MMO Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Hanger55
Alpha Tester

Re: Interactive FAQ

Post by Hanger55 » 09 Jul 2014, 23:52

Lukepop wrote:Man 1 trips man 2 then stabs man 3 with his glaive, trips man 5, Runs Man 2 through with his glaive when he stands up and stab man 4 with his dagger?
Will combos be thing like this? If not then how will they be?(Man one is a Max level Polearmist)

I certainly need a picture of that :D Really hard to understand that question.

Just look up some assassins creed gameplay.... Thats what I think of when I see that. I believe in ac2 you could do that actually.

Malak

Post by Malak » 11 Jul 2014, 00:04

476) First a comment, I used to play Wurm and Darkfall and just wanna say this game is going to blow them away. Wurm's playerbase is gone anyway, but my question is you said religious powers is that going to be like wurm? Where you have to pray to your diety and then can become a priest? If thats the case then is it going to be a non combatant priest? How about enchanting as well? Sorry if this is alot of questions just curious

TBH I have never seen Wurm religion system (I've played it for a month or so like 3-4 years ago). I never stated that our religious system will be like the Wurm's one. It will simply allow you to recall home, pray to regain your alignment, and provide some blessings before combat to avoid skill loss after death in a battle.
There is a whole Pope and Holy Church system in plan, but it will be implemented way way later.

Elindor
True Believer

Post by Elindor » 11 Jul 2014, 02:09

477) My question is about the development plan for the game and the currently anticipated releases of various stages. What are the things you guys are currently working on? What are the upcoming things to be worked on next? When will the pre alpha servers but up more consistently? As the game progresses into alpha and beta, what will be the payments to access those stages - same as now or different? What is your roughly anticipated release timeframe?

Currently there is one certain stage of our project - Steam Early Alpha of LiF:YO. If it will fail for some reasons - that would mean a VERY harsh times for our project really, maybe even a closure and I'm not joking. If it will succeed, then we will increase development rates by simply growing up our team.
Currently we're busy with a lot of bug fixing, implemention of ranged combat and fixing of wild animals and forests/crops growth. That should not take longer than a month from now on. After that I hope that we will be able to make a pretest of LiF:YO version for our alpha testers (yes, we're talking about preAlpha tests before Early Alpha release on Steam :D )

If you want my honest opinion, I am looking forward to have stable LiF:MMO servers sometime around November 2014. But that is a VERY rough and rather pessimistic estimate.

About payments. We don't have them yet ;) Only donations. But I think that onbce game will be in a more stable and representable state - we will lower prices and let more people in.

Thanks for the info Bobik! We're all hoping you guys can keep going...

Malak

Post by Malak » 12 Jul 2014, 05:04

478) Criminals, what are going to be some of the ways you deal with the people that will frequently look to just kill people like bandit crews, can people build things within their village that will attack people who grief the walls or who are KOS by the village leader? (In wurm you could buy a deed and have spirit templars and a KOS list of people you didnt want around and they would kill the person and also protect the deed from enemies.) I know I compare it to wurm in my other one but its the only MMO I played thats like LIF and LIF is going to put it down, I mean I am a seasoned wurm player I played it for years on end.

I understand what are you talking about. In Darkfall players called them "zap towers" because of the sound they produced while hitting you with a lightning. It is not decided finally yet about them, but most probably we will add them sometime later.
But we do not plan for them to be powerful - they will work more as a detection/alert for defenders and a way to annoy and bleed the attackers.

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

Post by Lukepop » 13 Jul 2014, 09:02

Why did you take what he said as mine? I never reference assasins creed and I didn't intend it to be something like it visually.
Link to Tirmani thread:
the-duchy-of-tirmani-t1291/

Riboy98
Alpha Tester

Post by Riboy98 » 15 Jul 2014, 21:04

479. I read firs 15 pages and i still don't now how it will be with raiding enemy vilage. Lets say that 2 kingdoms are in war and you decide that you will raid enemy vilage. You come with a few man there is a peasnt who try to kill you. You shoot him with arrow and he is dead. Do you lose aligment? And then you come to the village. Do you simply throw torch on farm house and burnt down?

