161. Can you reveal some details about the climate? I recently stumbled upon Bobik's presentation at recent gamedev conference in Russia. It had good amounts of info, but most importantly insides in his vision how he sees the game, the balance etc.
Anyway that slide catched my attention and I would like to get some more details:
So it seems we will have 7 climate zones (desert, tropic, subtropic, temperate, continental, subarctic and arctic) - more then the 3 we were kind of expecting
Can you explain more about them and their effect on gameplay? I mean we can currently dump soil in the desert or in arctic island and farm/grow trees.
1) Will it have impact on harvesting amount on crops?
- Answer: Yes it will affect via weather in that climate.
2) What about trees - grow time or quality?
3) Also what about different cultures (wheat, beans, potato) and different trees - can we grow any of them in any of the climate zones?
- Answer: No limitations are planned.
4) What about livestock - that slide shows green (either temperate climate or spring season) good for cattle - better breeding times and if yes what of the mentioned (climate or season)?
- Answer: Livestock breeding will be affected by weather/climate as well.
5) Have you decided about the time - here it says 180 (3h) are 1 ingame day which means 24h for crops and that was not the case on wave 0.
- Answer: Not yet really. We're looking into 4-6 real life hours per in-game day. But we'll see. Crops growth time will still be the same (9-12 in game days).