MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Eddiecccc
True Believer

Re: MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

Post by Eddiecccc » 03 Jan 2017, 11:20

345 When well the servers be back up i see a lot of different replies to that answer but non of the replies from a dev or quote a dev I recently bought the pack but unfortunately never got to play because the servers are down :cry:
  • Answer: We will make an announcement once we will be closer to the next test run of Closed Beta tests. So far we hope that we will be able to do it before then late January, but early February looks like a more realistic estimate. But again, those are rough plans, we have some refactoring and bugfixing to do, and some bad things usually unveiled during that process that slows development.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 05 Jan 2017, 04:42

Bobik wrote:
  • Answer: Ask Sharana? :) I don't know anything about it.

346. Well maybe Tolik was misinformed, can you clarify then? Do you have cooking rework in the plans or not anytime soon? Same for weapons (making them harder to craft just as the armors)?
http://i.imgur.com/Cimh8JZ.png
  • Answer: Well, we will decide later if we should stick to such plans or not.
347. Big scale PvP on the MMO was impossible due to the client crashes happening multiple times during a single engagement. Are those client side crashes or also server related? Is there at least slight hope that it will be better for the next run in february?
Also many say that the game crashes, because it takes max 3.5 GB of RAM as 32 bit and once it needs more, when loading area with many terraforming changes or big scale fight it just crashes. Is that really the case meaning that we can't hope for some MMO PvP till you make 64 bit client?
  • Answer: Exactly those are the main reasons of the most of the crashes. And these are the main reasons why we don't know an exact date of next beta test run because we want to fix those issues first. 64 bit client is almost complete and has passed one of QA iterations. So we expect more stable everything in the next testing wave.
348. The MMO (the countless big open and treeless spaces on the map) highlighted something that was known for quite some time, but was "hidded" in the YO map where there is just no open place for such battles - cavalry and archers rule the battlefield and make the infantry obsolete. Many players don't want to adapt to the new meta as their appeal in the LiF combat was melee which simply isn't suited for the MMO and such melee fights happens very very rarely. Do you consider that a problem? Also is it realistic to expect some kind of either combat effectiveness reduction or economic demand to sustain and field cavalry during wars? Like more expensive warhorses (that need expensive saddle and armor), the need to feed the horses and so on?
  • Answer: I think it is too early to say anything certain about such a balance. Archers and cavalry has its weaknesses too. Northern territories are covered with woods, sieges are not really a good place for cavalry, we might boost Combat preparations to make it easier and faster to deploy anti-cavalry pike walls and mantles to cover infantry from archers. But again, it is too early to judge.
Bobik wrote:
  • Answer: Somewhat accurate. It is quite old and some tweaks were made already

349. Can you show us the up to date one in such case? It's not like we ask for the weather settings or detailed seasons, but for example which servers should provide the highest average output for farming goods on yearly basis when you combine the harvests for all 12 months? "The middle" is kind of too unspecific, isn't it? :)
  • Answer: Of course I will not provide any spoilers :)
350. Do the trees in the north grow faster then in the south? If yes what are the timeframes and what triggers the growth? For farming that's weather changes as we already know.
  • Answer: I've stated it multiple times - weather affects everything: crops, trees, farm animals. How exactly - you should figure out. In case of crops we had some bug that resulted the growth too slow. It should not be the case with animals and trees.
351. Do you plan to make weekly or even daily JHs later during wave 1?
  • Answer: We will see. Some schedule needs to be done indeed.

Brother

Post by Brother » 05 Jan 2017, 05:19

352. Any plans to limit where players can logoff - i.e. within the town/city claim of another guild?
  • Answer: You cannot prevent anyone from unplugging hiss network cable or terminating client process anywhere in the game. We cannot let such character to hang in game indefinitely and it will not be correct to teleport him back to binding point either. I'm not talking about the fact, that it will be VERY hard to track all those logged off characters if they are in the friendly claim or that friendly claim became an enemy claim because of a war declaration recently...
353. Will there be a "global" chat like #testers or #help starting in Wave 2? EDIT: Already answered, my bad.

354. How much access, if any, will we have to the console starting in Wave 2?
  • Answer: So far probably the same. But we plan to restrict access to the console and in-game resources before the open beta stage starts.
Thanks!

