MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

Post by Khan- » 03 Jul 2016, 08:56

128. How will the personnal claim be materialized ? As the monument is the center of the guild claim, will there be something visible to show you a personnal claim, a statue, a flag, an urn, a bed ... ? and will its area be shown to players ?

• Answer: Yes, this area will be visible to all players in a similar manner as guild claims are visible now. We don't like the idea of some kind of monument blocking part of your personal claim. We think that player will have to perform some kind of sacrifice directly into the ground tile to resize, maintain and manage his personal claim.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Dleatherus
Beta Tester

Post by Dleatherus » 03 Jul 2016, 16:12

with being able to rent a house/claim in the starter city, and own a 'normal' house/claim out in the 'wilds', how will praying home work?

- will you get a choice each time you pray as to which house/claim to return to or will you have to choose which home/claim to be permanently bound to? (possible to reset once a day/week?)

- if you get a choice between the two house/claims, will there be a cooldown timer on praying to prevent abuse of warp speed travel?

- if you rent a large home with many bind spots in the starter city, will you be able to invite your friends to bind also (up to the bind spot limit) - and if so, will you be able to manage the bind list/access to containers etc?

- will the trading posts in the starter city be up for rent also, and if so, how will those function?

- will the rental of a claim have a limit of 1/2/3 per account?

- if you rent a claim outside of the city walls will plots be limited in size to accommodate up to the Big 3 Story homes or will you be able to build a castle/mini village with smithy/kitchen/warehouse etc?

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 04 Jul 2016, 18:44

130. What are the final plans for skillcap? After the new skill tree you said 400, beta 0 is 600. Do you plan to lower it for stage 1,2,release?

• Already answered in question 9:
    Answer: Skillcap will be 400, and everything will be flexible, these are beta tests after all ;) Throughout the testing, with your help and suggestions we will determine what will require changes.

Patriot_eke
Zealous Believer

Post by Patriot_eke » 05 Jul 2016, 19:32

Hello,

First of all thank you for all of your hard work. I appreciate the quality and solid supply of the drug otherwise known as Life is Feudal.

Will fall damage be implemented in the mmo?

It is a serious issue in YO of course since not taking fall damage makes a lot of our defenses very weak. Attackers would be delayed more and have to be far more careful if fall damage were implemented.

I too purchased YO years ago and have 1800 hours played, but I am not an "original backer." Please seriously consider allowing those of us with lots of played hours into the next wave.

I know there are some early backers that are not even using their mmo access, and it is very frustrating for a person who would love to help the developers.

Many thanks,

Patriot_Eke

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 06 Jul 2016, 08:14

131. The devs team will play to the game? :D
Are they moderate/admin the world or the job will be done by another team?

(Sorry for my english)

• Answer: Some of the team members will perform GM duties.

McHedgehoghunter
Devoted Believer

Post by McHedgehoghunter » 06 Jul 2016, 15:30

132. Is there going to be an official Server language like english? Or is it up to the players which language they use ?

• Answer: We will encourage English communication. But indeed there will be no repercussions for those who use their native language.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 06 Jul 2016, 19:09

McHedgehoghunter wrote:132. Is there going to be an official Server language like english? Or is it up to the players which language they use ?

• Answer: We will encourage English communication. But indeed there will be no repercussions for those who use their native language.

English will be the common language as Latin was in early middle ages, or French in late middle ages :)

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 07 Jul 2016, 14:39

133.shall we join into MMO of #2 before the end of 2017?
if not please as possible as you can

• Answer: CBT Wave #1 itself will last for few months, so chances are that it may not happen so soon.
丨Revenge丨Unity丨Brave丨Yeomanry |

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 09 Jul 2016, 03:06

134.Could i have a chance for joinning #1,im not an original baker and have a gold or silver name, but i m having more than 1000 game hours .

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 09 Jul 2016, 08:45

Lophier wrote:134.Could i have a chance for joinning #1,im not an original baker and have a gold or silver name, but i m having more than 1000 game hours .

stop asking -_-
they will announce the eligibilty rules for the wave #1... you'll see very soon if you are a part of the wave #1 or not...

