MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

duddey
Alpha Tester

Re: MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

Post by duddey » 16 Nov 2016, 12:53

236. Some news about "animals pull carts" ?

thanks for all your work and the time you take to answer us.
Really appreciate :beer:
  • Answer: Just discussed it today about the ways how to implement them better. Will continue implementation this week. Cannot provide any ETA so far, but hopefully it is not that long left to wait. "soon" (c ) (tm) :)

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 16 Nov 2016, 14:30

237.Is there any plan for some low-fantasy things except the natives , some mysterious cave or random dungeon for player to explore ? that will be more attractive! :Yahoo!:
  • Answer: In some far distance - maybe. But nothing certain yet.
丨Revenge丨Unity丨Brave丨Yeomanry |

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 16 Nov 2016, 15:06

238. Is there a hidden plan for objects like cups/primitive cups/jugs etc ?
  • Answer: Nope, not really. We decided that fluids management will be too tedious and will not give THAT much of fun.
239. It seems we are very near the wave 1, any News about the mobile app for minigames ? Arrakis confirmed the new forum design is incoming too... Will it be linked and available in this app ? Or simply... What can you say about this feature (the app) ?
  • Answer: App is being tested now both on Android and IOs phones. But currently, it features only the minigames.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 16 Nov 2016, 15:23

240: About next wave. It will probably start with short test as well, just without wipes - is that correct?
  • Answer: We are going to make wipe right at the end of the current test run. After it we DO NOT PLAN to make any wipes until open beta release in February-April 2017.
241: Do you have speed multiplier in mind - x10 again or x5 this time? Also are you leaving the 400 skillcap?
  • Answer: Probably x1 or x2. Yes, 400 will stay as it is.
242: The nights are pretty dark now (since few months) and not everyone will wear a torch if there is no warrior in the build (need 30 warrior to unlock demolution for torch). Any idea about hand(waist) held lamp for the same effect - like the lamp blacksmiths make for the lamp post?
  • Answer: We will make some kind of primitive torch recipe.
243: Will you enable the 1 character per account for wave 1? - we should get used to it :)
  • Answer: Nope. and there will be no 1 character per account. Players will be able to buy additional characters with a discount.
Last edited by Sharana on 17 Nov 2016, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 16 Nov 2016, 15:32

242b. Or simply let people use it as a tool before warrior 30 without the capacity to draw the torche and then fight

244. I reported it a year ago but nothing changed, so, sorry, I bring it to you right here :)
Can you read the read number ? we cannot :( can you please add a shadow under numbers ?

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 18 Nov 2016, 22:20

Sharana wrote:
  • Answer: We are going to make wipe right at the end of the current test run. After it we DO NOT PLAN to make any wipes until open beta release in February-April 2017.

The question was do you call that period wave 1 that will be followed by wave 2. And will this wave 1 reach a 24/7 readiness before wave 2.

Sharana wrote:
  • Answer: Probably x1 or x2. Yes, 400 will stay as it is.

Isn't that a bit harsh? Release speed (x1) during limited test I mean. Even for wave 2 if there will be wipe after that x1 is too much and x2 sounds better. Is it possible for you to reconsider and apply something like x5 for the next phase that will last only few months and won't be open 24/7?

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 20 Nov 2016, 01:13

245,Any plan for some blood particals or textures,just show it on the charactor`s wound and hit point,that makes more reality
  • Answer: We already have bloody decals on body and armor. But we might improve that system sometime later, probably next year.
246.Can`t wait out the new combat mechanics and new craft system :D could you reveal any ETA about this :beer: for next friday ?
  • Answer: Not really. Stay tuned ;)
247.Will you wipe the short wave`s stuffs before the next wave(#1 ?) starts in December,and will you restrict the players to use just one charactor while testing :%)
  • Answer: Already answered twice. We are going to make wipe right at the end of the current test run. After it we DO NOT PLAN to make any wipes until open beta release in February-April 2017.
248.Could you plan to use some Forest Village`s BGMs into the MMO? Im really like the soundtrack of that game :D
  • Answer: Hmmm, I doubt that it is a good idea to mix soundtracks of 2 different games. Especially when LiF:Forest Village was not developed by us.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 21 Nov 2016, 08:17

249. What is native integration objective?
It's a PvE feature? A kind of "combat tutorial" or they will be hard to kill with "good loot" (or not) ?