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 05 Jan 2017, 20:11

355. Some people think the game is currently too grindy (even though it was stated that it's actually already 2x faster than intended).
Some people think it's fine, and others would love the game to be more grindy than it is.
Could you share your point of view on this question?
I'd like to be a little cheeky and ask another question before you answer (whatever is your answer) :

why?
(why do you wish for the game to have the level of grind you intend it to have?)

PS. My intention isn't to debate one point of view over another, however I would really like to understand yours!
  • Answer: Most funny part about grinding is that I personally HATE it. I couldn't stand it anywhere, even in WoW I was tired of quest/mob grinding at level 36th or something. But I do know, that some people like tough way and receive more fun and satisfaction at the end of this way. That is why I advocated and explained our skills progression curve everywhere:
      0 - 30: couple of hours
      30 - 60: couple of days
      60 - 90: a week or two
      90-100: a year
    It was designed in a way, that relatively fast (in relation to some other MMO games) you get a game ready character with 60 or 90 in skills that you want/need. And you're 99,9% skill effective. And IF you want a fancy title, or emote to show off to your friends - then you grind for that 100 mark. We believe that most of the skills in MMO got such a progression (I'm still analyzing skills progression logs), but some of the skills (mostly construction/building ones) were unnecessary grindy and we've fixed it.

But that is skills, and in most LiF:YO servers I've seen that both ideas of progression and skillcap were defiled - x10 x20 and 3000 skillcap. I do not blame such server owners, they've lured players with an instant action, but in a result, most of our player base got used to such an easy way progression.

So currently I think that x1 should be generally a good multiplier for Open beta and release stage of our MMO. And current skills progression speeds I've seen in our DB logs proves it.

Camil199197
Zealous Believer

Post by Camil199197 » 06 Jan 2017, 11:09

356. Are there any differences between the armors except the damage ressitance?

Like Wounds, Bleeding and Fractures ressistance, and if yes how much? There are zero information in LiF wiki.
  • Answer: Their weight and movement speed you achieve while wearing them. And different types of armor have different resistances against different types of damage (slash, blunt, piercing)
357. Will there be any changing to display of claim at the night or something like that?
Because at the moment anyone can see the silhouette of the inhabitants of the claim and that is a very huge advantage for the attacker form the outside.
(Solution would be to see only the border of the other claims to prevent this mechanic)
  • Answer: Yes, we plan to make a radius of claim visibility, so it will be seen in an only short range.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 09 Jan 2017, 20:39

358. How "kingdom claim" is supposed to do when 2 "kingdom claim" from 2 guilds in the same kingdom should be in the same tile ?
will it merge and then it become the true kingdom claim and only the kingdom guild have the rights on it
or like any other claim even in YO, the strongest will push the weakest ?
  • Answer: The strongest will push weakest, no matter of their political standing. Your fief is your fief no matter how friendly you are with a neighbor.
359. What's the minimum distance between 2 monuments ? it seems to be 200 tiles (someone told me that during the wave 1) and 100 from a server border
  • Answer: It is the maximum radius of tier 4 claim + city claim radius. It designed in that way, that nobody can build a claim that will hurt your realm claim with its city claim. But once your neighbours upgrade their monument - your realm claims will start "pushing" each other.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Camil199197
Zealous Believer

Post by Camil199197 » 10 Jan 2017, 03:40

360. Battle Survival Skill from combat tree is absoluty useless. Will this skill be reworked?
  • Answer: I do not entirely agree with you. But we might do it.

Camil199197
Zealous Believer

Post by Camil199197 » 10 Jan 2017, 12:42

Camil199197 wrote:
Camil199197 wrote:356. Are there any differences between the armors except the damage ressitance?

Like Wounds, Bleeding and Fractures ressistance, and if yes how much? There are zero information in LiF wiki.
  • Answer: Their weight and movement speed you achieve while wearing them. And different types of armor have different resistances against different types of damage (slash, blunt, piercing)

361. That was not my question.
My question was, are there any differences between the armors by Wounds, Bleeding and Fractures.
  • Answer: No.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 10 Jan 2017, 19:25

Camil199197 wrote:360. Battle Survival Skill from combat tree is absoluty useless. Will this skill be reworked?
  • Answer: I do not entirely agree with you. But we might do it.

Agree with red answer :D people don't really understand its f*****g power.

