MMO CBT - When is your turn

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Arrakis
Website & Forum Manager

Re: MMO CBT - When is your turn

Post by Arrakis » 19 May 2017, 23:25

Sevil wrote:I have been a member since 2014, but am not part of any tester groups... how come?

Alpha tester title is reserved for those who supported the project via paypal before YO appeared on steam.

FrostyMug

Post by FrostyMug » 22 May 2017, 18:40

I purchased LIF Your Own when it first hit steam and was set to test on the Wave #1 and then along come the packs and knock me clear out a whole wave of testing? How does that work? I have been a loyal customer of LIF and supporter up until now. The packs should be last. They were not supporters when we were and seems only fair to place length of support ahead of amount of money supported (Even though when I bought Your Own it was at the Bronze level of supporter already.) I just do not understand this company and its development style since it is all seeming like a money grab to me at this point.

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 22 May 2017, 19:25

FrostyMug wrote:I purchased LIF Your Own when it first hit steam and was set to test on the Wave #1 and then along come the packs and knock me clear out a whole wave of testing? How does that work? I have been a loyal customer of LIF and supporter up until now. The packs should be last. They were not supporters when we were and seems only fair to place length of support ahead of amount of money supported (Even though when I bought Your Own it was at the Bronze level of supporter already.) I just do not understand this company and its development style since it is all seeming like a money grab to me at this point.

Steam owners where never ment in wave 1, steam owners where always wave 2.

Enchiridion

Post by Enchiridion » 23 May 2017, 21:45

Yo, I just want to say that it's not all of us who are salty and impatient. I love LiF:YO and I'm really looking forward to get into the next MMO beta! Keep up the awesome work, focus on creating a great game, and ignore all the negative people on the forum!

Sevil

Post by Sevil » 24 May 2017, 15:37

I have a question. The people who are a part of the testing now, like the ones who donated extra recently and became believers, are they able to play all the time? or are the servers open only certain days out of the whole wave phase?

Arrakis
Website & Forum Manager

Post by Arrakis » 24 May 2017, 22:40

Sevil wrote:I have a question. The people who are a part of the testing now, like the ones who donated extra recently and became believers, are they able to play all the time? or are the servers open only certain days out of the whole wave phase?

During CBT there are test runs that last 2-3weeks and then in between those test runs we close them for maintenance so we can analyze all the data and fix the issues. Nobody can enter the server during that time.

Sevil

Post by Sevil » 25 May 2017, 14:32

Arrakis wrote:
Sevil wrote:I have a question. The people who are a part of the testing now, like the ones who donated extra recently and became believers, are they able to play all the time? or are the servers open only certain days out of the whole wave phase?

During CBT there are test runs that last 2-3weeks and then in between those test runs we close them for maintenance so we can analyze all the data and fix the issues. Nobody can enter the server during that time.

Makes sense. Thanks for your responses.

Kapustin_Yar

Post by Kapustin_Yar » Yesterday, 23:26

Just asking in general: is wave 2 near?

Because since my last post I gathered it would be 2-3 months and that's about June/July by my counting (rather June than July).

There is a threshold between excitement and disappointment and though we'll all cherish the day we can enter the persistent and amazing world of LiF, we'd arrive with more enthusiam, if the date was set rather sooner than later. Or if it has to be later (I mean, REALLY much later), it would be awesome to hear about it too. And as early as possible, then. Confusing innit?

I'm really a big fan of the concept and enjoyed :YO for hundreds of hours. It's just time to move on and it has been for a while now. I don't like the whole "buy your way into the game now" deal. I want to be king on my own terms, and I'll wait my turn to smite these upstarts :evil:

Return to General Discussion