LordSekmeth
Alpha Tester

Post by LordSekmeth » 10 Jul 2016, 22:11

EDIT: Sorry just realized this is only about the testing. Ignore me please ;)

Spoiler

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 11 Jul 2016, 00:18

142. You said ready advanced guild mechanics are one of the must be ready points in order to start wave 1. What is their current stage of development? Active development, polishing, closed testing?

• Answer: Active development.

143. When you fix the top 5 issues (monuments, horse data, homepraying, stats, ) will you apply it to wave 0 or start wave 1 right away? Same about the advanced guild mechanics. Will they get fast test in wave 0 or they are for wave 1?

• Answer: With all those fixes I think we will ask for a short Wave #0 test run from or testers. And if there will be no huge bugs detected, then we will bring servers down for an update, map resources reshuffle and will start Wave #1 right away.
Last edited by Sharana on 12 Jul 2016, 12:12, edited 1 time in total.

Cattoaster

Post by Cattoaster » 12 Jul 2016, 11:20

144. It saddens me that question 122 has not been answered yet, or any feedback has not yet been given. Do you have already an idea how all LiF:YO owners will join the MMO in wave #2?

• Answer: LiF:MMO will be on Steam, just not right from the start, since Steam integration takes its time too. LiF:YO owners can just link their Steam account on our site (https://lifeisfeudal.com/billing/accoun ... -links.php) and according to Steam API documentation we should be able to verify LiF:YO ownership automatically. If that linked account will have LiF:YO - then it will have access to according beta wave without waiting for it to appear on Steam.

Kivvi8

Post by Kivvi8 » 13 Jul 2016, 08:45

Where can you see if you have a (golden nicknames on our forum boards) ? Just to know which wave i could get into :)

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 13 Jul 2016, 11:48

Kivvi8 wrote:Where can you see if you have a (golden nicknames on our forum boards) ? Just to know which wave i could get into :)

you forum nick isn't teal or yellow, then you'll get wave #2, unless you are eligible for the wave #1 but they didn't tell us who is eligible for this

McHedgehoghunter
Devoted Believer

Post by McHedgehoghunter » 18 Jul 2016, 10:58

How will the Guild system work ? There are many rumors and I have seen different informations on other websites and they are all quite confusing. :

Hurlzalot
Devoted Believer

Post by Hurlzalot » 18 Jul 2016, 12:41

McHedgehoghunter wrote:How will the Guild system work ? There are many rumors and I have seen different informations on other websites and they are all quite confusing. :

You can look here where it says "Guild Claims in Life is Feudal MMORPG - Current for MMORPG Beta". http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Claim Gives a general outline of how it will be. I'm sure they will have more info when it is more complete.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 19 Jul 2016, 21:47

145. Earlier there were some plans to make weapons/armors production more complex in the MMO compared to YO. If I remember correctly there was also idea to cap the quality depending on the material used meaning iron produces up to 60 quality tools/weapons/armors, steel up to 90 and vostaskus steel up to 100. Also royal armors with vostaskus steel only.
So are there such plans for the MMO or the recipes will stay the same as in LiF:YO? If yes can we expect changes for wave 1 or closer to release?

• Answer: We still have those plans and they're actually in the middle of development. We plan to implement a blueprint system that will appear occasionally during crafting and can be used to make better armors and weapons. Also, we plan to implement regional resources for such blueprints. So you will need a certain ore from a certain map region ("northern, southern, eastern etc. ore) a certain wood, leather and other resources from other regions. We expect that it will boost trade and map control in MMO significantly. Same system will be implemented for LiF:YO too, though regions on a YO map scale will not be that big and far from each other.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 21 Jul 2016, 14:07

146. Will you put graphical mecanics (other than tabards) to recognize allies/friends/enemies, like coloured nicks, or will we have to "learn to know people and to know our ennemies and allies ?
Or coloured nicks will stick to the alignment mecanics ?

• Answer: Errrm, we already have colored nicknames in the alignment system, that is right. And of course, with proper guilds political system, your leader will ally some guilds and wage war with another and you will see their nicknames properly colored. But in order to see a nickname, you must be close, while tabard might tell you more from a distance, so it will be a good idea to memorize some of them. We plan to implement wearable banners/flags a bit later. We also have plans that fortifications (keep, gatehouse, towers etc) will have their own flags depending on a guild claim they are standing on.

