MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Lako
Zealous Believer

Re: MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

Post by Lako » 13 Dec 2016, 21:25

310. Are there any plans to allow me to go through enemy green fields during my marches of war, setting fire to the plantations so that they perish in the winter?
  • Answer: Fire? no. But some kind of economy-damaging mechanisms can surely be implemented.

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 13 Dec 2016, 21:50

311. "Silly" 2 part question here. Part 1, almost everything online outside of forums requires some sort of strong account password like upper/lowercase and number/symbols, is there any plan for that?
Part 2: Are there any plans for any sort of "extra secure" security functions? Like steam offers you protection involving your cellphone, or even some "newer" MMOs do that too.
  • Answer: We're using Xsolla tool, called Xsolla login. So far your account is linked at least with one social media account. You can link it with more accounts. I don't know yet, but I think we can arrange 2-factor authentication sometime closer to the Open Beta tests (wave #2)
312. Are there any plans for any outside app interactions? Like you can "second screen" hud data or track your timers, or notifications of things (raid, guild plans, war delcaration, etc)? This too is something I have seen in a few other MMOs, and some single player like your pipboy for FO4.
  • Answer: Not exactly what do you want, but we already have a mobile app that is very close to its full release. So far it contains only minigames (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcHnIHFzS6E), but we plan to add functionality, provide it with in game chat, ability to push notifications from guild leader to all members and some other stuff. In future your smartphone will be your "pipboy" for LiF :)

Johnno13

Post by Johnno13 » 14 Dec 2016, 01:35

I have a question I got this email that said this: Greetings, warrior of Life Is Feudal!
We are all happy to announce: on December 14th, the First Closed Beta Test of Life Is Feudal: MMO will officially open its doors for the players!

For the next two weeks - until the December 28th - the #1 Wave of CBT will be held, where you will finally be able to look closer at the new world we’ve been creating with such precision.

and then it says here:

We plan a couple of testing runs for this wave with the first one starting on the 14th of December 2016. Plans for the next testing runs of Wave#1 will be announced shortly after the end of the first one.

My question is is this first wave ending after 2 weeks and if so is that going to be wiped so when we come back for the 2nd it will be brand new again?

MrTopbanana
True Believer

Post by MrTopbanana » 14 Dec 2016, 01:51

Wave 1 got some breaks.
The longest should be from 28rth december to 8 january,
This are kinda the russian new year/xmas vaccations
Last edited by MrTopbanana on 14 Dec 2016, 08:26, edited 2 times in total.

Gillmere

Post by Gillmere » 14 Dec 2016, 02:18

Johnno13 wrote:I have a question I got this email that said this: Greetings, warrior of Life Is Feudal!
We are all happy to announce: on December 14th, the First Closed Beta Test of Life Is Feudal: MMO will officially open its doors for the players!

For the next two weeks - until the December 28th - the #1 Wave of CBT will be held, where you will finally be able to look closer at the new world we’ve been creating with such precision.

and then it says here:

We plan a couple of testing runs for this wave with the first one starting on the 14th of December 2016. Plans for the next testing runs of Wave#1 will be announced shortly after the end of the first one.

My question is is this first wave ending after 2 weeks and if so is that going to be wiped so when we come back for the 2nd it will be brand new again?

No wipe, Wave 2 will be in 6 ish months... They are doing wave 1 in phases to monitor everything.

Johnno13

Post by Johnno13 » 14 Dec 2016, 04:22

So you mean that when they close the beta from the players when we come back the work we have done will still be there?

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 14 Dec 2016, 06:50

Johnno13 wrote:So you mean that when they close the beta from the players when we come back the work we have done will still be there?

for all of wave 1 yes

Backtk
Beta Tester

Post by Backtk » 14 Dec 2016, 14:16

I have a question, i'm a beta tester but alone is hard valutate the server, in our clan 2 of us are beta testers but i ask you: can i propose to give to my guilds mate (with YO) the beta access? In this way we can test guild system and create a camp for play mmo

Weye
Devoted Believer

Post by Weye » 14 Dec 2016, 18:56

trying to keep launcher updated while we wait, but now when I try to login I get this error http://imgur.com/a/aZGVJ and now its gone, maybe had to do with server restarting

Putzig32

Post by Putzig32 » 15 Dec 2016, 03:53

313. Do you thinck people are aware of the problems that there are at LiF YO with people raid your towns and destroy all of your work and just "get away with it"? Cause in smaller servers you have game masters who prevent players from destroying stuff without reasons while the owners are offline...