I just... dont understand their utilities and what they bring to the game :x
  • Answer: More like a PvE feature with a good loot. Just another daily activity you can do, PvP over PvE - that's when you gank/got ganked while clearing camp.
250. If they are Natives camps on the place where my guild want to install can we conquier their territory?
  • Answer: Nope, you cannot.
251. What's about native programmation's?
How will they respawn? Randomly on all the map? Only on their claims?
They will move accross the map (as animal), staying in their claims or move in group?
  • Answer: We plan both in camp respawns + some random encounters while traveling or digging mines
As always, Thanks for your time AND your incredible game!

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 23 Nov 2016, 04:44

252. Could you reveal any details about how does the "blue print" work and how to find in the game ? Will the new armor sets(you mentioned before) being added into the blueprint crafting system or just for MMO ?
  • Answer: Blueprint is a random drop that you can acquire while performing a corresponding crafting action. For example - while making Novice armor you've realized how to make a veteran one. Such blueprinted armors will be more effective and more expensive. That is something you will have to consider to wear on before battle.

Potrais
Devoted Believer

Post by Potrais » 23 Nov 2016, 22:32

I want to thank you for all the years of fun with life is Feudal your own. I have been hearing that the beta would be open to players who bought early and its been postponed over a year now. I saw that you will be opening beta wave 2 in Feb or April 2017, i find that hard to believe, mostly due to you have not really tested the servers for load.

From someone who play life is feudal your own when it was so bugged that we had to move ores in animal carcass. I really do not understand why you would not open the mmo beta to people who are playing life is feudal your own. I believe is that you do not believe the servers will handle the amount of players, in which you are just prolonging identifying the issues. The most players i have seen in one zone is around 30, when you are talking about potentially guilds of 300 players that could be in one zone. I hope you have the servers to handle this, big company have said they did and on launch they crashed.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 27 Nov 2016, 04:38

253.Could you consider to add Dual Wielding in the future,while using two nordicswords or two knightswords can make up the damage which those kind of weapon deals. Speaking honesty the one-handed sword are really useless than any other weapons in combat, their recipes requirment are much higher than the one-handed axe and the spear. so i suggest it can be hold in two hand ,and blocking with more time )))
  • Answer: Yes, we may consider it in future. But we cannot promise anything certain at the moment.
P.S: i had played a single-player game yesterday called Exanima,and it made me thought about Dual Wielding can be available ,just the left slash using left hand`s sword,and the right slash using another one
Spoiler

Anda.....were i breaking the rules of our forum while posting other game`s images... :%)

Nawo1234
Beta Tester

Post by Nawo1234 » 27 Nov 2016, 12:12

254. With the new armorcrafting system already implemented, it has been stated that you'll have a 1% chance of getting a Tier 3 blueprint while forging Tier 2 armors.

- Will Royal armor blueprints have a 1% chance of appearing while forging Tier 3 armors?
  • Answer: Yes.
- This percentage can be higher if you are wearing things that give you luck? (earrings, necklaces...)
  • Answer: Yes.

Veda
Beta Tester

Post by Veda » 28 Nov 2016, 09:42

255. Will we have a larger diversity of stone/granite walls/towers ?
  • Answer: Yes, we're working on it. But can't say anything specific at the moment.

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 28 Nov 2016, 10:50

256. any new ETA of #1 ? :angel:
  • Answer: None officially. Mid December hopefully.
257. how we will heal our horses? may be +1 hp per minute in stable?
  • Answer: They should regenerate by themselves while in inventory. And we might introduce some veterinary abilities to speed up a healing process.
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 28 Nov 2016, 22:47

258. (About 257) I hope, will it work in offline too? ..... or the person will be almost always overloaded with horse in inventory.... :angel:
  • Answer: Yes, it will work.
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Gwenhyfar
True Believer

Post by Gwenhyfar » 28 Nov 2016, 23:30

259. Are keep costs going to be updated? With the new armor updates, it is currently faster to build a regular keep than to make a complete set of tier 3 armor.
  • Answer: Yup, we're constantly reviewing buildings construction prices.
260. Is armor recycling removed? Or is that a bug with the current public-beta? Whenever I throw armor into the bloomery, it gets destroyed when I heat it up.
  • Answer: It is a bug, we're going to fix that.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 29 Nov 2016, 13:56

261. Bobik, what is the reason you (your team) scrapped one of the best ideas you had lately? I mean the 60-80-100 quality cap when using iron/steel/vostaskus steel? It is changed to 75-90-100 now and the cap is not even on armor, but the metal parts, so when you add good quality other materials you can still craft 80-90 quality armors using just iron...