362. then if I understand : 20 city claim + 80 city kingdom = 100 radius claim ?
if we cannot build 2 monument within 200 tiles, no claim should push each other ?
and a refresh for radius on https://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Claim could be nice :D
  • Answer: Nope, not exactly so. In your example, 20 city + 80 kingdom = 100 radius monument lvl 4.
    You can build a second monument only if it is 20+80+20 = 120 from the other one.
    Claim radiuses are still being tweaked and overall that mechanics is not in stone yet. You are free to update the wiki page, but keep in mind that numbers might change.

Camil199197
Zealous Believer

Post by Camil199197 » 11 Jan 2017, 01:27

363. Any plans to change the fractures debuffs from % to fix values? Because the Strength calculation got changed.
  • Answer: We will consider it.

Burni
Zealous Believer

Post by Burni » 11 Jan 2017, 15:20

"328. ....Also, we plan to redesign large keep in a way that it can be placed on top of the monument to protect it from the trebuchets and melee invaders, so it has to be destroyed first."

364. Is there possibility that all keeps would be changed to work this way because if this kind of thing is added then everyone who planned to make a keep or people that didnt even plan to make a keep will build a large keep because of the protection it gives which leads to guild only making large keeps and ignoring other keeps?
  • Answer: Well, smaller keeps will still work as a combat respawn points with a shorter resurrection sickness penalty and maybe some other bonuses we will implement later. Large keep will have just one more bonus - monument protection.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 13 Jan 2017, 10:56

365.Any idea for some bottoms(or others) near the progresing bar which can be click and can boost it , instead of AFK(such as collecting fibres ).
(i thought this is fit for somebody who dont want to spend lots of time on it)
  • Answer: Not entirely sure that I got your idea correctly.
丨Revenge丨Unity丨Brave丨Yeomanry |

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 13 Jan 2017, 11:27

366. Some players fear a PvP’s band installed on some tiny shacks who declared war to everybody in order to troll.
They weren’t able to evolve but they can do a lot of damages until guilds go and rush them. Even after that, they can rebuild another monument to do it again and again.
Will Life is feudal have some mechanism to help forbid/restrain this kind of comportment?
  • Answer: React and destroy them faster? I don't think that some small guild should be able to deal any damage to a bigger guild if that bigger guild acts correctly. I think that is too early to talk about such griefing.

367. Knowing that LiF is using the Torque 3D game engine, which is open source and used in many games, it is easy to customize the client.
Customization could range from simple display of technical information like the current coordinates of the player to complex game exploits like a resource finder.

In YO, it is not very critical but in the MMO, it could lead to major differences between the players.
What are your thoughts concerning this topic?
  • Answer: We are using an authoritative server architecture, meaning that almost all important information is calculated on the server side. Thus doing anything with a client will not provide any advantage at all. For instance, hacking a client will never give you any resources information that you don't see by yourself. Yes, some kind of radar and wallhack is possible, but well, it is easily done in other games (CS:GO for instance) and open source does not make much of a difference.

Our game is not an FPS shooter so seeing someone through the wall is NOT that much of advantage. Anyway, we will combat and ban cheaters in the same way ass all current games do.

368. Why chose to manage the guilds through an external website and not with an in-game mechanism?
In the future, will we be able to manage the guilds in-game?
  • Answer: Well, while in-game, you can press Esc and open in game browser to manage your guild. Also, you can manage your guild on our site just using your normal PC browser. So we have both options available now.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 13 Jan 2017, 21:32

369. Seasons, biomes etc are important for farm animals, trees, crops... do you think to split herbs availability between regions ?

like region A have only 56 herbs, region B 56 herbs too but some that region A hasn't, and A has herbs that B hasn't, region C 36 herbs... etc... like pokemon... gonna gather them all... or trade them all... because it could be a very nice thing for traders :beer:
  • Answer: Herb's diversity will not really work, since recipes that you craft out of them depend on your character. Some might be lucky and crafting valuable cocktails out of herbs that are growing in their region, but some maybe not that lucky.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 14 Jan 2017, 07:16

Artoria Pendragon wrote:365.Any idea for some bottoms(or others) near the progresing bar which can be click and can boost it , instead of AFK(such as collecting fibres ).
(i thought this is fit for somebody who dont want to spend lots of time on it)
  • Answer: Not entirely sure that I got your idea correctly.

370.what i exactly meaned that i thought we couldnt just stare at the progressing bar goes,if we can do something during this short period of time so we wont get boring , just some randomly clickable (like another minigame) bottoms which can boost the progressing.
  • Answer: We have a whole minigames system for a good amount of skills. We will grow it and add more minigames to a bigger amount of skills if it proves to be interesting and fun.

