MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Re: MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 02 Nov 2016, 06:29

188 ,firsty thank you dev give me the chance to gain acess to the full beta test !
anda durinng the test i have a question that, when i get in through one of a Dispatcher Servers,and left it, suddenly i found that it get close DOWN.... i dont know if it was caused by me or not,whether it was a technical problem or just you dev were testing the stress and close it temporarily
Sorry for my bad english
  • Answer: Thank you for your report.
189,i m very fond of the halloween event and red creepy sky, could i ask that if it will be added into MMO ? or just like some horrible events such as "blood moon the Dead arise and attack people", just like the anime "Attack on Titan"
  • Answer: We see that people like our cracking sky with a sleeper's sign on it. We will definitely use it more in some events and occasions.
丨Revenge丨Unity丨Brave丨Yeomanry |

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 02 Nov 2016, 10:36

189. Sieges will be instancied but it will possible to construct building during a siege?
  • Answer: We want to keep sieges uninstanced, but in any case, we will not allow to construct capital buildings during sieges. Only to repair buildings and place some siege related stuff (trebuchets, sapper charges, siege ladders etc)
190. What about digging during the siege? (I think it will be allowed just for mining and weapon supplying but i prefer asking)
  • Answer: It will be allowed.
191. What about destruction at this end of the siege? The defender town will "pop" destroyed if they lose?
  • Answer: Only monument will pop. So attackers will be able to place their own monument and reclaim the city.
192. During a siege, on the world server, how will appear the defender town?
- Nothing special, it's a void castle/town
- Nobody can enter in
- A special animation /pop up for be warn about siege is on the way
  • Answer: Again, if the siege will NOT be instanced (as we want it), then everyone will see the siege as it goes and will be able to join as the third party or to backstab someone. If we will have to make sieges instanced, then we will probably lock the areas somehow.
193. For devs, human-climbing and horse-climbing (over a wall) is a fair mecanic or a "bug-exploit"?
This mecanism do a lot of debate within player. I think a clarification from you will be really constructive for all the community.
  • Answer: I think it is a feature. :) The same as it is feature in Counter Strike. But we plan to implement siege ladders sooner or later that will be more suitable to get over the walls.
194. Same question about crate's overlap.
(Indeed, as ladders aren't implanted this two methods are almost the only way to go on a castle so... last question :)
  • Answer: Same answer.
195. When will you think implant siege weaponry as ladder and ram? :D
  • Answer: Early 2017
And thanks for all your work and the time you take to answer us.
Really appreciate

ThorneRazeri
Beta Tester

Post by ThorneRazeri » 03 Nov 2016, 16:04

ThorneRazeri wrote:187) The last beta wave (#.5) had a skill multiplier of 10. What is the MMO skill multiplier equal to in YO terms? From my testing it would appear to be .1

• Answer: Hard to tell, since we've reworked almost all skills progressions, with some skills/abilities progressing faster and some slower. Overall progression speed might be slower, that LiF:YO x1, but I doubt it x0.1.

Thanks! I see I misspoke my question though. I meant to say that with the skill multiplier x10 in the last wave (meaning the MMO GA version would be 10 times slower), if that would be the equivalent of .1 in YO.

You answered the root of my question though. Thanks!

Saar wrote:192. During a siege, on the world server, how will appear the defender town?
- Nothing special, it's a void castle/town
- Nobody can enter in
- A special animation /pop up for be warn about siege is on the way
  • Answer: Again, if the siege will NOT be instanced (as we want it), then everyone will see the siege as it goes and will be able to join as the third party or to backstab someone. If we will have to make sieges instanced, then we will probably lock the areas somehow.

196) Will any of the 3rd party participants be able to attack the monument, or can only the original attackers destroy it?

• Answer: Yes, they will be able to do that.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 04 Nov 2016, 06:37

197. Could you consider to rebalance the weapon`s blocking ? the current one are too OP and can block mostly all types of attack,especially spear and halberd`s piercing ,i think that is not realistic.so the shield are less useful than by pressing right click....
  • Answer: It is being tweaked now. Next week you can expect LiF:YO beta branch release with heavily modified combat, including changes in blocking/parrying.