Or with other words, are buildings still will be "easy" to destroy?
  • Answer: Nope. If you have a guild claim, no one can destroy anything on it. Unless it is another guild, that is at war with you, and it is a JH now (turned off on MMO servers for now). That is a temporary mechanics, once we will implement Siege and Battle systems, guilds in wars will have to win a series of battles to downgrade a monument of their enemy and only THEN they will be able to siege it and potentially destroy.
    Also, I don't know what kind of servers you have played, because building a monument and turning off JH means that buildings on that claim can never be destroyed, while monument is up. And no GM interference is needed...
314. If someone jumps over your wall with a horse or what so ever, and destroy your house where you normally spawn. Do you spawn at a random place after? Or do you spawn then at a random place at the map/server when your house is burned and you die?
  • Answer: You will spawn in the Central City.
315. Will there be any game masters, witch you can talk to? like help out with little bugs; changing names; political affais; wars; trolling; the "i´m stuck" problems and what so ever?
  • Answer: Yes, there will be some. But we design our game in that way, that GM interference should be minimal and mostly for some server wide events.
316. Do you plan to bring in NPC enemys or like maybe Bandits or something to the game? Think of all the castles and towns, witch run down, cause people stopped playing or went to another town? With no claims, but some tasty loot left? It would be nice to see some NPC Looters looking around in abandoned places, aswall as at the side of a farout road.
  • Answer: We're preparing Natives. You can see some of their concept art in our Devblog. Maybe in February you'll be able even to see them in game *fingers crossed*
Sorry, many Questions. But to be ohnest, still many to ask... ;)

Kirmu
True Believer

Post by Kirmu » 15 Dec 2016, 10:27

317. So will it be 10ppl at min in the future with guilds?
I really would like if you could make a monument even with a smaller group cos i like to play with my friends and we had plans that we go in "solo" with 4-6 players and make a bandit lair in somewhere at the dense forest. Now it is pretty useless without a monument.

I think that there could be an option to erect a monument for groups with less than 10 players. And if you want to upgrade the monument you must get the 10 players to your guild but before that you can only go with level 1 or level 2 monument?

I know many players thinkt that its stupid to play with small groups but i know there is players that will play the game with different style and approach to it. I mean i dont like PVP that much but i like to farm, and build with my friends so it would be nice if there were more "neutral" players who do their things in smaller groups. There is no need that everyone is joining a big guild right?

Gerhard.b1991

Post by Gerhard.b1991 » 16 Dec 2016, 21:18

How can one become a beta tester for the mmo

Leez
True Believer

Post by Leez » 17 Dec 2016, 02:38

318. I have Lif Yo for more than 2 years, and I bought True believer pack, yet i still didn't get my key for CBT MMO?

This is what you sent me in mail:
"We will send you instructions how to take participation in CBT soon."

What does SOON mean?
Am I missing something?
  • Answer: Answered in here.

FasTer

Post by FasTer » 17 Dec 2016, 23:21

! have Lif Yo for more than 1 years, and I still didn't get Beta tester ;(

Voovaa956

Post by Voovaa956 » 19 Dec 2016, 05:24

You were given the keys to the IMO 1000 test. I now have a question for any services until now people have access. I also want to get a prompt.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 19 Dec 2016, 12:09

319. How long is the planned break after 28th. Till the russian holidays are over or longer and we shouldn't expect the MMO servers till the 2nd half of january?
  • Answer: Probably longer. We've got a LOT of data, and we need to process it and provide fixes and new functionality. I cannot give any certain dates now.
320. Can you provide some details about the JH mechanics you plan to patch next week (if you manage to fix it by then).
- will it be daily JH or only specific days of the week?
- will you pick evening EU primetime (19-22 CET) as most YO servers that have both EU and NA population?
- the guilds in official war will be able to loot and destroy buildings (even monument?), but will that work only for the attacker/defender guild or everyone passing by will be able to steal/destroy the vulnerable (in JH) claim?
  • Answer: We plan to make it daily EU evening JH.
    JH will work only for guilds that are in the state of official war. Third parties will not be able to damage anything on their claims, nor they will be able to loot. But of course, they can join the combat itself, though they will suffer from alignment penalties.

Johnofthemeadow
Beta Tester

Post by Johnofthemeadow » 20 Dec 2016, 15:13

320. I know this ground has probably been covered already, but the FAQ is getting as massive as the game; Will the server be wiped after the 28th?

Thanks again for this beautiful, well supported creation
  • Answer: No, there will be wipe at the end of beta wave #1.

ToddWuenn
Zealous Believer

Post by ToddWuenn » 21 Dec 2016, 05:29

Where is the current server location?

Gwenhyfar
True Believer

Post by Gwenhyfar » 21 Dec 2016, 07:50

322. Has skill loss upon death been modified for the closed beta? It seems to be higher as compared to YO with the same alignment.
  • Answer: Alignment loss was modified, but skill loss must be intact.
323. Is there or will there be some detailed posting about the unique characteristics of each biome?
  • Answer: Nope. :)

Johnno13

Post by Johnno13 » 21 Dec 2016, 21:46

324. Will there be different character customization in the near future and more options for faces and possibly size of your character ect?
  • Answer: Maybe, but that is not our priority for sure.

Finan
True Believer

Post by Finan » 22 Dec 2016, 12:09

325. Is their any consideration to change the skilling part?
Now it is really a grind to level up crafting skills. I mean it is good not to get everything too early, but it makes no sense for me to build things up and destroy to levelling construction or masonry. There are so less things (only 3-4 objects) to craft in early construction.