Kapustin_Yar

Post by Kapustin_Yar » 14 Jan 2017, 07:30

Khan- wrote:369. Seasons, biomes etc are important for farm animals, trees, crops... do you think to split herbs availability between regions ?

While a nice idea it only goes so far. Remember we can just plant the herbs in herb gardens, so the problem of availability is easily solved.

I could imagine climate and location might influence the frequency and type of herbs. Instead of having one tile of homogenous forrest floor with random plants on it, there could be locations and climates where more of a certain herb grows.

This would make it somewhat regional, but not exclusive. You'd still find any herb, but some in rather small quantities, while you have loads of others. Since the same goes on elsewhere this could also encourage herb-trading.

---
On the whole idk how much sense the discussion makes as long as there are herb gardens. I don't want to lose the gardens, but maybe there could be some wild herbs that simply won't grow in gardens. Or some you need to combine with, e.g. a type of mushroom to get to grow in a garden.

I always found it a shame that herb gardens remove the need to trade with others. On the other hand it was just necessary to keep up with all the herbs you need for crafting alone. Maybe some of the easier herbs you need for basic crafting and steel-making can still be grown, while the more advanced and rare herbs can only be found locally and traded on the market; maybe some forms of preservation to create different grades/qualities of it, too?

God, there is so much to do with this and I hope they spend some time on the idea. Somehow living as a herb-hermit gathering the rare stuff while hunting and farming appeals to me :) This would be one good way to have some solo-play and lone-wolfing in the game through trade.

Tankoua
Zealous Believer

Post by Tankoua » 14 Jan 2017, 13:17

371. Do you expect to have different durabilities on objects, for example, between a wooden wall and a castle wall? Between a Tiny shack and a Castle keep?
Currently, a wooden wall and a castle wall have both 20,000 maximum durability.
  • Answer: They do have different damage resistance.

Kedishka

Post by Kedishka » 14 Jan 2017, 22:22

372. +1 On the different durability for buildings this has to be done. As it stands the strongest walls are palisades lol.

Question will you be making it towards where Palisade walls with the walkways will work on an incline/decline?
  • Answer: Maybe some time later.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 15 Jan 2017, 19:20

guys did you see there is a "siege resistance" when you inspect them ? making castle walls the most resistant ?!

373. Any ETA or news about the flattened paved tiles ? it was said in a patch note back in august 2015 (something like that) it was in tracks and here "soon" but no news about it, as it is very important, and paved tiles break almost every slopes...
same for fences following the slope ? (like wooden/stone/castle walls)
  • Answer: No ETA yet. It doesn't have a high priority at the moment.

Condamnante

Post by Condamnante » 17 Jan 2017, 14:40

Do the MMO players experience the well-known always-present life-breaking unforgiving never-solved runtime error, just like the LIF:YO players do? Thank you

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 17 Jan 2017, 18:26

Condamnante wrote:Do the MMO players experience the well-known always-present life-breaking unforgiving never-solved runtime error, just like the LIF:YO players do? Thank you

Yes :(
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 18 Jan 2017, 13:32

374. Spoil us please, what kind of new vehicles will you had to game with horse drawn carts ? will it be able to transport 6-8 players in one vehicle ?
  • Answer: No. We defenitely are not going to implement Medieval APC trucks :)
375. how would work hose drawn ploughs ?
  • Answer: They will not work probably. We will see later about it.
376. Will you let cows to draw vehicles/ploughs ?
  • Answer: No, we won't.

Tankoua
Zealous Believer

Post by Tankoua » 19 Jan 2017, 11:49

I see this picture on the net: http://lif.cdn.btbx.io/site/LiF_1_1920x1080.png

377. Do you think to implement any bridge?
And when?
  • Answer: I think it is possible and we will do it someday, but it is not our development priority right now.

Camil199197
Zealous Believer

Post by Camil199197 » 20 Jan 2017, 01:49

378. Will there be any changes to the armor stats? Because in the MMO everyone will wear the same armor because of best stats with ressitance/weight compare.
  • Answer: Yes, we plan such changes.
379. At the moment is the piercing dmg form spear and poleaxes the meta. The weight is low, dmg is insane and the def speed incredible. You can invest all the stat points in constitution and agility. That boost again the speed of the character. Will there be any changes?
  • Answer: Yes. We have received a LOT of feedback during last closed beta test run and we're working out balance changes and tweaks at the moment.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 20 Jan 2017, 20:51

380. Will you give us a tool or a site where we can see the MMO live map without being connected to the game ? (a similar stuff like IRC chans :good: )
  • Answer: If you're talking about the political map - then yes, we have such feature in plans. Cannot say when exactly we will have time for it, though.

