I was playing LIF:YO for like 80 hours and I have bunch of questions about it.
542. Will there be content outside of Europe/Russia? I mean something like Japanese swords, armor, houses, trees, etc as well as arabian, african, greek, egyptian stuff?There are already some Byzantium/Mongolian stuff in game
543. Will the timeline be extended to something like 1500-1600 years with mushkets, cannons, etc?So far we had planned no gunpowder in game. Plans had not changed yet
544. Will there be more stone age stuff and more smoother transition between stick'n'stones and iron age?It is not like technological advancement. It is just some primitive tools to get going and are designed to be temporary. You are not advancing your civilization somehow it is just a crafting chain
545. Will we get better building system? For now every village feels the same, so will be great to see more like a "panel/block" bulding system for houses. So you don't build the whole premade house, but making it in more creative way by planning how much rooms, floors you want.
I think it will be easy to just separate your premade buildings to different parts and make it more like a "LEGO", so it will bring hell lot of creativity and stuff to do for everyone.We plan modular housing on some later stages of development.
546. Claims are ok for something like coop, but it feels strange for houses. It says that you need a lock to build a door, so may be it will be easier to have something like a keys? You have a key - you can open a door, don't have one - open it by force.Land claims should solve all troubles
547. NPC Bandit's villages. I know that you won't make NPCs because of terraforming issues, but what if just make premade villages with premade territorry with walls and NPCs inside of it.
Now we have PvP problems, because when you made a new sword, you WANT to test it, and you go and kill some random guy, not because you want to kill him, but only because you want to test your new sword. So it will be great to have something like a bunch of NPCs to test your sword.
Let's say that kind of village will appear at the middle of nowhere once a day or week. And bandits inside of it have some supplies and resources, but it's not easy to capture, so you need to group up to do so. And after you capture it you can put in on fire and get some alignment, so there won't be hell lot of empty villages and you have stuff to do with your new swords.
And also "warrior" like players will be gathering resources by doing that kind of job.We plan some "Natives" that will dwell underground and appear randomly and haunt mines. We had a long term plan to implement a certain relic. Once you place that relic in the middle of tunnels maze and activate it, it will start spawning natives in a spherical area around it (big area), turning your tunnels into dungeon. We will work out some bonuses to those, who had managed to pass that dungeon and activate a relic.
548. Will there be mod support? Because LIF:YO feel like it needs some community help to become even more enjoyable with more maps, more stuff to do, more role play, more everything. For example mount and blade still alive because of mods, same with TES, ARMA, Minecraft, etc.Yes, we will definitely try to add some modding, though it is not that easy as it sounds
549. Will there be ship-villages? I know that you are planning to add ships in a later stages, but what about SHIP KINGDOM or stuff like that?Probably not.
550. Contracts. Will be great to see something like contracts which you can create and sign. And if you don't do something what you should because of signed contratc: your alignment is going down and vise versa.
It will make guild relationship and even Player-Player relationship more politic alike.It will be really hard to properly track fulfillment of those contracts or they will be quite basic. I'd rather say "no"
551. Food poisoning. Will be great to be able to poison all of enemies food when you are at the state of war with someone. Just give some gold to the enemy's cook Probably not.
552. Engine optimisation. Looks like trees is taking A LOT of FPS (Because of alpha channel I suppose). And it looks like engine still rendering all the trees even when you don't see it. I was in the tunnel and when I looked up - it was like 15 fps drop %)We're doing it constantly
553. Will we be able to catch animals without traps? Actual chickens, rabbits in the world, not just inside the traps?Probably not.
554. Music instruments? Looks like you are planning for arts, statues, etc, but will I be able to make Steinway & Sons grand piano and play it? xDMight be
555. Alchogol? Drugs? Effects for them? Like CHARGE for alchogol and better art level with cocain?will see.
556. Weather effects? Now we have only fog and clouds, but what about storms, rain, snow, dust, tornado Oo?Yes, we will implement more weather sometime soon.
557. Combat. Now we have only 4 direction combat style like M&B do, but what about diagonal attacks? Also double hand weapons, Musashi Miyamoto combat style? (I mean one handed weapon in 2 hands.)
Different combat moves depending on weapon type you have, like no piercing attack, but slashing attack from bottom to top for katana like swords?Doubt that.
558. Furniture placement. For now you can't place it inside of your house, you need to place it outside of it, then move it inside throught a wall, so this is pretty tricky and pretty annoying to do.It is planned to be introduced in one of the next patches.
That is it. May be I forgot something, but that some thoughts, questions I got by testing LIF:YO.