Tnx for taking your time to answer me Bobik and you need to play your game with all other programers and develepors :D

If you're officially in war with a guild of that "peasant", then there will be NO alignment loss. And yes, you can start marauding that village unless their guild come and fight you.
We might implement some windows of opportunity for raids, to avoid 4 a.m. PvB (Player vs Buildings) stupid raids.

DamJNeT

Post by DamJNeT » 17 Jul 2014, 04:28

Hello !
First of all I must say that game looks promising, but that's what I thougt about games like darkfall and mortal online before they came out (no pressure ;) )

So I'm an old school gamer, and I believe I played most of the games you take inspiration from.

I have a few questions concerning what I've seen in those games and I'd like to know your point of view.

It seems you plan an approach of the raids (cf your last post), to avoid PvB... Well if there is one server, its gonna happen eventually.
I remember Shadowbane where it was the point between asians and EU/US players to raid when people where sleeping, I agree it isnt fair/fun.
Concerning "Zap towers" for AFK defense, after HnH, the developers of Salem introduced a kind of defensive tower...
Well from what I've seen it can defend against the random wanabee thief / griefer, but against competent people it doenst do much. They also put a system where your life gets drained bit by bit on other's claims, wich is interesting too. That way you don't have to forbid griefing/raiding base when no one is here to defend, it's just hard to do and you have to actually be well prepared and plan ahead or you could die (for the average raider).

480 - I think you said 25 or 35 km2 of map on your main server.

Nope, it is 21*21km which is 441 km2
(Sorry to compare again, I found a lot of reference to them in your game from your explanations on rinocrunch video).
I have no idea how many Km2 there are in HnH, but what I know is its HUGE. You can walk for hours in any direction (whereas 25km2 would be 5*5 km, so one hour walking from border to border at human pace).
I also know the population is in the hundreds, and even with that low ammount of people and that huge map eventually its hard to find a peaceful place when you are new.
I imagine LiF is looking for more than 300 people on at a time, so I'd like to know how many people you think the serv can handle space wise and ressource wise. I don't want to feel like in UO today, where you have to be insanely lucky to find a place to put your house because it is overcrowded. Same for ressources...

481 - Wich brings me to alts. I know you plan to give only one character per player. I'm not sure if I have the right informations, but can you do everything with one character ?

I strongly suggest you to read more info about game before posting in that thread. Most of your assumptions are simply wrong. There will be no limit of 1 character per account. One character CAN level any skills without any "class"limitations, but one character CAN NOT have all skills at one given time.

Cause once more, in games like UO / Shadowbane / HnH every semi competitive players have alts to be able to fulfill every roles, and I think Shadowbane would have died a lot sooner without the possibility to do alts, and HnH would be dead too.

I'll have other questions later I'm sure, but it's a big post already :D
Thank you for your time and answers,
DamJ

Kossako
Alpha Tester

Post by Kossako » 18 Jul 2014, 12:19

How long would it take for trees to grow? From planted tree to normal and then major. It depends on tree type?

It depends on tree type. In average it takes 7 in game days to grow into normal stage and 7 more days into major. Scale of days might be tweaked into 8 game days in a 1 real life day, but that is not final yet.
Skills and crafting information: lif-database-application-t1494

Build your first home for newbies guide: first-house-guide-to-new-players-t1432

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 23 Jul 2014, 10:23

Dumb question maybe:
Animations for being hit and for successful parries... Are they coming? / when are they coming?

I'm mainly asking because some games (like Mortal Online) are failing to include such animations correctly so combat will always feel unresponsive and detached.

They are already in. Maybe they're not so visible ATM, but a loud parry sound will surely let you know when you had parries.

edit: I can't see any animation corresponding to the character being hit here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtdljYElCDQ

That's why I'm asking.

Lukepop
Alpha Tester

Post by Lukepop » 24 Jul 2014, 08:07

484. What happens when you win a siege? Do you have to set up a new realm on the spot of their castle if you wish to conquer their lands?