Burni
Zealous Believer

Post by Burni » 20 Jan 2017, 21:25

381. There was reply or post about how instanced battles could be uneven like 20 vs 30 but how do you figure out how many people each side will have? It cant be simply number of people in the guild as that could have p2w problems as you can buy characters with real money... online members at that time? though even that you could have people running multiple accounts and characters to pad the numbers.
  • Answer: That is completely out of context :) I was talking about "balancing" INSIDE the instanced battles system. When one guild issues a challenge on another guild, both of them will have to spend 24 real life hours to enlist as many players as the can on their sides. Indeed those players can be guildmates, friends, mercenaries, just passing by strangers - everyone who will click "Yes" and agree to spill his blood in a next battle. And once battle commences, we will have 2 lists of participants from both sides. So actually with THOSE lists we will be able to balance and remove too much of a numbers disadvantage.
382. But truth say you have 2 big alliances of guilds in war and both target specific guild in the enemy alliance and concentrate their attacks on that guild which means that guild is bound to loose some of those battles... which leads them loosing monument levels or something but how their claim area is effected? Can it lead to them loosing most of their claim area resulting their outermost buildings and walls starting to decay and eventually get destroyed as repairing stuff is really time consuming now? could it be problem if someone gets trageted this way that they could be locked down to 0 monument level and would loose the control of their buildings and walls?
  • Answer: Yes, they can lose all their monuments levels and get their monument to level 1. But as you have seen in beta, CITY claim areas DO NOT change with monument levels. It is only a REALM claim area that grows or shrinks. Thus, a good castle will be placed inside the city claim area and cannot be hurt by losing in battles. Siege is the only way how it can be destroyed.

But truth to be told, if it is a war of 2 similarly sized alliances, then guild under fire should also have alliance members to help with a defense, so I don't think it would be necessary a lost battle for them.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 23 Jan 2017, 04:49

383. How about tavern structure in the near future. is there any plan ?
  • Answer: We have such plans. Maybe later this year.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 23 Jan 2017, 07:34

384. A lot of players are worried by trees’ growth rate and we saw in your infographic that only one tree was planted for every 4 trees chopped down.
Wood has become really valuable as intended but don’t you fear that players will chop down all the trees and that this world will become a sterile one? Humanity greed is a bottomless pit.
  • Answer: Well, they will be the first to suffer from it ;) And as I've stated earlier, I know that some good guilds have already planted big territories of trees for their needs.
385. What about recycling?
Currently, when a building is destroyed, it only gives one useless object so unused buildings are left abandoned.
Can we envisage a tweak of this system and have some scavenger teams who will travel from battle site to battle site in order to recycle all villages’ and armies’ remains?
  • Answer: Maybe we will increase some resources drop chance in rumbles. But we definitely not going to make it that way that recycling of buildings will provide any significant profit.

Worldsprayer
Alpha Tester

Post by Worldsprayer » 23 Jan 2017, 13:51

386. As it stands, armors do not provide any significant "downside" other than increased stamina drains, different noise, and minor hit to equipment weight. A plate-wearing character running against an identical character wearing chainmail moves at effectively the same speed, at least when moving under distances of 15'ish cells. Is there a plan to change how armor's effect the individual play of players? (I personally would love to see stamina regen slowed, as it is, every character recovers at the same time and minor control of stamina results in near-limitless stam)
  • Answer: As stated above - we're reworking and tweaking that system based on players' feedback.
Service is Glory
Death in Service
Death is Glory

Taki87
True Believer

Post by Taki87 » 24 Jan 2017, 18:00

387. I have a simple question abouth armors.
In the future could we use to gether different padded armors (novice, regular, heavy) with any one of the chainmaill, scale, plate types, or there will be restrictions?

For example: Novice padded armors only use to gether Regular chainmaill, scale, plate and no higher.
  • Answer: I'm not sure I understand you correctly, but we still do not plan to allow equipment of padded armors simultaneously with other types of armor.

Return to General Discussion