Development News #71 — Horse-drawn Carts Rolling out From New Castles!

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #71 — Horse-drawn Carts Rolling out From New Castles!

Post by Arrakis » 29 Sep 2017, 18:31

Hey, Feudalists!

Today we’re introducing the horse-drawn carts feature to Life is Feudal: Your Own on Steam! We are excited to see this long-awaited and highly anticipated feature to be released and available to our players!

It’s time to hit the road! Feel free to check our video showing off how you can interact and work with these awesome new carts:

We’re also glad to inform you that new castle walls models and new keeps were added to LiF:YO too. It is time for you to design some new and interesting castle patterns, protect your guild monuments with large keeps, which now contain patios to display your monuments.

We also recommend you check out today’s LiF:YO patch due to the massive amount of tweaks, mini-features, and fixes that are being presented in our continuing, strong support of the game.

— The team

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Development News #71 — Horse-drawn Carts Rolling out From New Castles!

Post by Khan- » 29 Sep 2017, 18:32

Disponible en Français : sur Lifeisfeudal-fr.com

That's fuckingly huge ! thanks !
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Negan
Devoted Believer

Post by Negan » 30 Sep 2017, 13:12

Great news!!! :beer: :beer:

Disponible en Castellano! :

www.cuervosdelatormenta.com

:beer: :beer: :beer:

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 01 Oct 2017, 10:17

Fast production for the community to see the walls, towers and keeps. Sound is a little crisp on the S's, some ratio clipping at the end of the video, and not much production time went to fluff the end, but let's be honest, you just wanna see those new structures!

Varkoog

Post by Varkoog » 02 Oct 2017, 06:00

:Yahoo!: Awesome update and extras, thank you. We as a gaming community appreciates (and enjoys) your efforts and hard work. :Bravo:

Pretty much the only two issues our guild have is the following:
- Once again, you spawn on top of your house - many, many deaths. Placing a sleeping bag inside does not work anymore.
- This poor character is clumsy as hell. He/she falls almost over everything. I used to jump from a roof to a kiln to the ground, now i fall to the kiln to the ground. A small slope, a chopped down tree log and such, are all potential falling hazards now.

Please hotfix as soon as possible :)

Elindor
True Believer

Post by Elindor » 02 Oct 2017, 17:04

Are we thinking that the wooden keep will get updated to allow for building on top of a monument or no?

Also, am I understanding it correctly that the open area at the bottom of the keeps allows you to build the keep on top of an existing structure, but does not allow you to build in that area AFTER you place the keep (except for the one square for the monument?)

Teodorus

Post by Teodorus » 02 Oct 2017, 17:20

For now in my opinion the only thing what I find "amateurish-ly" made is the doors on the all 3 stone models of Keeps (not the wooden one).

They are all the same , I hoped for some diverse modeled big doors especialy at Castle Keep entrance!

lets hope that they will made it look more hm, how to say glorious!

Oh, and we need that big round castle tower back! Its to pretty to be gone.

And when we will get inside doors for our private chaimbers?

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 02 Oct 2017, 23:45

Elindor wrote:Are we thinking that the wooden keep will get updated to allow for building on top of a monument or no?

Also, am I understanding it correctly that the open area at the bottom of the keeps allows you to build the keep on top of an existing structure, but does not allow you to build in that area AFTER you place the keep (except for the one square for the monument?)

I do hope at some point the wooden keep get's more incentive to be built. A monument slot and updated defensive pass would definitely make it more appealing. Not sure how it could made relevant though, without stone keeps becoming much more difficult to build.

At the time this video was made, we had concluded that the unmodeled space had no purpose. Only 1 tile is "unlocked" and that is intended to be for the monument.

That said, this video most likely has a few commenter and informational errors. I would take anything the commenter says with a grain a salt, as the video is really about seeing the new toys. :beer:

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 02 Oct 2017, 23:50

Teodorus wrote:For now in my opinion the only thing what I find "amateurish-ly" made is the doors on the all 3 stone models of Keeps (not the wooden one).

They are all the same , I hoped for some diverse modeled big doors especialy at Castle Keep entrance!

Yeah, I found it strange that keeps seemed to "evolve". It was almost like building a Regular Stone Keep, was upgrading a Small Stone Keep. The Castle Keep being a few more additions on the Regular Stone Keep. It makes me curious if it was just time investment limitations or if they plan on allowing us to "upgrade" at some point. (which makes a lot more sense than breaking apart your old keep and rebuilding another keep).

A guy can dream.

Forresthunt
Zealous Believer

Post by Forresthunt » 03 Oct 2017, 07:55

thank you Guys, great update.
I just wish we could keep the old castle design as well.
it's already there, make it cheaper to build, or better yet, different resources needed to build it. Make it players choice.
it would definitely make the landscape more interesting. variety is always good.

thanks again, :beer:

ps. now, that you figure out how to combine four separate movable items the ships and boats should present much less problem.
no rush, this we can wait for, ...now the big deal is to make the game available to us all
good job

carranah
Zealous Believer

Post by carranah » 05 Oct 2017, 17:08

Any ETA for getting these beefy changes to MMO as well?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 05 Oct 2017, 20:48

carranah wrote:Any ETA for getting these beefy changes to MMO as well?

Hopefully within next couple weeks.

JohnValentine
Zealous Believer

Post by JohnValentine » 22 Oct 2017, 13:36

Thanks for updating the keeps. Just noticed the other monument tiles have been "unlocked". (assuming it wasn't just user error on my part) 8-)

Return to Development News