MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Moggy
True Believer

Re: MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

Post by Moggy » 31 Aug 2016, 06:09

163. If i may. How do you propose the rent system in the capital or starter city work?

Because it will either be too cheap for nations to use the housing in the starter city to store their valuables, Or too expensive for solo or small groups to use it at a set rate. so either way it will in a way be broken. Well at least in my eyes.

Perhaps a scalable rent dependent on how much inventory capacity the property has?

• Answer: We will see. So far the plan is to have some kind of an auction for those houses and we expect that big groups of players will not necessary buy all houses. Or maybe we will implement some kind of limitation or a lottery.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 02 Sep 2016, 07:32

164. Currently animals IA is... quite buggy. I see you are working on pathfinding but will you fix this point before Wave 1 or after?

How? Typically, what will do a bear who can't access to a player? (because he is over his horse or a wall). Will he run away ?

• Answer: Yes, new AI will be deployed before Wave #1.

Bear will start to flee if he cannot reach the person and will do that for some time, even if the person returns back to a reachable position.

165. There will have two kind of claim, personnal and guild as I know.
So, they are two separate "branch" (they only evolve in size) or a personnal may evolve in guild claim?
Have you already define the recipe for them?

• Answer: They are completely different. Personal claim will be a rectangular plot of land for personal use that can (and probably will) overlap with a guild claim. Guild leader of that guild will have right to remove unwanted personal claims. So the existence of your personal claim depend on a guild leader you rent lands on (landlord). No evolving is possible - those are different claims

166. I have a little fear about MMO first day's launch. I know the map is very big but, as we all looking for the same component to do our claims, I fear it will difficult to hunt for the 100 bones (if recipe stay the same).
Have you planned something special about animals respawn? (smaller respawn time maybe?)

• Answer: No one said it should be easy. You're claiming a plot of land that is FINITE within our game. We have no instances and only one world so far, so claiming a land, maintaining and defending your claim from other players should take some effort.

167. Will animals have fixed respawn point as currently?

• Answer: Yes.

168. About animal's tracking
- Once you have track footsteps you can't choose to try to catch other animal
- Track opinion can bring you to the other side of the map (and you will cross other animals)
In my opinion, animal's track isn't really usefull but seems quite "realistic".
So my question is : Animal tracking is working as intend or not?

• Answer: Almost as intended :) But we might look into it deeper, once we have enough time for it.

PS. Yes, it's can be obvious with my oriented questions : I will be my guild's hunter during Wave 2 :Yahoo!:

Islidur
True Believer

Post by Islidur » 03 Sep 2016, 10:03

Where i can sing up for beta testing?

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 18 Sep 2016, 08:33

169. Do you plan to expand the wild life ? adding some birds, more animals ? :D

• Answer: Maybe, but not in a nearest future.
170. Do you plan to add some genius mods, from Basil mod for example, by a reworked way or not ?

• Answer: We have some plans to add a proper support for user's mods and Steam Workshop support (if we're talking about LiF:YO) so mods management should become easier for our users.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

DarkElite

Post by DarkElite » 25 Sep 2016, 23:01

171. So regarding mining in the MMO, are the players going to be able to go very far down, I remember a while back in YO, one of my guild mates dug so far down, we ended up in water and it eventually kind of broke or lagged the server.

• Answer: Water mechanics will not change and therefore any attempt to go below water level will still result in flooded mine shaft.

Thanks for the hard work you guys are doing, can't wait for the MMo version of the game! :Yahoo!:

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Post by Kildrith » 26 Sep 2016, 13:23

172. My questions is about the instanced battles.

* can you terraform or build structures in the instanced zone?
  • Answer: Nope. You can only build pavises and maybe walls of spikes.
* I know you declare a battle to lower the monument level of the opposing the guild, however, what if you declared the battle and you lose? I assume that your guild's monument would then lose a level? or is there a different penalty for losing the battle if you declared it?
  • Answer: Not finally decided yet. But we want some kind of monument HP that will take damage and level degradation will not be instant after one loss.
* Will there be any cool down for calling battles, so that one guild cant keep calling for battles against a specific guild over and over?
  • Answer: Yes, there definitely should be some.
Thanks for making this game! Really excited for the MMO.

ChHarm
Beta Tester

Post by ChHarm » 26 Sep 2016, 17:17

What about the growth and the crop yields?
they are directed by the seasons?
maybe in spring 30%, summer 100%, autumn 70% and winter 0%?
that would affect the trading positive and the settlers moved to hoard food for animals and itself...

