.

I plan to play LiF with at least one other buddy of mine. Hopefully I can convince some others to join but I doubt it since this is such a niche game, as has been stated numerous times.

I played Wurm for a while with my buddy and we loved the PvE portion of it. But we longed to be able to do some PvP. Alas, we were always too chicken shit to go to the epic cluster and duke it out because we thought we'd get out shit pushed in immediately.

I will say this. Even though private servers will be available now, We'll be playing on the main server. Sure there will be pvp risk, but that's where the main community and economy will be. What's the point of playing a game like this and not interacting with your fellow players?

I'm not a PvPer, but with the combat system being vastly superior to Wurm, and with world PvP being allowed. I definitely see myself picking up a sword, if anything to defend my little fishing village.

This will be good, and won't affect the main world in the long run from my perspective. Especially since the private servers will be limited to the amount of people you can have and other functions. But that's just my 2 cents.

+1 :beer:
Welcome to the commuity!!! And I feeel for ya :)
We will see you in game I hope :)
"The enemy of my enemy - is my friend"

"Tides of War" Pre Alpha Videos
http://www.tidesofwargame.com

Arthua

Post by Arthua » 06 Jul 2014, 04:10

I can only see private servers as great for guild practice pvp. But I dont see the allure of build a bear players will have. LiF isnt Minecraft, the house building options are meant to be interacted with by a large scale of players.

If the private allow godmode for players and server owners, then it could be something special.

Seeker
Alpha Tester

Post by Seeker » 06 Jul 2014, 13:28

The negative that I see with the private servers, if the builders go that way, will there only be pvper's left and the only thing people will do is PVP, with out doing anything else literally.
I mean u dont really have to build anything to start fighting. I fear it will become like Chivalry but on the bigger scale, and we wont have immersive world and castles and shit like that because we wont have anyone building it up? Cos at the moment its just bare rolling hills and untouched virgin forests waiting for us to be spoiled. :O:

What are people's thoughts on that?
black-company-t1439/ Recruiting young mongrels, misfits and noobs since 2014) 'One day we will find our homeland!'

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/blackc ... 9431228985

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 06 Jul 2014, 18:12

Seeker wrote:The negative that I see with the private servers, if the builders go that way, will there only be pvper's left and the only thing people will do is PVP, with out doing anything else literally.
I mean u dont really have to build anything to start fighting. I fear it will become like Chivalry but on the bigger scale, and we wont have immersive world and castles and shit like that because we wont have anyone building it up? Cos at the moment its just bare rolling hills and untouched virgin forests waiting for us to be spoiled. :O:

You have to build shit in order to have shit ^^
So the most organized guilds with the best castles and best working economy will rule this game.

Besides: I wouldn't mind having Chivalry on a bigger scale. But it's not what this game is.

Thokan
Alpha Tester

Post by Thokan » 06 Jul 2014, 18:24

Several major core features, almost all except crafting, will not be present in LiF:Yolo. Think someone said it won't be like a private minecraft-server, but Im saying that's exactly what it'll be like.

You are free to explore, craft and build but there is no larger player versus player interaction, no continuity, no scale.

If people prefer to play LiF:Yolo over LIF MMO then you would probably not even had met those lonely hermits in-game anyways ;)

Grimfest

Post by Grimfest » 06 Jul 2014, 18:54

Seeker wrote:The negative that I see with the private servers, if the builders go that way, will there only be pvper's left and the only thing people will do is PVP, with out doing anything else literally.

Also you must look at history with games similar to this one. UO, Shadowbane, Darkfall, Mortal Online and others. As the clock ticks down and this game reaches its lasts breaths, PvPers will be all that's left, but, the life span is still yet to be determined. Which means, just like all the other games I mentioned and others, the world will be full of danger/thrill seekers that don't care for PvP much but love the thrill of knowing it could happen if they get caught off guard, I've seen this in almost every game I named.

Play style often is a representation of a persons, real life personality. We can get in to the psychology of gamers and there related play styles, but we can save that for another thread. What I will say is, there will be plenty of players that get there thrills from helping players and providing war minded players with armors, weapons, and other wares, as well as some that seek riches and fame through crafting and building rather then diplomacy and war.

Since we are on the topic here, I will just share that my play style reflects my real life person. I thrive on being the underdog, winning when I should win. hence my darkfall1 guild, against all odds. but I love battle, wars and I never back down from fight, my nickname on the streets is "street fighter," who knows why you'd have to ask the people that gave it to me. :evil:

The game offers much more then just pvp so, you shouldn't worry about there only being pvpers, players of all play styles will be here to take part. Until the end.

Madscrills

Post by Madscrills » 07 Jul 2014, 19:57

Flannery wrote:+1 :beer:

Thanks Friend! You'll definitely be seeing me in game.

Seeker wrote:
The negative that I see with the private servers, if the builders go that way, will there only be pvper's left and the only thing people will do is PVP, with out doing anything else literally.

I'm not a largely PvP oriented player and you'll only ever find me on the main server. Someones gotta build those chivalry arenas don't they? Besides, I have no qualms with being a warmonger or arms dealer. You blood thirsty vagabonds will need someone to supply you with ample mead and weapons to kill each other with. I feel there are plenty like me out there.

Riboy98
Alpha Tester

Post by Riboy98 » 07 Jul 2014, 20:15

Madscrills wrote:
Flannery wrote:+1 :beer:

Thanks Friend! You'll definitely be seeing me in game.

Seeker wrote:

I'm not a largely PvP oriented player and you'll only ever find me on the main server. Someones gotta build those chivalry arenas don't they? Besides, I have no qualms with being a warmonger or arms dealer. You blood thirsty vagabonds will need someone to supply you with ample mead and weapons to kill each other with. I feel there are plenty like me out there.

You have right Madscrills we need somebody to suply us. And welcome from my side to :beer:

Return to General Discussion