Yup, new Monument must be erected on that site.

485. Will it be possible to extend the protected land? What if my guild wanted to build a large city? Would we just have to build massive city walls? It would be hard to build a large metropolis if you couldn't extend the protected area. The city would be easily sieged.

You will not be able to extend city claim protected area. Though you can always make a walls perimeter away from city claim area. But you will have to defend them from raids on a daily basis, though destroying a castle wall will not be an easy task and will need a good amount of men and siege equipment, so I doubt that occasional raids of your enemies wil lbe able to break through, unless you really not protecting that perimeter with your own forces.
And yes, it was stated before, that we might introduce raiding window of opportunity, so you will not have to protect your assets on your country claim 24/7
Link to Tirmani thread:
the-duchy-of-tirmani-t1291/

Kossako
Alpha Tester

Post by Kossako » 25 Jul 2014, 08:35

Can we log in on multiple characters from one computer at same time? (I really hate relogging)
Not from the same account.
Skills and crafting information: lif-database-application-t1494

Build your first home for newbies guide: first-house-guide-to-new-players-t1432

Knitler
Alpha Tester

Post by Knitler » 27 Jul 2014, 23:27

Hey those are my important questions;

487. What about that premium currency? I heard that you need them to get off the newbie island, but is the premium currency enough when we spend the 50€?

Price of a ticket to for your character to move to the main continent is planned to be 20€ worth of premoum currency.

488. What is the Greenlight in Steam then? YO or MMO?

Originally there were MMO, but we've found that YO version is accepted better on Steam, than MMO one.

489. Will u first release YO and some months later the MMO?

Yes, YO, then MMO

490. When u spend money for the MMO will u have access to YO?
I know that you may be planning on giving out some discount or for free, but maybe u set your decision.

It is not finally decided yet.

Mumbles

Post by Mumbles » 29 Jul 2014, 06:44

491. LiF:YO is meant to be released in September, so when should we expect the release of LiF:MMO. Early 2015?

It will be Early Alpha of LiF:YO in September. Somewhat stable beta of LiF:MMO will be late 2015 I think. But that is still hard to predict, because we rely heavily on LiF:YO success.

Est1418

Post by Est1418 » 31 Jul 2014, 14:26

492. Could you please explain what is the point of making skills easy to reach 90, but hard to reach 100, despite of it doesn't increase no benefits.
In my opinion skills should be progressive in difficulty and in benefits. The further you go, the harder and better it gets. BUT it shouldn't take you 3 years to get there. It shoudn't be easy though.

Thank you for the attention.

It is done for those, who want to grind/achieve something in our game on his character. You're not forced to level up to 100, but if you will - you will be able to show off your achievement to everyone. Via special title or special animation/taunt or via specially looking items

Tasnik
Alpha Tester

Post by Tasnik » 07 Aug 2014, 10:29

493. Is there going to be any kind of physics? Like Ragdoll for dead players and mobs?

Probably yes, sometime later.

494. Are there going to be physics for the ships too? As is it in ArcheAge, where this make a big difference to the atmosphere istead of boxes which are moving around slowly.

Yes, hopefully yes.

495. Are there going to be the same damage system on the ships as well as on the players themself?

Like separate parts being damaged? Probably yes. But currently it is too far till ships.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 09 Aug 2014, 16:30

Not sure if this was ask so I just go ahead and do it.

Will crouching be in at some point? I don't necessarily mean being able to walk around crouching but just standing there in a crouched position from where you would need to stand up again and walk around. Persistent World mod for Warband has it like that and I really like it. It should be among the standard skills anybody could do.

Currently it is not planned or designed, but maybe we will implement it sometime later if players will really ask for it.

Wolfhelm

Post by Wolfhelm » 10 Aug 2014, 18:17

495: closed alpha vs open alpha,

?

496: when do you plan to run both alphas

Nothing is certain ATM - we're very dependent on LiF:YO steam release.

497: if i donate to test the game will i get a slot upon release?