• Answer: We're just reworking that system. Crops growth speed and harvest will depend even more on the weather now. And the weather will depend on season and climate, so there will be almost no or very low growth speed of crops during winter or during extended summer (drought) in desert.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 01 Oct 2016, 21:08

174. Do you plan to add something like realistic gravity for objects ? preventing stupid piles of objetcs

• Answer: Nope, absolutely correct gravity for game important objects is very server intense and will significantly reduce (like x10) amount of concurrent players that can be on the server at the same time. I'm not talking about ragdoll, cloth and other cosmetic stuff, that can be calculated on a client side and will be implemented sometime later
175. Do you plan to add falling damages ? like broken legs, heavy damages or even death ?

• Answer: Yes, we even had it. But death pits forced us to turn it off until we find a solution for a bug in a physics module that we use (bullet physics).

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Post by Kildrith » 05 Oct 2016, 13:38

This question is somewhat similar to one of my old questions.

176. During a siege will the attackers be able to dig tunnels on land claimed by the enemy guild?

• Answer: Yes, indeed. And probably we will enable sapper charges to be able to damage walls above the tunnel block it had exploded in.
177. sense their is no plan to implement realistic gravity, is there a plan in place to stop people (or at least make it more difficult to) from using object placement (box and logs) to build a makeshift ladder to get over peoples walls?

• Answer: We plan to implement a proper siege ladders, so during sieges they will work better and faster than log stairs. While outside of siege/raid they will not be able to place movable objects on a claim area near walls.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 10 Oct 2016, 11:24

178. There are still no dates for the wave 1 even after you've said specifics will be known after you sign the agreement with that other company which was annonced a while ago. So
1) Are there dates already which you simply can't share yet?
2) Do you already know who are you going to invite?
3) Do you at least have rough idea how many players you want in for wave 1 (because 0 was probably 30-40 active at best, the rest multiple players from the same account)?

• Answer: Cannot answer those questions yet. But now I (Bobik) am in Seattle on SteamDevDays, and right after it we're going to meet with Xsolla team and will discuss all the details and will hopefully provide you with all the details.

Luftkraft
Beta Tester

Post by Luftkraft » 14 Oct 2016, 11:29

how to become tester?

SoilWorm

Post by SoilWorm » 14 Oct 2016, 13:34

180. Where information regarding planned trade/economy system can be found?
(Will I be able to make a fortune selling potatoes to NPCs???)

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 14 Oct 2016, 15:53

Luftkraft wrote:how to become tester?

This has been answered, many, many times.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 14 Oct 2016, 15:56

SoilWorm wrote:180. Where information regarding planned trade/economy system can be found?
(Will I be able to make a fortune selling potatoes to NPCs???)

There is a wiki that has all the latest info, populated by the devs and players: http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/NPC
NPC

The following NPC (Non-Player Character) types are expected at this time:

Newbie island mentors (some basic lore, basic learning quests (combat/crafting tutorials)
NPC city governor (in the center of the map) – just some RP lore and maybe more advanced learning quests with minor rewards - already located on mainland
NPC server vendors in NPC city will buy and sell minor items
Natives – aggressive NPCs in a few (4 – 6) dungeons that will be scattered around the world. They will live in burrows/underground mazes, will be mostly naked or in equipment salvaged from other players. Intended as advanced training for players and creating focal points for PvP as characters meet in the areas.
Primary NPC vendors are possible, but not included at this time.

Though honestly, you would make more money selling potatoes to other players (see previous page about changes to output of crops).

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 14 Oct 2016, 16:01

#181: For those of us in Wave #0, will we have to download a new client for wave #1, or will we be able to update the existing client? I have noticed that when I currently run the LIF MMO client I receive updates.

Given the difficulties I had in downloading the previous client I am hoping I can continue to update the current client to speed up my access to wave #1.

• Answer: Yes, previous client should work fine.

Potrais
Devoted Believer

Post by Potrais » 16 Oct 2016, 16:55

Sharana

by Sharana » 10 Oct 2016, 11:24
178. There are still no dates for the wave 1 even after you've said specifics will be known after you sign the agreement with that other company which was annonced a while ago. So
1) Are there dates already which you simply can't share yet?
2) Do you already know who are you going to invite?
3) Do you at least have rough idea how many players you want in for wave 1 (because 0 was probably 30-40 active at best, the rest multiple players from the same account)?

Answer: Cannot answer those questions yet. But now I (Bobik) am in Seattle on SteamDevDays, and right after it we're going to meet with Xsolla team and will discuss all the details and will hopefully provide you with all the details.

Any Updates?

• Answer: Not yet. We'll provide some answers as soon as possible.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 17 Oct 2016, 07:33

lif-mmo-rp-server-t20702/#p83899

182. Do you plan to manage characters names ? Preventing some "1337r0xx0r111" nick ?

• Answer: Not really. But we will moderate offensive nicknames.

