Hey there, a few more questions before I'm off to work:
241. I realize the combat mechanics are ment to be like m&b. In comparison to m&b though, how fast paced do you intend the combat to be?Maybe a bit slower to give more chances in massive battles and for those with high ping rates
242. Will you feature the possibility of holding onto a swing indefinitely or when you attempt an attack it's instantly going out?Of course there is already such a "feature"
243. Will there be a possibility of feints? (as in attack, block to cancel attack animation and attack again to confuse your opponent)Yes, but keep in mind, that there is no directional block/parry in our game, so such tactics won't be that fruitful as in M&B
244. How strong will the shields be, and will it be a normal thing for them to break into scrap often, faster of course if the opponent has an axe type weapon ( even faster I'd imagine if it's a 2h )Yes, shields will be more vulnerable to axe-type of weapons and more resistant to piercing types of attacks (like arrows, bolts or spears)
245. You mention kiting a lot. Being a darkfall vet myself I'm wondering how do you plan on putting that in with a soft and hard stamina cap, since kiting as an archer requires lots of jumping and there is no real way to recover hard stamina during combat it seems.Try to think outside of Darkfall quake-like combat Kiting is keeping distance from a chasing enemy - it should not involve jumping at all and it will not be possible to jump+shoot. Archers will be interested in wearing lighter armor and less heavy weapons, that would give them speed advantage.
246. Will heavier armor slow players down or just be a much bigger stamina eater? It will. Weight of all equipped armor pieces + weight of weapons equipped in your quickslots (2 on the back and 2 on the belt) will result in a total equipped weight, which will directly affect your speed.
The reason I'm asking these questions is that well if a character will be slower with heavy armor that leaves only 2 viable scenarios for such a character to be fighting - either defending your holding, where the enemy have to go in (during a siege or a battle) or mounted.
The problem with that would be if such a player is dismounted he's basically dead because he can be kited to death, even easier since his enemies have the movement speed advantage.And you want that heavy players could win everytime in every situation? Anyway, there will be some "shout" powers that will be available to 2Handed Heavy armored types of troops
Darkfall had encumberance to combat heavy armored men slaughtering everything and anything. But I did like that it did not slow players down, hope it will not do that here aswell.