Why was the 60-80-100 cap idea scrapped? As it is now iron (weapons, tools) of 75 quality are just good enough for mass use and no one will bother with steel for such things (significantly less demand on flux - alchemists and 2x time less iron). Steel will be used for premium items only (90 quality) and you don't need more then 90 - MMO is not RP PvE server - with speed of 0.1 the YO we're used to how many will grind to 90+ where when they die they go weeks to month back in leveling? That means vostakus steel is just as useless as now - why have it ingame as top when there is no actual game need of it outside few ingots for monument upgrade?

If the cap is 60-80-100 as you planned then much higher amount of stuff will be made out of steel (job for alchemists) instead of everything out of iron. And with steel cap on 80 there will be initiative to use vostaskus steel to craft 90-95 quality iteams. Tier 3 armors are rare enough - when you can actually make one why go cheap with steel when it would be better to use vostaskus steel and get 90 quality instead of 80? That's significantly more demand on copper (why else would you use it if you have iron), gold and silver + good blacksmiths. That can only be better for the MMO's economy when there is value and demand for high end stuff.
Tier 2 will be the mass armor now - 60 skill with 60 quality armor (iron) is just perfect. If you level up higher to like 75-80 you will want steel armor. If you can afford tier 3 armor (90 skill) then vostakus steel is better suited to take advantage on your leveled skill (90) and make you 90q armors instead of 80 with normal steel - why go cheap with rare armor anyway.
But as it is now there is no need of that - just iron for all tier 2s and cheap normal steel for tier 3 armors.

I mean you change the game to be MMO like with the new tree growing speed and blueprints system for armor, yet you decide to scrap the old quality caps and make crafting as easy as it is in YO - why would efficient players (guilds...) waste time on vostakus steel when 90 quality that is about the normal end goal for 99.99% of the players who will engage in PvP from time to time can be achieved with easy to make normal steel?

• Answer: I agree with you. We will shift it back to 60-80-100. And BTW we also plan to remove copper from "common metals" group, so it will no longer be possible to craft any weapon or armor out of copper - only iron and steels.

Hurlzalot
Devoted Believer

Post by Hurlzalot » 30 Nov 2016, 04:57

Sharana wrote:261. Bobik, what is the reason you (your team) scrapped one of the best ideas you had lately? I mean the 60-80-100 quality cap when using iron/steel/vostaskus steel? It is changed to 75-90-100 now and the cap is not even on armor, but the metal parts, so when you add good quality other materials you can still craft 80-90 quality armors using just iron...

I haven't tested the numbers myself, but I was under the impression that iron was going to be 60, which seems like a good number. 90 definitely seems too high for steel. This will be too easy with blacksmith shop and outfit to achieve high quality armor/weapons. I agree with 60-80-100.

Tholld

Post by Tholld » 30 Nov 2016, 15:50

262. You declared that you want to remove copper from common metals group. In my opinion thats ok for weapons and armor, but what about tools? Some tools should be still craftable with copper, for example cooking pots out of copper makes more sense than out of iron.
  • Answer: Yes, indeed copper will still be used for different tools and ware.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 30 Nov 2016, 17:26

263. I'm coming back 'again' about the guilds invitationals, it is said 1 000 fans invited to the closed beta... what about the guilds leaders and their guild mates ? ;)
  • Answer: We will decide later. We can't say anything about that at the moment.

MrTopbanana
True Believer

Post by MrTopbanana » 01 Dec 2016, 06:18

264. is there any information about what is possible in each wave?
Is Wave #1 able to play the game like in the current state of lif:yo or how is it gonna look like? Same with wave 2, if there are limited content, like no trading n stuff.
Thanks
  • Answer: Not yet, we will expose features that are will be presented in the current testing wave shortly before wave start.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 01 Dec 2016, 15:27

265. Will the servers support this increased wave of people? I know my guild has been buying believer packs like tickets to heaven.