Hurlzalot
Devoted Believer

Post by Hurlzalot » 22 Jul 2016, 00:25

Sharana wrote:145. Earlier there were some plans to make weapons/armors production more complex in the MMO compared to YO. If I remember correctly there was also idea to cap the quality depending on the material used meaning iron produces up to 60 quality tools/weapons/armors, steel up to 90 and vostaskus steel up to 100. Also royal armors with vostaskus steel only.
So are there such plans for the MMO or the recipes will stay the same as in LiF:YO? If yes can we expect changes for wave 1 or closer to release?

• Answer: We still have those plans and they're actually in the middle of development. We plan to implement a blueprint system that will appear occasionally during crafting and can be used to make better armors and weapons. Also, we plan to implement regional resources for such blueprints. So you will need a certain ore from a certain map region ("northern, southern, eastern etc. ore) a certain wood, leather and other resources from other regions. We expect that it will boost trade and map control in MMO significantly. Same system will be implemented for LiF:YO too, though regions on a YO map scale will not be that big and far from each other.

147. Great info, sounds like a great way to promote trading and travel, as well more options for crafting :good: . Will this sort of thing be implemented in the beta (#1-2?), or after the beta?

• Answer: In the middle of the Wave #1 hopefully ;)

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 06 Aug 2016, 13:57

148.how many players would you wish to let us to join on the next wave(1),i mean by who are not original backer and silver name player.
could you suppose to enlarge this group of people ?

• Answer: Yes, it will be possible. But I cannot provide any certain info so far.

Cinstea
True Believer

Post by Cinstea » 11 Aug 2016, 01:34

hi, i bought the game the day it came out on steam, but joined the website before that. i have over 2500 hrs ingame.

i was wondering will there be, or is there currently a way to register for the next beta wave of testing? a way to show interest in participating for example.

cheers.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 20 Aug 2016, 17:26

149. Will the new armors announced replace the old armors ? Or will we have a larger armor selection ?
(As you said you will tell us more about an overhauled armor system )

• Answer: They will be an alternative skin for existing armors. Nothing much more I can say now.

150. As you answered here you will bring to the game racial buildings, custom buildings, we now know there will be racial armors (it is said slavard padded armor :twisted: )...
In the religion mecanics you Will implement, do you plan to split it in 2,3, or more religions (and then spécific churches/temples) or Will it stay the same for all ?

• Answer: Racial buildings are not even close to completion, so I cannot say when exactly we will implement them. Same story with customizable houses. As about racial armors, we also keep them in mind as a vector for future development. We have all those plans, but still overloaded with more important stuff :(
    Regions will work only for resources. At least that is our current plan. Religion will be one and the same, but yes, we do some kind of religion and belief twists for different races. But these are also distant plans.

edit : pretty awesome, thanks !

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 22 Aug 2016, 07:50

151. Will you delete General Channel ? I heard some rumors about it but I can't find any devs confirmation.

• Answer: Not decided yet.

152. What will be exactly GM role? Moderation only (language abuse) or they will ban for bugs exploits (as disconnect at the "feet" of a wall to reconnect above) ?

• Answer: Slight moderation (we're 18+ after all), exploits and cheats detection, baning and support of different events.

153. Economically speaking, I see three way to paying yourself with the MMO : digital (only?) sales, character sales and InGame Shop.

Your business plan expect growing devs team or keep the actual size?
(153 bonus) Can you confim InGame Cash shop will only give cosmetic change and NO bonus?

• Answer: Yes, we plan to grow our team to keep up with the size.
    We want to stick to such vision of only cosmetic or non-combat affecting slight bonuses. For instance, we plan that if you want to have a bigger personal claim, you will have to pay premium currency rate then (though size will be limited). It is still too far to talk about the in-game shop, since we mostly rely on character tickets sales for now.

154. I readed you are currently working on Claim system. It's seems it the only thing witch delay the Wave 0 end. That's right or have you some others difficulties?

• Answer: Mostly yes, Guilds and political system along with claims delays us the most.

155. As you havent time for doing a proper roadmap -which I totally understood, Keep busy guys ! :D - can you do a quick ESTIMATION of your priority (or) internal roadmap?

• Answer: Finish those Guilds, make a release of Wave#1, implement global trading (via Trading posts) and regional resources and crafting system and battles system.