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 04 Nov 2016, 17:39

198. Are you considering allowing realm (not city) claims to cover larger areas? Do you plan on allowing realm clams to expand infinitely so that borders may collide to create conflict?
  • Answer: Yes, realm areas will be quite big and will certainly collide with other realm claims if they're too near. But the range of realm claims will be finite. Large, but finite.
199. How do you envision the regional resource system expanding? Will it eventually be necessary for quality over a certain amount? Will it be required for more items?
  • Answer: Let's see how current implementation works in real game first ;)

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 06 Nov 2016, 11:42

200. What can you say about guilds in the beta, invitations for whole guilds, free keys for guilds masters ? :beer:
  • Answer: Nothing much I can say now. We're still deciding about how to act properly.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 06 Nov 2016, 13:11

201.Will this short beta test being wiped before Wave#1 ? and will the next short test being able to add the new combat mechanics ?
  • Answer: Yes it will be wiped. As for combat, hopefully, yes, chances are high.

StuntmanB0b
Beta Tester

Post by StuntmanB0b » 07 Nov 2016, 09:34

202)
How long (ingamedays) does it take for a tree to grow to a major tree? btw. I think medium tree is the half of this time. Am I right?
(please note it for all trees)
Juniper
Mulberry Tree
Apple Tree
Spruce
Pine

Hazel
Birch
aspen
Maple
Elm
Oak

203)
Does it take the same count of ingamedays for YO as for MMO?

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 07 Nov 2016, 11:06

StuntmanB0b wrote:202)
How long (ingamedays) does it take for a tree to grow to a major tree? btw. I think medium tree is the half of this time. Am I right?

tree-growth-in-beta-t20808/page10/#p83938
(Not defined yet)

Azazavr

Post by Azazavr » 07 Nov 2016, 11:14

Saar wrote:

(Not defined yet)

50 gaming days.
It's been implemented to make wood more valuable resource

Kazar
Beta Tester

Post by Kazar » 07 Nov 2016, 12:22

203) Will there be a possibility in future to change a rights for Minor Leader, 1st tier Member, ...etc for seeing guild members, edit rank rights on Town claim, Real claim. Because now Minor Leader can only see standings of a guild and nothing else. They can not see guild members, and their rank, ...etc. Will this be someway changed or adjusted ?
  • Answer: Minor Leader? We already have a guild ranks system. Guild leader will be able to designate certain rules for certain buildings on its claim for certain guild ranks.

EDIT: Yes, that is good. Let me explain on an example: Minor Leader can see only guild "Standings" (if a guild is in war with another guild) in the global politics system in web browser. He cant see a list of members, he would actually have to log in a game a see it in monument. He cant see what rights or ranks have his guildmates, isnt this a too few options in a global politics for a second most important person in a claim ?
  • Answer: Well, we will see how it works in current state. We do understand that everyone wants to have as flexible management tools as possible, but that is not quite possible at such stages of development.
Ave BIA

StuntmanB0b
Beta Tester

Post by StuntmanB0b » 07 Nov 2016, 16:05

Saar wrote:

(Not defined yet)

I know this thread and there my question wasn't awnsered. Therefore I started a question here to listen a correct awnser from the devs. I can imagine that devs aren't found a conclusion for growth rate in MMO, but I want to know the settings for YO at the moment. Maybe I have to change my qustion a bit.

202 A)
How long (ingamedays) does it take for a tree to grow to a major tree in LIF:YO? btw. I think medium trees take half of this time. Am I right?

(please note it for all trees)
Spoiler

• Answer: Roughly a week for a medium tree and one more week for major.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 07 Nov 2016, 16:48

203. The team is working on the voted suggestion "sitting in chairs/ducking", sitting is here, but what about crouching ? I also know laying down in a bed is planned, any ETA for this ? (even it's not a very important feature :D ), do you also plan to let us prone ?
  • Answer: We plan to implement crouching and climbing simultaneously so a user that will enter climbing mode will have a lower profile. No ETA for laying in bed yet.
204. Are new emotes in the tracks ? An infinite "kneel" emote could be fun (we should press the emote again to stand up), "one hand up" also for voting... etc...
  • Answer: Not really. Not our priority at the moment.
205. With this Halloween event, will you bring to both games more events like this ?
  • Answer: Yes, that is definitely what we are going for.
206. Will the "server status map" will stay up after the release ? Cannot your turn off for players the "number of players in each server", it could kill defense or surprise attack.

Or, do you plan to give full information to enemies, like: guild members list, the number of players (so we can calculate how many rerolls they have etc). You listened to me when I was afraid of claim display by night and you are changing it, now, the number affect strategy too.
  • Answer: We will keep the statistics as it is now. When there will be more players around the game map overall, players fluctuations will not be that visible/obvious.
207. As you answered me for the claim display, you said it will be shown in the diplomacy map, will we see any information like I said above ? or only the guild name and claim/kingdom claim ?
  • Answer: We plan to show guild name and kingdom name (if it is a part of it).