Which they are! :)
  • Answer: They should :)
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Dragodor
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragodor » 01 Dec 2016, 15:49

266) Wipe and Resource Shuffle after Beta Wave #2:

Arrakis09 wrote:Beta Wave #2
Who is eligible: Everyone who has Life is Feudal: Your Own in their Steam library or who purchased supporter packs or who have acquired a ticket for their character in-game
Start date (aprox.): In a few weeks after the end of Beta Wave #1
Duration (aprox.): 0.5 - One year
Wipe at the end?: No
Map resources shuffle?: No
Does it really mean that there is no wipe and no resorces shuffle after this 1 year of beta wave#2 and all new players on Release that buy LiF MMO will get on servers that are not new, but built like their were in the beta wave? Used, looted, partly empty...?
  • Answer: Yup. We won't wipe. Consider it a 'soft release'.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 01 Dec 2016, 23:55

267. Will the personal claims come with wave 1 or wave 2?
  • Answer: On later stages of Wave #1
268. Bobik - can you please shed some light about the personal claims. In interviews you talked about personal claims since 2014 the info is somewhat contradictory. Can you set the personal claim in the wildness (claim land in the process) or only on top of guild claim?
If you can set it up everywhere what about "land is finite resource and only groups of 10+ players can claim land" and how can you loot such personal claim in the middle of nowhere? If it's on top of guild claim you can loot it while raiding the guild, but if you can't loot personal claim wouldn't everyone make one to save stuff there as no one can touch it?
  • Answer: Yes, claims in the wilderness will be totally safe and cannot be raided at all. But some guild can always come, place their monument and remove that claim after 24 hours timeout. So private claims in the wilderness still somewhat vulnerable. We MIGHT reconsider it after a certain testing period and maybe we will make some kind of Judgment Hour for personal claims, but currently, I do not see a reason for that. Solo players should have some fun too. And personal claim is way, way, way smaller than even level 1 monument guild claim, so it should not be THAT much of an issue.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 02 Dec 2016, 14:14

Thanks to Sharana to ask his/her question :)

269. What's currently plan about InGame's vocal ?
  • Answer: It will not be available until we implement its support. Hopefully before Wave #2.
270. Who is answerring? :D Bobbik or Arrakis?
Is it eventually possible for you to precise who wrote? (It can be better to translate your words)
  • Answer: In most times Arrakis translates my (Bobik) words ;)

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 02 Dec 2016, 14:55

271. Not to raise a topic that will cause you do bang your head on the desk, but where do boats fit into Wave 1 or 2 now, if at all?
  • Answer: Late Wave #2.

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 03 Dec 2016, 02:35

Bobik wrote:
  • Answer: Yes, claims in the wilderness will be totally safe and cannot be raided at all. But some guild can always come, place their monument and remove that claim after 24 hours timeout. So private claims in the wilderness still somewhat vulnerable. We MIGHT reconsider it after a certain testing period and maybe we will make some kind of Judgment Hour for personal claims, but currently, I do not see a reason for that. Solo players should have some fun too. And personal claim is way, way, way smaller than even level 1 monument guild claim, so it should not be THAT much of an issue.

272. We all understand that solo players need fun and safety, yet we all were under the impression that safety will come only if the personal claim is outside the main city (protected area) or on the ground of some guild - the wildness won't be protected, only the decay will be off if it's even allowed. But you say that's not the case.

Life is feudal - you can't be safe. Even guilds can be sieged (destroyed) or at least raided (looted) - yet personal claims hidden in the forest will be immune to such damage? The fact that guilds can take over doesn't change anything as guild needs way more then 1 player to be able to claim land, it's unrealistic to "hunt" and loot personal claims by setting monuments...

But even if we forget for a minute that solo farmer can be perfectly protected inside his paid 25x10 personal claim (that's not small) such mechanic will be used = abused from guilds. After only 10 minutes brainstorming we came up with at least 2 scenarios where such protection mechanic can be abused.