Players, remember all the team don't work on the same part of the project (graphic designers aren't working on programming the claim system for example).

Thanks for all your works guys! :Bravo:

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 22 Aug 2016, 10:01

156.What kind of stuffs would you dev like to be in the cash shop,any idea for the armor skin replacement that you mentioned formerly? im ready for my purse !:D

• Answer: Armor reskins, beautiful [no drop] clothes, titles, taunts (animation and voice), ability to bear guild flag and so on.

Taki94

Post by Taki94 » 22 Aug 2016, 11:05

Hello
First of all im pretty sorry for my bad english :3

157. I want to know if there are already german translations or if the community can help translate game strings. (?)

• Answer: Community helps with translating game strings [here]

--------

158. The second thing i want to know is: Will the game selled as own game or with YO? I think a own game but will people with YO already buyed become some bonus or something? :)

//EDIT: found some thread in steam forums

Saxxon:
"Buy to play and you get a free character in the mmo with the purchase of this game.

For the latest news and information and to keep confusion down between the two titles all discussion for the mmo is at lifeisfeudal.com"

Thanks for understanding.

--------

(other related question) My last question: Is there any method we can donate you guys for that amazing work?

• Answer: Feel free to buy a couple of Steam codes for LiF:YO :) Keep in mind that if player owns LiF:YO - he will receive a free character ticket in MMO

--------

Never saw such active Early Access games. I mean active in developing. Most of them are dieing ^^

greez from vienna and have a great day :beer:

Taki94

Post by Taki94 » 22 Aug 2016, 12:44

Sorry for double post but how is the server concept? Is it 1 big server or many servers for different countries/continents?

I want to ask because if u sort them in countries can you add smaller countries like Austria to the German server for example?

maybe all this was asked before but i can't find something with SF

• Answer: We will have one server located in Germany most likely, and maybe later we will think about some regional servers.

Dalin
Beta Tester

Post by Dalin » 22 Aug 2016, 17:40

More technical issues.

160: I want to know how is related between different dedicated servers?

• Answer: There is no relation between different dedicated servers. Dedicated servers got nothing to do with our MMO and our servers

161: Database levels. Inventories of players are on a database by servers (tile on the MMO) or on a dedicated server? More generally (if you have time to answer me), how are organized MMO databases?

• Answer: If I understood that question correctly - there is one DB instance for all MMO server nodes.
Traducteur FR - Gestionnaire du Wiki FR - Bijoutier des TdM

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 30 Aug 2016, 20:58

161. Can you reveal some details about the climate? I recently stumbled upon Bobik's presentation at recent gamedev conference in Russia. It had good amounts of info, but most importantly insides in his vision how he sees the game, the balance etc.
Anyway that slide catched my attention and I would like to get some more details:

So it seems we will have 7 climate zones (desert, tropic, subtropic, temperate, continental, subarctic and arctic) - more then the 3 we were kind of expecting :) Can you explain more about them and their effect on gameplay? I mean we can currently dump soil in the desert or in arctic island and farm/grow trees.
1) Will it have impact on harvesting amount on crops?
  • Answer: Yes it will affect via weather in that climate.
2) What about trees - grow time or quality?
  • Answer: Same as above.
3) Also what about different cultures (wheat, beans, potato) and different trees - can we grow any of them in any of the climate zones?
  • Answer: No limitations are planned.
4) What about livestock - that slide shows green (either temperate climate or spring season) good for cattle - better breeding times and if yes what of the mentioned (climate or season)?
  • Answer: Livestock breeding will be affected by weather/climate as well.
5) Have you decided about the time - here it says 180 (3h) are 1 ingame day which means 24h for crops and that was not the case on wave 0.
  • Answer: Not yet really. We're looking into 4-6 real life hours per in-game day. But we'll see. Crops growth time will still be the same (9-12 in game days).

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 31 Aug 2016, 01:21

162. I've recently been playing on the Arkhaya server, where they have implemented the more complicated recipes for armors using small plates, leather strips, wires, and more.

Will these be implemented in Wave1 or 2? I can see the items in the GM Mode listings on this website.

• Answer: Not exactly these, but we want to tweak craft and crafting recipes.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to General Discussion