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 08 Nov 2016, 12:19

208. any Fog Of War in plans?
  • Answer: Fog of War where? :shock:
209. wipe before 11/11 test wave in plans? we need to spread amount of work between our guild members and plan it, incl professions to train. it not a secret the first day and later days requires different professions from guild members.
  • Answer: There won't be a wipe before 11/11 tests.
210. we were promised to recieve info about all timers settings - crop grow, each kind of tree grow in the exact number of game days, decay timers for tunnels and so on - we need it to check if it does work as intended =)
  • Answer: Yes, but we had not set them all in stone yet :)
211. the pluged tiles what were nor used for crop becomes "green" (texture) on next gameday. but it doesnt become really green - cant gather fibers. is that a bug? ot its OK for it?
  • Answer: Not sure what you mean here. It will be best if you'll report this with some screenshots to our support at helpme@lifeisfeudal.com
212. short test runs cant give us a way to properly test long-growing things as trees and claims =) how soon in plans you have any longer test runs (couple of weeks or longer) ?
  • Answer: Hopefully closer to the end of this month ;)
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 08 Nov 2016, 14:46

213.Any idea for fully costumized charactor setting,such as “face puching”“height”,or just new hairstyle saled in the cash shop?I think the former is very very fascinating(especially for me ;) ),
because during the time of terrianforming or some other works was little boring,then we can enjoy our charactor`s beautiful face,hairstyle or clothes :D
  • Answer: Sure, why not :) That is no our top priority, but sometime later next year - why not?

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 09 Nov 2016, 12:56

Karabas wrote:208. any Fog Of War in plans?
  • Answer: Fog of War where? :shock:

On minimap =)
Spoiler
  • Answer: We have no minimap, we have a full-scale map. But it shows only actual terrain and will show towns and guilds that own them. Such map will be there anyway, no matter how hard you will try to conceal it. It will just be run by enthusiasts, but that is a Stone age. In normal MMOs, such service goes as it is. That is a utopia - trying to conceal something, that other players already know about.
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 09 Nov 2016, 18:02

215. Any crown planned ? Only worn by guild masters or even kings, or set in permission guilds ? The model could be seen even above helmet armors and cannot be looted ?
  • Answer: Probably. Nothing certain yet.
216. Who is the Sleeper ? (I tried to get information or answers in my post in lore forum :( )
  • Answer: Our God. We're reworking lore and we're looking for a proper loremaster now to properly present it to players.
217. Do you plan any kind of public leaderboards or weekly/monthly bulletin ? Like : highest/lowest alignment, best skill progression on a day, most killed or most dead person etc. It could also track some cheating/bug exploit using
  • Answer: Maybe. No certain plans yet.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 10 Nov 2016, 17:14

218. Churches in medieval Times were shrines, no one were allowed to kill inside AND outside them between a short range or their soul will burn in Hell forever...
Any plans like this belief with the ingame churches, special alignment malus (dunno if this word is used in English... If no, opposite of bonus) for killing a player (worse than normal case), or nothing and game mechanics will stay the same :angel:
  • Answer: We don't have churches in game yet. And we have not decided yet if our religion will need those and if it does - how they'll look like. Neither we think that in our feudal world there will be extra punishment for a kill in the certain area.
219. What happened to the fish dryer we can see in the press kit ? :D
  • Answer: It is still trying to find his place in the actual game :)
220. Is there a limit to the number of allied guilds a kingdom can be composed of ? And same question for guilds and guild members
  • Answer: We plan no limits for alliance guild members (well, maybe like 1000 or so, virtually impossible to reach). As about guilds size - we still plan to tweak it, but we aim for something like 250 guild members per largest lvl 4 monument.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 11 Nov 2016, 06:27

221.Do you plan to add more speedy buff to the "shoes" ,such as plate boot, because.. feet without any wear shouldnt get faster than it have. most of players now even dont wear boots for shank are little chance to be hit, after the patch 1157,even the trap clips no longer hit the shank any more, shoes lost it advantage again,so i suggust it to add more speed point to player so it could be more useful :)
  • Answer: Good point, we'll consider that. Though mounted warriors should suffer more from leg injuries.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 12 Nov 2016, 11:53

222. When the war is declared to another guild, we have 24hrs to get allies to the battle. The battlefield Will be instanced. (As far as we know from the Dev team ;) )
Here the question : Will all the players invited to the battle have to go in a certain place at à certain time or will they receive a popup inviting them to the battlefield and then being tp to it ?
  • Answer: We will probably make some kind of a rallying point or such battle initiation will require troops to be gathered in a keep.