1) Guild X is on server 1 and guild Y is on server 49. Both guilds are in war (they kill and raid each other) ... but that's a very very long way to go, nearly 1 hour even when riding a horse. So guild X decides to set up 5-6 personal claims on server 49 (1-2 minutes riding distance from the enemy claim), build a house fast during the night and set their PvP characters there (shared permissions). They can log in anytime they feel like with the PvP characters and raid guild Y that is just 1-2 minutes away instead of 1hour riding (and their main chars are on server 1 working in their claim), when killed just wait for the res sickness inside the perfectly protected house.
What is the counter to this - have 50-60 players leave guild Y, form 5-6 new guilds (as the minimum is 10 players) and erect 5-6 monuments around those personal claims to neutralize them? There is no other way to destroy those houses - even to simply open the door and kill the ones inside (even if you make JH for personal claims guild Y will have to wait for this JH?). If the enemy just created another guild with monument (for such foward outpost) you could have declared war, raided it and declare siege to destroy that monument. How do you deal with personal claims?

2) During a siege as attacker why would you set up tents to respawn into and guard the "siege camp" when you can simply set up few personal claims, build cheap houses fast and be fully protected while nothing inside the defender's claim is protected?

And those 2 examples are just for 10 minutes. You know the community is very creative and given that opportunity they will find very "unthinkable" ways to grief others abusing the full protection of personal claims. You should probably put more thought into the personal claim's protection concept, because guilds can be declared wars against (raided and destroyed). Similar mechanic should be possible against targeted personal claims unless they are outside the main city (protected area) or inside guild claim. Life is feudal :) Otherwise that's simply very powerful tool for griefing.

273. What will be the options to wage war during wave 1? Some form of JH or the instanced battles and sieges should be ready soon?
  • Answer: We plan for full potitcs system to be working, so you will be able to wage official wars and start official alliances/build kingdoms. Once you're in a war with a certain guild, we plan that some kind of JH will be available to raid each other claims. But that "JH" will be working only for members of guilds that are in war
274. Is it already decided if the instanced battles will happen in the specific time window (like EU prime time for EU server) or every guild will be able to set specific vulnerability window?
  • Answer: Since at wave#2 we plan to set regional servers up, we want to make a certain time period in regional primetime, and guilds will be able to select a certain time for a battle from that range. For instance:
    US server will have a range of 7p.m. PST - 11 p.m. PST. A certain guild will be able to issue a battle challenge and set desired time at 8 p.m. PST. Defending guild will be able to move it one-hour plus or minus. So the final time of battle will be 9 p.m.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 05 Dec 2016, 20:45

Sharana wrote:274. Is it already decided if the instanced battles will happen in the specific time window (like EU prime time for EU server) or every guild will be able to set specific vulnerability window?
  • Answer: Since at wave#2 we plan to set regional servers up, we want to make a certain time period in regional primetime, and guilds will be able to select a certain time for a battle from that range. For instance:
    US server will have a range of 7p.m. PST - 11 p.m. PST. A certain guild will be able to issue a battle challenge and set desired time at 8 p.m. PST. Defending guild will be able to move it one-hour plus or minus. So the final time of battle will be 9 p.m.

275. Considering that many guilds are composed of players from different region, such a narrow window eliminates members from non-primary timezone siege battles. Can guilds themselves set the vulnerability window instead? (my understanding is Eve does this now with timers).
  • Answer: That is partly intended. We're making a broader window of opportunity for a regional server for its prime time period. Defenders can pick a better time in that range to give them some advantage. We don't want them to pick 5 am timeframes because they have a couple of players from the other side of the world, while other guild don't. The whole purpose of regional servers will be to provide a suitable timeframe that will prevent some guilds dodging fights or making them 2 vs 3 fights instead of 100 vs 200, because they've picked 5 a.m.

XeenMcKenna

Post by XeenMcKenna » 06 Dec 2016, 01:09

Sharana wrote:
Bobik wrote:274. Is it already decided if the instanced battles will happen in the specific time window (like EU prime time for EU server) or every guild will be able to set specific vulnerability window?

276. Is it set in stone that there will be regional servers setup? Do you think there are enough players for this to work?
  • Answer: Good question. So far we are positive, that there are enough players for at least one server per region. We will see how later stages of beta will perform and will adapt accordingly.

Veda
Beta Tester

Post by Veda » 06 Dec 2016, 19:33

277. Will you implement a real moat system ? If yes how ?
  • Answer: Our moats are rather real already, the only thing they're lacking is a real water. That would require a whole hydrodynamics simulation which is a VERY hard task in a single player environment, even harder in multiplayer and almost impossible in the MMO.

Return to General Discussion