You will get a refund in premium currency that should be enough for at least one character ticket.

This is our land! post17956/#p17956

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 10 Aug 2014, 21:51

Any plans on giving you the option to alter the 3rd person camera position?
Personally I like Skyrim's adjustable camera view distance the most, it also fades smoothly into first person when you zoom in close enough.
Alternatively, Mount&Blade's system is quite simple: you can alter the view distance in a small range plus lowered camera height when you hit the free look button
here my thread concerning this:
3rd-person-camera-angle-t1333/

Yes, we definitely will do something with that camera, just sometime later.

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 11 Aug 2014, 20:31

Right now, the mining profession is the only profession that can obtain "gold" from the earth, the currency used in the game. Is this going to make the game unbalanced, where the miners are the richest players in the game?

Gold will not be currency (at least not planned). In game currency coins will be issued by server that can be obtained by selling resources and crafted results to server NPCs. And miners will always need food, protection, alchemy for some smelting and smelting structures to be built and smiths for new tools. It will not be that simple as it seems ;)

Some professions are purely service-oriented, for example, the construction profession. Meanwhile, the mining profession can extract minerals from the earth at no cost to themselves, in ADDITION to being a service profession (ie. blacksmithing). Will all the professions provide equal opportunities for wealth-creation, or is it going to be unbalanced in this respect?

Actually you need terraforming (NOT mining) to build a mine shaft and mining will be used only AFTER that to extract ore. As I've said above, it is not that simple and I bet that service provision can be profitable too. Especially when some guild will want to construct 10m walls perimeter in one day before a siege. Also, miner needs a mine, which might be a problem to have and hold, while forester or farmer for instance need only lands and there are plenty of those. Try to compare LiF with real life. In real life miners are not necessary have job or rich, though they can "extract minerals from the earth at no cost to themselves". ;)

Riven311
Alpha Tester

Post by Riven311 » 11 Aug 2014, 20:57

1st time posting on this!!! :beer:

501: I am to belive most things are going to be player run. Will there be use of player run NPCs? lets say cart NPC for trading goods? Or even pay town guards?

Probably nope. Maybe only just shopkeepers in some shops, but no more. Complexity of NPCs in a fully terraformed MMO environment were discussed many times already.

502: Traps? be they for human or well non human :P

Already are. Snares and traps vs animals. We had a plan for caltrops as defensive tools vs mounted cavalry. Nothing more is planned yet.

503: will there be a eating of humans.....yes I know its a bit sick but things like that happen in times back then. as well I can see human skin armor as well

:bad: it happened sometimes during modern times, but that definitely not needed in our game

504: (forgot to ask this one) will there be Flails? I been hope for this for a long time (for all who don't know what it is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flail_(weapon) )
Probably not.
Last edited by Riven311 on 12 Aug 2014, 01:06, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfhelm

Post by Wolfhelm » 11 Aug 2014, 21:41

ill reword my earlier question.

what will the diffrenences between "closed" alpha and "open" alpha be?
Probably there will be no open alpha. It will be just alpha and then beta. We do not plan to open main continent for free in some period of tests. At least not now.

I also kinda want question 503, it would add good roleplay, would be very fun, but still kinda sick...

Zeerey

Post by Zeerey » 13 Aug 2014, 00:01

505. My main question is how the sieges will work, but particularly how the timer will work, will it be as shadowbane is where when the seige is placed its gives the leader of the ones being seiged the option of when they will be seiged the next day or will it be like darkfall and happen 24 hours after the seige is placed, Personally I think the seiges should be chosen by the ones whom are seiged it helps prevent ninja seiges and so on so forth (stealing a city/Attacking it at 3am or some ridiculous time)

It is too early to talk about sieges in details, but there certainly should be no 3 a.m. Sieges/raids possible. Currently we aim for windows of opportunity, but will see later how it will work out and certainly will tweak it.

Wolfhelm

Post by Wolfhelm » 13 Aug 2014, 00:22

507: can anyone make a order/country regarldess of authority skill, or is there a required level.