Only gaming experiance will be building up things and destroy it and to this again and again.

Maybe it will be better that the duration of building objects will be longer and with more skill points than do to things that makes no sense.
  • Answer: Yes, we've collected a lot of data on how skills progression was in the current beta. We will make tweaks accordingly and have some ideas about how certain skills can be progressed faster.

Arzi

Post by Arzi » 26 Dec 2016, 14:12

326. How much time the tree growing cycle is in wave1?
  • Answer: About a real-time week for one stage of growth.

Katranius
Beta Tester

Post by Katranius » 27 Dec 2016, 14:31

The growth of the tree takes place so slowly that a nightmare! :( To begin playing in the South is absolutely not real. Development delay will be for a month or more.
327. There will be wave #2 of accelerated tree growth in the first 2-4 weeks? :)
  • Answer: Nope.

Veda
Beta Tester

Post by Veda » 29 Dec 2016, 17:29

328. Will the keeps have an (political) influence ? Will have a real effect ?
  • Answer: Nope, they will act as a point of spawn, that will work during JH and sieges and will spawn players with a lowered resurrection sickness. Also, we plan to redesign large keep in a way that it can be placed on top of the monument to protect it from the trebuchets and melee invaders, so it has to be destroyed first.
329. Will we have churves and cathedrals ?
  • Answer: Not decided yet. But definitely, it will be our religious buildings with our own architecture.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 30 Dec 2016, 21:39

1000th post on the forum :twisted:

330. Will horses have robes with guild tabards or even special design ?
  • Answer: Probably not. Because horses due to their mechanics can switch owners quite fast. Players cannot switch guilds that fast ;)
331. Any plan for horns with a high range sound or bells that we could ring for alert a village ?
  • Answer: No certain plans, but sounds as a good idea. We will consider it.
332. When will you be able to tell us more about : climbing (I though it was totally removed due to the name change of this skill), swimming, any improvement of arts skill ?
  • Answer: Climbing is considered as quite important mechanics and we hope to implement it before we start open beta tests of MMO. As about other skills - they are not our priority ATM.
333. Sharana said cooking will change, any words on it ? :D
  • Answer: Ask Sharana? :) I don't know anything about it.
334. Will you improve interest of Parched Winds/Southern Drifters/Icy Hermits ? I can't imagine people will go their because they love it :no:
  • Answer: I'm quite sure, that once MMO map become crowded some guild will consider it as a good option to move there. At least there will be less competition for those lands.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Camil199197
Zealous Believer

Post by Camil199197 » 31 Dec 2016, 14:27

335. Will there be any changes to the stat strenght, because weapons with high strength requirement scale very poor with it. Everyone will switch to light weapons with high constitution, because constitution scales with HP + speed now.
  • Answer: We might consider it, yes.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 31 Dec 2016, 22:11

336. As textures are here, and the game is mature, do you plan to add more nudity/gore/bloody/guts stuff ? adding parental control for young players ?
  • Answer: Not our priority TBH. I don't think that it will add that much of a value to our game. Life is Feudal, but not THAT much.

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 31 Dec 2016, 22:47

337. After the many debates and polls, are you considering changing, or rather, increasing the skill point cap?
  • Answer: Not really. Intellect should help you with that.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 02 Jan 2017, 07:54

338. What have you planned about Minor capacity tree? Almost of them have only a rank 0 capacity/utility and no interest to increase them.
  • Answer: It is called Minor for a reason. But we might add some more valuable skills or rework current ones sometime later.
339. Do you envisage the possibility to implant a kind a fog of war on the world map?
  • Answer: No. It will never work. Community created maps will appear quite fast + we consider to show the political map with cities and heraldry of guilds owning them, so there is little to no point in trying to hide anything big.
340. When a skillpoint is locked, we don't gain any points on caracteristic. Is it intent?
  • Answer: Yes it is.
341. What will be the regionnals servers? On your website you speak about EU, CIS, North America, South America and Asia but on the forum I didn't see the same (but I'm not able to find again the topic). Can you clarify?
  • Answer: Since we don't have those regional servers (yet), we didn't create according forum sections (yet).
342. cancelled. sorry
Last edited by Saar on 03 Jan 2017, 08:50, edited 1 time in total.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 02 Jan 2017, 14:39

343. Few titles were available in the game : 90/100 skill titles and guild rank titles.
What about those one : Thug, Royal Knight, Believer, Crusader, Farmer, Slave Driver, Chemist, Druid or Runner ? How could we unlock them ? Will guild leaders able to give special titles to their guildies ?
  • Answer: Most of them come from Steam achievements. We might implement similar system on our own sometime later. Guild leaders will only be able to provide a guild rank and according title - nothing else.
344. How accurate is this pic from an old interview ? (http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/201 ... fwupwa.jpg) Regions don't seem to fit this plan, or... are regions free from climate link ? :D
  • Answer: Somewhat accurate. It is quite old and some tweaks were made already

Return to General Discussion