Azazavr

Post by Azazavr » 20 Oct 2016, 06:47

Can I sign for a Beta Wave #1?

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 20 Oct 2016, 16:08

Azazavr wrote:Can I sign for a Beta Wave #1?

[s]No.[/s]

Apparently the previously posted information has changed.
sign-up-for-mmo-beta-t20832/
Last edited by Azzerhoden on 21 Oct 2016, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

Psychotic_EGG

Post by Psychotic_EGG » 20 Oct 2016, 17:28

Do we have info as to when Beta Wave #2 will be opened? I'd really like to beta test this game.

StuntmanBob

Post by StuntmanBob » 22 Oct 2016, 11:11

Psychotic_EGG wrote:Do we have info as to when Beta Wave #2 will be opened? I'd really like to beta test this game.

No, not exact date at the moment. Wave#1 will start at end of October/beginning November and Wave #2 aproximatly December/January.

Apollyon
True Believer

Post by Apollyon » 23 Oct 2016, 13:09

I filled out the application to join the beta wave, but my question is as follows:

183. What are the developers looking for in applicants? (ie. owns lif:yo, is active on the forums, etc.)

• Answer: Lottery will be completely random. But we appreciate as much of feedback as possible from our beta testers.

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 24 Oct 2016, 17:24

I am completely illiterate, and as such I did not find this question among the 189 plus other questions. Is there going to be any major NDA or "gag order" for the testers? Are testers allowed to take screenshots/videos and post it outside the forums in an attempt to drive up the interest for the game?
Last edited by Wookiee420 on 24 Oct 2016, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 24 Oct 2016, 17:26

Wookiee420 wrote:I am completely illiterate, and as such I did not find this question among the 189 plus other questions. Is there going to be any major EULA or "gag order" for the testers? Are testers allowed to take screenshots/videos and post it outside the forums in an attempt to drive up the interest for the game?

there is NO NDA and you already can find pics/videos from BETA :)

Kilx1233
True Believer

Post by Kilx1233 » 26 Oct 2016, 03:41

How many players are you letting into this stage of the CBT?

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 26 Oct 2016, 05:09

Chase12324 wrote:I've been hearing some concerning things about the mmo keys being given to players that have bought the game very recently; compared to the players that have put over 2000 hours. (yes I know that the keys have just started to be given out, but are hours played and time of purchase going to take affect with beta selection, or is the giveaway completely random?)

that's true, some gold nick players never played YO, that's true, some of them have less than 200hrs in YO, that's true, while MMO streaming in this wave 0, some guys had to be teached about the game when they were playing this MMO wave 0... that's true.

but these guys helped Bobik, and Bitbox by giving money to this company, giving us the opportunity to continue their dream and giving us Lif:YO, LiF:FV and soon LiF:MMO... these guys were awarded by this first access to the MMO... because they believed in far before us and trusted Bitbox :)

for the fresh new beta testers, like me, we all helped the developpers with any kind of support... for example I helped translating the game with a continuous work and they awarded all of us (there are few languages translated by fans and as far as I know, we all have this fresh new access :) )

... then I believe there are no new beta testers from the sign up campagne right now, don't worry about that, and good luck ;)

that's all :beer:

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 27 Oct 2016, 17:21

Reminder: This is interactive FAQ. If you wish to have an open discussion, create a new thread please. Thank you.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 30 Oct 2016, 10:41

184. Do you plan to set some official truce for some very common holidays ? Like Christmas or new year's eve (on real Life calendar)? To prevent some massive war declaration at these special days

• Answer: No.
185. How many players signed up for this wave 0.5 ? :)

• Answer: Unfortunately, cannot share that info :(

186. Do you plan to rework herbalist herbs model ? to let players keep on the herb display... and even think to remove the "turn off grass" option ?
you did crazy stuff on the herbs, pretty realistic, very beautiful, but only 5% of players still play with this on...

• Answer: Yes, we are already on it ;)

edit : well, this is a very good news :)
Last edited by Khan- on 31 Oct 2016, 19:49, edited 1 time in total.

Woops542
True Believer

Post by Woops542 » 31 Oct 2016, 07:45

Hi,

I have been playing the alpha/beta since 2014. Are early testers furhter inn front of the line for beta MMO?

Cannot wait for MMO.

Thank you for any help.

ThorneRazeri
Beta Tester

Post by ThorneRazeri » 01 Nov 2016, 14:51

187) The last beta wave (#.5) had a skill multiplier of 10. What is the MMO skill multiplier equal to in YO terms? From my testing it would appear to be .1

• Answer: Hard to tell, since we've reworked almost all skills progressions, with some skills/abilities progressing faster and some slower. Overall progression speed might be slower, that LiF:YO x1, but I doubt it x0.1.

Return to General Discussion