Weye
Devoted Believer

Post by Weye » 13 Nov 2016, 14:51

223: Will the current functionality of the crossbow be how they will work in the mmo? it seems kind of silly that the crossbow needs to "charge up" after loading to increase power and range
  • Answer: That is definitely a bug.

ThorneRazeri
Beta Tester

Post by ThorneRazeri » 13 Nov 2016, 17:32

224: I don't remember if this has been asked before, but will intended hostiles be able to participate in a battle if they are far across the map? Or will then need to have a monument or war banner within a certain distance (example: Siege Stones in Darkfall)
  • Answer: Good point. We might implement some kind of a Challenge banner that has to be placed on a defenders country claim. That makes sense.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 13 Nov 2016, 19:00

225. Do you think possible to add a "cracking" and "bruising" sound when a horse or a man go through a undergrowth ? :)
  • Answer: It is not easy as it sounds. But I agree that it needs to be done sometime later/

Huntington

Post by Huntington » 13 Nov 2016, 19:02

so how can you tell if you can actually log in or have the link. Signed up for beta: verified I have lif:yo on steam, and says i am participate. Can they see how long we had lif:yo, i have had it for over a yearr

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 14 Nov 2016, 01:43

226.would you like to let the minigames become more useful and effective,such as you can through playing the minigame that gain more higher quality materials or less time to be finished,this will let more players willing to choose it while waiting the progressing bar :sorry:

PS : during the second short test i find there is no minigames active, is there a bug issue or just closing the feature of it .
  • Answer: They are already providing quality bonus and higher chance to drop regional resources/blueprints. As for the minigames - they aren't fully working at the moment.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 14 Nov 2016, 11:47

227. What is the reason to prepare on short MMO tests? We as players really wonder, because the servers are UP, just closed. What is the blocker preventing from leaving the servers open and bring them offline 1 day during each week for update?
There are enough players who don't mind playing even the current bugged builds if they weren't only for the weekends.
  • Answer: That's because it is time-consuming for us to support them. And we simply see that they're not prepared for a proper 24/7 running. Too many crashes so far :(

228. As the next wave is supposed to be "longer" and with wipe - is it going to be wave 1 or another short wave?
  • Answer: We are going to make wipe right at the end of the current test run. After it we DO NOT PLAN to make any wipes until open beta release in February-April 2017.

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 14 Nov 2016, 13:47

229. according to answer to 228: is the vulnerability for damage in realm-claim zone gonna be turned ON soon? now so far the WAR standing doesnt work.... no access to containers, no dmg to buildings, no even possibility to harvest enemy's crop or apples =(
  • Answer: Guilds system was not implemented on a full scale. It will be before our next run.
230. what settings gonna be for crop growing and monument growing time in close future? in this run time for them seems stoped =( no progress, no support points of monuments consumed...
  • Answer: Crops growth time will be the same - 9-12 in game days (5 hours per in-game day). Monuments growth will be tweaked - cannot say anything certain. As for the lack of progress - It is a known bug. We're working on it.
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

ThorneRazeri
Beta Tester

Post by ThorneRazeri » 14 Nov 2016, 20:57

231) Related to a suggestion I posted on expanding prospecting. Within the MMO, is it possible to uncover veins of clay, granite, marble or slate underground without there being a surface vein?
  • Answer: Nope, only ore so far. But it is possible in theory.

ThorneRazeri
Beta Tester

Post by ThorneRazeri » 15 Nov 2016, 23:00

232) I just searched through all of the posts in this thread, and cannot believe that I (or anyone else) never asked about the animalBFPeriod setting. What was it during the last couple waves?
  • Answer: Default as far as I remember.
233) During the first short beta wave (.5) the decay rate seemed to be set significantly higher then the second short beta wave. Can you tell us what each was, and what you estimate is a good setting?
  • Answer: Since claims were not working properly yet, we decided to lower decay rate. But once they will work properly - we wil lturn it on back. Whole object should decay in a couple of real life days.
234) What was the GM password for the MMO beta waves? ;)
  • Answer: The password was:
    thispassworddoesnotworkbecauseGMisaDBflagforMMOnow

ROG
Beta Tester

Post by ROG » 16 Nov 2016, 01:04

235. Guild of 10 people and one went out or was kicked out, the monument is destroyed in ruins. So conceived?
  • Answer: Yup. So you'd better avoid such situations. Life IS Feudal.

Return to General Discussion