You will need 60 in Authority to start an Order creation process.

508: how would i make a order

Will be explained later. Currently they're not implemented

509: how to increase authority skill.

By possesing a personal claim for extended period of time. Each day each cell that is claimed by you will increase your authority a little.

510: can anyone do anything regardless of skill levels, or is it like you need level 60 in ___ inorder to use/build ____.

Yes, you need a certain level of skill to use/build/craft certain objects.

511. Is there a way to teleport new members to your base, say i make a order, and invite a freind to it, can they get to me easily without walking hours.

No. Only way to fast travel is to recall back to your home. If all your friends will be binded in the same spot as you are (Central NPC city for instance), then you will be able to meet quickly. In other cases you will have to travel.

Cabraca

Post by Cabraca » 13 Aug 2014, 11:01

512. So we can use a recall spell ? so we can stay in the desert and use it to get instantly to our base in the north were we are bind?

Yes. Just not instantly, you will have to "cast" it for some time and can easily be interrupted.

Wolfhelm

Post by Wolfhelm » 13 Aug 2014, 12:39

513: how long will it take to reach level x in a skill (1.5-2 hours a day)
lvl 25
lvl 50
lvl 60
lvl 75
lvl 90

few hours till lvl 30, few days to 60, 1-2 weeks to 90.

(I ask this as it seems itll take a really long time to build anything, seeing even the wood shacks reuire a lvl 60...)

514: do.you need to have autgority to form a band

Yes.

515: if I level up one skill that's a prerequisite to another, will the other sill level up as well (say will construction material preparation level up construction)

No, it will not. Why should it?

Wolfhelm

Post by Wolfhelm » 13 Aug 2014, 18:20

516. a few more, will there be pelts you can wear, as I for one would love to run around the countryside wearing nothing but pants, and the skin of a wolf, killing people with my deadly axe, hunting for more wolfs for a newer coat, ect ect ect (who wouldn't...)

by pelts I mean what these guys are wearing

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8374/8487 ... bdec_z.jpg

Maybe.

--------

517. Also, will there be a online map showing builds/claims
Yes.

-------

will findin other peoples bases be only luck, like im wandering around hunting, and bam, i found a base.

-------

518. Will there be coords like in minecraft to aid travel that we can view.

Probably yes, will see later.

Wolfhelm

Post by Wolfhelm » 14 Aug 2014, 17:35

another 2 came to mind...

519. regarding alighnment, what if one player attacks me, (not a evil player, but one with good alighment), and i retailiate and kill him, will it count as murder as he started it...

If you had killed him while he was a criminal because of his assault, then no, it will not be punished with alignment loss. But if he just made one attack and refrained from fighting you, while you were hitting him hard for some period of time - then you will be a criminal and will be punished for assault and murder.

and...

i read somewhere there will be no overhead displays showing name guild ect, but with that theres 2 problem, one friendly fire is easy, and 2 how will you tell who from who.

520. so my question here is will it be like in warband, were you need to get close to a player to see the name, and theres a overhead display of a guild coat of arms above friendlys heads to help tell who from who

You need to target a person with your crosshair to see his name, guild, title etc. But maybe sometime later we will be able to implement a guild tabards that will help to distinct each other in a heat of battle.

P.S. Please, follow the rules of that topic and continue enumeration of questions.

Tantal
Alpha Tester

Post by Tantal » 18 Aug 2014, 17:34

521. What does the quality of an item influence? For example a hatchet. Does it produce higher quality wood, cut down the tree faster, loose its durability slower?

In case of a hatchet it will have more durability and will wear out slower. In case of some other tools in other crafting recipes they will add directly to a Quality of a resulting item.

Dofujohn

Post by Dofujohn » 19 Aug 2014, 21:41

Where can I purchase this project?

Jetcutter
Alpha Tester

Post by Jetcutter » 19 Aug 2014, 23:53

Dofujohn wrote:Where can I purchase this project?

for-those-who-still-want-to-support-project-financially-t502/

:beer:

Return to General Discussion